Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Lottie was enjoying time alone.....

image.thumb.png.1faea4ff6fca1de21eaa184cb16e7248.png

image.thumb.png.0f69970f1f247bf3e11fca7a2551e4d0.png

Kenzie thought she better check on her.......

image.thumb.png.f253df622993b21cbba3cc38543c1d64.png

image.thumb.png.0da69ee326531ac8942630077a296dee.png

Lottie tried to explain she was OK alone.....

image.thumb.png.385f3087747559aeaf01257136fe08f2.png

But Kenzie was not buying it and looked for help.....
image.thumb.png.da573758e9626c34038c99a711733e55.png

Lottie,  I am fine...
image.thumb.png.a05c4781774ba0d24c5af4a2db652528.png

image.thumb.png.e985d21ab500fb6c724aae1d77b2f749.png

Sorry Kenzie.......

image.thumb.png.d43a5c0d2d70020802d28ba126686bc7.png

Thank you! That was fun!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ozark_Kid, John, they're both so adorable 😍

Our first stop was Katakolon (Olympia). We've already visited once, so this time we took a bus (10 Euro pp return), which took us to Olympia, we had 2 hours to roam, and then back to the port. It was a very HOT day [actually, like all the other stops, but this one was with almost no shade].

We saw the site of the Olympic stadium

image.thumb.jpeg.4bda026dac9c980ff5e73a50b25a4ba0.jpeg

and other remains

image.thumb.jpeg.55548aaa0056ca69b678769da160bba0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.32fdae90f4736717af8bc5443e766b82.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ddcc36da9fee80406d64ac9b8a6c2a4f.jpeg

My daughter took some of the same pictures earlier this week. 
When I was there I jogged the length of the field so I could add myself to the Ancient Olympian list. Being ancient!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I think Santorini is my favorite place in the whole world. How was the crowd to get on the cable car going down. I have heard of massive crowds waiting forever to get on.

Last time it was awful. I think we were more than 2 hours in plain sunshine.

This time was much more reasonable -- less than an hour, for 2 reasons -- less ships in port and many were on ship excursion and given vouchers for the cable car [like us]. So instead of paying/counting cash/credit card/whatever, they just scanned our vouchers....

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I used a couple of those soft squeezy things that were given out a advertising. Like my Cabot cow. 
more interesting than a rubber ball!

I was answering a comment about Andy maybe playing cards to exercise his fingers!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

@Sea DogI can match your shoe lace/poop story.  I found last night that someone had caught, eaten and then partially regurgitated a mouse…inside the house!!! 😳🙀

I can match your mice story. We had a Lab that ate everything.She was very fast and good at catching things, including squirrels, which we would find in the house, sometimes only half a squirrel. I was able to stop her at the door and she swallowed the entire squirrel while we watched in horror. After eating her wide variety of "foods" she would usually vomit . One night my husband found a pile of vomit only to yell for me because she had eaten an entire family of mice. Closer inspection revealed that our teenage daughter had not closed their bathroom door and it was a pile of regurgitated used tampons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

We had a cat that caught a bird then did a meow and bird flew out of its mouth , took me a while to get the bird out of the house. 

Yikes. That's wild.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jade has started using her cat tree.

I just love that cat. Happy that she is getting adjusted and scaling new heights.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I don't think you can do this on an iPhone using the built-in tools.  You'll need a third-party app like Photoshop Express, Lightroom Mobile, or Facetune (or many others).  I mostly use LR and it has the ability to auto select the subject.  It does a very good job of this but you can also manually define the background, or edit what the app automatically selects.  Not as easy as an Android phone automatically knowing the subject from a pic in portrait mode, but you've got the full suite of selection and editing tools to adjust either the subject or the background in many ways.  Don't worry...Apple will put the black and white background ability into an iPhone software update soon and call it something new and different, showing how much more they innovate than Android. 🤣

I need to play around with that auto select. I wonder if the new iPhone 14 will have it?

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks,  I use a Samsung S21 Ultra.  I am still learning more about it.  My brother just tried it on a Samsung Note 9 and it didn't work.

That's what I was thinking you had. Very nice feature.

38 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Last time it was awful. I think we were more than 2 hours in plain sunshine.

This time was much more reasonable -- less than an hour, for 2 reasons -- less ships in port and many were on ship excursion and given vouchers for the cable car [like us]. So instead of paying/counting cash/credit card/whatever, they just scanned our vouchers....

I've heard so many horror stories. I get real nervous about making it back on the ship on time. I was there where other ways to get down from the cliff.

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Carnival folks laughing at us now. 

Big brawl on Navigators Royal Promenade🤣🤣

https://crew-center.com/brawl-breaks-out-navigator-seas

I showed Linda the video of Carnival and remarked glad we don't sail on Carnival, Royal is so much more civilized. I guess not. I sure hope they all got booked at the next stop.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yikes. That's wild.

I just love that cat. Happy that she is getting adjusted and scaling new heights.

I need to play around with that auto select. I wonder if the new iPhone 14 will have it?

That's what I was thinking you had. Very nice feature.

I've heard so many horror stories. I get real nervous about making it back on the ship on time. I was there where other ways to get down from the cliff.

I showed Linda the video of Carnival and remarked glad we don't sail on Carnival, Royal is so much more civilized. I guess not. I sure hope they all got booked at the next stop.

It really doesn't go anywhere 🤣🤣

Guessing Catalina and Ensenada 

At least the Carnival fight was over a 3-way

No idea on this one

Did the video work for you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Another stop we've been before and thoroughly enjoyed it was Santorini. We were pleasantly surprised to find 200$ OBC from Celebrity, and used 110$ to book the transfers through the ship.

Last time we relied on a private company for the transfers to Oia, and it took ages until they completely filled the boat. I didn't want to sit in an enclosed boat at this Covid time, and it turned out that it was a wise decision, since Celebrity took us through another route, we saw more of Santorini, and all the experience was better organized. Price wise -- private company -- 60 Euro + 12 Euro for the cable car, versus 110$ with Celebrity -- not a bad deal....

Look at the various colors --

image.thumb.jpeg.b9f40dc77ba7df290a22bc7c47f4d759.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.624635c82342bb6961e681cb9fac7e93.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f0830a1d12436f2ef17ae6bbaf4e7a43.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.50b55c3b8bb5aad9c2c7f677d6cd4a91.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fb270c698fcbe6a899b285045c75d64f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1a1cc6caf02a52ef461c2290aa8a5c63.jpeg

... and, our "dingy" is patiently waiting ...

image.thumb.jpeg.5ccc898a845960fb7c1490650f2ac4e8.jpeg

Amazing photos of Santorini Dani.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I can match your mice story. We had a Lab that ate everything.She was very fast and good at catching things, including squirrels, which we would find in the house, sometimes only half a squirrel. I was able to stop her at the door and she swallowed the entire squirrel while we watched in horror. After eating her wide variety of "foods" she would usually vomit . One night my husband found a pile of vomit only to yell for me because she had eaten an entire family of mice. Closer inspection revealed that our teenage daughter had not closed their bathroom door and it was a pile of regurgitated used tampons.

I think there needs to be another reaction, besides “thanks” “funny” and “like”.

Perhaps 🤢?

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

It really doesn't go anywhere 🤣🤣

Guessing Catalina and Ensenada 

At least the Carnival fight was over a 3-way

No idea on this one

Did the video work for you

Yes it did work for me. I heard it was all over a 3-way. Kinda made me laugh thinking "How is this going to end up?" If you find out any more info let us know. I love good gossip.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

We had a cat that caught a bird then did a meow and bird flew out of its mouth , took me a while to get the bird out of the house. 

We have had many birds caught and brought into the house.    The last bird Sparky caught  was flying circles in living room and dining and pooped all over my coffee table....Gross!     

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My daughter who is going on the cruise tomorrow went shopping for us and brought the food to our house.She said that her husband is going for skin cancer surgery later this month.I had no idea that he had the problem.

A few minutes after she left my Dermatologist called with the results of the  4 biopsies he took on Monday.Three were okay but the fourth is Squamous  cell Carcinoma.I have an appointment for a Consultation with the Surgeon on July 14.I have had this form of skin cancer before .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

EWWWWWW

1 minute ago, ownedbypets said:

Even with their gross behaviors they are worth it!

I don't expect to change (not everyone is meant to be a pet-owner/ parent), but it is evident how much you all love your pets!!

• Like 3

Wow...you guys are still going. 2,535 pages. Astounding. Haven't been on CC for a bit so figured this thread was still chugging away. Have to wonder....will this turn out to the longest ever on CC?  Will it go on for AS LONG as CC is even still here??!?!?!

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

I think there needs to be another reaction, besides “thanks” “funny” and “like”.

Perhaps 🤢?

I realized that didn’t sound quite as tongue in cheek as I had intended. 
Confession: my temporary dog eats jackrabbit poop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1