Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Foreign relations between Russians and Americans are icy right now, so I’m glad to see things warming up in your home. Jade is a cutie. 

She is Russian in name only. Pure Italians in this house.😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

Jade is an absolute stunner.  I starting to get cat envy from all the beautiful cats in this group.

Thanks to all of you who recommended Top Gun: Maverick.  It was excellent.   I am  so glad we saw it on the big screen at the multiplex. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I ❤️ Olivia's!!!!!

Been there many times, Old Key West still the Disney Resort with the largest rooms. When they started building new resorts the rooms shrunk.

In-laws had time shares there, went twice a year for many years.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lol, I got the message.☺️

So, I didn't post about it but this past winter I lost my cat, Lila, from a medical issue that came up suddenly out of no where. I don't want to re-live the details here. I swore that was the end of any more pets but then the right side of my brain took over from the left.

So this is the newest family member. She is a now a 4.5 month old Russian Blue named Jade for the jade green eyes she will have after her kitten blue eyes change to their adult color. She has been with us for a month now.

She is still very skiddish but hiding less and interacting more. It is a little hard starting  over and having to establish trust and bonding all over again. Of all the fur kids I've had over the years she has been the biggest challenge to win over. I usually have no problem connecting with animals that I encounter. All suggestions to help this process are welcome! Anyway, meet Jade.....

20220529_070725.thumb.jpg.6324f55f44ba71ed92d183f8befdea94.jpg

20220605_131524.thumb.jpg.2c9e2f12c1f0a051fd061591df2f898f.jpg

20220605_131844.thumb.jpg.6b947a4ec32aeb626e1dd7912b15a747.jpg

Welcome to Dani’s thread Jade!  
She’s beautiful OB, that fur looks so soft and plush.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Been there many times, Old Key West still the Disney Resort with the largest rooms. When they started building new resorts the rooms shrunk.

In-laws had time shares there, went twice a year for many years.

You’re not kidding.  We stayed in the 3 bedroom villa last November with all the kids, SIL’s & grandkids, so 7 adults and 4 children and an infant.  At about 2400 sq ft we had plenty of room.  

• Like 4

@Ocean Boy

Sorry for your loss.

But

What a beautiful cat!!!

Kinda looks like the new boss in the house.  Cat with attitude.

No, just kidding,  isn't amazing how our four legged friends develop personalities that make us cherish them more???

Take care and enjoy the purrs and rubs.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

After their semifinal game, which ran an extra inning, they had just an hour to eat and make it to the next Diamond. 

Owen’s team was the home team.  At the top of the 7th the other team tied it up with a run. Bottom of the 7th it was tied up and we had a runner on second with one out. Well, this is what happened. 

What a weekend. They came back from three deficits, to win those games to be

The host town was a rail hub back in the days of steam, so the medal is so suitable.

B3F4EC40-8C6B-4801-B4BC-012A72815805.thumb.jpeg.f94d2853304597fd62909fb84a32913b.jpeg

What an exciting game!!  Congratulations to Owen!  I love watching how the team runs out and is beside the winning runner as he runs to home base.  

The winning medal is beautiful...a nice addition to Owen's trophy collections, I'm sure!!!

It sounds like it was an exhausting, but great weekend with excellent results.

When I coached LL softball, I had one day where my oldest daughter had a High School game;  after the game, we rushed to her LL game at a field that was not a home field, and I then had to leave her game, to get to my team's game at the other end of the Island.  I miss those days.,,,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lol, I got the message.☺️

So, I didn't post about it but this past winter I lost my cat, Lila, from a medical issue that came up suddenly out of no where. I don't want to re-live the details here. I swore that was the end of any more pets but then the right side of my brain took over from the left.

So this is the newest family member. She is a now a 4.5 month old Russian Blue named Jade for the jade green eyes she will have after her kitten blue eyes change to their adult color. She has been with us for a month now.

She is still very skiddish but hiding less and interacting more. It is a little hard starting  over and having to establish trust and bonding all over again. Of all the fur kids I've had over the years she has been the biggest challenge to win over. I usually have no problem connecting with animals that I encounter. All suggestions to help this process are welcome! Anyway, meet Jade.....

20220529_070725.thumb.jpg.6324f55f44ba71ed92d183f8befdea94.jpg

20220605_131524.thumb.jpg.2c9e2f12c1f0a051fd061591df2f898f.jpg

20220605_131844.thumb.jpg.6b947a4ec32aeb626e1dd7912b15a747.jpg

Sorry for the loss of Lila.  Jade is beautiful and looks adorable.

• Thanks 1

Good morning.

These last few days I have had so much to do, and go to bed exhausted and then cannot sleep.

Too much to think about.

And

Some of it is so trivial, and yet I think.

I guess the baby reveal this weekend is keeping me hopping.

Then all those news stories about low supplies of baby formula and what if our DD's baby to be has special dietary requirements that mom's milk cannot support.

I mean.

Some low supply items really make an impact...............and others, well are you kidding me.

Ok. For example.

Where we live in Ohio, a few weeks back there was a dog food shortage, we do not currently have a dog but for those who do, what are they doing if bow, wow only eats one kind?

And remember the paper product shortage, and the hoarding of supplies, and we all survived.

But why is gas so High, I haven't heard its a shortage, or is it just the greed of the day.

But the one shortage that really made me think...............how insane.

My daughter has been bouncing around ideas on how to reveal the babies gender this weekend and has been watching tons of you tube videos posting examples.

And now are you ready for the current unavailable item which will have little or no impact on our lives??????

Helium.  Yup the gas filler of balloons that when not probably secured and the balloon floats up in the environment and harms wildlife.  Even if you pop one on the ground, if you do not pick up all the pieces of balloon, they can be eaten and harm animals.

So as I was sharing this with my DD, she goes don't worry mom, we have something else planned.

Pictures will follow, knowing her I am sure it will be original.

Only time will tell what the next chapter of our world presents.

Take care.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Our house’s name is New Haywood…it was built in 1880 from material from another house on the property named Haywood.  The original house was in the Federal style and the owners wanted to have a house closer to the main road…and built in the Victorian style.  So I can only guess the age of the heart pine floors and stained glass doors and windows…. It’s a beautiful house (and we’re just the current care takers; it will live on way after us) and it’s no joke that they don’t build them like they used to!  

I love that you know the history of your home.  We don't know ours.  From what I understand, there had been a fire, where records of the homes had been destroyed.  Our home still had the original wood planking (I don't think that's the right name for it) on the outside, which we were constantly painting ourselves, and eventually had to have someone else do the painting.  Our decision to move was two-fold.  We wanted to move near our daughter, and the up-keep was getting to be too much.  

So, what did we do?  We moved to a home here with so much outside work!!  It's worth it, though.  I love it here, and I like working outdoors.

• Like 7

Well, the Rangers trip to Tampa was a bust, losing 2 games in a row. One of them in heart breaking fashion.  But I had a blast attending the games & exploring the city with my stepdaughter & her friends. Met some great people & plan on coming back. 

Had one of the best Pastrami sandwiches in a long time. In a British pub no less!! Who says you can only get good Pastrami from a NYC Jewish deli? 

20220606_192632.jpg

• Like 16

Just got back from my first visit to a new dentist here.  What a pain (figuratively and literally).  It took a couple of hours to do all of the paperwork (where it seemed like I entered my name, SSN, and DOB at least a dozen times), get x-rays, and get fully checked by the dentist.  Every little thing they found wrong was noted and I was offered a treatment plan.  It felt a lot like they were trying to "upsell" me treatments that I didn't need.  I then tried to schedule an appointment for a cleaning and they had nothing available until August.  Sigh.

After thinking about it a bit, I've concluded that they were just doing their job, and doing it thoroughly.  They didn't really push any treatments on me...just making me aware of what they found.  That's really a good thing.  And my old dentist in Ohio was the same with difficulty scheduling cleanings in the short term.  The office here called me back soon after I got home with a cancellation opening in a couple of weeks, so they got me in fairly quickly.  From there, I should be able to schedule new appointments every 6 months in advance fairly easily.

I'm going from having the same dentist (28 years), the same dental hygienist (10+ years), and the same receptionist (25 years) in a fairly small practice.  We all knew each other by name, new about each other's families, etc.  I now will have a new practice with 3 dentists, numerous other people poking and prodding me, and an office with 4 woman banging away on computers.  This dentist gets great reviews and I'm sure everything will be fine once I get used to the change.  It might take a minute though.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Jade is an absolute stunner.  I starting to get cat envy from all the beautiful cats in this group.

Thanks to all of you who recommended Top Gun: Maverick.  It was excellent.   I am  so glad we saw it on the big screen at the multiplex. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. I love the original. I was very skeptical about a sequel as they are usually a big let down but I'm really happy with what I've been hearing about this movie.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning.

These last few days I have had so much to do, and go to bed exhausted and then cannot sleep.

Too much to think about.

And

Some of it is so trivial, and yet I think.

I guess the baby reveal this weekend is keeping me hopping.

Then all those news stories about low supplies of baby formula and what if our DD's baby to be has special dietary requirements that mom's milk cannot support.

I mean.

Some low supply items really make an impact...............and others, well are you kidding me.

Ok. For example.

Where we live in Ohio, a few weeks back there was a dog food shortage, we do not currently have a dog but for those who do, what are they doing if bow, wow only eats one kind?

And remember the paper product shortage, and the hoarding of supplies, and we all survived.

But why is gas so High, I haven't heard its a shortage, or is it just the greed of the day.

But the one shortage that really made me think...............how insane.

My daughter has been bouncing around ideas on how to reveal the babies gender this weekend and has been watching tons of you tube videos posting examples.

And now are you ready for the current unavailable item which will have little or no impact on our lives??????

Helium.  Yup the gas filler of balloons that when not probably secured and the balloon floats up in the environment and harms wildlife.  Even if you pop one on the ground, if you do not pick up all the pieces of balloon, they can be eaten and harm animals.

So as I was sharing this with my DD, she goes don't worry mom, we have something else planned.

Pictures will follow, knowing her I am sure it will be original.

Only time will tell what the next chapter of our world presents.

Take care.

I think you really need to give Sea Dog's Kraken Rum a try.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 5