Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- I am hoping that your dear Toby will recover from the accident in time. It was quite a shock for both of you. Be gentle with each other and gain strength from your children and friends. Such an accident could happen to anyone. Good that neither of you had serious physical injures. As it is often said- one day at a time.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

I was not in the car.I was in Parkinsons Therapy and did not know anything until the building was being evacuated.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

You can just click on the star beside the title for threads you have posted in or the blue dot for threads you haven't posted in.  As long as you are logged in, it will take you to the first new post after the last time you read the thread.  

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Bonnie, I don’t have to delete after I read things in my Favorites. (On my iPhone). I just hit the button on the bottom right to move to another Favorite. Or elsewhere. 
When I click on them again, I just refresh. 
I’m really inept on the computer, but this works for me. 

Mimi, thanks. I'm on a laptop but I'll try your suggestion.  

36 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dani, so happy you made it!

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

She is a Medical professional and does not feel that she needs to go to a doctor.

Lenny, I hope you don't mind my post, but, I think some are concerned at why this happened and sometimes we think we're ok and don't want the bother of seeing a doctor.  Even though Toby is a nurse, self diagnosing might be difficult in this situation.   Glad she's home and able to rest after that horrible experience.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, I hope you don't mind my post, but, I think some are concerned at why this happened and sometimes we think we're ok and don't want the bother of seeing a doctor.  Even though Toby is a nurse, self diagnosing might be difficult in this situation.   Glad she's home and able to rest after that horrible experience.

When I fell on Dec 28 and made the hole in the wall with my head, I said my knee was the only thing to worry about. 
my head didn’t hurt, so I was ok. 
Luckily, I guess I was. But what I didn’t think about was that I’m on Xarelto, and could have had a brain bleed. 
Toby knows all the ramifications, and feels she’s making an informed decision, but is her life, health and her back worth risking? I hope her loved ones let her know they need her. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you for commenting, someone that has been in an accident that bad, needs to be checked out for injuries caused by the crash, but also for something that might have caused them to crash to begin with.  I hope she is fine and resting but someone should make sure she really is okay.  

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

When I fell on Dec 28 and made the hole in the wall with my head, I said my knee was the only thing to worry about. 
my head didn’t hurt, so I was ok. 
Luckily, I guess I was. But what I didn’t think about was that I’m on Xarelto, and could have had a brain bleed. 

And several time in my career I have seen that happen to people on anticoagulants.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Whew, finally caught up again! I had Covid last week and got behind on reading this thread, and it moves so fast! I’m fine now other than the lingering fatigue, which is rough. Andrew had symptoms for only 2 days but tested negative, and my husband Brian escaped unscathed.

Best wishes to @Sea Dog this morning! Hope all goes well!

Speaking of surgery, our little rescue kitty Lucy is going to have to have a large bladder stone removed on Friday. You can tell it’s making her so uncomfortable; she’s in her litter box every couple of minutes. I’m so glad we have her now (we adopted her in October) so that we can get this fixed for her and help her feel better.

22A5EE0D-BD3F-43FE-936D-BD34E8DBBE09.jpeg

She has such a sweet face.   You are right you can see the discomfort in her eyes and the way she is sitting.     I'm sure she will feel so much better after they remove the stone on Friday.    She is very lucky to have adopted you😍

• Like 6

I have a question for those of you that have cruised since the restart. 
I called C&A and after a long hold was cut off. 
I cancelled my March 20 Harmony about three weeks before RCI canceled, so I had to take FCC. 
Booked Harmony with the FCC for March of 21. RCI  canceled. (It was it the CDC?)
I booked March of 22, using the smudged and tattered FCC, and by George we are going if we have to shimmy up the hawsers!

My question: do we get double points or does that only come with brand new bookings with no appendages?

If we get double points, we’ll be Diamond on our Allure cruise in August. 
If we don’t, I won’t be crying in my beer on Allure, because I won’t have drink vouchers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I cancelled my March 20 Harmony about three weeks before RCI canceled, so I had to take FCC. 
Booked Harmony with the FCC for March of 21. RCI  canceled. (It was it the CDC?)
I booked March of 22, using the smudged and tattered FCC, and by George we are going if we have to shimmy up the hawsers!

My question: do we get double points or does that only come with brand new bookings with no appendages?

If we don’t, I won’t be crying in my beer on Allure, because I won’t have drink vouchers. 

If you did a new booking for March 2022 cruise and simply used a FCC from your cancelled 2020 cruise then Yes, the double points should apply as long as you booked within the dates the promo was in place.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We had our April Hawaii cruise canceled by RC that would of been double pts.  They offered us a couple of Hawaiian cruises in 2023 to move to but they didn’t sound good at the time. We then used that fcc to book our Alaska cruise in May.  I don’t expect to get double pts from it.  

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

@sgmn - You've got me hooked.  Fortunately, there's only one Wordle a day.  I got lucky today.

🟨

🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well done! I got it on the sixth and last try 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Our Gracie was a stray we took in 4 years ago, she is HIV Positive and  also will eat anything we  put in front of her even though she has a full mouth extraction( no teeth, doesn't stop her from eating anything)

I also call her our million dollar cat, which my wife doesn't like me calling her that. lol

That's so lovely that she found a loving home with you and your wife .

35 years ago we had a cat who got bitten by another cat and developed cat aids. Poor thing never recovered and we had to have her put down 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I’m embarrassed that I assumed I was ok and should have thought about the effect of blood thinners. 

No need to be embarrassed. Just learn from the mistake so that the next time you decide to use your head to make a hole in a wall....😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No need to be embarrassed. Just learn from the mistake so that the next time you decide to use your head to make a hole in a wall....😉

That could happen at any time!

The funny thing is my knee. The black and blue is just below the knee now, and feels like pebble grain leather. I have never had a bruise that.changed the texture of my skin. 
Where my surgery scar from ‘99 runs vertically up and down  my knee, it now stands up like a very hard worm. It has been a flat white line for years. 
It fascinates me, how recovery crrates changes every few days. 
No pain, though, for which I’m grateful. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Here is my guess. When you booked for March 2022, if you got a new booking number on the reservation that was generated during the promition then I would say you get double points.

I recently changed ship and date and made sure I kept the reservation number that was generated during the promotion.

• Like 3