Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Woke to this.  At least the robin isn't nesting on the front porch pillars yet. Maybe that's for later today. This should be the last snow of the season for us. 🤞

621CE172-9925-454C-9B19-A08BAE1A68FF.thumb.jpeg.e45409d37a33aea0c2ae4002ec1633f3.jpeg

I sure hope so!!!!!!

• Like 2

Woke to this.  At least the robin isn't nesting on the front porch pillars yet. Maybe that's for later today. This should be the last snow of the season for us. 🤞

621CE172-9925-454C-9B19-A08BAE1A68FF.thumb.jpeg.e45409d37a33aea0c2ae4002ec1633f3.jpeg

I sure hope this is the last snow of the season.

Cold front is heading down our way but nowhere near as cold as you.     

Hopefully we don't get frost on my newly planted garden. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our vets are still observing covid protocols. So we call when in the car park and the vet comes to the car to get her

Not perfect but .....

I was happy that we were allowed in vets office for cats annual visit last Saturday. Major struggle getting one of them in pet taxi.

• Like 4

Yikes that looks like the same amount you had the other day. Looks like springtime is struggling to get to you.

24 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are doing the "Deadliest Catch" crab boat in Ketchikan,

That sounds interesting. I love "Deadliest Catch."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

That sounds interesting. I love "Deadliest Catch."

My husband does, too. I stalked the excursion on Royal's website until enough spots opened up to book it, then I gave it to him for Christmas. He was surprised since it had been sold out. The excursion boat is the Aleutian Ballad, which was in a couple of episodes on Season 2. Of course, Brian immediately had to go watch those episodes on Discovery+. 

• Like 6

Just now, TravelGirlinDallas said:

My husband does, too. I stalked the excursion on Royal's website until enough spots opened up to book it, then I gave it to him for Christmas. He was surprised since it had been sold out. The excursion boat is the Aleutian Ballad, which was in a couple of episodes on Season 2. Of course, Brian immediately had to go watch those episodes on Discovery+. 

Would of been cool to get on the "Time Bandit" or the "Northwester." I imagine those boats are out at sea most of the time. Please post your experience of it when you go. Thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're on Quantum in September...both our first Q class cruise and our first Alaska cruise.  We're still trying to figure out what to do in Victoria since we're there from 4:00pm to 10:00pm.  Many things are closed at that time, including the castle.  Maybe just a nice dinner somewhere.

Butchart Garden is there, but it's about an hour drive from where the ship ports but not sure what time they close..........Shouldn't be dark though since the daylight is much longer there. It's very Beautiful and lots of places for great photo shots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Are you taking a taxi to the downtown area?  I'm not a fan of Crown Bay since there's not much there, other than easy access to the ferry over to Water Island/Honeymoon Beach.

I don't like Crown Bay either. No taxi, I walk...  and I need the exercise.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We're booked on Ovation in July. I've been on an Alaskan cruise before, but this will be the first for my family. We are doing the "Deadliest Catch" crab boat in Ketchikan, the White Pass train in Skagway, a float plane glacier tour in Juneau, and a whale watching tour in Victoria. 

I'm looking forward to the Ovation cruises starting up soon and seeing the reviews and pics!

We are on Quantum in a few weeks and many people on our sailing had their White Pass excursions cancelled yesterday.  We are doing the shorter ride that does not cross into Canada, so it wasn't cancelled.  White Pass isn't going across the border this year and most of those excursions are being cancelled but a couple of them are being shortened.  Those who were cancelled tried to get on the shorter excursion but it is sold out.  You might want to check yours out before you get locked out of other excursions.  There was one bus tour that crosses the border that also got cancelled.

https://wpyr.com/updates/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning.

A new day.

Something interesting.

Yesterday I got a phone call from out TA about picking up all our receipts and travel documents for our upcoming Allure sailing.

So I told her I would be in next week.

I then asked if she paid off our next cruise this August (rumor has it the pay off returned to  90 days out).  Because I left a message on her phone a few days ago, that the date is coming up.

She goes I tried and I cannot not.

I respond,  You know, just like you did for our May cruise.

She goes "RCI" changed a few things for TA's.

????????????????

I go why?

She goes, when I tried RCI told me that TA's can no longer request and process some of the documents until the guest update all their passwords.

I go what passwords???

The one on our APP's that we use when we sail?

or what

I never knew you needed a "Password"

So I called my DH, and told him what she said.

He replies  "What passwords"?

So getting nowhere fast, we are both going in Saturday at 9am. to check this out.

Just wondering what the heck is going on.

I mean we do our own checkin stuff and print our luggage tags, but did not do that yet (for May that is).

I guess Saturday we will know the meaning of the "secret" passwords.

Be safe

I haven’t sailed since RCG changed some of its policies with travel agents. Mine used to print out all travel documents including luggage tags and even included the plastic covers.   Now, I would have to sign some docs electronically and print at home .  I read on cc for the TA to print documents for their client they would need the password to their RCG membership on-line account .  She has my credit card number on file so that should not be a problem .  Fewer tasks for the agents equal a smaller commission, I suppose.   

30 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Butchart Garden is there, but it's about an hour drive from where the ship ports but not sure what time they close..........Shouldn't be dark though since the daylight is much longer there. It's very Beautiful and lots of places for great photo shots.

We were supposed to be cruising up the Pacific coast on May 3rd and Victoria is one of the ports.  Lots of chatter on the roll call on how to get to Butchart Gardens which included public transportation bus , shuttle which leaves near the Empress Hotel , Grayline which could be the shuttle , and shared taxi.  The ladies are very excited to be taking part in the tea .  I took the easiest route and booked the ship’s excursion which had included the castle.   

Instead of getting ready to cruise my husband is having surgery next week.  Thanks Greg for your helpful advice.

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Us, too. I keep checking and we haven't been cancelled yet. 

I don't understand why all these excursions weren't cancelled weeks ago when White Pass made their announcement.  To leave it to less than three weeks before the cruise is nuts.  If ours gets cancelled too, I will let you know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We were supposed to be cruising up the Pacific coast on May 3rd and Victoria is one of the ports.  Lots of chatter on the roll call on how to get to Butchart Gardens which included public transportation bus , shuttle which leaves near the Empress Hotel , Grayline which could be the shuttle , and shared taxi.  The ladies are very excited to be taking part in the tea .  I took the easiest route and booked the ship’s excursion which included the castle.   

We did the same Cruise Line ship  tour bus went to both the Garden and the Castle. Garden was first for us then the Castle, Heard they can sometimes do it in reverse to cut down on the amount of people at the Castle at one time. Castle isn't that large like it sounds.

Hope your Husbands surgery is not serious and gets well soon.

Have you rebooked  the canceled cruise?

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I don't understand why all these excursions weren't cancelled weeks ago when White Pass made their announcement.  To leave it to less than three weeks before the cruise is nuts.  If ours gets cancelled too, I will let you know.

They might have known before you even made final payment and Royal didn't want to take the chance on you canceling so they cancel the excursion 2- 3 weeks before cruise date.......

11 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We were supposed to be cruising up the Pacific coast on May 3rd and Victoria is one of the ports.  Lots of chatter on the roll call on how to get to Butchart Gardens which included public transportation bus , shuttle which leaves near the Empress Hotel , Grayline which could be the shuttle , and shared taxi.  The ladies are very excited to be taking part in the tea .  I took the easiest route and booked the ship’s excursion which had included the castle.   

Instead of getting ready to cruise my husband is having surgery next week.  Thanks Greg for your helpful advice.

CVS Tours leaves from in front of the Empress Hotel and is also used by Royal for some of their excursions and leaves from the ship.  The ship excursion will only drop you back at the ship when we looked into for our Pacific Coastal.  We used CVS Tours from in front of Empress and then got dropped back downtown after Butchart so we could do some shopping.  They run tons of buses and it was crazy at Butchart when we were headed back to downtown because people were getting on the wrong bus numbers.  It was much cheaper doing it the way we did but a little crazy.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

They might have known before you even made final payment and Royal didn't want to take the chance on you canceling so they cancel the excursion 2- 3 weeks before cruise date.......

I doubt anyone would cancel there cruise because of one excursion.  

Well I can't go due to puppies getting spayed and neutered next week but if anyone wants a cheap transatlantic, I priced Allure next week for two in balcony cabin for $1645. Ridiculously cheap. Wish we could swing it.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Agree if the ship offers that tour, I would take it.  

JC

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I can't go due to puppies getting spayed and neutered next week but if anyone wants a cheap transatlantic, I priced Allure next week for two in balcony cabin for $1645. Ridiculously cheap. Wish we could swing it.

That is expensive compared to Anthem's TA next week.  I just priced an balcony for two and it is $894 total including all taxes and fees. 😱  It would be even cheaper if I went with an obstructed view balcony.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, NHProud said:

The public bus is easy.  We went to Victoria on a Ferry from Port Angelas Washington back in 2003.  Walked around town, caught the local bus to the gardens, returned on the local bus and took the ferry back to Washington.  

I would just like the ships tour because of your limited time in the port.

jc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're on Quantum in September...both our first Q class cruise and our first Alaska cruise.  We're still trying to figure out what to do in Victoria since we're there from 4:00pm to 10:00pm.  Many things are closed at that time, including the castle.  Maybe just a nice dinner somewhere.

We love Victoria and have been there many times.However,the last time we were there was 1993 and there is a possibility that places we toured are no longer around.It is a beautiful city.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

The Garden is magnificent .We have been there several times.Glad to hear that it is still around.