Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We made it to Lakeside.   Tonight, at the auditorium, The Spinners are performing.  We just met up with them leaving the hotel on their golf cart.  We told them Caden was excited to see them.  They said they might need to call him on stage.  We'll see.

20220625_154814.thumb.jpg.74be70ac5128f5bd00d3965f78b48d1a.jpg

• Like 15

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Anything grape based, so that means I have to suffer through drinking all the wine we bring onboard.  

It is a tough job, but someone has to do it!

I relate, when it comes to raisins.😉

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just got home from a bike ride. While I was at the lighthouse a helicopter crash landed. I was watching it fly and iit seemed to be sightseeing. Suddenly it was getting very low and started heading toward land. Afer it got over grass it just dropped to the ground. One person aboard who walked away unhurt. I ran over to make sure he was ok.

Aside from that, the beaches are packed today.

That’s crazy. Glad it wasn’t a worse ending. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear Linda nearly died after giving birth Greg.

Pauline always had that fear and why we never had children.

All of our Sarah's friends call us her mam and dad as we are there for her emotionally and financially.

My god daughter and her husband agreed to not have children.The reason being that her father and his brother both died when they were in their 30’s.

• Like 2

We have all three grandkids for the weekend.   What better way to start out, than with a First Weekend of Summer Party.  

Part 1

Bigger and better than last year’s, this takes two fans to inflate.  They draw more than 15 amps together, so I had to plug in different circuits. 

7133F93C-0321-4A64-BA13-3CF2A7C3119C.thumb.jpeg.cf8bd5c694274c0461101248f7954763.jpeg

Need to fuel the kids up with some burgers and dogs on the grill. 

E1A28359-891C-409D-A6A3-442FE52C9CFB.thumb.jpeg.25eeb1cc4d8cb8b1079799a756149794.jpeg

Time for bouncing and sliding. 

3015D78E-8AA9-4948-A92A-E94EE901B494.thumb.jpeg.5d79fd67b3c44c10ac9fc5f239ef7483.jpeg

6D4FB798-42C8-401C-8BE8-549115845DDC.thumb.jpeg.a3b7cf093232ed033d6ed50280047180.jpeg

I tell you, this is a workout for us old folks. 🤣🤣

476C902D-CA4C-4F81-9C51-1D792F58673B.thumb.jpeg.deb80bcd789543159fface14aaaddb34.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

I’ve sure some of you saw the viral video this week, of the Northern Territory pub owner  deterring a crocodile that was rushing towards him, by hitting it on the head with a frypan….Apparently, it had recently taken his dog, dumb blonde.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is 85 degrees here,I just returned from a 4 block walk.It felt so good to be outside.If I was in good health I would have been walking on the boardwalk gazing at the ocean .

How far are you from the boardwalk Lenny?  Do you see yourself being able to walk there at some point?

• Like 1

We have a lovely deep bath in our bathroom which is rarely used.  It certainly has come in handy though after my recent surgeries when I’ve had to keep my stitches and now cast dry.  I just have a nice soak with the cast hanging over side of the bath keeping dry.  
Back to work tomorrow and thankfully the cast is coming off on Thursday.

• Like 17

23 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Another cutie. Sorry to hear about Duchess and her 2 brothers.

23 hours ago, NHProud said:

Here’s ours ! 

B66C0559-E6D8-47FA-8923-7AC1A305FFC5.jpeg

The stick trees are interesting. What are they?

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

Annabel was taking a brief nap last night.

1558899879_Annabel6.thumb.jpeg.f0c31f7fec45eb2dad7bc66451fbd75b.jpeg

She is so adorable. Love how her paws are around her face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I’ve sure some of you saw the viral video this week, of the Northern Territory pub owner  deterring a crocodile that was rushing towards him, by hitting it on the head with a frypan….Apparently, it had recently taken his dog, dumb blonde.

I saw that on the news last night. Unbelievable! I didn’t know the crocodile had taken his dog. 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

How far are you from the boardwalk Lenny?  Do you see yourself being able to walk there at some point?

It is 9 minutes by car but it is not walkable.We have to go over two bridges.My daughter who lives near me is a teacher and is off for the summer.She already told me that she will put the walker in her car and take me places where I can walk.We have a beautiful park with a walking path.

My more immediate goals are to get to places in our condo development.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lenny, it’s great to hear that you are getting out for walks.

Thank you.We have a health club in our development that is open 24 hours a day.I want to start going there to exercise.I have not been in a gym for 2 1/2 years .I have been in PT for the Parkinsons but that is not the same thing as gym exercising.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just got home from a bike ride. While I was at the lighthouse a helicopter crash landed. I was watching it fly and iit seemed to be sightseeing. Suddenly it was getting very low and started heading toward land. Afer it got over grass it just dropped to the ground. One person aboard who walked away unhurt. I ran over to make sure he was ok.

Aside from that, the beaches are packed today.

That must have been scary. Glad to hear he was ok.

7 hours ago, akcruz said:

Yikes, how scary, glad he was OK.

Our big news here from yesterday, an 84 year old man was mowing his yard which was on a retention pond, gator came out and pulled him under.  A few hours later both were taken out of the water, gator was "humanely" destroyed 😪.

How sad.

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

In the clip the man said he would sometimes throw scraps down there. That’s a dumb idea and probably why the croc was there.

• Like 3