Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Finally reached the land of sub-$4.50 a gallon of gas. In Shenandoah valley in Virginia. 

20220730_130224.jpg

It will be about a dollar cheaper when you get to Texas.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Poachers still abound on the Africa continent. 
When I was in Kenya we came across an elephant that had been shot several times and the poor thing’s head was mutilated where they cut the tusks out. 
The various governments are struggling to contain poachers, but it’s difficult. 
I agree that well run zoos are important. 
Our zoo in Jacksonville is a breeding zoo that is one of many working to maintain threatened species. 
The animals’ compounds are as natural as possible, with room to roam, climb, wallow in mud and swim. 
Generations of children have loved  these animals and hopefully will grow up having empathy for living creatures. 
No, a zoo can’t replicate their lives in the wild, but it can protect them, keep them healthy, and keep them from being killed for their tusks or horns. 
The number of offspring in our local zoo and zoos all over the world is to me a hopeful sign. 

the dolphin encounter that I recommended in Roatan is also a research center for dolphins, you used to sit thru a short movie showing what they did before the encounter.

• Like 6

Good evening.

We have been out all day.

We had lunch at a nice garden centre and later we went to see the Darwin house.

A true story TV series was made about the Darwin's.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220730_171823.jpg

Screenshot_20220730_171846.jpg

IMG_20220730_125603.jpg

IMG-20220730-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20220730_162232.jpg

• Like 15

Mom may be in her retirement home recovering from her hip replacement but I went and picked up her new car for her. We know that it will be easier for her to get in and out of VS our SUVs. She will like it more than the medical van transfer that gave her motion sickness. She ordered it in December and it came in about 2 weeks ago. It has been redesigned so that certainly helped in further delays. She will thoroughly enjoy it when she is able to drive again. 

680E54E0-84AF-4008-B077-A1FF348D0710.thumb.jpeg.f76ffd577e1cfe5e8f06c598f23b8263.jpeg

The touch screen is like an IPad 12 ProMax. 

17C5A8B0-18EE-4BDF-8A5F-ABFC92B3EE3B.thumb.jpeg.0a706bf9f702c378ece6bb68b0c03cfc.jpeg

• Like 27

I also this at the dealership. I showed Owen this photo and said it was grandma’s new car, and he laughed at me. 

It has been called The Green Beast, The Green Hell and the Beast of Green Hell etc... This was ordered in by a client and will soon be delivered. 

EAD3790A-5180-4434-8C1C-A4F22FAEBFCF.thumb.jpeg.f925aedcab9c6ecc86375d07fdeb333c.jpeg

It’s basically a track car for the street. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

but I went and picked up her new car for her. We know that it will be easier for her to get in and out of VS our SUVs.

Very, very nice. I'm sure she will love it. I know I would.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Mom may be in her retirement home recovering from her hip replacement but I went and picked up her new car for her. We know that it will be easier for her to get in and out of VS our SUVs. She will like it more than the medical van transfer that gave her motion sickness. She ordered it in December and it came in about 2 weeks ago. It has been redesigned so that certainly helped in further delays. She will thoroughly enjoy it when she is able to drive again. 

680E54E0-84AF-4008-B077-A1FF348D0710.thumb.jpeg.f76ffd577e1cfe5e8f06c598f23b8263.jpeg

The touch screen is like an IPad 12 ProMax. 

17C5A8B0-18EE-4BDF-8A5F-ABFC92B3EE3B.thumb.jpeg.0a706bf9f702c378ece6bb68b0c03cfc.jpeg

Wow what a fabulous car.

Looks like a Mercedes.

Delighted for your dear mam Andrew.

Graham 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Morning trip to Total Wine was a success....

Fantastic. Let me know what you think? It's a high proof with a little bite on the front end but a couple drops of water will smooth it out real nice. I hope you enjoy it. Cheers!

• Like 4

Our refuge just posted a very interesting video on F-----book about enrichment and training of our ambassadors. I am not sure how to link it but if anyone is interested just look up Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge on the social media site referenced and you can see it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hats off to Dawn for her work and patience. Wondering what are the treats she's giving them 😟

She gives Loxy the fox cat liver treats.  Rose the raccoon gets grapes and Riley (who is now retired) gets small pieces of carrot.  I am not sure what she gives KT the squirrel but he likes mango best.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Greg-Your post about Nearest Green and Jack Daniels reminded me of a radio personality that we used to listen to on WOR 710 AM. Paul Harvey would relate a human interest story that may have been familiar to many listeners. Then, he would conclude with little known background facts relating to the story and sign off with the phrase - “And now you know the rest of the story !”.

So, now we know the rest of the story of those two gentlemen !

Interesting,as I didn’t know that Jack Daniels was a real person and not just a brand name for a whiskey

Debbie- Pleased for you that you had such an enjoyable send-off !

Wishing you success and pleasant co-workers at your new job!

Lenny- Enjoy the party! It is a beautiful day here in Eastern LI. I am enjoying the breezes on our screened porch.Hoping you are outside celebrating with the birthday pooch !

Wishing everyone an enjoyable day !

MJ🙋🏻

We were outside from 12 to 3 and then inside as it was too hot to be out.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congrats to the winners!  I've read similar stories about winners being inundated with all sorts of unwanted requests, sob stories, media attention, phone calls, etc.  I'd put the winnings in a trust and pay a trustworthy lawyer to be the trustee.  With that amount of money at my disposal, I'd be willing to pay quite a bit for anonymity.  Someone who wanted to know badly enough would probably find me anyway.  Maybe I could buy Taylor's house and hide there??  I hear that Rhode Island is nice. 😁

Ri is a beautiful state.I was there quite often for my last job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

She's a beauty!  I bet your Mom is so looking forward to getting behind the wheel of her new ride!

How is Owen doing with his wrist and arm?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Cash payoff on the 1 Billion, is $600,000,000.....other $400,000,000 goes to taxes.

400 million might be the amortization.

Oops, already explained 

Apologies

Edited by John&LaLa

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very different experience at a "true" zoo these days. They try very hard to replicate the native environment of the animal. The cages are long gone.

I'm happy to know most aren't caged as they were years ago.

• Like 5