Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I still change my own oil and brakes on my car.   I taught Eric how to do this years ago.   Back in the day (sorry for using that) I could do tuneups, change out starters, alternators, carburetors, belts, radiators, etc etc.   Changed engines and tranny's with Dad and Brother when restoring cars.  Even body work as a beginner.   I miss those days hanging out in garage with my Dad.

I never had a drivers license until I was in my 30’s , needed to get one to move to Dallas. First time I was ever alone in a car I was leaving DFW airport heading to the Hilton via LBJ highway that was 40 years ago . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

It was the accident that left her sidelined. 

I did a some snooping. It was the accident that sidelined her, and she was using the down time to qualify for more licenses. I didn't care for her - I always thought she had her fingers crossed behind her back.

• Like 2

@George C You also had a good excuse to miss Woodstock !😉

Not good to read about broken bones here- too,any instances. I am wishing all those dealing with the fractures good healing.  I was speaking with a friend a few hours ago. Her husband took a fall leaving their house and broke his ankle. He is in the local rehab. center. He is in a boot, not having too much pain. He is getting PT and soon he will be tackling stairs and getting in and out of a car. Not good news that he is hurt.

Maybe the one saving grace for him is that his wife and mother-in-law have done hours of volunteer work for the facility. He is getting super star treatment there. 

As to household repairs requiring a ladder,we have a saying in our house-

The best tool we have at home is the telephone !

Take care all!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 9

On 6/18/2022 at 2:44 PM, Ocean Boy said:

So Jade seems to have finally made the transition to her new home. She has transformed from a skiddish, hissing, hiding kitten into a playful, purring, talkative little girl who is constantly head butting my hand to get me to pet her. I guess she knows that she is safe. She also seems to have learned that it is much more comfortable on the bed than under it. Her eyes continue to make the transition from kitten blue to adult green. That is good or I would have to change her name!

20220618_140614.thumb.jpg.37ff32d5e965834ba1e19589155af3d3.jpg

So cute and soft looking. Glad to hear she has warmed up to you.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Well here’s an update from the ball tournament.

We were winning 1/0 top of the third. Owen made two great catches for outs in the outfield. It was his first at bat and as he was running to first, the first baseman got the throw from third.  First baseman was well off the base line and had to tag Owen for the out except he was a great distance away. Instead of tagging Owen with control he hit them with such force that Owen flew in the air. He physically bodychecked him.

So now we are at the hospital emerge. Owen has a broken wrist. Their player was ejected.

I’m waiting in the car because only one person is allowed to go in with them. They’re actually going to put him to sleep to set the wrist. He is in a lot of pain and is also pissed. 

Oh no! That really sucks. Hope he heals quickly.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:07 PM, h20skibum said:

…Drinks……When I saw one that said Caribbean Cooler, I had to try one.  And the price was not bad. 

E9219142-1352-4979-82E9-81CF54E9B3EF.thumb.jpeg.6a82ba7bf12adcb8931c0ea0de618de7.jpeg

Why did someone think it was a good idea to put the calories on the drink menu? That’s not something I would want to see when ordering drink after drink.🤪

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well it’s my turn.  Andy was working on the siding around the new bedroom window when the ladder tipped and he fell.  Thankfully he landed on the grass but he put his hand out to break the fall.  It looks exactly like Owens. He was also having some back pain so I called a rescue.  We’re at the hospital now, he just went for a cat scan & X-rays but they’re saying he will likely need surgery on the wrist.   I’m just thankful I was home. 

So sorry to hear Andy broke his wrist and a rib. Hope he feels better soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

Annabel finally fell asleep.  She has been playing all day.  

109481012_Annabel5.thumb.jpeg.99b0a4b4efa28c70832b1ea5178a5a6d.jpeg

Another cutie. She looks tuckered out. 

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

6 hours at the hospital for mom’s pre-op visit and all is about prepared as possible. I’m feeling confident but have had enough of the hospital for now for the last two days.

In fact, during the last 5 minutes of our appointment they offered us a cancellation for this Wednesday.  Not enough notice though, as there is still too much to arrange before July 6th. 

That’s a long time. Are they seeing her all that time or is some of it spent waiting? Hope she recovers fast.

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope your new knee is making life a lot better for you Greg.

I have an appointment on Thursday and hopefully will have a steroid injection in my right knee.

Hope the injection helps your knee and you feel better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I still change my own oil and brakes on my car.   I taught Eric how to do this years ago.   Back in the day (sorry for using that) I could do tuneups, change out starters, alternators, carburetors, belts, radiators, etc etc.   Changed engines and tranny's with Dad and Brother when restoring cars.  Even body work as a beginner.   I miss those days hanging out in garage with my Dad.

OMG, were you Vinnie's girlfriend on "My Cousin Vinnie"?😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I loved driving .My co-workers challenged me to find ways to get to destinations without taking bridges,tunnels or highways.The only time I drove over a bridge or on a highway was when I was taking driving lessons.

You never drove in or out of Manhattan?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

For Jimbo - third member of the wrist club…..have a cast til next Thursday on my dominant hand.  Mine was planned surgery though.

C324E054-4A30-499C-BAA2-199CDCFF7760.jpeg

Sorry to hear this.

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You never drove in or out of Manhattan?

I can’t imagine going out of someone’s way to avoid bridges or tunnels unless they have a fear of them. What a waste of time imo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

"It's a BS question...Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '62. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64. However, in 1964, the correct ignition timing would be four degrees before top-dead-center."

Love that movie.  The two yutes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never changed oil and never filled a gas tank.I drove 31 years and never drove in a tunnel and over a bridge only once.I wonder how many other people can say that ?

Probably anyone who spent their entire life in New Jersey. 😉

• Haha 2

DD has today travelled by train from London to Exeter.  She was very impressed by the cleanliness of the GWR train and the lovely views from the train.  Reason for the trip - to travel from Exeter to visit the village were my dad grew up - and FaceTime him with the village in the background. She has just done that. Took him a moment to comprehend where she was as he wasn’t expecting her to leave London and she wanted to do it as a surprise  but once the penny dropped he was absolutely delighted.  She took a birthday card that he gave her last year and took photos of the points of interest featured on the card and has bought him a birthday card for this year in return.4DC1A6A1-EC95-4B22-B66E-C46DCCEA4296.thumb.jpeg.f022e17f6f07e178a3af521fda27e930.jpeg

9FD21E72-1DEA-48BE-8D0C-94AEC98F6E64.thumb.jpeg.cf8c9e26500cf760ea429056b5b919f1.jpeg

B700BE61-8CC2-45C1-8D07-E7948EF0B723.thumb.jpeg.f0c42e72565f47593c820b4510240e5d.jpeg

289D16EF-3DE6-41D7-B43A-CD75F3D64612.thumb.jpeg.f7929e283be851b5f162739fb7bf5a37.jpeg

E48ABB28-0A4E-440F-BA21-5148BF564BBA.thumb.jpeg.4bdfb9afdd27025b855ee7a965b955d6.jpeg

2B5A1007-D8F9-4520-A6E5-48D5F682B2ED.thumb.jpeg.8317cb0e9bad78e2fb795a9e1ef8128d.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 22

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

"It's a BS question...Cause Chevy didn't make a 327 in '55, the 327 didn't come out till '62. And it wasn't offered in the Bel Air with a four-barrel carb till '64. However, in 1964, the correct ignition timing would be four degrees before top-dead-center."

No idea how many times I've seen the movie and I still laugh at it!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD has today travelled by train from London to Exeter.  She was very impressed by the cleanliness of the GWR train and the lovely views from the train.  Reason for the trip - to travel from Exeter to visit the village were my dad grew up - and FaceTime him with the village in the background. She has just done that. Took him a moment to comprehend where she was as he wasn’t expecting her to leave London but once the penny dropped he was absolutely delighted.  She took a birthday card that he gave her last year and took photos of the points of interest featured on the card and has bought him a birthday card for this year in return.4DC1A6A1-EC95-4B22-B66E-C46DCCEA4296.thumb.jpeg.f022e17f6f07e178a3af521fda27e930.jpeg

9FD21E72-1DEA-48BE-8D0C-94AEC98F6E64.thumb.jpeg.cf8c9e26500cf760ea429056b5b919f1.jpeg

B700BE61-8CC2-45C1-8D07-E7948EF0B723.thumb.jpeg.f0c42e72565f47593c820b4510240e5d.jpeg

289D16EF-3DE6-41D7-B43A-CD75F3D64612.thumb.jpeg.f7929e283be851b5f162739fb7bf5a37.jpeg

E48ABB28-0A4E-440F-BA21-5148BF564BBA.thumb.jpeg.4bdfb9afdd27025b855ee7a965b955d6.jpeg

2B5A1007-D8F9-4520-A6E5-48D5F682B2ED.thumb.jpeg.8317cb0e9bad78e2fb795a9e1ef8128d.jpeg

What a great idea and very nice gesture.  He must have very much appreciated it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I grew up with 2 older brothers, they taught me how to change a tire and the oil.  Never have used either "skill".  Didn't pump gas until I was close to 40 since we lived in NJ, Jim had to show me when we bought our cabin in PA, now do it all the time living in SC.  

We will take a try at most home improvements unless large but do give up much quicker than in years past, just not worth the stress anymore.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

For Jimbo - third member of the wrist club…..have a cast til next Thursday on my dominant hand.  Mine was planned surgery though.

C324E054-4A30-499C-BAA2-199CDCFF7760.jpeg

Oh my !! Get well soon.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Probably anyone who spent their entire life in New Jersey. 😉

Now who on here has never used a jug handle to make a left turn? or knows what a jug handle even is?  and yes this question doesn't involve drinking. 🤣

• Haha 3

We do a lot of the home improvement/repair jobs ourselves.  My husband can fix or build almost anything but also knows when to call a pro.  He also knows if they are doing the job correctly or not and will be on hand watching while they do it.  We don't do tile but have done wooden floors.  He can hang ceiling fans and do small electrical jobs but did have the electrician out to hook up the generator.  I tackle the painting jobs although he will pick up the roller and do the big parts while I cut in.  This spring we rented a lift and spent a weekend trimming up the trees close to the house.  We only have two major projects left for this year.  One is to paint the walls I didn't paint when we moved in.  The previous owner loved a light beige and badly painted a lot of the walls. Three hallways, one bedroom, the living room and the kitchen.  Sigh.  I will change out that color and clean up the baseboards.  Then when it cools off we need to clean out the garage and reorganize it.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We do a lot of the home improvement/repair jobs ourselves.  My husband can fix or build almost anything but also knows when to call a pro.  He also knows if they are doing the job correctly or not and will be on hand watching while they do it.  We don't do tile but have done wooden floors.  He can hang ceiling fans and do small electrical jobs but did have the electrician out to hook up the generator.  I tackle the painting jobs although he will pick up the roller and do the big parts while I cut in.  This spring we rented a lift and spent a weekend trimming up the trees close to the house.  We only have two major projects left for this year.  One is to paint the walls I didn't paint when we moved in.  The previous owner loved a light beige and badly painted a lot of the walls. Three hallways, one bedroom, the living room and the kitchen.  Sigh.  I will change out that color and clean up the baseboards.  Then when it cools off we need to clean out the garage and reorganize it.  

What town do you live in, in Florida. Are you close to any of the beaches?

Good morning

Today is day 2 of our 30 day challenge.

The spouse and me.

I got up at 6 am, did 3 miles walking the street which came out to 7893 steps

Salads for lunch

Chicken green beans and cut up veggies for dinner.

Then I went on line to schedule my second booster Moderna vaccine.

Many earlier sites are not providing the service any more.

At first it was painful finding a location, many places said for my zip code, no appointments available.

So I started going thru neighboring zip codes.

Thank You Girard for being so friendly. 

I was able to book an appointment for 11 am at our Mall in the Target Pharmacy.

So took my Ibuprofen at 9am.

Taking my 2 tylenol at 10 am.

Consuming mass quantities of water.

Side note, the DH got his at work last week and he was achy and sluggish for about 24 hours, no fever.

Wish me luck.

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, akcruz said:

I grew up with 2 older brothers, they taught me how to change a tire and the oil.  Never have used either "skill".  Didn't pump gas until I was close to 40 since we lived in NJ, Jim had to show me when we bought our cabin in PA, now do it all the time living in SC.  

I love your post.

Being a city girl in a private school growing up, our high school was awarded $$$$ by the state of OHIO to provide mini classes of common daily chores to us "city girls"

I was appointed to the Mini course committee as a member and being such could be on every class as I wished and others were limited to one.

Some of the courses we developed and I participated in were.

This was in 1974

"It's your car, love it"---

How to pump gas

We learned how to change a flat tire.

How to check your oil level.

How to do an oil change

What you should monitor for and how to manage an issue. 

(Calling AAA was not an option).

Another one was

How to be a referee or umpire in sports 

We learned all the rules of baseball and football.

What the calls meant.

And if we pursued it we would be able to apply for classes to become one while in HS

On a whim, I put a suggestion for an activity that the state approved and including in funding.

Horse back riding.

Yup Submitted it as a joke and they loved they idea.

Every day for 3 weeks we drove over the border to Pennsylvania and took lessons from the Amish, and learned how to ride.

It was fun and we started with the old horses.

And my last week I was up to frisky males horses.

They knew the last part of the trail and took off, because they would earn their treats and could not wait, and ...................off we went.

It was fun.

Now at the end of the program the committee had to go to Columbus Ohio to present an evaluation of usage of the funding.

So off the committee went and we did a fine job and got funding for the following year.

But.

While we were in Columbus, we were the only school group away.

One of our classmates got busted for bringing a pipe bomb to school.

He wanted to show it off, and yes school crap like this happened back then.

Now we got wind of it from the news stories so..............

On a stupid moment we sent a post card to the school and we simply wrote.

....TICK.....TICK.....TICK.....BOOM.

When we returned back to school we were all summoned to the Principals office and sure as all heck the post card was on his desk.

He looked at us, and we looked at him

Now mind you we were the NERDS, the GOODY 2 SHOES.

He did not say a word.

Nor did we........................

We were dismissed.

Dodged a bullet as one could say.

I never did anything like that again.

Well, I have done some safe practical jokes, but none involving stupidity like that one.

Take care 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What was the contractor's reasoning?

It was his experience that none of the various gutter guard products were 100% effective and that the gutters and downspouts would still need to be cleaned regularly,  just not as often. And since I'd have to work around or remove the guards, it would be more of a challenge.

I didn't necessarily buy into that excuse as everyone I spoke to - neighbors, friends, family as well a 3 other contractors I sought estimates from - all highly recommended gutter guards. However, that contractor came with excellent reference and said I could always add the gutter guards at a later date. As I had several other big budget projects at the same time, it seemed like a reasonable way to stay within budget.

Also, the gutters & downspouts he installed are bigger and don't seem to clog as often, which was also part of his reasoning for not needing the guards. I've gone from cleaning them 3-4 times  year to once a year at the most.  I've even skipped a year once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm not the least bit ashamed to say I fell madly in love with Mona Lisa Vito when I watched that movie. And every time since.

• Like 2