Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, George C said:

Only thing I ever plant is basil. I am a happy boy , just won a couple of hundred in my monthly poker game 😁.

My gardening is limited to basil & mint in pots on the deck and I’ve been successful with them.  We tried a large raised bed garden with tomatoes, cucumbers & zucchini during spring/summer of 2020 but it was a major fail. I think we got one tomato.  I envy those who have great gardens, like Sunshine & Ozark, but I guess it just doesn’t interest me enough to figure out where we went wrong.  

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Husky1987 said:
Yesterday was tough, but cathartic.  We buried my Mom yesterday, on what would have been her 91st birthday. Working through the grieving process since she passed, I’ve tried my best to consciously turn my sadness into gratefulness. So lucky to have a mom who filled my life with such unconditional love that could have caused a loss this deep.
Growing up, my mom wanted to be two things: a nurse and a mom. I can say with all confidence she was the best at both.
She worked for over a decade at Swedish Hospital in Seattle as the private surgical scrub nurse for Dr. Bill Hutchinson, one of the best surgeons in the world and the founder of the Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center. She may have had THE prime nursing job in Seattle, and was damn good at it.
And she gave it all up, a week before I was born, in the prime of her career at 33, to be a mom. She loved being a mom, always involved in everything my brother and I were doing, from PTA to baseball to soccer to skiing.  We spent a good part of most summers on our boat in the San Juan Islands and on Hood Canal. She told me many times that the happiest time of her life was carrying me, knowing she was going to be a mom.
She and my dad started cruising in the mid-80's, and by the time my dad's health caused them to stop in 2009 after about 25 years of cruising they had been on 35+ cruises, almost all with Royal.  Grateful that they passed their love of cruising on to me 🙂 
Appreciate the fact that I can "journal" my thoughts here...

My deepest condolences on the passing of your mom.  Sounds like she was a great lady.

• Like 2

Beautiful beach day yesterday.  78F with a nice breeze.  The wind picked up a bit so we moved to the pool later in the afternoon where I enjoyed a couple of Painkillers.  Almost felt like being on a cruise ship.

My job for today is to assemble a couple of these raised planting boxes when they arrive.  Micheline wants to spend more time with her hands in the dirt.  It's something that she misses from Cincinnati.

image.png.1a5079798cc77af232da7c32eb04dc8c.png

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Beautiful beach day yesterday.  78F with a nice breeze.  The wind picked up a bit so we moved to the pool later in the afternoon where I enjoyed a couple of Painkillers.  Almost felt like being on a cruise ship.

My job for today is to assemble a couple of these raised planting boxes when they arrive.  Micheline wants to spend more time with her hands in the dirt.  It's something that she misses from Cincinnati.

This type of planting box is nice to avoid getting on your knees to plant, weed, etc.    Have fun😃

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

First batch of Dad’s 85 homegrown bananas. I took a bunch home today.  No doubt he will also be sharing with all his neighbours.  Last week, one neighbour had wet firewood.  Dad’s firewood is dry, so he gave them a bundle of his.  In return, they delivered him a plate of Pork Belly BBQd. My Chef brother saw the leftovers on a plate in dad’s fridge and was drooling.  Another neighbour gave him 2 Eggplants from their garden this week which he has been frying up for lunch. Third neighbour gave him snow pea sprouts which are currently going gangbusters in his garden bed. His paw paw plant which he grew from a seed is looking really healthy with several fruit growing on it and his coffee bean tree is looking amazing. 

058F780B-169F-4F72-B725-F07B18D27016.jpeg

Wow!  I'm impressed by all his bananas.   How many banana trees does he have?  

Coffee bean tree intrigues me.   I thought they grew on bushes.    What type of coffee bean is it?

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Love the planter box.  My wife chose to go the horse trough route....here is our garden last year

Garden 2021.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

@Lionesss, Sue, thinking about Carrie, Rick and you. Hoping against hope for a miracle.

@LucasLikesToCruise, wishing you strength. Must be so tough doing it alone.

@aussielozzie18, you can never have too much bananas ....😉 your dad's neighborhood seems like close knit communities in the past. How lovely for him.

@A&L_Ont, Andrew, when I've seen your first pictures of the "veggies", I thought to myself: "I'd get out of this dinner VERY very hungry, for sure"....  Glad it got a lot better in the end. Carnivore speaking.

@BonTexasNY & @Ozark_Kid, Bonnie & John, positive thoughts for Hila and your niece.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My gardening is limited to basil & mint in pots on the deck and I’ve been successful with them.  We tried a large raised bed garden with tomatoes, cucumbers & zucchini during spring/summer of 2020 but it was a major fail. I think we got one tomato.  I envy those who have great gardens, like Sunshine & Ozark, but I guess it just doesn’t interest me enough to figure out where we went wrong.  

A couple years ago I almost ended my gardening but Caden, my grandson, convinced me to go one more year.  I used to garden all in 7 gallon grow bags.  Maybe get one or two grow bags and a couple tomatoes and grow them on the deck.  Give it one more shot.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Today we had a late Easter dinner at my MIL’s.  Rabbit veggie bowl. 

2A26AA9B-B0FB-4FD8-9723-BFE80B4E8CD2.thumb.jpeg.855b5648674660246ff4b755403bf8c1.jpeg

60F1E8EB-49D3-4EAA-943A-8056D86E90AA.thumb.jpeg.91566c4cd7b0575caf35c2217b60193e.jpeg

Prime Rib for dinner. 6lbs of delicious beef. 

4A4AF261-9749-4EE2-BD5A-DA52C3A03C2D.thumb.jpeg.77c254801af18306998f138071151c2e.jpeg

90D78E58-369A-499E-B9CB-7824E5D5EB8F.thumb.jpeg.3030d8b929a82d86489c552d8df76d84.jpeg

My plate. 

88520799-D6FD-4F50-A7E9-7F4DA7DCE9C8.thumb.jpeg.a5df6c38a9df1f452bd8710a84dfaf5a.jpeg

Chocolate tarts for dessert. I only had one.  

703EA324-7B01-4372-8D09-99BABDFF4C2E.thumb.jpeg.c5e7908ccf053eebb4e00cc663f231c6.jpeg

I love multiple celebrations of a holiday. 
especially when they involve good food!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Good evening Arzeena, thanks for asking.  As you, and many others on here, know, I don’t post a lot about the day to day stuff since I don’t want to sound like I am complaining or frustrated all the time. But since you asked. 

Needless to say that my days are kept busy trying to figure all of this out and deal with everything on my own.  I do appreciate your concern and really enjoy this thread to help keep me sane at times. 🙂

Thank you for this update. I (try to) keep everyone who has posted something here, in my thoughts and prayers. I can imagine how hard it is for you to do everything on your own. I admire all you do for her. Not everyone has that compassionate a heart! Very commendable.

I am happy that we are a source of your enjoyment and that we keep you (somewhat 🤣😁) sane here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Love the planter box.  My wife chose to go the horse trough route....here is our garden last year

Garden 2021.jpg

Wow, that looks nice!  That was an option I looked at when the cost of wood got so high last year.  They look like something my girls would enjoy to use for flowers too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you for this update. I (try to) keep everyone who has posted something here, in my thoughts and prayers. I can imagine how hard it is for you to do everything on your own. I admire all you do for her. Not everyone has that compassionate a heart! Very commendable.

I am happy that we are a source of your enjoyment and that we keep you (somewhat 🤣😁) sane here!

Thank you for such kind words.  I hope you have a great day.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am pretty certain, Rodrhi, the Welsh terrier is not an angel.  If he is, then it is one of Satans.

I looked at Rodrhi’s picture and saw our beloved Gritty McDuff. I assumed he’d be the perfect dog like Gritty was. 
Hopefully, as he gets older, he will be. 
Meanwhile, he’s just adorable to look at. 
(for me)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

Garden 2021.jpg

Nice looking garden.  I have 3 of round metal tubs for my cat nip so kitties walk up and help themselves. Which they do everyday when it's growing.

And have mint in one and basil in the other.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Thank you for such kind words.  I hope you have a great day.  

Prayers for you🙏

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My deepest condolences on the passing of your mom.  Sounds like she was a great lady.

mine also

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That movie traumatized me as a kid. That and Bambi. I never cried that hard as a kid.

I rented Bambi for my 4 year old. I had never seen it, and I thought it would be a nice movie for a mom and son to see together. 

That moment…. dumb horror…and my son says, “Well, I guess his mom is venison now”. 

He grew up, joined the military, and hunts. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice looking garden.  I have 3 of round metal tubs for my cat nip so kitties walk up and help themselves. Which they do everyday when it's growing.

And have mint in one and basil in the other.

Yes!  Our cat loves our catnip/catmint plant as well.

The chickens love the garden...we finally got the planters when it became too much to fence the garden off.  Now we plant a few things that the love on the outer edges so they can peck at a few things.  They LOVE kale.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot physically post pictures but I have sent pictures of me and my granddog and grandpuppy to Bella’s male human.

I cannot understand why someone does not disclose their first name especially on this thread.

I understand your question, and I am going to say that different people have different comfort levels regarding privacy and how much or how little info they are comfortable sharing on the web. Yes, this thread is like "family" but it is still on the web. For example, I generally do not feel comfortable sharing work related stuff, or some issues or personal problems, so, it could be that many people don't like sharing names etc.

😁😉Now, on a funy note if OB would like to share his name and address/email😱, I will send him a gift certificate for a nice Pedicure and Foot massage....I see he will enjoy it!

OB no hard feelings, just making a joke since you always post your feet pictures!!!😉😁.... Apologies if you are offended🙏.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I rented Bambi for my 4 year old. I had never seen it, and I thought it would be a nice movie for a mom and son to see together. 

That moment…. dumb horror…and my son says, “Well, I guess his mom is venison now”. 

He grew up, joined the military, and hunts. 

Saddest to me is Dumbo. It just brings tears., especially when Momma sings Baby Mine, don't you cry.😢

• Like 4