Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I did not know there were still Beach Boys concerts.   We saw them in 80's at Mud Island and thought that was a late date for there concerts.  John Stamos was with them.  At the time I didn't know he was a musician. 

I liked the song too.  Different style compared to some of their more popular music.  

In 2004 Rolling Stone Magazine ranked them as the 12th.best group of all time.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My youngest daughter who likes the same kind of music as I do,Classic Rock has been to concerts all over the world .

She is the only person I know who has been to more concerts than I have.

She just informed me that she and a friend are flying to the UK to see a concert and flying home the next day.That is something that I never did .I saw a concert once in Canada but did not know that I would be going to see it until I got there.I also went to the Fillmore West but did not know that I would be till being there.

My oldest DD and SIL travel all around the states to see concerts but I don't remember them going overseas for a concert but I wouldn't rule it out happening some day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@bobmacliberty Happy Belated birthday.  Looks like you celebrated in style!

Pain is getting more and more manageable.  Part of my PT today was getting in and out  of the car, no easy feat using only 1 leg but I did it!

Thanks Bonnie.  Good to hear that you pain is becoming more manageable.  I hope the getting in and out of a car exercises will soon mean some road trips!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

My oldest DD and SIL travel all around the states to see concerts but I don't remember them going overseas for a concert but I wouldn't rule it out happening some day.

My daughter is going to the Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concert.It reminds me of Live Aid when there was one concert in the UK and another in Philadelphia on the same day.In this case it is the UK and Los Angeles.

The reason she is going to the UK is because she went to college there for a year and has good friends living there who she last saw many years ago and they will also be going to the concert.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy belated birthday.

Happy-Birthday-Animated-Image-4.gif

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You did a great job with the food pics.  Looks great. My younger brother's birthday is Dec. 23rd.  There were times, when young, he got a bigger birthday/Christmas gift.  It was soon realized he enjoyed two smaller separate gifts.

We have soooo many March family birthdays that I am pretty much banned to mention a cruise in March.

Happy Birthday.   Glad you are enjoying. 

Thank you both!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@bobmacliberty belated Happy Birthday wishes!  In your honor, I’ll be experimenting with the Turtle Krawl  recipe tonight. I didn’t see anything labeled Bacardi Silver at the liquor store, so I’m hoping the Bacardi Superior shown here will suffice (it has a small silver label so..).  
I also spotted several bottles of Pusser’s Rum.  
We’re celebrating Father’s Day tomorrow (so it’s mandatory that I nail down the Turtle Krawl recipe tonight 🤣), then our granddaughters will spend the night because our middle DD & SIL have tickets to the US Open for Sunday. 
Thanks also for the Crunch Lab recommendation, my 10 yr old grandson would love that. We call him “the tinkerer”.  

03AD6097-9FB3-456E-AB77-07F86E3C3889.jpeg

Thanks!  I definitely want to hear the results of your Turtle Krawl testing.  Looks delicious from the ingredients.

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@bobmaclibertyCheers for celebrating your B day in style! Your birthday dinner photos caught my eye.

Thanks so much!

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's going to be a hot one here too!    Temps to be in the 90s and not much of any breeze (hoping there will be some relief on the beach).   We are doing some work online and plan on heading to beach around 11 or 12.      Tomorrow should be low 70's.

Hopefully what breeze there is is coming from the ocean. I see you came back for lunch and are going back so it must be an ocean breeze.  Those land breezes can be  a painful  fighting the flies.

Getting ready here for another afternoon Thunderstorm, not as humid as yesterday but still pretty warm.

Going to a Hot Air Balloon Glow this evening hopefully if the bad weather clears in time. Here is a video from back in 2016, just what it is(Glow)?

https://fb.watch/dIyOfhS4ox/

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That looks like a good beach choice.   ⛱️  I can see us choosing it.  Thanks for the pics.

After walking a bunch in Alaska,  that sounds like a reasonable walk.  The loungers and umbrella are a bit higher but hey, it's a vacation!

If you are walking, go early to beat when Royal drops off their excursion 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Who wants to live forever anyway?

I always said that I want “Who wants to live forever”, by Queen, played for my funeral. 

And with apologies to Buddy Holly…

Everyday, it's a gettin' closer, 
Goin' faster than a roller coaster

Now I am getting different songs stuck in my head. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I always said that I want “Who wants to live forever”, by Queen, played for my funeral. 

And with apologies to Buddy Holly…

Everyday, it's a gettin' closer, 
Goin' faster than a roller coaster

Now I am getting different songs stuck in my head. 

That is my favorite Queen song.  

• Like 3

DD has arrived in London.  She was impressed with Ana Nippon airlines.  Would fly with them again.  It was 16C when she left Sydney.  I asked how it is over there tonight temp wise.  “Omg mum, it is SO hot.  I was sweating walking from the tube station to the accommodation and I forgot how busy London is. There are so many people out and about”

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Bohemian Rhapsody was a favourite of mine but all of their songs are good.

I liked Bohemian Rhapsody the most but I agree that all their songs are good.As I have stated previously there has not been any singer like Freddie Mercury.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday🍸     Sounds like a Great Day and the food looks delicious!    Best wishes for many more Happy Birthdays!

@bobmaclibertyHappy Belated Birthday wishes, Bob!  Like Debbie says....great day and delicious looking foods.  The Risotto looks amazing!  Enjoy your Father's Day watching the U.S. Open!

• Like 1

I must be living in an ice age compared to everyone else.  Woke up to 64 degrees this morning. Temps did hit 85 briefly but have started dropping.  Going down into the high 50's tonight. Tomorrow high 64, low of 48. 

Didn't even turn on the air conditioner. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I did not know there were still Beach Boys concerts.   

We saw the Beach Boys in Concert at Ocean Grove, NJ,  probably about 6 years ago.  Of course, we loved it!  There was a young man sitting in front of us who was on his FB for the entire concert.  Really??????

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I must be living in an ice age compared to everyone else.  Woke up to 64 degrees this morning. Temps did hit 85 briefly but have started dropping.  Going down into the high 50's tonight. Tomorrow high 64, low of 48. 

Didn't even turn on the air conditioner. 🙂

It is 93 here now.Tomorrow it will be a high of 73.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

We saw the Beach Boys in Concert at Ocean Grove, NJ,  probably about 6 years ago.  Of course, we loved it!  There was a young man sitting in front of us who was on his FB for the entire concert.  Really??????

Giveaway: "young man".😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It has been a hot and humid day today 80°F on the North East coast of England.

We are sitting outside eating dinner.

Pauline had Scampi and chips and I had a mixed grill.

IMG_20220617_131107.jpg

IMG_20220617_131059.jpg

Making up for yesterday's yogurt?

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

How young ? Maybe he got dragged there by his parents and never heard of  The Beach Boys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How young ? Maybe he got dragged there by his parents and never heard of  The Beach Boys.

I'd say he was probably in his 30"s...definitely not there with his parents😁