Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@sunshine3601 The Windjammer was only open on one side most days even with the crowds.  The MDR seemed pretty well staffed though.  I also noticed not enough crew just checking on things, especially with some of the antics of this group.  Pool area had a lot of wandering little ones.

• Like 3

Good evening

A little excitement just a mere 10miles south of where we live in a city called Boardman Ohio.

We had storms roll through around 6 pm. and now the news is reporting a small tornado touched down at the Southern Park Mall.  One building not attached but near, had small part of roof blown off.

No injuries.

Now Mahoning and Trumbull county under a flood watch, more rain coming.

Take care

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are correct. That is why, I feel, people who choose home births are out of their heads. When things go wrong with births it often happens fast and with little warning. I cannot fathom why someone would want to risk a baby by intentionally delivering at home.

When I was pregnant with my first child, I mentioned that I was planning on having a Natural childbirth.  My FIL got very agitated with me, since he thought I was talking about having a home birth😜.  (I did deliver all 3 girls natural, with the 2nd pregnancy being our twin daughters)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is great to hear Ryan as well as Jack are doing much better.   Has his endo arranged for the family to meet with a dietician that specializes with diabetics?  It really helped my Mom with meal planning when she became a diabetic in her late 70s.  

Thank you, Debbie.  So far, they've only met with the endocrinologist and her staff for 2 very lengthy meetings last week.

39 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Pool area had a lot of wandering little ones.

That is frightening!  What is wrong with some parents??

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good evening

A little excitement just a mere 10miles south of where we live in a city called Boardman Ohio.

We had storms roll through around 6 pm. and now the news is reporting a small tornado touched down at the Southern Park Mall.  One building not attached but near, had small part of roof blown off.

No injuries.

Now Mahoning and Trumbull county under a flood watch, more rain coming.

Take care

Stay safe, Sue!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is nothing like a true bartender who takes pride in the drinks that he/she crafts. I was fortunate to find that on both of my past Allure cruises in the Champagne lounge. However, I think being on reduced capacity cruises where the bartenders are not rushed played a role in it.

This is so true. I had the good fortune to get to know some real craft bartenders. It really is an art form. I've gotten to the point where when I am on board I can spot the really good ones and I will make it a point to seek them out have them make me something and tip really well. You can easily tell the ones who love their jobs. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I got the S21 Ultra over 1 1/2 years ago.  You are going to love the camera.  The 10x lens is a big plus.  No matter how many videos you watch you will be finding new features even a year from now.  Let us know how you like it after getting somewhat used to it.

Thanks for the heads up.

I've been using the Note 8 since 2017 so I have a steep learning curve on various changes that have transpired in the last 5 years. Think I'm at the old man stage where I prefer "the status quo" versus constant changes. 

I don't mind faster and newer features but changing the OS and asking "Why can't I do this anymore on this phone?" is more frustrating. Most of the phone apps transferred over from the old phone but none of the access did.  So spent good deal of yesterday and today trying to log in all the apps and typing in wrong passwords from what I originally set 5 years ago and now have to do bunch of password re-sets and two step authentication to log in again.

Just need to to get through the grind of setting up a new device before I can enjoy a new device.

Originally I was bummed that I didn't get this upgrade deal prior to my Alaska cruise last month as the new camera would have captured  better pictures but now I'm glad in doing the upgrade now.  I would be more confused and frustrated with the new phone while on vacation trying to deal with the new functionality.

Just an old dude too comfortable in the old way and resisting changes...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

Originally I was bummed that I didn't get this upgrade deal prior to my Alaska cruise last month as the new camera would have captured  better pictures but now I'm glad in doing the upgrade now. 

I really enjoyed it on the Alaska cruise but you would of been frustrated trying to figure it all out before the cruise.   The first day or two I was taking all of these zoomed snowcapped mountain pics later to find out we were much closer  y the 3rd day. 😆  I don't know if it was an app upgrade but this summer I learned that you can do neat adjustments to the background when you take the pic in portrait mode.  Check it out if you haven't already. 

7 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

Thanks for the heads up.

I've been using the Note 8 since 2017 so I have a steep learning curve on various changes that have transpired in the last 5 years. Think I'm at the old man stage where I prefer "the status quo" versus constant changes. 

I don't mind faster and newer features but changing the OS and asking "Why can't I do this anymore on this phone?" is more frustrating. Most of the phone apps transferred over from the old phone but none of the access did.  So spent good deal of yesterday and today trying to log in all the apps and typing in wrong passwords from what I originally set 5 years ago and now have to do bunch of password re-sets and two step authentication to log in again.

Just need to to get through the grind of setting up a new device before I can enjoy a new device.

Originally I was bummed that I didn't get this upgrade deal prior to my Alaska cruise last month as the new camera would have captured  better pictures but now I'm glad in doing the upgrade now.  I would be more confused and frustrated with the new phone while on vacation trying to deal with the new functionality.

Just an old dude too comfortable in the old way and resisting changes...

The beginning of this year I upgraded from an S8, that I really liked, to an S22 and never looked back. I think you are going to really like your new phone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I really enjoyed it on the Alaska cruise but you would of been frustrated trying to figure it all out before the cruise.   The first day or two I was taking all of these zoomed snowcapped mountain pics later to find out we were much closer  y the 3rd day. 😆  I don't know if it was an app upgrade but this summer I learned that you can do neat adjustments to the background when you take the pic in portrait mode.  Check it out if you haven't already. 

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The beginning of this year I upgraded from an S8, that I really liked, to an S22 and never looked back. I think you are going to really like your new phone.

Thanks guys for the pointers and first hand knowledge.  

Logically I know new and improved is just that - it will make things better.  I will just need to take a deep breath and grind my way through the steep learning curve.  

My next cruise isn't until Christmas 2023 when Ken and I will be chilling on the Odyssey of the Seas in the southern Caribbean so hopefully by then I will know which camera is which on the phone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You are correct. That is why, I feel, people who choose home births are out of their heads. When things go wrong with births it often happens fast and with little warning. I cannot fathom why someone would want to risk a baby by intentionally delivering at home.

I participated in an online forum of people all due in January 2000, and one of the gals in the group was doing a home waterbirth.  She also was anti-vax, and intentionally got her daughter infected with chicken pox as a preschooler.  Our kids are all 22yo now, and she's still as bat guano crazy as she was back then!  

• Like 3

I'm LOLing at the various phone upgrade stories. 

I *finally* convinced my surrogate parents to upgrade their phones last month.  Dad embraces new tech, but not Mom, and as we all know, "happy wife, happy life," so they were still using their Samsung Galaxy S2 phones, which use the 3G towers that are being deactivated next year.  

Since I was going to be staying with Mom and Dad while I worked in Michigan in August and September (so I'd be available to help with tech support), I figured it was the best time to get them switched over from hammer-and-chisel Flintstone-era phones to something that is a bit more reliable.  Got them switched over to Motorola G 5G phones, and also switched them from Verizon at $130/month for two phones, to Google Fi at $45/month for two phones. 

Every week when I go back, Dad has a big smile and something else to tell me that he learned how to do on his new phone.   Mom is just happy that she was able to figure out how to put her contacts into the phone (something she never figured out on her old phone).  She knows how to make phone calls and get to Facebook and FB Messenger -- and that's literally the ONLY things she uses her cell phone for, and she's perfectly okay with that.  

These should be the last phones they'll ever have to buy. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn

Debbie, good thing that Sue now knows how you look 😘 . 

It helped me "apprehend" Sue on our cruise. Since she got an upgrade in the last moment [and I didn't know her new cabin #], on the first sea day I've positioned myself in a "strategic" place and started looking for Sue&Gary.... Sure enough, after an hour [or two], someone looking like Gary passed me. I called politely "Gary" ?, then louder, but turns out he's not so strong in the hearing department, like my DH. So I started running after him.... caught up, he looked at me strangely [guess he didn't get the memo about me...] and I said: "I'm Dani, looking for Sue" !!! "Ah", he said, "she's not far..."  Found Sue soaking up the sun, and Gary said: "Look what I brought you"... [along the lines of "look what the cat brought you"??? 😉]. Happy connecting all around 🌷

@Luckynana Maryann, congratulations all around 💐

@DaniDanielle Marietta, so glad you all had a good time, and your daughter and her kids experienced a "change of atmosphere".

It was so great meeting you. We had several lovely chats with you and your DH. 

Looking forward to meeting Debbie and Eric after chatting for two years on your great thread that brings us all together. 

Unhappily I'm not doing the Bella cruise so this is a good alternative. 

Anyone else who fancies it,  it's a great itinerary and a good price 

Sept 2023 from Tampa to the ABCs and coco cay, ending up in Boston 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

She was, especially that the kids had so much fun. RJ ziplined  and did the Abyss slide.  He did it for his dad, even though he was really scared at the zipline.

❤so pleased for you, your daughter and grandchildren that they had a good time together after the awful last few months. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, akcruz said:

Congratulations,  glad to hear all is well now, amazing how many things can happen with little ones.

So true, so many births seem to have complications. Just so pleased they were in hospital where they had excellent care . 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations on the birth of Baba.    I am sure that was very scary for all.    So happy to hear that everything is okay now and the sweet baby is able to go home.   🥰 Look forward to your pictures.    

Thank you Debbie, little Theo is home now. Their crazy pup has quietened right down and is being gently interested in her new 'brother'IMG-20220904-WA0020.thumb.jpg.60bcd373b25f49ee1a653bd2328c16d6.jpg

• Like 27

I have been following a Sydney couple for the past three weeks who have been on a scenic road trip from Sydney to Adelaide including the Great Ocean Road.  A trip DH and I did many years ago. 

Today, they posted photos of the painted silos they saw on their trip.  I believe you have something similar in the US but I thought you would enjoy these (shared with permission).

Kangaroo & Glossy Black Cockatoos at Kingscote on Kangaroo Island in South Australia.
2F26A662-31E4-459A-924E-5962EA2C2CF9.thumb.png.bb45427ac4000e184c5c6cbc7269e6fa.png

Squirrel Glider & Azure Kingfisher in Rochester, Victoria 

984E622D-A48B-4340-82AA-A9DCAB6B463D.thumb.jpeg.cd2e40c316c0d2f62811014962e44c3f.jpeg

A Superb Parrott in Picola, Victoria F5B1507B-DB0F-48A1-90D1-35CB58BC6CFA.thumb.png.e19308fd112c819fe4a8543f230cc105.png

A platypus in Rochester, Victoria 

2339E92C-90D8-4079-9595-104EF8F55E66.thumb.png.942f8f6a59beeeb27a8557df2ee0460a.png

The Australian Silo Art Trail is on my bucket list.  Something I plan to see in the future.

(don’t think I am permitted by cc to mention the account to give them credit)

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Here's a couple of pics of little Theodore (Theo) 💕

First few in hospital and the last pic at home this morning

IMG-20220902-WA0019.thumb.jpg.4d9bad4efab8271f109bb800ac9d797d.jpg

IMG-20220904-WA0014.thumb.jpg.68143b26aea1c69f997128d91dd30605.jpg

IMG-20220905-WA0000.thumb.jpg.33e356531ed8429dc86fa2c57cbc02e2.jpg

Welcome to the world Theo.  Beautiful photos, Sue.  You are just bursting with happiness in that photo. With such attractive parents, I am sure Theo will be a handsome little fellow.  Congratulations to you all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Some people here talk to each other via email or FB (or something else).  Helps to keep people informed in such a situation.

@Ozark_Kid & @Ocean Boy 

That  👍

59 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Welcome to the world Theo.  Beautiful photos, Sue.  You are just bursting with happiness in that photo. With such attractive parents, I am sure Theo will be a handsome little fellow.  Congratulations to you all.

@sgmn  and  That  👍

Just received a new pic of Lichy, my "step-cat" 😘

image.thumb.jpeg.bafee6e107a2754a4861f8055a2da3af.jpeg

• Like 21