Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

41 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

That is 100% Rodrhi, if he knows there are treats he will sit, if it is just because I say so, he leaps around and ignores me.  

31 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

When we come back from our walk, Oliver will sit by the front door until I take the leash off, then as soon as I open the door he runs into the kitchen and sits and waits by the cookie jar where I keep his treats.  He will sit there and patiently wait  for me to get him his treat.  

Smart dogs!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Tax question for Florida members here?

Do you file state income tax forms living in Florida?

Reason I ask is my Wife works from home for a company that is based in Florida. We know we don't file in Virginia, but does she have to file a Florida return................she does have Florida income tax taken out of her check every week?( Should the company she works for be taking out income tax out of her checks?)

Anybody know how that works, Living in Virginia, working for a company in Florida?

Florida has no state income tax…zero!

I don’t know why there’s a deduction from her paycheck. 

8387CB9C-4D57-4DDD-B487-35ADD802CB09.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Reason I ask is my Wife works from home for a company that is based in Florida. We know we don't file in Virginia, but does she have to file a Florida return................she does have Florida income tax taken out of her check every week?( Should the company she works for be taking out income tax out of her checks?)

Anybody know how that works, Living in Virginia, working for a company in Florida?

Florida does not have a state income tax and there are not state forms to fill out.  The income tax she has taken out should be Federal.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Smart dogs!

Yeah, he is constantly surprising me.  His previous owners did a great job training him.  I just wish I knew what they fed him.  I’ve had him since October and I still haven’t found the type of dog food that agrees with him yet.  I figured out to stay away from anything with chicken in it.  He did better with salmon and rice, but still messy. Sensitive stomach food potato and egg didn’t do much better.  Currently on grain free salmon and pea with a table spoon of pumpkin, so far so good.  

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Florida has no state income tax…zero!

I don’t know why there’s a deduction from her paycheck. 

8387CB9C-4D57-4DDD-B487-35ADD802CB09.jpeg

She is going to  check on it tomorrow, there are a few other's like her working from out of state.

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Florida does not have a state income tax and there are not state forms to fill out.  The income tax she has taken out should be Federal.  

I believe she has both state and federal taken out of her check, not sure why though, will have  to follow up with this with her  employer

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Coincidentally,  my dinner for tonight. 

Not sure how people feel about frozen pizza, but I think this is one of the better ones. And 3 pies for $10 seemed like a good deal.

A little heavy on the sodium tho & this coming from a guy that would put salt on a chocolate donut.😄

20220209_214536.jpg

If you have any experience with frozen pizza, I’m looking for recommendations!  I prefer a thin crust pizza.  Our previous oven…old age…couldn’t get it hot enough to cook pizza…now with a new oven I’m ready to enjoy pizza again!!!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Floridians do not pay state income tax or file a state tax return

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Do you have an airfryer, wings are easy.  The biggest challenge is finding wings in your stores now.  Wings come with three sections you cut off the end of the wing at the joint.  Cut the drummy from the two bone section, trim as much fat and skin as you can, and cook them in the airfryer,  then coat them in sauce and finish in the oven.  Super yummy better than takeout.  Easy.  

Here is the first thing it says about air frying wings, how in the heck are you suppose to that? cook 4 wings at a time?

1.Place the wings in the fryer basket so they are not touching 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Probably will just get some naps in between nurse calls getting vitals and pain meds every 3 hours.

That’s what they said. Nurse said I was in the bathroom for 30 minutes just trying to pee. 
Lol 😆 I know everyone wants to hear about my bladder. I’m turning this into cruise review. Oxy sometimes makes me feel like the room is moving like a ship 🛳. 

So true. Pups did great on their own in a new larger crate we got for them. Linda says they miss me. I think it’s more of they miss me handing them treats.

72127A9A-D1EA-4EC1-800D-65D7452BDAB6.thumb.jpeg.e477bd50b416a9a74020a7549afba1c9.jpeg

I am sure your puppies miss you ,wish you a speedy recovery.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

She is going to  check on it tomorrow, there are a few other's like her working from out of state.

I believe she has both state and federal taken out of her check, not sure why though, will have  to follow up with this with her  employer

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they're withholding VIRGINIA state income tax because they know she's living and working in Virginia.  

Check the rate... is the withholding around 5.75% of her gross pay?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

When we come back from our walk, Oliver will sit by the front door until I take the leash off, then as soon as I open the door he runs into the kitchen and sits and waits by the cookie jar where I keep his treats.  He will sit there and patiently wait  for me to get him his treat.  

Oliver has you well-trained!

About ten years ago, I was at a pet store with my (now gone) black Lab, Romeo.  We went through the store, got what we needed, and checked out at the register.  As I started to walk away, Romeo was just sitting there, staring at the cashier.  

Now, Romey was my "velcro dog" -- always at my side -- so I didn't know why he didn't walk away when I did.  Then it hit me. 

I told the cashier, "You didn't give him his treat yet."  She reached into the cookie bowl and handed him a treat, and then he got up and walked away with me, chewing as he walked. Never underestimate the value of a cookie.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

A doe thank you to you as I truly feel I have two doctors taking  care of me. Dr. Ting and you. Your advice will be followed. Oxy really working now. All fuzzy and peaceful. The song “Rocky Mountain High” is in my head.

Thank you for the kind words, but I need to make sure you know I am not a physician. I was trained BY some of the most prestigious Anesthesiologist the profession has to offer. From Cleveland Clinic to Mass General , Emory, Mayo Clinic, Duke way too many to mention here.

Many have started with us and moved on to bigger and better facilities. I just remembered their published articles and after 3 years of being retired cannot put doctor back to fellowship. 

It was a challenging program but I graduated after two years of living eating studying, studying and on occasion sleeping.  I became an advanced practitioner as a CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST. Passed boards first attempt. 

I practiced side by side with physicians  for over 30 years and was able to learn from all they shared. But I knew my limitations and valued their   knowledge but more importantly respected their well deserved role as an Anesthesiologist. 

Your physician is one of the most important key players in your surgical experience. From Preop through surgery and post op course. 

And I know you will follow his instructions to a “T”. Or else! 

You don’t want me  to scold you now. 

I just want to give you insight and some topics you can discuss. But it sounds like every thing is covered. 

Okay enough of me. You will probably need a nap after reading this. ( or drugs). 

Rest up. 
Do your therapy the best you can. 

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife on the BELLA cruise. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We should be getting on a plane in a few hours to Fort Lauderdale. Our Vision cruise was to be Monday but cancelled.

Instead of sipping drinks oceanside I'll be watching snow showers turn to freezing rain.

Cheers!

We really do need a sad button. :classic_sad: We were supposed to be on Rhapsody out of Tampa this month. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Thank you for the kind words, but I need to make sure you know I am not a physician. I was trained BY some of the most prestigious Anesthesiologist the profession has to offer. From Cleveland Clinic to Mass General , Emory, Mayo Clinic, Duke way too many to mention here.

Many have started with us and moved on to bigger and better facilities. I just remembered their published articles and after 3 years of being retired cannot put doctor back to fellowship. 

It was a challenging program but I graduated after two years of living eating studying, studying and on occasion sleeping.  I became an advanced practitioner as a CERTIFIED REGISTERED NURSE ANESTHETIST. Passed boards first attempt. 

I practiced side by side with physicians  for over 30 years and was able to learn from all they shared. But I knew my limitations and valued their   knowledge but more importantly respected their well deserved role as an Anesthesiologist. 

Your physician is one of the most important key players in your surgical experience. From Preop through surgery and post op course. 

And I know you will follow his instructions to a “T”. Or else! 

You don’t want me  to scold you now. 

I just want to give you insight and some topics you can discuss. But it sounds like every thing is covered. 

Okay enough of me. You will probably need a nap after reading this. ( or drugs). 

Rest up. 
Do your therapy the best you can. 

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife on the BELLA cruise. 

yes I know that but your job is as just important as the doctors.

its 1:30am I’m wide awake after snoozing. Pain was getting elevated so they gave 2 OxyContin 5mg each. That is combined with a IV of Tramadol and Tordal. Pain is being managed well. Biggest PITA is that bladder is not waking up very well. I always feel like I got to go nut can’t empty my bladder takes forever.

I know that’s too much information that you need to know, but hey I’m an honest open book plus I’m on drugs🤪

Thank you for your comments. I will follow your orders. I do not want to disappoint you or I’ll get an earful on the Bella cruise.🥴

Ok enough of my boring rambling. Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

2A155706-717B-4098-9242-D1E9B6511E14.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will watch it sometime tomorrow.In the morning I am going for a haircut .My last one was 10 weeks ago .

I'm still cutting DHs hair, started in lockdown,getting pretty good at it now. Having said that I'm off to my expensive hairdresser this evening. Its my one luxury 😉

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Note to self while on OxyContin;

Do not drink from bottle on left! 😜 

700DEB30-04B8-40AB-BC03-5D4811723342.thumb.jpeg.ae0c8cf1ef453d1dff64736e66e2aeb6.jpeg

Glad it went well Greg. Good luck for a fast recovery.

I have a dodgy knee from a ski accident years ago .

I'm thinking of seeing a physiotherapist to get some exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee.

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Glad it went well Greg. Good luck for a fast recovery.

I have a dodgy knee from a ski accident years ago .

I'm thinking of seeing a physiotherapist to get some exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee.

I think that is an excellent idea. I wish you lived near my Brother. He is a doctor that specializes in orthopedic sports injuries. He was one of the first to use ultra sound for diagnosis of injuries to muscles and joints. He gives talk all over the world educating doctors about this method. He is an advocate that most injuries don’t need surgeries. Exploring the physical therapy aspect is a great way to start. Good luck! Let me know what you find out I can run it by my brother and see what he thinks.

Cheers!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Its 4am. I only doze about 2-3 hours at a time before the nurse comes in for vitals and pain meds.

A872B72A-CCEE-4C53-9A4C-73A2623E8C61.thumb.jpeg.a3ac0b627debf6ec16b912dcaae57e0d.jpeg

D45C6BF9-2820-431D-88BA-B2323C1D9826.thumb.jpeg.5f8b64eb33a7ce0663de20e7a316c373.jpeg

knee is doing pretty well. Blue wrap is the cold therapy machine. Needs ice every 4 hours.

Tramadol pills were taken for pain. Going to try and sleep now. Tomorrow will be action packed with two physical therapy sessions.

I hope this is not too boring to people.  I’d rather be talking cruise ships. If anyone wants me to quit hogging the screen let me know. Linda says when I get drunk I get real happy chatty, no different with the pain meds  so forgive me for my finger saga of the Sea Dog knee.

• Like 21