Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

54 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you Arzeena.  The funeral is Saturday, it is going to be a tough day for sure.  These kids are breaking my heart.  The little one wants to call her dad in Heaven😢

That is so hard.  Your family will be in my thoughts this next week.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

You would look great!!!

😆 and this from someone that has met me and did not seemed to have had too many drinks at the time!  🤣  I didn't see it but Sharon said there is a tail on the backside. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you Arzeena.  The funeral is Saturday, it is going to be a tough day for sure.  These kids are breaking my heart.  The little one wants to call her dad in Heaven😢

Oh, that's just heartbreaking. 😪 Sweet kiddos. I'm so sorry for such a tragic, terrible loss in your family. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It breaks my heart just reading about it. Please be strong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thinking from yesterday at you all. It is so tough on them, especially at this age.

So very sad.

We were promised a "rose garden" when we were younger, but this "rose garden" is not always delivered....

I know my wife can relate to this terrible tragedy, she discovered her dad dead in there living room when she was 13. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😆 and this from someone that has met me and did not seemed to have had too many drinks at the time!  🤣  I didn't see it but Sharon said there is a tail on the backside. 

Even better😇

• Haha 3

We will be thinking of you all on Saturday Marietta.

Sending all your family our love, hug's and sincerest condolences.

Graham xx and Pauline xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 8:16 AM, DaniDanielle said:

Unfortunately, he passed away.  The family is devastated. 

I so sorry for your family’s loss. 

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here, I'm big baby when it's too cold.  Too cold for me to go all in is probably 68, depending on outside temp.

At 68 degrees I’d be an ice cube. That’s way to cold for me.

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

There is just so many different things offered at the ports.  So hard to decide what to get.  I hope all is well with y'all.   I will have to catch up later.

image.thumb.png.339b5602154aa5289ffce4a3c4e21abc.png

That’s what they wear in the pools up north. 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Royal has one every June, going up to the Arctic circle --

It includes Geiranger, which is, IMHO, the most beautiful fjord. Usually, this unique itinerary attracts a lot of "connoisseurs" and is selling out very quickly.

12 Days Scandinavia & Fjords

Royal Caribbean Int. • Jewel of the Seas
Amsterdam, Geiranger, Arctic Circle, Honningsvag, Alesund, Flaam, Olden, Molde, Amsterdam
1 departure dates: Jun 17 2023

I looked at that one. Unfortunately it’s not easy for Mike to get his vacation in the summer. 🙁

• Like 6

This is so heartbreaking.    I was thinking of your family while I was planting flowers and feel so bad for your Daughter and her children.    I said a prayer for them and will continue to prayer for your family.   🙏  I am sending you love and hugs for you to stay strong.💕

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Such a tough age to suddenly lose your dad.  They must be so bewildered.  Sending love and strength to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t watch much tv these days.  I tend to read instead. Takes me ages to get through a series. I am yet to watch the first series of Reacher but I plan to watch it over winter because I just saw Lee Child’s post that season 2 will be based on his book, Bad Luck and Trouble, one of my faves of his.22B7893C-5A99-4BEF-8510-6DF840FD9452.thumb.jpeg.9334cfdd7ea2c11e22fb51c84209e52a.jpeg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I compared my abs to the mannequin I started looking elsewhere.   Could you imagine me in that?...... wait don't.   😆 

I think you should have bought it. If you walked around on the pool deck wearing that I guarantee it will make a lot of people's trip complete. You'd be the the talk of the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I don’t watch much tv these days.  I tend to read instead. Takes me ages to get through a series. I am yet to watch the first series of Reacher but I plan to watch it over winter because I just saw Lee Child’s post that season 2 will be based on his book, Bad Luck and Trouble, one of my faves of his.22B7893C-5A99-4BEF-8510-6DF840FD9452.thumb.jpeg.9334cfdd7ea2c11e22fb51c84209e52a.jpeg

Thanks, I am reading a Reacher book now , will definitely pick this up.

On 5/15/2022 at 4:48 AM, sgmn said:

Hello everyone,  we've been away on a cruise this last week with very limited Internet so I've missed out on what's been happening for the last 40 odd pages  I hope everyone is well.

Our cruise was on Silhouette Norwegian Fjords . A last minute booking and scared myself silly reading some of the horror stories on the Celebrity page,  but we figured that we can't go too wrong on a UK cruise, just for a week, no flying and driving to the port.

The cruise was pretty full and probably only 5% wore masks.  In fact we were told on entering the terminal at Southampton 'you don't need to wear your masks' !!  

It did feel a little different as we probably didn't mix as much as a pre covid cruise, but we did go to the shows but sat in a quite area in the upper floor of the theater. 

The ports were lovely,  though weather was cool.  We did lots of walking and really enjoyed the scenery. No masks necessary or requested in Norway in the shops or on the one tour bus we went on. 

All in all a lovely cruise, but I think I prefer Royal Caribbean.  Now to look forward to The Beyond next month 

Sail away in Southampton 

IMG-20220507-WA0006.thumb.jpg.f3a2946c8da326e2930971e094044889.jpg

Appletini and bubbles in the Sky Lounge 

20220508_115320.thumb.jpg.58f5626279912a08b1cb74d95c182951.jpg

Sail into Bergan 

20220509_121130.thumb.jpg.955123765b30625ddb4d5f2ae044b38a.jpg

Climbed 420 steps to the top of a hill overlooking Alesund Harbour 

IMG-20220510-WA0008.thumb.jpg.c9447fb3751d5c6ac59362ae74777587.jpg

Some pics of Olden 

IMG-20220510-WA0010.thumb.jpg.d87fd22611665cef02c5cff6d8f26ce7.jpg20220511_121533.thumb.jpg.36e06cda82d4df6be9d000a1f3fc75a3.jpg20220511_132042.thumb.jpg.68218d1966b2021a14ce4fd0aa68f2c8.jpg20220511_133913.thumb.jpg.b7bbca7657dbeb65fd408dd211586f69.jpg

Stavanger port 

IMG-20220512-WA0000.thumb.jpg.4656f83c7e594cde839e5a9faa29bb26.jpg

In our favourite bar enjoying a Cosmopolitan 

IMG-20220512-WA0006.thumb.jpeg.60e4c66cd9d9224b69321c6190f48dd5.jpeg

I was just wondering if Dick and I should try Celebrity. I’m presuming it’s more like Princess than Royal Caribbean?

On 5/15/2022 at 7:36 AM, bobmacliberty said:

We have several friends who have hundreds of shark teeth, often kept in a glass bowl on a shelf.  They may walk on the beach and find 20 or more.  We've yet to find one.  You might have read that dredging of the channel between Amelia Island and Cumberland Island is one of the reasons that there are so many shark teeth at Fort Clinch.  They dredge because there is a US submarine base (Kings Bay) that is accessed through this channel.  If you're very lucky, you can see a sub moving through the channel.  It doesn't happen often and it's not public knowledge when it will happen, so it really is luck if you see one.  Rarer than sharks teeth.

I’be  seen the subs a few times but in all my years in North Florida I’ve never found a single shark’s tooth!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I don’t even have the words to express the sadness I feel reading this.

I think I can safely say, for everyone here, that we wish we could wrap you in our arms.   

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think I can safely say, for everyone here, that we wish we could wrap you in our arms.   

I think you said it as well as it can be said. I wanted to ask her if the family was doing ok but that would be so ridiculous. How could anyone be doing ok?

• Like 14

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

@DaniDanielleSending all of our love from all of us on Dani's thread

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Once again I thank you all.  The support my daughter is getting from the school she works in is unbelievable.  Food has been coming in all day from her fellow teachers and the students and their families.  I have relayed all your messages to her.  We just need to survive the next few days.

❤️

• Like 18

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Marietta, sorry for you and family sad times.  You are in my prayers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1