Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you rent your place down there yourself or do you go through a 3rd party to get your rentals?  I assume a third party in less you hire your own cleaners to clean the place between rentals.

What area are you again on on LBI?

We are going to Southport, NC in a few weeks to check out the area and possible looking at a place to by for like you are doing, stay in it some weeks and rent it the rest of the time.

Went to Myrtle Beach last year looking to do the same there but my Wife and I didn't really like the area that much so looking for place a little more laid back.

When we were looking we went from Wilmington down the coast the Pawleys.  Ended up north of Myrtle Beach just south of the NC border.  We are in a nice quiet area but can be to many restaurants and attractions within a short amount of time.  Southport is a great city, been numerous times, just do your research on where the hurricanes hit, that point seems to catch quite a few.  We are tucked in and although less than 2 miles from the beach not in any flood or evacuation zones.    Glad there are lots of places for all interests around here.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Samantha was helping me craft today.  She is 11 lbs. now.  Yes,  she has her own chair.  LOL

1424705208_Samantha6.thumb.jpeg.8e31b4d645fe26e4a77781241b73b74c.jpeg

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Soooo, I can now post here on CC something that I have been holding back for almost a month. I was waiting to get this today before sharing. 

D919EB6A-EB5C-47F2-BE1B-C99A291D313C.thumb.jpeg.71bdafcfa8c00e225707da4f09404baa.jpeg

This was the song on the radio right after our test.

CC940AA6-8E54-43C5-BCF1-38865B2F035D.thumb.jpeg.834c4c7fec5da6852d7b8cc308d1a6c4.jpeg

Boom. Lisa and I are packed. 

CC2664AC-E8BB-4CAF-96C4-A72168CFBBFA.thumb.jpeg.62bf7332eefc994c9b99a8caadb19cc9.jpeg

Dinner tonight at The Keg near the Toronto airport. Flight tomorrow morning.

7DDA9A4D-9017-4DD8-8A81-C0A0697D0414.thumb.jpeg.287ca68c329d1961d74be6466fa25e61.jpeg

42ACBB1D-B033-4612-AA71-F020381EA8E0.thumb.jpeg.f10ac993461eff907aaee8b70ed7fea3.jpeg

Aah hit delete lost my spacing between posts, wanted to add Samantha is gorgeous.

Andrew and Lisa, enjoy your trip, it is great to be able to get away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's going to be a boring summer with no can opener lady!    

John, I appreciate all your help.   I have cleared browser, checked security / permission settings and just cannot find a reason.     I will take it to phone store on Saturday.

Sunday I do my prep for my colonoscopy Monday morning.     I spoke with them this morning and they said as long as we have been testing negative and are fully vaccinated no need to reschedule.    Darn it!😁

One of the advantages of being 75 or older is that doctors tend not to do colonoscopies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks all for the well wishes.  

I will post a few photos every day of food, scenery, etc… Maybe morning, noon and bedtime. Don’t want to spam you all but I miss doing reviews. Looking forward to getting away and trying to leave emails behind if at all possible.

Have a wonderful trip

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, akcruz said:

When we were looking we went from Wilmington down the coast the Pawleys.  Ended up north of Myrtle Beach just south of the NC border.  We are in a nice quiet area but can be to many restaurants and attractions within a short amount of time.  Southport is a great city, been numerous times, just do your research on where the hurricanes hit, that point seems to catch quite a few.  We are tucked in and although less than 2 miles from the beach not in any flood or evacuation zones.    Glad there are lots of places for all interests around here.

My Wife found the place and area we are going to, I told her get to close to the water and you can have a lot of trouble when hurricanes hit and such. I know we are taking some time to go to Wilmington too which I think is about 35 miles from Southport...........Not sure where else we are going, my wife is doing most of the planning this time.

We are only going a few days, Leave on Friday Morning and travel back on Monday Morning.......It's about a 5 hour drive each way so not to bad. Myrtle Beach was further away we went last fall.

When we were in Myrtle Beach we were going to go further south toward  Murrells Inlet and Pawley, but with Covid and Bike Week the week we were down there we didn't stray far from Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach...Still a lot of people around and very busy, can't imagine what it is like around there in the dead of summer.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I have never had a vehicle that had a tank that could hold 30 gallons.

When I bought my first Suburban and went to fill it up…the gas kept pumping and pumping and pumping…gas was pricey then…total was over $100 and rising.  I thought “There must be a leak in the gas tank!”  Did not  know it had a double tank…held over 40 gallons.  I made sure to never let it get below half a tank!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

And I kept looking for a blonde about 3 inches shorter than me!  Too funny. 

We had a great time.  

Every time we get off a cruise....  we are ok, when is the next? We plan to take a couple from Florida over the summer as we are heading to the Outer Banks for a few days and figured we will just keep heading south.....   

We love the Outer Banks and Corolla and the wild horses. :classic_biggrin: We haven't been back since several of our yearly vacation group of friends have passed away. Renting a house on the OBX were the most fabulous sort of relaxing vacations. :classic_smile:

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am sure everyone will have lots of fun!   So nice of you and Charlie to gift them for her graduation😍

Have they cruised before?

How is Charlie feeling?

Charlie is feeling better thanks.  My daughter and granddaughter have been on 8 cruises, they love them.  The Oasis is going to really impress them though!!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie is feeling better thanks.  My daughter and granddaughter have been on 8 cruises, they love them.  The Oasis is going to really impress them though!!

How many cruises were you on when you were a kid ? My first cruise was in my 30’s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Soooo, I can now post here on CC something that I have been holding back for almost a month. I was waiting to get this today before sharing. 

D919EB6A-EB5C-47F2-BE1B-C99A291D313C.thumb.jpeg.71bdafcfa8c00e225707da4f09404baa.jpeg

This was the song on the radio right after our test.

CC940AA6-8E54-43C5-BCF1-38865B2F035D.thumb.jpeg.834c4c7fec5da6852d7b8cc308d1a6c4.jpeg

Boom. Lisa and I are packed. 

CC2664AC-E8BB-4CAF-96C4-A72168CFBBFA.thumb.jpeg.62bf7332eefc994c9b99a8caadb19cc9.jpeg

Dinner tonight at The Keg near the Toronto airport. Flight tomorrow morning.

7DDA9A4D-9017-4DD8-8A81-C0A0697D0414.thumb.jpeg.287ca68c329d1961d74be6466fa25e61.jpeg

42ACBB1D-B033-4612-AA71-F020381EA8E0.thumb.jpeg.f10ac993461eff907aaee8b70ed7fea3.jpeg

So, we went to a Keg way back in 2008 at Niagara Falls in our hotel it was very good.  We went up to visit a couple who we met at the Captain’s table on the Navigator of the Seas.  Captain Rick Sullivan was friends with a fire captain in Toronto (they were in the Merchant Marine school together), and had taken the TA with us.  We met them in 2007 on the TA… hit it off perfectly, they invited us to visit their home the next year.  We had met Captain Rick in Tahiti in 2003 on the Legend of the Seas TP, and we did a dolphin encounter with him and his wife in Moorea.  So, when he showed up at the Meet and Mingle, I said, I know you don’t remember but we met at that excursion.  He shook my hand and assured me we remembered.  When I got back to the cabin my wife was excitedly telling me we had been invited to the Captains table for dinner tonight.  

Memories…. So where exactly are you going?

jc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife found the place and area we are going to, I told her get to close to the water and you can have a lot of trouble when hurricanes hit and such. I know we are taking some time to go to Wilmington too which I think is about 35 miles from Southport...........Not sure where else we are going, my wife is doing most of the planning this time.

We are only going a few days, Leave on Friday Morning and travel back on Monday Morning.......It's about a 5 hour drive each way so not to bad. Myrtle Beach was further away we went last fall.

When we were in Myrtle Beach we were going to go further south toward  Murrells Inlet and Pawley, but with Covid and Bike Week the week we were down there we didn't stray far from Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach...Still a lot of people around and very busy, can't imagine what it is like around there in the dead of summer.

Not advocating for Myrtle but depending on which bike week you were at it could have been one of the worst times to go.  We leave and go north during the big one that is usually around memorial day.  We have been here almost 6 years and have seen it go from a somewhat sleepy area in the off season to a year round destination.  Covid definitely had something to do with that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My first was when I was 43!  Although we had been on enough land vacations before that.  When I was a kid my dad drove us all over.  

My parents never had a car. We went on Shortline bus trips many times.I did not drive till I was 29. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Not advocating for Myrtle but depending on which bike week you were at it could have been one of the worst times to go.  We leave and go north during the big one that is usually around memorial day.  We have been here almost 6 years and have seen it go from a somewhat sleepy area in the off season to a year round destination.  Covid definitely had something to do with that. 

We were there for a week  that started on September 25th.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When we showed the pic to Caden he said, wow Gpa!  Then I explained to him what Photoshop was and he said, you got me Gpa.  😂 

He will probably  learn the program while in third grade. Kids and computers, they pick up everything like a sponge.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here.    All I have done today is walk from my office to the kitchen to the curb for the mail.    Lazy rainy day here.

When we lived in NY I used to drive up to my neighbor's house for coffee and chat quite often.  Did I mention she lived 4 houses away on my block?  Well, her house was on a hill and walking up had me huffing and puffing.  This was approx. 30 years ago. 🤣

How is Eric feeling?  Hopefully, by now, much or all better.

The best news about my Jen's friend Jen is that she was discharged from the hospital, with her new heart working beautifully.  We are all so thankful.

@A&L_OntAndrew and Lisa, have a fabulous vacation.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

He will probably  learn the program while in third grade. Kids and computers, they pick up everything like a sponge.

You got me thinking . 🤔 Caden loves writing. If I taught him Photoshop he could turn pics into neat illustrations for his books.  He loves learning new things.  

• Like 4