Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This prompts me to ask something I’ve been wondering.  When all of you search for cruises, what’s the criteria?  Are you searching for specific dates? Itineraries? Prices?  Ships?  Just curious. 

For me it can be different each time but first it’s time periods to work around family events.  We then will list several cruises and narrow down.  The ship size is important, there are a couple places we try to avoid,  reasonable prices.  Last January we just wanted to cruise and figured the likelihood of port cancellations were high so we were not to concerned with the itinerary.  We would be cruising from Hawaii this week if it wasn’t canceled.  Our upcoming Alaska cruise was more itinerary.  Sharon wants to visit Sitka.  I think because of the movie,  The Proposal.  When restrictions loosen we will be wanting to explore different parts of the world. That was are dream a couple years ago.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Dates.

Cruise length.

Itinerary.

Ship.

Balcony cabin location.

Price.

Graham

I consider these things too when we book a cruise, but I have never looked at the last criterion,  Graham.😁LOL!

We are looking forward to seeing you and Pauline on some future cruise. It would be lovely to see you both in person. Till then, please keep the pictures coming!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I understand your question, and I am going to say that different people have different comfort levels regarding privacy and how much or how little info they are comfortable sharing on the web. Yes, this thread is like "family" but it is still on the web.

Agree. Moreover, it is my personal experience that those in medical professions ( @Ocean Boy) are reticent....

"Dani" isn't my name on the passport, but it is for friends and family (and on our wedding invitation 😉).

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I rented Bambi for my 4 year old. I had never seen it, and I thought it would be a nice movie for a mom and son to see together. 

That moment…. dumb horror…and my son says, “Well, I guess his mom is venison now”. 

He grew up, joined the military, and hunts. 

That is funny.  It’s been awhile since I have seen it but you can’t forget that moment.

We have a SIL that hunts often.  When he brings home a deer and my 6yr old granddaughter sees it, she gets so excited and starts talking about how good it’s going to taste!  😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I consider these things too when we book a cruise, but I have never looked at the last criterion,  Graham.😁LOL!

We are looking forward to seeing you and Pauline on some future cruise. It would be lovely to see you both in person. Till then, please keep the pictures coming!

Thank you Arzeena.

It would be lovely to meet you too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Agree. Moreover, it is my personal experience that those in medical professions ( @Ocean Boy) are reticent....

"Dani" isn't my name on the passport, but it is for friends and family (and on our wedding invitation 😉).

Grapau is the first 3 letters of mine and Pauline's name 🤗

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I looked at Rodrhi’s picture and saw our beloved Gritty McDuff. I assumed he’d be the perfect dog like Gritty was. 
Hopefully, as he gets older, he will be. 
Meanwhile, he’s just adorable to look at. 
(for me)

He is a beautiful dog on the outside.  He just doesn’t care if he is told no, or down, or …….  Then there is the crying if he doesn’t get his way.  We did two nice walks on a greenways trail this weekend.  That means he has to wear the Gentle leader collar, so I have complete control.  He hates it.  So, for 10 minutes driving to the trail he whimpers in the back seat of the Gladiator.  He is fearless, and he really needs to fear…. ME!!!  

JC

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Arzeena.

It would be lovely to meet you too.

I have been wanting to do a TA from England so I can visit where my Grandfather grew up in Chester.  I have added to my wish list eating pizza with you and Pauline!  And if we meet up early, breakfast.  It would prepare us for eating a lot of cruise food on the way home. 😂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

I rented Bambi for my 4 year old. I had never seen it, and I thought it would be a nice movie for a mom and son to see together. 

That moment…. dumb horror…and my son says, “Well, I guess his mom is venison now”. 

He grew up, joined the military, and hunts. 

I will never forget seeing a dead deer tied up on top of someone's car.  This was on the Palisades Interstate Parkway in NY.  Deer season was open and hunters were having a field day.  I was horrified seeing that poor deer strapped up on that car, eyes open.  All I could do was think of Bambi and her poor mother.

I know why there is a deer season but it still doesn't make it easy seeing the end result up close.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been wanting to do a TA from England so I can visit where my Grandfather grew up in Chester.  I have added to my wish list eating pizza with you and Pauline!  And if we meet up early, breakfast.  It would prepare us for eating a lot of cruise food on the way home. 😂 

Chester is a nice town near Liverpool about 170 miles from us.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2022 at 2:35 AM, Bailey & Sophie said:

Such good news. May she continue to get stronger each day.

Thank you, Nancy🥰

On 4/24/2022 at 4:03 AM, grapau27 said:

Pleased to hear Ava is home.

Sending you all our best wishes.

Graham 

Thank you so much, Graham❤️

On 4/24/2022 at 11:10 AM, Sea Dog said:

Fantastic news. I'm happy that she is improving.

Thank you, Greg!🥰

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

@Husky1987,

I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you considering us close enough to journal your thoughts here. Hugs to you and family.

Sincere condolences from me as well.

• Like 2

Just popping in to post, have  many pages to catch up on.

It was a long weekend and Carrie is going down hill rapidly.

She can only walk one or two steps without falling down.

We got her to drink some water yesterday and she did use her litter box once to P, we lifted her in and out.

I made videos of her, patiently waiting for her to look like her old self to send to her mom our DD, and she understands how sick she became rapidly  I want her to remember the cute Kittie she raised not remembering this time as she is sick..  She can still see how she looks so sick, with the sadness in her cat eyes.  The earliest Christina can travel home is Sunday, but then it will be too late.  At least she does not have to go through this and remember happy times.

But what was truly amazing is this morning  we found her in her cat "hut" that she used to sleep in as a kitten (we have her sleeping in the downstairs family room) (no stairs that she can fall down on) , that opens to storage and the hut was on the ground in a corner of the utility side) , it comforted her then and I think she feels safe there.

So now that I am home all day, she is in the kitchen with me, hut and all.

Were were able to take turns holding and cuddling her all weekend, so hard to leave her alone.

She has turned into a skinny girl, and it hurts to now feel her bones, more and more.

Today, she just cries and does not want held.

So, reluctantly it was hard, but the DH called the vet to make an appointment to.............................

They are booked solid with surgeries and cannot help her till Wednesday, but if we would like to drop her off and come back they would do it during down time.

But, that is not an option.

I will not let her be alone, It is hard but, we will be by her side through this.

She sleeps about 3 hours gets up, takes a step or two and goes back to sleep for hours.

Every so often she cries, I cry.

But when she sleeps, she looks like the cute Carrie we all know to love.

In Closing

I hope all are well and will catch up when I can.

Take care

Be safe.

Crying in OHIO

• Like 28

24 minutes ago, singinalot said:

definitely happening fast! My head is spinning!

I do plan to write a trip report...I'm not sure if I'll just put it on my blog this time since it's two different countries?

here's our tentative agenda for France....we're leaving it open for flexibility and not counting anything as set in stone besides the 3 day trips

France.PNG

When I see your schedule the last things I think of is tentative,  flexibility and nothing set in stone.  😂 Great planning!  Please post when you will start the review.  I am sure many here will want to follow along.

Last evening Sharon and I were discussing our upcoming visit to Sitka.  We realized we need to write out what we want to do while we are there for the limited time.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We got her to drink some water yesterday and she did use her litter box once to P, we lifted her in and out.

I made videos of her, patiently waiting for her to look like her old self to send to her mom our DD, and she understands how sick she became rapidly  I want her to remember the cute Kittie she raised not remembering this time as she is sick..  She can still see how she looks so sick, with the sadness in her cat eyes.  The earliest Christina can travel home is Sunday, but then it will be too late.  At least she does not have to go through this and remember happy times.

But what was truly amazing is this morning  we found her in her cat "hut" that she used to sleep in as a kitten (we have her sleeping in the downstairs family room) (no stairs that she can fall down on) , that opens to storage and the hut was on the ground in a corner of the utility side) , it comforted her then and I think she feels safe there.

Were were able to take turns holding and cuddling her all weekend, so hard to leave her alone.

She has turned into a skinny girl, and it hurts to now feel her bones, more and more.

So, reluctantly it was hard, but the DH called the vet to make an appointment to.............................

They are booked solid with surgeries and cannot help her till Wednesday, but if we would like to drop her off and come back they would do it during down time.

I will not let her be alone, It is hard but, we will be by her side through this.

She sleeps about 3 hours gets up, takes a step or two and goes back to sleep for hours.

In Closing

Take care

Be safe.

Crying in OHIO

Crying in PA.  😪   Sorry that she did not have a miracle rebound.    It is so difficult to watch them decline and hope she is not in any kind of pain.    All you can do for her is comfort and love her, as you are.     

Many years ago I struggled with the decision to put my cat Jasmine to sleep.     As soon as I got into my car and put Jasmine on my lap he looked up at me with his sweet little eyes, gave me one last sweet happy meow with a paw stretched out to me then passed away on my lap.    I continued onto the Vet and then asked to have him cremated.    Not even sure how I drove as I am now in full tears.     I had him that joyful little boy for just about 16 years.    He was my Maine Coone baby    I had him on weekly dialysis for 6 to 8 months before he passed.   He loved to flaunt his big fluffy tail so we had the end snipped off and keep it with his ashes in a nice vase/urn that sits in our spare bedroom at the corner window.     

Whichever way Carrie passes will not be easy for anyone.   You, Rick and sweet little Carrie will remain in our prayers.    

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Beautiful beach day yesterday.  78F with a nice breeze.  The wind picked up a bit so we moved to the pool later in the afternoon where I enjoyed a couple of Painkillers.  Almost felt like being on a cruise ship.

My job for today is to assemble a couple of these raised planting boxes when they arrive.  Micheline wants to spend more time with her hands in the dirt.  It's something that she misses from Cincinnati.

image.png.1a5079798cc77af232da7c32eb04dc8c.png

Your beach reminds me of our Laudermilk Beach in Naples. 

Where did your order the raised planting box from?  That would be right up my alley!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, singinalot said:

definitely happening fast! My head is spinning!

I do plan to write a trip report...I'm not sure if I'll just put it on my blog this time since it's two different countries?

here's our tentative agenda for France....we're leaving it open for flexibility and not counting anything as set in stone besides the 3 day trips

France.PNG

Great planning! You look like you are going with all the hits! I’m excited for you.

30 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

In Closing

Take care

Be safe.

Crying in OHIO

My heart breaks for you . Crying in Missouri for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

We have to stop talking about sad movies!!  I’d forgotten how sad Dumbo was.  I was watching it, unawares, one day and tears started rolling down my face.  Our Lab, Jake, who was not in the room with me came immediately in and put his head in my lap…

Let's not forget the many Shirley Temple movies...😢

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

But what was truly amazing is this morning  we found her in her cat "hut" that she used to sleep in as a kitten 

I am so sorry, Sue😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I understand your question, and I am going to say that different people have different comfort levels regarding privacy and how much or how little info they are comfortable sharing on the web. Yes, this thread is like "family" but it is still on the web. For example, I generally do not feel comfortable sharing work related stuff, or some issues or personal problems, so, it could be that many people don't like sharing names etc.

😁😉Now, on a funy note if OB would like to share his name and address/email😱, I will send him a gift certificate for a nice Pedicure and Foot massage....I see he will enjoy it!

OB no hard feelings, just making a joke since you always post your feet pictures!!!😉😁.... Apologies if you are offended🙏.

People from New England are pretty private . OB should just give himself a pseudonym like Anthony . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2