Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

59 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has just informed me that he is off to obedience training with Max, our rescue this weekend.  Last year, he had private lessons with a lady who did amazing things with Max but DH could not reciprocate what she did at home.  Be interesting to see what the outcome of this weekend will be.  Max is a 4 year old border collie/German shepherd mix and very strong on the lead.  DH just wants Max to walk calmly on the lead from the outset.

6402FC90-90DB-444F-9369-C5E9732358FF.png

Our border collie who is very good at obeying orders and absolutely understands everything still pulls on a lead. Probably 80% of our walks are off lead in woods but she wants to be out in front if on a lead 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Been an anxious wait for me over Easter as I had a skin cancer removed last week .  I have been having them regularly removed since I was 23 but this is the first time I have heard the M word as a possibility.  I had a biopsy done that was for a likely BCC.  The BCC was on the edge of some suspicious pigment.  When BCC confirmed, GP sent me to surgeon.  Surgeon said that pigment looks like a melanoma to me.  We’ll take it all out. Which was done last week. Melanoma confirmed this morning but very early stage.  No depth or tentacles.  Going back for more surgery to widen the margins.  Feeling thankful that it was found early. 

Add me to the list offering best wishes.  Definitely great that they caught it early!

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

They had Gran Marnier… I have never hit golf balls under that influence before….  

When I first read your sentence above, I thought you said that you have "never hit golf balls under the influence before".  I was ready to call BS.  Then I re-read to see that you had written "that influence before".  Makes more sense.  Can't say that golf and Gran Marnier have ever mixed for me either. 😁

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Glad you caught it so early. I've heard that Australians take sun care very seriously 

I take it very seriously now in Florida also...especially with Scottish blood running through my veins.  Strong sun and pale skin are not a good combo.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Our border collie who is very good at obeying orders and absolutely understands everything still pulls on a lead. Probably 80% of our walks are off lead in woods but she wants to be out in front if on a lead 

My dog never liked being restrained on a lead. She constantly tugged at it. She was also more aggressive toward other dogs that she saw while on it but if she was off lead she was very friendly to any dog or person we encountered.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Been an anxious wait for me over Easter as I had a skin cancer removed last week .  I have been having them regularly removed since I was 23 but this is the first time I have heard the M word as a possibility.  I had a biopsy done that was for a likely BCC.  The BCC was on the edge of some suspicious pigment.  When BCC confirmed, GP sent me to surgeon.  Surgeon said that pigment looks like a melanoma to me.  We’ll take it all out. Which was done last week. Melanoma confirmed this morning but very early stage.  No depth or tentacles.  Going back for more surgery to widen the margins.  Feeling thankful that it was found early. 

The M word is very scary to people including me. However, there is far more awareness of it now than there was years ago. It tends to be found earlier and at much more treatable, and curable, stages than it was when I first started practicing medicine. So, though it is right to be concerned and take care of it, you don't need to be scared of it. Your doctors will get you through the process.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My dog never liked being restrained on a lead. She constantly tugged at it. She was also more aggressive toward other dogs that she saw while on it but if she was off lead she was very friendly to any dog or person we encountered.

Our last dog, my avatar, was like that.  Definite leash aggression.  Merlin on the other hand loves all dogs on or off the leash.  If he sees another dog he lies down and waits for it to catch up to us...can make for some long walks

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The M word is very scary to people including me. However, there is far more awareness of it now than there was years ago. It tends to be found earlier and at much more treatable, and curable, stages than it was when I first started practicing medicine. So, though it is right to be concerned and take care of it, you don't need to be scared of it. Your doctors will get you through the process.

OB, thank you for the many encouraging comments with regard to many of our health questions and the anxieties we feel.  You have put many of us at ease with regard to your wisdom on these matters.

(My sister is doing well and in good spirits after her lumpectomy)

• Like 12

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sorry to hear of the stressful weekend awaiting lab results but glad it has been detected early and surgery should be able to completely remove.  Being able to sit in your garden and viewing the gorgeous birds hopefully brings you some peace.  Take care🤩  you are in our thoughts and prayers🙏

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie’s aunt was able to go home today.  She is still on oxygen but happy to get back to her kids.

Kenzie, Caden and Aubrey spent last night and will spend tonight with us.  Here is a pic of Kenzie enjoying the back porch with us.

60690DF8-5226-442F-9D74-F5DB6D3DF6A8.thumb.jpeg.6b8e41ad61577f16aa810d4d98a3f2f0.jpeg

That is Fabulous news!

And this sweet little Kenzie with that smile...love love love🥰

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Lovely pics and video Graham, I almost wish I had stuck to Southampton cruises this year.

For Italy in June we have to test no more than one day before departure. Debating whether to delay our flight to late afternoon to take the test in the UK or do it at Rome Airport on arrival 🤔 

Agree with you, the new "protocols" asking for just one day testing is creating a real mess...

I'd do it on arrival, seems pretty easy [and cheaper than in Rome 🤪].

https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en/test-areas-at-the-airport

I planned to do it also at the airport, but, now, arriving Saturday late afternoon, no choice but to perform it on Sunday in the city...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie’s aunt was able to go home today.  She is still on oxygen but happy to get back to her kids.

Excellent news, John. Thanks for updating, I was continuously thinking about her.

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie, Caden and Aubrey spent last night and will spend tonight with us.  Here is a pic of Kenzie enjoying the back porch with us.

Kenzie's smile is contagious 😁

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I never would have known about this if you didn't mention it. Apparently CC lifts posts from various threads for their articles. They didn't ask me for an opinion on the topic.

Must be copy right rules for that, probably be sending you checks every month now. 😉

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Woke to this.  It was a good thing that Owen’s game was cancelled last night at 10pm. 

3F345401-5195-4984-B195-FA3567714AA8.thumb.jpeg.36a5af9dd98d92b18e578cfb6339ed47.jpeg

Nice kind of snow, wet and doesn't stick to concrete or the roads...............no tractor seat time though. 😞

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We were doing so well on I-75.  Now we crawl😳

How far north in Florida did you get before the slow down?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has just informed me that he is off to obedience training with Max, our rescue this weekend.  Last year, he had private lessons with a lady who did amazing things with Max but DH could not reciprocate what she did at home.  Be interesting to see what the outcome of this weekend will be.  Max is a 4 year old border collie/German shepherd mix and very strong on the lead.  DH just wants Max to walk calmly on the lead from the outset.

6402FC90-90DB-444F-9369-C5E9732358FF.png

We are anticipating having our son’s dog until Christmas- he’s military and is deploying. The cats have met him; they weren’t particularly impressed! He’s a German Shepherd, and turns one in June. He’s reasonably well trained, but we’re going to do classes with him as well.

I love your photos- we are having a very snowy Spring, so photos of colour are nice!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree with you, the new "protocols" asking for just one day testing is creating a real mess...

I'd do it on arrival, seems pretty easy [and cheaper than in Rome 🤪].

https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-roma-en/test-areas-at-the-airport

I planned to do it also at the airport, but, now, arriving Saturday late afternoon, no choice but to perform it on Sunday in the city...

The rationale is that hopefully we would know our status before we left the UK. We would need to move our hotel from Civitavecchia to a Rome airport Hotel though as would arrive around midnight. 

I emailed our hotel in Civitavecchia and they said most pharmacies are closed Sunday and I would need to test first thing on cruise day .

Thanks for the link 😀 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sgmn said:

The rationale is that hopefully we would know our status before we left the UK.

OK, let's see if I understood your plan - [Sunday] test before leaving UK, boarding a later flight, staying at FCO airport for the night, traveling to port Monday morning?

And on to another conundrum - do we have to test before disembarking in BCN? The "day before" is a sea day...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie!  We face-timed two of our daughters yesterday and I commented that Judy had on a turtleneck cable sweater.   She said it's freezing here in NJ!!  It's been in the 90's and humid here for the past week, with more to come.  Too hot for me, actually! (not that I'm complaining too much)

We can't wait to see the kids.  I didn't recognize our grandson Ryan at first...he'd been wearing his hair quite long, and has gotten his hair cut.  He's gotten tall, also!   They always seem to grow so much while we're gone for the Winter.  Before I know it, most of our grandchildren will be taller than me! 

I can vouch for the freezing in NJ! 😬But suppossed to get better by Friday.

Can you bring us some warmth please?😉

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Dani, @dani negreanu just checking in to make sure you are doing ok.  I just saw on the news about new rockets attacks on Israel.  I hope you are safe and continue to stay well.  

Thank you, I appreciate your post.

Yes, "we" had almost 7 months of quiet, which came yesterday night to an abrupt end... Sadly, there are extremists on both sides, and they "dirige the music".

Hopefully, our leaders will defuse the situation, before it will be too late.

• Like 20