Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wouldn't want to be the people that are flying in for the WC with all the luggage they will need for 274 days.   Guess it would be better for them to ship their luggage.

That is an option. No details yet

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wouldn't want to be the people that are flying in for the WC with all the luggage they will need for 274 days.   Guess it would be better for them to ship their luggage.

I saw a UPS ad on FB yesterday advertising shipping luggage with them and avoiding the airlines. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorrentos is a lot better than many of the pizza parlors I have dined in during the years I worked in Manhattan.

Staten Island has the best pizzas and Italian food IMO,   SI has the best food Island wise

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I saw a UPS ad on FB yesterday advertising shipping luggage with them and avoiding the airlines. 

Excellent idea.  Sad, that people may have to resort to doing just that for a long cruise, but would definitely be worth it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

I haven't tried it, but I have no great interest in doing so, either.  From what others have said and the various videos and photos I've seen, it just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

If it were free, I might try it once, but even with the D+ BOGO offer, it just doesn't call to me.  

I would say it was not my cup of tea either when I looked at pictures and videos. And it was DEFINITELY not my cup of tea after trying it. But you never know till you try it yourself. So I would not discourage anyone from trying it especially if they have a D+ offer to spare.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We’re at a Texas Rangers baseball game tonight.

0F2120C7-E874-4C73-909C-E5A4EDCB1714.thumb.jpeg.044e87d9c987420d6fbd87081f1d53d2.jpeg

96E90E64-1FDA-4715-939F-11773825E8D0.thumb.jpeg.1e4ee1d78fc05b4e75dba62be66ee16a.jpeg

I haven’t been there yet but planning to in October when Yankees visit. By the way a bobcat just walked by our living room window, haven’t seen one recently.

• Like 5

Our heat wave ended on Thursday and we are having a beautiful weekend.  Perfect weather on my opinion.  80f with light breeze.   I mowed part of lawn yesterday as it was needed in some areas.   

Got out the ladder this morning and picked the last of the peaches.  Plan on making peach cobbler or peach crumbles later today.

I'm making of a big pot of meatballs and sausage now with homemade sauce from our Amish paste tomatoes and will add some zucchini and eggplant from our garden.   Smells soo good!

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We have shipped luggage via Fedex. They take it is as and attach tags on it directly or they can cover it with a carton made for luggage.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I would say it was not my cup of tea either when I looked at pictures and videos. And it was DEFINITELY not my cup of tea after trying it. But you never know till you try it yourself. So I would not discourage anyone from trying it especially if they have a D+ offer to spare.

We tried it and liked it...both the food and the presentation.  We're adventurous eaters though.  That said, Wonderland is probably one and done for us.  Glad we did it, don't need to do it again.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We tried it and liked it...both the food and the presentation.  We're adventurous eaters though.  That said, Wonderland is probably one and done for us.  Glad we did it, don't need to do it again.

My niece and her family totally loved Wonderland on very recent symphony cruise , it was there first cruise for most of them. We will try it November 2023 on harmony, haven’t yet sailed on a ship that offered that  . 

• Like 3

Just now, George C said:

My niece and her family totally loved Wonderland on very recent symphony cruise , it was there first cruise for most of them. We will try it November 2023 on harmony, haven’t yet sailed on a ship that offered that  . 

The only negative MIGHT be whoever is playing the Mad Hatter role.  The guy that we had was even more over the top than Johnny Depp.  Mostly entertaining, but also a little creepy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I don't disagree with this statement. It seems like for every really good pizza place, there is at least one not-so-good. I won't say bad as I don't think I've every had a bad slice. Except in High School where they tried to pass off a piece of cardboard with a hint of ketchup & some cheese-like material as pizza. 😉

Surprisingly, the "99 cent Fresh Pizza" slice joints are better than expect as long as you don't mind standing at a counter or eating it on the run. Which is what I usually would do as I race to get on the last train out of Grand Central.  They've been around for 10-15 years at least and just recently upped the price to a $1.25 a slice due to - what else -  inflation and supply chain issues. Haven't changed the name however.  They have handwritten sign by the register saying the price increase is "temporary".  haha. We'll see about that.

Pizza sold in BJ’s in LI prior to the pandemic tasted like cardboard with ketchup.I cannot recall the last time I boarded a train at Grand Center or ate pizza in that area.The majority of the years I worked in Manhattan were in the Union Square area where there were many bad pizza places.

12 hours ago, George C said:

I have no idea of what pizza places you tried ,I can tell you n pizza places I have ever tried in Brooklyn are way better than rccl.  Most pizza in Dallas are way better than rccl and of course those in Italy are way better but you are not Italian and never been to Italy. 

I am not Italian but my Godfather was and he took me for pizza many times when I was young.
For 25 years I worked for a company where between 95 to 99 percent of the employees were Italian and over the years I went out with them on work days as well as weekends and very often for pizza.I have never been In Italy or Dallas but I have been to about 10 cities in Texas and the only city where I found great pizza was in Houston and the owners were from the Bronx.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Staten Island has the best pizzas and Italian food IMO,   SI has the best food Island wise

Joe and Pats is my favorite!  Deninos and Jimmie Max are up there also.  We do have some great Italian restaurants and recently two new ones opened.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We will eat at Wonderland for the first time on Symphony this September. Looking forward to it as we have the UDP. My review will be on the UDP so I hope they do a good job for us.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I have had a lot of SI pizza.I worked there in the summer of 1959 and when my kids were young we would often go to the SI zoo,Richmond Restoration and Clove Lake Park.Having pizza on those days was always included in our day.

My late brother in law used to drive often from Canarsie to an Italian restaurant in SI for dinner and frequently took me with him .I cannot recall the name.

Toby and I were members of a Senior Travel club from 2015 to 2019.

Many of the tours were conducted by a guy who had a radio show in NYC who discussed among other things the great NYC restaurants.Whenever we were on a tour led by him that was in NJ or SI he always took us to an Italian restaurant on Forest Ave.The food was always great there.

My 2 favorite Italian restaurants of all time are Rao’s in Manhattan and Buon Amici in White Plains.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Joe and Pats is my favorite!  Deninos and Jimmie Max are up there also.  We do have some great Italian restaurants and recently two new ones opened.  

Joe and Pats which I previously posted about previously is a place that I have eaten in many times and never had anything bad there.

Back to Brooklyn,other favorites of mine were Lenny and John’s and Spumoni Gardens.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Ours also "failed" the 1st test... "Le bébé est sourd" [your baby is deaf] the nurses told me.

And I, with the assurance of a first time mother, replied straight faced: "No way, my baby is perfect".

He passed the 2nd test with flying colors 😁

I have a book to recommend to you ,Dani.By The Grace of the Game by Dan Grunfeld.It is about his 96 year old grandmother who is a Holocaust survivor from Romania.My children bought the book for me because of my fathers close friend who was a survivor from Romania as I previously mentioned to you. I just began reading it this morning but it is very good so far.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Since you're probably familiar with the area, New City Pizza and Rocco's also in New City are the best for pizza IMHO.  Food, of course, is subjective but I can't see Sorrento's on a cruise ship ever coming close in texture and taste.

I have had great pizza in many places in North America.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We will eat at Wonderland for the first time on Symphony this September. Looking forward to it as we have the UDP. My review will be on the UDP so I hope they do a good job for us.

Looking forward to your review on UDP , I doubt I will sail rccl without it , loved it on allure.

• Like 2

Just now, George C said:

Looking forward to your review on UDP , I doubt I will sail rccl without it , loved it on allure.

Yes I think I will love it Linda maybe not. Sure is not an adventurous eater. She said she is up for the challenge but she doesn't eat seafood so I will have to check about what she can eat.

• Like 3