Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm interested in what you think about going solo.  Do you know anyone else on the cruise?  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

First true solo. That's why I got dining pkg

I've cruised with family and I have cruised solo. I like them both for different reasons.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Nope. It wasn't supposed to be a solo, but Laura is headed to Atlanta to babysit grandson. 

I'm looking forward to the freedom. Laura has done it dozens of times. My turn now.

Unfortunately we won't get any points for the trip

Why no points?

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Recipe looks good. I want to try this too. I remember my first Mai-Tai at the Trader Vics restaurant. I was hooked. Here's their recipe:

https://www.eater.com/21348867/best-mai-tai-recipe-history

I would think that the Grand Marnier would be a good substitute for the orange curacao. Are you going to do Kraken for the dark rum. I am excited to hear your results. Make sure you put an umbrella in it, as adds to the taste ;>)

Cheers!

Curaçao is not that hard to find, although the blue is typical.  I love Grandma. Aka Grand Marnier, more than anything in the world, but Curaçao is a clean orange flavor and Gran Ma is oaky cognac orange.  Not at all the same simple orange flavoring, although with enough ingredients and depending on the amounts, it can work.  That said, you should be able to find orange Curaçao with a little effort.

JMHO

jc

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Curaçao is not that hard to find, although the blue is typical.  I love Grandma. Aka Grand Marnier, more than anything in the world, but Curaçao is a clean orange flavor and Gran Ma is oaky cognac orange.  Not at all the same simple orange flavoring, although with enough ingredients and depending on the amounts, it can work.  That said, you should be able to find orange Curaçao with a little effort.

JMHO

jc

I can find orange Curacao at my liquor store. I've always liked Grand Marnier and have it in my home.  So if I see a recipe that includes orange Curacao I just substitute. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We have the same hurricane, but this other one.. 

20220608_220212.thumb.jpg.c0612c534d1d5cfc84ecccb46aa47ecd.jpg

We have a set of 4 of the swirly glasses that a bartender gave us. I'm not a big cocktail drinker, but they are great for ice cream and hot fudge sundaes. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 12

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@ReneeFLL, I would hate to be replacing a dishwasher now.  From what I have read, none have the heating element anymore, and they take forever to dry.  

My daughter has a Bosch, and dishes are still wet after it runs for 2 or 3 hours.  Maybe that is just the nature of them now.  

I hope our old one lasts forever. 

Pull the dish racks out all the way while the dishes are still hot. They will dry pretty quickly in the air.

My Rubbermaid doesn't dry this way but the plates, bowls, flatware, etc should dry pretty fast.

(We don't use the dry cycle.)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've always been partial to the The Firm.  I think that's the first Grisham book that I read.  I remember really enjoying The Partner, The Pelican Brief, and The Rainmaker as well.  It's been many years since I've read them and I don't know how well those books would work many years later...I'm guessing they would still be great.

I haven't read them yet (Micheline has) but the Camino Island and Camino Winds books were supposed to have been inspired by Amelia Island.  There's a book store in our downtown area that is supposedly the book store from Camino Island.

John Grisham's Ode to Amelia Island – Garden & Gun (gardenandgun.com)

I haven't read too many Grisham nut LOVED the Camino Island ones. I do want more!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning

Then all those news stories about low supplies of baby formula and what if our DD's baby to be has special dietary requirements that mom's milk cannot support.

I'm a bit of a worrier too and dont sleep well.

Our little one year old grandson has developed multiple allergies. Mainly dairy and eggs but some others too. Hopefully he will grow out of them. He gets special milk from the Dr's but mum is also occasionally still feeding so she has gone Vegan (she was vegetarian anyway)

When we were round there last week he had some cooked peas and immediately started itching his neck and face and lips swelled. 

Worrying for them and us. It seems to be a fairly modern thing, I don’t remember anyone having any allergies (apart from pollen) when we were growing up 

Looking forward to hearing all about the reveal 😀 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We have a lettuce shortage here. It’s been a really cold start to winter so not exactly burger or salad weather so shopper’s probably aren’t missing them too much as they would in summer or desperate to pay the $10 per head of lettuce.

KFC have announced their burgers will have cabbage & lettuce due to this supply shortage (mainly due to the recent devastating floods)

This made the news over here too, crazy prices.

Talking about crazy prices our petrol is heading towards £2 a litre. Glad we don't have to commute to Heathrow every day now 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think we will all have our fingers and toes crossed 🙏 for everyone to have a negative covid test.    I am really excited for you and your Husband.     And you get to meet Sue and Gary too @sgmn - How nice that will be 😃

Thanks Debbie, I'm excited to meet Dani and her talented DH.

I must admit we haven't been isolating as much as we should and now I have picked up a cold from our grandson. 

Hoping it will be better by Monday and we pass our covid test on Sunday 🙏

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

Trying to catch up I've skim read last few pages so I hope I haven't missed anything important.  

OB , you're little Russia kitten is adorable,  so very pretty 😍 

@John&LaLa hope you have a fab cruise.  I really miss Royal Caribbean.  Our last cruise on her was Sept 2019

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Our little one year old grandson has developed multiple allergies. Mainly dairy and eggs but some others too. Hopefully he will grow out of them.

Our eldest grandson was also allergic to dairy and eggs in early days. He indeed grow out of them. But now turns out he's allergic to pecan, pistachio and walnuts, but not to peanuts...

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

It seems to be a fairly modern thing, I don’t remember anyone having any allergies (apart from pollen) when we were growing up 

That's exactly what I was thinking.... I don't remember in my childhood any allergies whatsoever....

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

This made the news over here too, crazy prices.

Talking about crazy prices our petrol is heading towards £2 a litre. Glad we don't have to commute to Heathrow every day now 

Talking about commuting, I read today that there is to be a rail strike happening from the 21 June.  DD has a train trip booked from London to Exeter on that date and will be in London for the week of the strike.  Hoping the strike will be averted or not as bad as currently predicted.

Hope you get over you cold quickly so you can enjoy your cruise to the fullest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

I'm a bit of a worrier too and dont sleep well.

Our little one year old grandson has developed multiple allergies. Mainly dairy and eggs but some others too. Hopefully he will grow out of them. He gets special milk from the Dr's but mum is also occasionally still feeding so she has gone Vegan (she was vegetarian anyway)

When we were round there last week he had some cooked peas and immediately started itching his neck and face and lips swelled. 

Worrying for them and us. It seems to be a fairly modern thing, I don’t remember anyone having any allergies (apart from pollen) when we were growing up 

Looking forward to hearing all about the reveal 😀 

Sorry to hear about your grandsons allergies.  That is a worry.  I remember going to p & c meetings when my son was in his last year of school and the notice board in the staff room  was full of photos of the kids who had multiple allergies.  Hopefully your GS grows out of them by school age.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Talking about commuting, I read today that there is to be a rail strike happening from the 21 June.  DD has a train trip booked from London to Exeter on that date and will be in London for the week of the strike.  Hoping the strike will be averted or not as bad as currently predicted.

I was in Italy, on a train,  once when their was a 1 hr. rail strike. When the time came for the strike the train stopped in the middle of no where and started moving again when the strike was over.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Debbie, I'm excited to meet Dani and her talented DH.

I must admit we haven't been isolating as much as we should and now I have picked up a cold from our grandson. 

Hoping it will be better by Monday and we pass our covid test on Sunday 🙏

Positive thoughts your cold is just a regular old fashion cold and you all pass your tests🙏

Hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1