Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Back early, when the pandemic started, we contracted for some work to be done on our house.  It was the perfect time, because everyone was hungry for work, and there were no supply shortages for construction materials.  Plus, this was before the government began giving money away. 

Anyhow, we had a large bow window (about 12’x6’) replaced with a custom Pella one. The company asked if I would write a review, so I did, and added some photos. 

Now I occasionally get notifications from Google about how many people have viewed those photos.  Today I got one that says over 10,000 people have viewed.  

Has anyone had this type of feedback for any reviews you may have done?

Not sure now, how I like 10,000 people looking in my window. 😱 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today is absolutely beautiful - perfect weather.     Sunny, currently 73f (high of 80 expected) with a nice breeze.      I was able to plant the flowers I picked up the other day and will have to go back out on another mission for more flowers - have 3 more planters to fill.     Looks like I need to pick up 2 more cucumbers and a couple herbs (oregano, thyme and parsley) that do not look they are coming back this year.   

Basil, Dill, Catnip, Mint leaves all looking great! 

One of my Butterfly Bushes is really leaning on it's side so Eric stake and support it.    Not sure how that happened maybe snow during the winter weighed it down and it never bounced back up.    

So happy that all my flowers in the ground / beds are perennials so much easier when I just have to plant flower pots.    

All the mulch bags are down so time to pick up more mulch and get the extra propane tank for grill refilled.       Eric is marinating a london broil for dinner.   

Maybe it is good that we are slow at work since I have all this other stuff to do😁

It is a beautiful day here, too. So nice looking at it through a window.😑

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We got a call early this morning from our daughter in Brooklyn.  Her husband suffered a cardiac event and she and my husband are now at the hospital.  I am with the kids, doesn’t look good.

Oh no, Marietta!  This is awful news.  I am sorry to hear this.  Prayers for your SIL that all turns out okay.🙏

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Unfortunately, he passed away.  The family is devastated. 

OMG.  I am so very sorry.  Your poor daughter.   My sincere condolences for your daughter and your entire family.  You all are in my prayers, Marietta.💔🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We got a call early this morning from our daughter in Brooklyn.  Her husband suffered a cardiac event and she and my husband are now at the hospital.  I am with the kids, doesn’t look good.

So sorry to hear about your son in law.Praying that he gets better.

Was 92 degrees when I got in the pool , water temperature was 85 which I consider perfect , had replastered pool and added railings which makes it much easier for my 70 something knees to get in and out of the pool.

image.thumb.jpeg.462ce7fbc84ff513a41e7a4e0e535f49.jpeg

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Was 92 degrees when I got in the pool , water temperature was 85 which I consider perfect , had replastered pool and added railings which makes it much easier for my 70 something knees to get in and out of the pool.

Very nice.  Makes me really wish we had a pool.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There are 3 outdoor pools in the condo development I live in.My feet have never touched the water.The last time I was in a pool was in 1986.

We have talked about how much we would use a pool.  It does get cold here so there would be a few months when it would not get used.  Then there is the fact that I am just not home much.  To put one in here we would have to take out a few of my beloved trees so maybe we will get a hot tub instead and go to the beach to swim.  I do love being in warm water.  

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We have talked about how much we would use a pool.  It does get cold here so there would be a few months when it would not get used.  Then there is the fact that I am just not home much.  To put one in here we would have to take out a few of my beloved trees so maybe we will get a hot tub instead and go to the beach to swim.  I do love being in warm water.  

I have never been a water person.The last time I was in sea water was in Bermuda in 1973 .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Unfortunately, he passed away.  The family is devastated. 

So sorry to hear this.  My deepest condolences to you and your daughter's family. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Looks very inviting.    I'm on my way what shall I bring other my bathing suit and beach blanket?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Keksie said:

There are a couple of things that Eric dearly misses since he received his transplant.    Eating raw oysters is one of them and getting into a hot tub.   He used always enjoy hot tubs on cruises but right after his transplant his Doc said Nope - do not get ever get into a public hot tub (maybe one you can control and clean at your own house but not a shared one on a cruise ship).      Every so often he mentions that he wants to get a hot tub.      I keep holding back as I somehow know I will end being the one to have clean it, etc.  

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been a water person.The last time I was in sea water was in Bermuda in 1973 .

We are the opposite on this.   I am like a fish and never want to get out of the water.   I have always loved swimming in a pool or ocean, riding the waves, snorkeling, surf fishing, etc etc

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We told real estate agent when we bought our last two houses not to show us a house unless it had a pool , putting in a new pol can be expensive.

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks very inviting.    I'm on my way what shall I bring other my bathing suit and beach blanket?

show up on 4th of July we normally have a big pool party for my wife’s birthday and having bathing suit is only requirement 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

We are the opposite on this.   I am like a fish and never want to get out of the water.   I have always loved swimming in a pool or ocean, riding the waves, snorkeling, surf fishing, etc etc

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

The funny thing is that when I was 2 and also 4 my parents rented houses in beach communities for the summer and  I was always in water.In my teens I was at the beach every day in the summer.My daughter who lives near me has a summer beach pass and goes nearly every day 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There are a couple of things that Eric dearly misses since he received his transplant.    Eating raw oysters is one of them and getting into a hot tub.   He used always enjoy hot tubs on cruises but right after his transplant his Doc said Nope - do not get ever get into a public hot tub (maybe one you can control and clean at your own house but not a shared one on a cruise ship).      Every so often he mentions that he wants to get a hot tub.      I keep holding back as I somehow know I will end being the one to have clean it, etc.  

Buy a Hot Tub and use this to keep it clean, no chemicals needed at all.

Super clean, crystal clear !!

This is what we use for our hot tub......the salt and low voltage charge in the water make chlorine gases. Plus thing is no chlorine smell or faded swim suits or the water messing with your hair color.

Easy Peasy !!

https://www.spadepot.com/Saltron-Mini-Spa-Salt-Water-System-Chlorine-Generator-P2457?zmam=55673001&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=CX1004&gclid=CjwKCAjwj42UBhAAEiwACIhADu1PPDGMJf4Ig56AZkAdQe3tYgqF4O8vMiEc7dc6dESw9mnB70dHtRoCEV0QAvD_BwE

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never eaten oysters or been in a hot tub.

• Like 2