Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have had some great Kimmelweck sandwiches and we have had some horrible ones. The last few were very full of gristle so I quit getting them.

Years ago I think they were actually pretty good and then overtime they’ve just become not good.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Will do Andrew.

You probably know but others may not, Delabole is close to Port Isaac which has two claims to fame.  One is it's the village used in the Dr Martin TV  series. (Last ever series has just started on TV)

And two its the home of the singing sensations 'Fisherman Friends' of whome a feel good film was made in 2019. A sequel has been made but its not meant to be so good

https://thefishermansfriends.com/meetthebouys

I didn’t know about the Singing Fisherman but just read up on them. Sad to read about the two that died in an accident. 

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Were actually staying on the other coast in an area called The Roseland Peninsula.  Its where my mother lived as a child and is close to St Mawes in one direction and Truro and Mevagissey (where my uncle was a fishermen) in the other. 

We will go to the Atlantic side though, to Perranporth where my Grandmother lived, I love the big waves on that coast 

We travelled along your side of Cornwall as well. We didn’t hit St Mawes but we did all the other locations you mentioned. I remember Mevagissey very well for its hustle and bustle.  

In looking at Google Earth it would be nice to go back one day. Hard to believe that trip was close to 40 years ago.

• Like 2

So yesterday I had my yearly physical.

A few bumps in the road,  but over all my progress is doing quite well.

Our doctor is very pro-active, and listens when you talk.

We are new to his practice since our previous doctor retired after 35+ years of practice

And this was our second time seeing him.

My 15 min. block turned into one hour due to my questions and a minor adjustment in meds.

To begin with he is very cost conscious.

And I am due for routine maintenance......  blood work, colonoscopy, mammogram, old ladies bone scan.

Some this year and the biggies next year.

He said to just schedule everything early January, but no later than February and this way you will meet your deductible for next year, since this year is coming to a close.

I am impressed----- his father and brother are also doctors, and his dad is soon to retire.

Being in the health care system, (spouse) still is, you can evaluate the performance and decide who you want to manage your care. 

We hope to grow old with him.

I am one of those people with what they call "white coat syndrome"  When I first get to the office and they check my BP it has been known to attract much attention.  Well yesterday I did not disappoint them.  It was 178/94.

Yup, I was not going anywhere.

When my appointment was coming to a finish a re-check was performed of my BP

How does 134/84 sound.

Now he too is a believer. The BP was just my of showing him how thrilled I was to be there.

But I do trak my BP's at home

Ok have a safe day

Big bad storms are predicted to be headed our way, and power is already out in parts of Trumbull county.........................cannot figure that one out, it must be a dry run for the storms later, it has just been a light rain so far.

• Like 12

Good Morning from Cozumel. Just finished breakfast in MDR and ready for a great day at Nachi Cocum. With all this talk about food I have so much to tell you about for my as if review starting this weekend.

2A1F796B-B6EE-4B45-8596-25CBD39F67D8.thumb.jpeg.583c30f9e9a90bc54c09034207a77d72.jpeg

on another note with everyone talking about Sorrento’s. I finally had some late last night. Honestly not a fan more details to come.

• Like 27

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are getting an early start to pick up candy for Halloween. Anyone else notice how much candy prices are up?

D8DEC14C-40A7-4ECD-9AF9-1C16E9582CDC.thumb.jpeg.96a6e3ee0fa19779e7ac1b4de22f998b.jpeg

I just hope we don’t eat it all before then..

That's a lot of Candy, how many Trick or Treaters do you get each year?

What's up with the pick-up fee? When we were picking up food during Covid we just gave them a tip when putting it in our car.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh, those fabulous NJ diners!  No visit to NJ is complete without eating in a diner.  I think we've eaten in just about every diner in Bergen County.  When we lived in Rockland County, we had quite a few but The Park Ridge diner in NJ was our go to place for a great meal.  Second best was the Blauvelt diner less than 10 minutes from where we lived.  Nanuet diner when shopping at the mall.  

@HBE4, know what I'm talking about?

I know all those places you've mentioned, having visited them for lunch, dinner and late night after drinking grub over the years.  I believe Blavelt diner is now a Chinese restaurant.

I'd also like to give an honorable mention to New City Diner and Hogan's Diner.  New City Diner - oddly not located in the town of New City but in the next town over Bardonia - was famous for their menus that was as thick as War & Peace and took just as long to read.  Hogans Diner may have been before your time in Rockland, was located where the current Palisades Center Mall is. Back in my irresponsible youth days, it was a major place to stop on a Friday or Saturday night (or early Sunday morning) to "sober up" before heading home. Back then, NJ legal drinking age was higher & it's bars closed earlier then NY so there was always an influx of late night party people coming across the border & they stop at Hogans before traveling back to NJ so it'd always be packed during the overnight hours with half the parking lot cars having NJ license plates. There were actually several Hogan Diners, each owns & run by a different family member, but the "real" Hogan's - officially Jane Hogans Diner - was in West Nyack.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm with you... I'd eat almost anything over White Castle tried it twice just in case the first time was a mistake.  Give me In N Out any day of the week.  I can't for the life me understand people fascination with those tasteless little burgers.

Or an A&W Burger. 👍

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Good Morning from Cozumel. Just finished breakfast in MDR and ready for a great day at Nachi Cocum. With all this talk about food I have so much to tell you about for my as if review starting this weekend.

2A1F796B-B6EE-4B45-8596-25CBD39F67D8.thumb.jpeg.583c30f9e9a90bc54c09034207a77d72.jpeg

on another note with everyone talking about Sorrento’s. I finally had some late last night. Honestly not a fan more details to come.

I can't wait for your review but sad it will mean your cruise is over.  Carry on and continue to enjoy.

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I know all those places you've mentioned, having visited them for lunch, dinner and late night after drinking grub over the years.  I believe Blavelt diner is now a Chinese restaurant.

I'd also like to give an honorable mention to New City Diner and Hogan's Diner.  New City Diner - oddly not located in the town of New City but in the next town over Bardonia - was famous for their menus that was as thick as War & Peace and took just as long to read.  Hogans Diner may have been before your time in Rockland, was located where the current Palisades Center Mall is. Back in my irresponsible youth days, it was a major place to stop on a Friday or Saturday night (or early Sunday morning) to "sober up" before heading home. Back then, NJ legal drinking age was higher & it's bars closed earlier then NY so there was always an influx of late night party people coming across the border & they stop at Hogans before traveling back to NJ. There were actually several Hogan Diners, each owns & run by a different family member, but the "real" Hogan's - officially Jane Hogans Diner - was in West Nyack.

Yes, I remember those diners as well.  New City diner was on 303 and I do remember Janet Hogan's Diner on 59, W. Nyack.  That area on 59 always flooded after a heavy rain. I remember those multi page menus at most diners.  Amazing selection. Their cake slices were huge.  We also frequented the Ramapo diner in Suffern.  No longer there.  So much fun remembering Rockland County.  I lived there from 1976 until 2003.  Wonderful, happy years.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Don't feel left out.  I have never been to Whataburger or In and Out either.

In and Out  Burger has an almost cult-like following. I've went to one once, many years ago, in Las Vegas but it was in a super busy, touristy area so it might not have been the best representation of the companies products. It was good - better than Burger King or McDonalds - but I was not blown away. Still, next time I'm out West, I'll try to find a more stand alone, "regular" location for a true test.

I tried to go to Whataburger once but accidentally went to FatBurger instead. LOL  Not impressed.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I can't wait for your review but sad it will mean your cruise is over.  Carry on and continue to enjoy.

Yes, I remember those diners as well.  New City diner was on 303 and I do remember Janet Hogan's Diner on 59, W. Nyack.  That area on 59 always flooded after a heavy rain. I remember those multi page menus at most diners.  Amazing selection. Their cake slices were huge.  We also frequented the Ramapo diner in Suffern.  No longer there.  So much fun remembering Rockland County.  I lived there from 1976 until 2003.  Wonderful, happy years.

When I was a kid, I just assumed 24 hour diners were everywhere.  When taking family road trips, I could not understand why I could not get a BLT or Grilled Cheese at 1 am.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

When I was a kid, I just assumed 24 hour diners were everywhere.  When taking family road trips, I could not understand why I could not get a BLT or Grilled Cheese at 1 am.

When I was a teenager 🤔 I worked 2nd shift.   We would get off at the earliest 1 am.  There was a truck stop some of us went to after work.  You could get just about anything like BLT etc.  

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Never had In and Out Burger.  On a happier note, for me,  Krispy Kreme is now open at our Mall!!!!!

Charlie says I have to wait to go because the lines are insane😢

I love Krispy Kreme.  Don't expect the long lines to go away anytime on the near future. They are worth the wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

That's a lot of Candy, how many Trick or Treaters do you get each year?

What's up with the pick-up fee? When we were picking up food during Covid we just gave them a tip when putting it in our car.

That is Sam’s Club for you!

We usually have between 100 and 150 Trick or Treaters. We buy enough for our daughter also, and they usually get in the 150-200 range.  We are still looking for boxes of a couple other types.  

• Like 5