Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Busy days ahead of our first time vacation abroad with the grandsons....

Our in-laws are currently renovating and updating their old three stories house, and moved in with our son and DIL 😕

It means that our son prefers to travel to us and spend here his days working, while we get to have "quality time" with our grandsons. Tiring and rewarding at the same time.

It also means that we have our in-laws for the WE lunch/dinner at our home.

Today DH preferred to cook an easy meal, which didn't necessitate many side dishes -- a salad and meat lasagna, followed by water melon and the rest of my fudge chocolate cake from the previous WE...

image.thumb.jpeg.f73fb78cca2df23ad1a2f798c64eef7c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ead2709686df2f47804de252f7b7829a.jpeg

Yum!!!!!  I love lasagna!  My Mom always made it for my birthday every year!

• Like 2

My mom used to make it for my older daughter’s  birthday also. I haven’t been able to make it since she was killed.  lasagna and artichokes were her specialty, along with her meatballs and sauce.  Strangely, I can do the meatballs and sauce but the lasagna just makes me sad😢

• Like 7

Our long term 90yo neighbour knocked on our door a few weeks ago and asked DH if he could fix the fence as it was leaning over.  The section that had the lean was hidden behind some banana trees on our side so we hadn’t noticed it.  DH is not handy and it took ages to find someone. Our usual guy has retired due to health issues and because of all the rain in recent times the handyman in our area were all swamped with work.  The guy who we eventually got did a decent job but he liked to chat (a lot).  
The  fence itself was built about ten years ago and at that time our neighbour could not afford to contribute.  We could, so we paid for it. After fixing the  lean, it  Took a while for the handyman to issue the invoice.  Our neighbour followed up with DH a couple of times to see whether the invoice was in.  DH had never mentioned to him again paying for the original fence but the neighbour had remembered and he wanted to pay his share promptly this time  as he was so grateful for DH helping him out financially back then.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My mom used to make it for my older daughter’s  birthday also. I haven’t been able to make it since she was killed.  lasagna and artichokes were her specialty, along with her meatballs and sauce.  Strangely, I can do the meatballs and sauce but the lasagna just makes me sad😢

I feel so bad for you. Hopefully with time you will be able to make it as a tribute to your mom to honor her memory.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Food creates so many memories for us, happy and sad.  I am sorry to read this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

😢

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@helen haywood this is an adorable photo

9F67154E-50A7-4554-8BBA-0068F5035ABF.jpeg

It’s so nice to see them friends now.  When I got Minnie (black cat) as a kitten to fill in the void left by a shelter cat I adopted the same time as Diana…who died suddenly after only having her for three months…😭…Minnie wanted to play with Diana who wanted nothing to do with her…hissed, swatted, avoided.  However about a month later…close friends.

Obviously when Diana warms up to a cat she is very nurturing.  The black and orange cat is Tenzing who died in 2020.

655F4761-DFD4-47C8-A17A-9FFF5C3C33DB.jpeg

155C7721-8F19-407D-8921-659259B5B24F.jpeg

5DCE9E77-CFE5-4DE9-A03C-9B209AD34E3C.jpeg

B76289B5-CC71-43E1-B6EA-9C6C1560B849.jpeg

DD00FEED-F781-44E8-9BF4-4EB67F0009F2.jpeg

1242E1A1-DDDD-4EEF-8782-CF6E1BE6A475.jpeg

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 19

Health update I am almost back to normal still have stuffy headaches. Wife is still struggling with her health issues it might take a while. Grandkids are perfectly fine. Oldest daughter and son in law are much better. So out of the 7 of us that went on the cruise 6 got covid. Youngest daughter escaped getting it because she does not live with the 6 of us. We have not seen her since Sunday. She had covid late June maybe that helped her not get it again. First day of school is the 29th so hopefully the kids test negative for back to school.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow! I just looked him up and watched some of his you tube videos. What an incredible musician. I'm sorry he passed away. At least his music is here to stay forever.

Several of my family were musicians, I am definitely not one of them even though I took lessons on several different instruments. When he got married for the second time it was in a very large loft in Manhattan and several of his musicians friends played during the party it was fantastic and it was my wife’s first trip to New York City (actually we were not yet engaged)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes drummers have sheet music too. The chart shows me all the brass rhythms that I will sometimes accent or do a fill as as a setup. 

I know nothing about playing the drums but they intrigue me.  Now that you explained that drummers have sheet music, what about that performance by Neil Peart that @bobmaclibertyposted?  Did he use some sort of guide, or do you think he make that up as he went along? 

Edited by derorim
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, derorim said:

I know nothing about playing the drums but they intrigue me.  Now that you explained that drummers have sheet music, what about that performance by Neil Peart that @bobmaclibertyposted?  Did he use some sort of guide, or do you think he make that up as he went along? 

Im trying to remember what Bob posted. I think it was a solo. Most drum solos are improvised. But all of us drummers have a internal library in our brains of so called “licks” and patterns. The key to a great solo are organizing those licks and patterns into a story. It’s hard to do. Some professional drummers will develop a solo for a tour and repeat some of the same elements in every concert.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, derorim said:

I've played the drums for years and can't read music. I agree with @Sea Dog . Post #69557. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You've got talent!  If we ever form a Cruise Critic band, we know who our drummer will be.  Me?  I'll manage the lights and sound.  I'll leave the instruments to people with musical talent.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'd love to be part of the band. 

I can be, um, maybe the ticket taker? Show people to their seats? Part of the stage crew? Or a gopher? You know...go fer coffee...go fetch lunch, etc. That's kinda my specialty.

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The Kruising Krakens

I was going to suggest "Sea Dog and the Kruising Krakens" but he may be too humble to take top billing so Kruising Kraken it is.  I can hardly wait until they release their first song: "Dancing in the Minefields".

• Like 1
  • Haha 13