Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Don’t they want you to keep your foot up or are you able to do this while playing? When I had foot surgery my dr wanted me to keep it above my heart level. 

I sit in a wheelchair with my "bad" leg constantly up on one of those leg attachments.  I never place my bad leg on the floor. Not higher than my heart but I imagine high enough.  In bed, my leg rests on a pillow or 2.

I just hope that on Tuesday, my surgeon puts my leg in a boot to commence PT which I know will be a killer but will help me get home. I hate to say this but for now, oxycodone is my friend.

I think @Sea DogGreg remembers and understands.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Covid test negative, phew, at airport now waiting to board. Flight should be on time, tracked it's inbound flight which was on time so hopefully there will be no delays 🤞

We arrive in Rome this evening and have booked into the airport Hilton with a transfer tomorrow to Civitavecchia.

Great news Sue.

I hope you both have a wonderful cruise.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

No matter who had won tonight,  Avs in 5. 

Not bitter, just being a realistic.  I've said since the beginning the Rangers have been playing above their heads. The fact they even made the playoffs is awesome, everything else was bonus. 

What else can I say? Let's Go Yankees!! Apparently they are off to a hot start!!

I predict a METS vs.yankees World Series with the METS winning in 6.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hate to say this but for now, oxycodone is my friend.

I think @Sea DogGreg remembers and understands.

Yes I do. If you can get the doctor to also give you a prescription to Tramadol that works really good too. Good luck with the pain. I know it's no fun.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Covid test negative, phew, at airport now waiting to board. Flight should be on time, tracked it's inbound flight which was on time so hopefully there will be no delays 🤞

We arrive in Rome this evening and have booked into the airport Hilton with a transfer tomorrow to Civitavecchia.

Great news!  Hope you have safe travels.  I would love to be headed to Rome.  Please post pics!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

One other data point.  I turned Wifi back on and ran the speed test again.  I've got 1GB AT&T fiber in my house.  Download was 592, upload was 606, and ping was 21.  Lots of bandwidth so we can stream to multiple devices at the same time with no problem.

I wish att would run fiber to our neighborhood.   A disadvantage of living in a small town is no competition.   We basically have one provider with decent speed.  They have fiber downtown but not out where we live.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

All 5G is not created equal

Verizon 5G at my house

671C129D-4634-4DBF-97A0-DE01210D489B.thumb.png.792b1fd773eec0509a02e14feaddea50.png

Spectrum internet at my house

F9E94317-3700-44DC-BDBD-D7F3271F2E6B.thumb.png.8e1658e0e2f7cfa82b6df019da71e114.png

At home my 5G is different all the time.  Just now it showed 35.9 mbps.  Last night 10 mbps.  We have hills and trees all around.   I have been tempted to buy a cell booster.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

However, I still think spell check was better at knowing what I was trying to type on the S8 than it is on the S22 and I don't know why.

I wonder if  it's a "predictive text" thing where it takes some time for your phone or preferred text messaging app to learn what you write.

I have a S10 using the text app that came with the phone. In addition to auto correct, it tries to "guess" what the next word I'm about type and it gives me 3 or 4 choices. I just tap the  correct word & it'll repeat the cycle. At first, it was a useless feature as the guesses were almost always wrong but after 2+ years with the phone, it guesses correctly 2 out of 3 times.  Sometimes I can quickly write a 10 or 11 word text just by the choices it gives me.

One thing that seems to get worse with each new version is "voice-to-text". Use to use it all the time but not so much anymore.  It seems to  take a long time to recognize what I'm saying and even then, there are so many errors that by the time I correct them, it's just easier & quicker to type from the start

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Oh good. 
I still think he could come up with a good alias. 

I’m sure he can but it’s his hard stance (nothing wrong with that) on things and how he expresses it on here. The words and phrases he uses is a dead giveaway. 

• Like 6

So after the big reveal yesterday, Brandon and Christina s siblings chilled in the back yard while the adults gathered in kitchen, chit chatted and cleaned up from dinner. 

When out from the patio I hear the group 

“ mama Lyons. Get out hear, you gotta see this”. 

I somehow got renamed this when daughter was in grade school from her friends. And it has followed me forever. 

So I go out and Brandon’s brothers go he is practicing for having a daughter. 

Then he will get a second job and a shot gun when his daughter to be turns 13. To keep her safe. 

There was no way he could consume that beer in less than 15 min. 

I realize all men want a son. Especially the Incredible Hulk.  But knowing Brandon his daughter will soon have him at her beckon call. 

9B36C313-88BC-4BF9-9CCE-5C9F15200C36.jpeg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I stayed  free there when my daughter was personnel director at Sheraton Sea World. 

We never got a room for free, but paid hardly anything for a room, not to mention the great rooms we were given wherever we stayed.  In Boston, we had a great corner room, with huge windows on both sides of the building;  what a view!  Nice perk, when your kids work for hotels.  It was great while it lasted!😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

All 5G is not created equal

Verizon 5G at my house

671C129D-4634-4DBF-97A0-DE01210D489B.thumb.png.792b1fd773eec0509a02e14feaddea50.png

Spectrum internet at my house

F9E94317-3700-44DC-BDBD-D7F3271F2E6B.thumb.png.8e1658e0e2f7cfa82b6df019da71e114.png

are you sure you're  getting a 5G signal.  When I run the test on my phone.  it says 5G in the upper right corner. If I am not receiving 5G, it says LTE.  The symbol you are showing is one I get  when I am my home wifi.  I keep wifi turned off on the phone.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well. 

Today was the big day. 

The reveal. 

Christina had the neighbor open the sealed envelope and put colored bandanas on her German Shepherds. 

We all gathered in the yard and the girls ran

out dressed in their bandanas.

B1E6AB45-DF4D-4E72-BD39-46277C6EBF0A.thumb.jpeg.42f00b04e58cbfe33ee017141c660e50.jpeg

9AD5B001-F512-4119-8B1D-2E627767DD7C.thumb.jpeg.127f7fb6f4fba05ad530871b54ae742b.jpeg

What a fun idea for the gender reveal.      Congratulations and best wishes to Mom and Baby for an healthy and easy pregnancy.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Congratulations on negative tests.    Hopefully you are doing the happy dance with flights, etc.    Safe travels.     I hope you All have a wonderful sailing with perfect weather and calm seas.      Enjoy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey question? I forgot to add a bus transfer to airport on debarkation day. I know I can just get a cab but if I wanted to add that after final payment can I add it once I get on board?

Yes, you should have no problem adding that after final payment.     Pre covid I added transfer about a week or so before the cruise and had no issue.    

• Like 1