Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Busy day here today.  Laundry, some weeding by the pool, pool cleaning, and Owen had ball practice. We also got a couple more summer cars out and cooked T-Bone steaks for dinner. They were around 15oz. No late nights for us today. 

Someone was watching all day long. 

0178CD01-E408-4D3D-8E0D-3858F144BFAC.thumb.jpeg.193bdefa39fe5e2c328327d00ebdd855.jpeg

Doing nothing is exhausting.  This was seconds before she put her head down. 

8AB05B83-8630-4F52-A1AF-F5B4610F3C07.thumb.jpeg.4dc2b41e33882447d0ebbafab4a882ac.jpeg

Hey!  Cat napping is serious work!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Another one bites the dust….

2F5510A0-6ED1-498E-8907-EB2A3BF95D64.thumb.jpeg.9c7637bec7cce08fcd070df249a67135.jpeg

I am still showing positive and DH has now joined me. 🙁. Mine is fading though. 

Sorry you’ve got another positive. 🤞 symptoms stay mild. 

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow you will become close personal friends with Mickey and Minnie😃

The 10.30 cruise sounds perfect.  Maybe turn into a b2b and become Diamond😘

Or maybe a jr suite 😉?  I’d love to get to Diamond before Bella’s cruise!

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Another day, another negative, but I still feel crappy. 

77F40E63-1732-4475-92A7-E9DF39BA9172.thumb.jpeg.69d3cb987afef5ecf1ae0fd8c20990d5.jpeg

Grandson just took a test, and he was negative.  They have everyone take a test before they get together for play dates.  I guess it was good that we picked up 10 tests at the festival yesterday.  They were giving them away. 

Hope we are all healthy for our flight back in 13 days. 

I hope you all continue to test negative. Although those gas prices are enough to make anyone sick!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you get a lot of people parking on your street for day trips to the beach?   

Parking on our street at the shore house is always an issue.   We can sit on our upper deck and watch people change clothes in their cars😁

We have 3 beaches in our area .Parking is very difficult for people going to the beaches.Those who are physically able tend to park on residential streets as far as 5 blocks away from the beach.Even doing that can take hours to find a parking spot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our grandson Ryan turned 13 years old today.  Ryan is our mathematician, and a very bright young fellow.  He just got a letter from school stating that he made the STEM program for the 8th grade next year.  STEM=Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.  Stem students take their College SAT's in the 8th grade.  Ava had also been in the STEM program 4 years ago.  Right now, Ryan has been talking about going to the Air Force Academy after High School.  So, our very sociable Ryan is having a get-together with his friends today for his Birthday.   Boy, was I surprised to see several girls at his party today! 😁  

Happy Birthday to Ryan.  No surprise the 13 yr old would have girls at his party!  Seems like you have another one to be very proud of. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We spent the day working in the yard & around the pool. The waters blue now but still a bit cloudy.  Hoping for improvement by tomorrow’s cookout.  Got all my hanging planters and pots done as well as my basil and mint pots - mojitos are in my future!  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our grandson Ryan turned 13 years old today.  Ryan is our mathematician, and a very bright young fellow.  He just got a letter from school stating that he made the STEM program for the 8th grade next year.  STEM=Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.  Stem students take their College SAT's in the 8th grade.  Ava had also been in the STEM program 4 years ago.  Right now, Ryan has been talking about going to the Air Force Academy after High School.  So, our very sociable Ryan is having a get-together with his friends today for his Birthday.   Boy, was I surprised to see several girls at his party today! 😁  

Congratulations on Ryan’s upcoming achievements.Happy birthday wishes to Ryan.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Thanks 1

maxresdefault.thumb.jpeg.152623c74c43131d83a02e06acd7ebba.jpeg

BINGE WATCH ALERT. Hey if you have Amazon Prime Video, you need to check out a great new series. "Night Sky" is a sci-fi drama that stars amazing acting by JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek.

I really don't want to describe the plot too much so to not spoil but it has some very interesting characters, mysterious plots and a reveal at the end of season one that is incredible.

Check it out I think you will like it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

BINGE WATCH ALERT. Hey if you have Amazon Prime Video, you need to check out a great new series. "Night Sky" is a sci-fi drama that stars amazing acting by JK Simmons and Sissy Spacek.

I really don't want to describe the plot too much so to not spoil but it has some very interesting characters, mysterious plots and a reveal at the end of season one that is incredible.

I downloaded that series and watched several of the episodes on the flight out to California.  

I did like what I watched so far. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We spent the day working in the yard & around the pool. The waters blue now but still a bit cloudy.  Hoping for improvement by tomorrow’s cookout.  Got all my hanging planters and pots done as well as my basil and mint pots - mojitos are in my future!  

I'm having a mojito with my hand picked mint leaves right now.   Yummm

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I will check this out.JK Simmons in my opinion is a very underrated actor.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have 3 beaches in our area .Parking is very difficult for people going to the beaches.Those who are physically able tend to park on residential streets as far as 5 blocks away from the beach.Even doing that can take hours to find a parking spot.

Lenny, what beaches are in your area?

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Greg, adding this to my list. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How was your trip to the Fingerlake region?     Did you have nice weather?

The trip was great. We were up there for almost 6 days & had a little bit of everything. Hot & humid,  wet,cold& windy and a few perfect sunny "10" days.  Nice enough to get out on the pontoon boat and do some hiking.on

It was my BIL - my wife's brother - 60th bday.  He has a house right on the lake that is perfect for entertaining large groups of people. It has 2 firepits, one in front and one in back!!  So many people were staying over that a few of us stayed at a rented farmhouse about a 5 minute drive away. Since I have  stayed at his house a dozen times over the past few years, I figured I'd let others experience it. I had posted a picture with the view from the farmhouse last week.

Did I mention it's also in the heart of wine country?  While we did take the convertible,  the trunck was so packed with cases of wine, we could not lower the top. Lol. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@HBE4 another game 7 coming up for your Rangers.

Good luck to them.  

Thank you. It definitely will be an anxiety inducing game but I'm enjoying the ride & watching most every minute of it.  

I'd like to say that win or lose,  I'm happy with how the year turned out. But I'm getting greedy. 😃.  I have friends in Tampa that are wanting me to book a trip down there. I say, let's wait to see how Monday night game goes. Lol. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Added to my watch list. 

Got 4 more episodes of Ozark to go. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you get a lot of people parking on your street for day trips to the beach?   

Parking on our street at the shore house is always an issue.   We can sit on our upper deck and watch people change clothes in their cars😁

No parking allowed on the street.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The trip was great. We were up there for almost 6 days & had a little bit of everything. Hot & humid,  wet,cold& windy and a few perfect sunny "10" days.  Nice enough to get out on the pontoon boat and do some hiking.on

It was my BIL - my wife's brother - 60th bday.  He has a house right on the lake that is perfect for entertaining large groups of people. It has 2 firepits, one in front and one in back!!  So many people were staying over that a few of us stayed at a rented farmhouse about a 5 minute drive away. Since I have  stayed at his house a dozen times over the past few years, I figured I'd let others experience it. I had posted a picture with the view from the farmhouse last week.

Did I mention it's also in the heart of wine country?  While we did take the convertible,  the trunck was so packed with cases of wine, we could not lower the top. Lol. 

Excellent!   Sounds like a great time.

There are some sacrifices we must make when owning a convertible.   I know you made the right decision, cases of wine is an acceptable sacrifice😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will check this out.JK Simmons in my opinion is a very underrated actor.

Yes he and sissy will be nominated. Their performances are really incredible with emotion.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy birthday to Ryan and I hope he achieves his academic goals.  My husband used to travel to Princeton to participate in the writing of questions for the SAT’s .  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We walked over to a fire prevention festival, which was pretty small.  They did have a few booths, and explanations on how they use goats for vegetation control, along with some goats for kids to see. 

D868B3AA-1FE0-4A3D-8854-AB16193483CC.thumb.jpeg.d555c47b2c98cdea913373789afb43c6.jpeg

Oh! You went to the Ember Stomp Fire Prevention Festival. I just saw photos of the goats on the news.  :classic_biggrin: It did look small, but Marin County is very proactive about wildfire prevention. 

I hope it's not Covid, but either way, I hope you feel better soon and enjoy your Bay Area visit. The weather is supposed to warm up on Tuesday. :classic_smile: And our gas prices are, indeed, horrible. 

• Like 4

We've been exploring our part of South Minneapolis. We've lived in our house for about 40 years and usually went to the same places to walk.

A couple of days ago we went around Lake Nokomis. Lovely walk. Several beaches, boat toys to rent, fishing docks, separate walking and biking trails.

There were supposed to be 6 "art works" along the path. We only found 2. Maybe we just don't know what art is. We've do e about 25 miles in the last few weeks, getting g ready for our Harmony cruise in Nov.

Enjoy the pics.

20220527_154234.jpg

20220521_152254.jpg

20220521_153641.jpg

20220521_150435.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday Ryan!  Being an engineer, I am obviously biased, but the world needs more STEM students.  And it's a very good thing that he is sociable and has girls at his party...he may not have "The Knack"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh! You went to the Ember Stomp Fire Prevention Festival. I just saw photos of the goats on the news.  :classic_biggrin: It did look small, but Marin County is very proactive about wildfire prevention. 

I hope it's not Covid, but either way, I hope you feel better soon and enjoy your Bay Area visit. The weather is supposed to warm up on Tuesday. :classic_smile: And our gas prices are, indeed, horrible. 

That is the one.  We did see the TV station reporters there, doing a little filming.  

I am looking forward to the warm up.  It is 50° this morning. 

• Like 2