Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is sunny and 54° in the Bay Area of California this morning, our home for the next couple weeks.  It was so foggy when we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge last night, you could hardly see 100 feet, but was very clear when we reached the north end. 

Plan to walk to Farmer’s market this morning to find something fresh.

Have a great couple of weeks out West.  I look forward to you sharing your summer adventures with the grandkids. 

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It's really getting closer, and with yesterday's baking, today - visit to our single boy (details below) and the birthday celebration tomorrow, we'll get to the less than 2 weeks margin 😉

So, our single son is renting an 1 bedroom flat in a very old building in Tel-Aviv (circa 1950). DH helped painting, repairing and updating the characterless space as much as possible.

Lately, the "kid" asked for a reading lamp, handmade of course by dad. This morning we travelled to Tel-Aviv and were very lucky to find a parking spot quite near the flat (being such an old neighborhood, all the buildings have no in site parking).

Here's the reading lamp, freshly installed --

A corner picture

and a piece of furniture made from their old childhood one....

Dani your husband is SO talented & creative!  Also, Happy Birthday to your grandson 🎂.

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today is our grandson Jack's 15 Birthday!  Jack is turning into a fine young man, who makes us very proud.  Last week he was invited to the Board of Education meeting where he was awarded the "Unsung Hero" award.  He selflessly videos most of the school's athletic games, as well as concerts at the High School and middle school.  He has been making school related videos since 6th grade, and last year he built his own computer.  He's a great kid, to boot!😉  Okay, bragging is over.

Happy Birthday to Jack 🎂.  You have every reason to brag!

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The doctor said the steroid is slightly better after I mentioned the simvisc but agreed it was an option.

My heart medication after my heart attack 2 and a half years ago prevent me from taking non steroidal anti inflammatory tablets like Ibuprofen or Diclofenic.

Graham I’m glad to hear you don’t need surgery. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Now that you mention it....... [I'm dying to taste it -- the top is "sable" dough, have to wait until tomorrow ☹️]

image.thumb.jpeg.74a27708c5176b6eacbf21d6810f3c5c.jpeg

Wow!     That looks sooo delicious!    I would have a really tough time waiting to enjoy😁

• Like 4

I forgot to share, this was the big news in our area Tuesday afternoon.  We didn’t see him but these were shared in a neighborhood group text. 

C251E1FC-90BB-40C9-9693-09CA1C71EEDD.thumb.png.e96b171c4905a97ca6beecbf5fe85819.png392C8AB1-5351-410C-8B2B-D9C8FA01FFBE.thumb.jpeg.68815885f49c4d58ca86b274b44abe79.jpeg

Andy took the cover off the pool this morning. Yuck.  It’s looking better this afternoon but still a long way to go. F1CC5A59-F40D-4958-A132-F56BF629ADF7.thumb.jpeg.24a7a8bc6276c0dc984002410bfc0525.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Now that you mention it....... [I'm dying to taste it -- the top is "sable" dough, have to wait until tomorrow ☹️]

image.thumb.jpeg.74a27708c5176b6eacbf21d6810f3c5c.jpeg

That looks amazing and I bet will taste great!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like a bad day for cruise ships. 

Harmony in Falmouth Jamaica

Carnival Freedom Fire in Grand Turk

And we all know the saying things happen in 3's.     Here is number 3 of the day:

https://www.wtkr.com/news/coast-guard-looks-into-carnival-cruise-ship-passengers-feeling-sick-from-fumes

• Like 4

On 5/25/2022 at 9:52 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

This is a nice description of the thread and it’s how we should greet new posters “Welcome to the neighborhood”!  
If only we could meet in the mornings for coffee or an evening cocktail.  But I’ll gladly take our virtual meetings. 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:06 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I vote for cocktails over coffee....unless the coffee is going into an espresso martini.😇

I also vote for cocktails over coffee. I am a night owl, definitely not a morning person. It takes me 3 cups in the morning to get going. First cup to get the heart beating, second to get the brain going & number 3 is to get the body in motion. 

By that time,  it is almost lunch. 😆

EDIT TO ADD:  the posts I was replying to were from 10 pages ago. Perhaps I need to drink more coffee to keep up. Lol. 

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 10

We went to the Farmer’s Market this morning.  Quite a few booths set up. 

1DC26CFD-50FA-45CA-867A-B89A0FE34656.thumb.jpeg.08d204ef51011731518c4589c79d0a49.jpeg

It wasn’t too busy when we went. 

B6DE0933-2D67-4BE0-AA3A-34ADEEEECFB3.thumb.jpeg.6985cc0ab806c73216090b9f4b2209c6.jpeg

Maybe because their prices are pretty high, just like their gas out here in California.  What $20 gets you

6EFC1033-BB10-4759-9A24-8AF477DE5658.thumb.jpeg.a3e43f223199dded031c292ae5e78b9b.jpeg

Maybe I need to go in to farming.  Also bought cherries at $7 per pound and nice looking strawberries at $5 a pint. 

Hillside vegetation control was going on 

B78BBE8C-CEB8-4C5F-A8CB-60B5CD64CF16.thumb.jpeg.8161524389c7e289b261c8c28e172ce0.jpeg

Yes, that is done with goats that they move around. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's got to be more than a little oops on Harmony.  It hit that thing hard.  I'll be interested in seeing how much damage was incurred.  

I was hoping a view of the mooring and catwalk was going to be shown.

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Andy took the cover off the pool this morning. Yuck.  It’s looking better this afternoon but still a long way to go. F1CC5A59-F40D-4958-A132-F56BF629ADF7.thumb.jpeg.24a7a8bc6276c0dc984002410bfc0525.jpeg

Everything looks amazing, other than the pool

colour. That will change quickly though. Are you getting patio furniture this summer, or did you get it last fall?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

1DC26CFD-50FA-45CA-867A-B89A0FE34656.thumb.jpeg.08d204ef51011731518c4589c79d0a49.jpeg

B6DE0933-2D67-4BE0-AA3A-34ADEEEECFB3.thumb.jpeg.6985cc0ab806c73216090b9f4b2209c6.jpeg

Maybe because their prices are pretty high, just like their gas out here in California.  What $20 gets you

6EFC1033-BB10-4759-9A24-8AF477DE5658.thumb.jpeg.a3e43f223199dded031c292ae5e78b9b.jpeg

Maybe I need to go in to farming.  Also bought cherries at $7 per pound and nice looking strawberries at $5 a pint. 

B78BBE8C-CEB8-4C5F-A8CB-60B5CD64CF16.thumb.jpeg.8161524389c7e289b261c8c28e172ce0.jpeg

OMG, that's it for $20...that's crazy. 

Happy we have a peach and a cherry tree.  Wish we still had our strawberry plants but we do have several blueberry bushes.   

Maybe I should get some goats to mow my lawn😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Your grandson may have a future in YouTube!  10 years ago, I would have thought that was crazy. My daughter back then said she could make a nice living publishing videos on beauty tips and I thought she was nuts.  Today though, there are many, many YouTubers who earn 6 figures plus annually and some that are now multi-millionaires.   

One of my son-in-laws and my grandkids have been making tik tok videos for about a year.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Everything looks amazing, other than the pool

colour. That will change quickly though. Are you getting patio furniture this summer, or did you get it last fall?

The patio furniture we ordered last summer was delivered in December.  We just need to get it set up now that the cover is off.  We ordered a cantilever umbrella that will be mounted in the ground and a matching free standing umbrella for the lounge chairs. They’re “supposed” to be in sometime next month 🤞.  
That rib-eye looks fantastic!  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We heard on radio while driving home from LBI that Ray Liotta passed away in his sleep while filming a movie in Dominica Republic.     Only 67 yrs old.      I have enjoyed him in many movies and TV shows.    May he RIP

I have a long time friend who married a guy 30 years ago named Ray Liotta.Not the same guy but every time she went to a doctors office or to a store or met somebody for the first time they always thought she was married to the actor.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lenny, that sounds like great news. 

Thank you.This afternoon I had a lesson at the doctors office.Tonight we watched a video .Tomorrow if it is not raining I am going to take it outside and attempt to get to the clubhouse which is approximately 1/2 mile.

The last time I was able to get there was in 2017.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Crazy prices!

A small family owned market near me had free range, organic boneless skinless chicken breast on special today for 4.99 lb.  They’re usually 8.99 lb, sometimes on sale for 7.99 lb.  I bought 12 lbs, wrapped each one individually and froze them.  Just couldn’t pass up that price.  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Today is our grandson Jack's 15 Birthday!  Jack is turning into a fine young man, who makes us very proud.  Last week he was invited to the Board of Education meeting where he was awarded the "Unsung Hero" award.  He selflessly videos most of the school's athletic games, as well as concerts at the High School and middle school.  He has been making school related videos since 6th grade, and last year he built his own computer.  He's a great kid, to boot!😉  Okay, bragging is over.

Happy birthday to Jack and Maryann, please, please continue to brag!

@Sunshine3601Debbie, I used to pick blueberries and blackberries at Day Camp on Staten Island.  Bushes were plentiful and I brought home enough for mom to make a pie and jam. I ate more than I brought home.  Counselor always cautioned us to wash them first but we never listened!  So costly in the stores now. 

@dani negreanuYour husband is an amazing creative artist.  The corner picture is  unique as is the lamp.  So very talented.  And OH that cheesecake!

@A&L_OntAndrew, your ribeye photos never disappoint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you.This afternoon I had a lesson at the doctors office.Tonight we watched a video .Tomorrow if it is not raining I am going to take it outside and attempt to get to the clubhouse which is approximately 1/2 mile.

The last time I was able to get there was in 2017.

Awesome.  So glad you have the chair and will be able to get to places you haven't been in years.

Does it fold up to fit in Toby's vehicle?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Crazy prices!

A small family owned market near me had free range, organic boneless skinless chicken breast on special today for 4.99 lb.  They’re usually 8.99 lb, sometimes on sale for 7.99 lb.  I bought 12 lbs, wrapped each one individually and froze them.  Just couldn’t pass up that price.  

Definitely cannot pass up a deal these days.🤩

London broils are on sale this weekend for $1.99 lb.  and I plan on buying several and freeze them too.   

Do you have a food saver?  I use mine all the time.  I definitely see a difference when freezing meats.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Awesome.  So glad you have the chair and will be able to get to places you haven't been in years.

Does it fold up to fit in Toby's vehicle?

It weighs 20 pounds .The doctor showed us how to fold it and put it in the back seat of the car.Toby could barely get it out of the car.We watched a tutorial video tonight and it appeared easy to get in and out of cars.She will try again tomorrow.If there is a problem I am sure that our son-in-law who lives nearby can help .He and our daughter go shopping for us on weekends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1