Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I'm sneezing just looking at all the dust flying!

This will look so nice when it's done. Can't wait for those pics.

Dust has been minimal so far, They have a blower with a hose going out the front window. Also the return air duct for the Air Conditioner has 2 filters on it.............But the key thing is when they are working they have turned off the AC unit completely so not to suck any of that direct through the AC system.

When they leave I have waited for about 1 hour before turning the AC back on............We set the AC on 70 degrees, Temps have got  as high as 78 degrees when they leave.

They are here for the 4th day today, today they are tackling getting off the glue that previous floor guy put on the underside of the backer board that is on the plywood...........Will need a clean smooth surface before installing our Old Mill Paver tiles 1/2" thick.............These bricks will not be put down until the very end of the reno.

Today they also will take down ceiling fan, pendant lights we are doing away with and other can lights we are doing with out......With be drywalling various spots and putting up a NEW more heavier plastic walls, with zipper doors in a more defined smaller areas, to give us more room for us and the cats to move around on the main floor level.........mostly we are living out of the basement except to sleep.

The backer board will be installed over the entire floor once all the old glue is taken off.  New Cabinets will be installed on backer boards...............No bricks under the cabinets.......bricks will however be under the fridge.

Last night was the first time our cats have been upstairs in the last 3 days since everything was ripped out. Surprisingly they all did very well.......I put down moving blankets over the exposed plywood where the kitchen floor was......one cat slept on our bed, one cat on the sofa, the other 2 cats slept in the middle of the kitchen floor. My  Wife was very happy how fast they adjusted.

Couple of the cats played under and around the plastic walls and got through in some spots but overall they all did fine.

After today with the heavier plastic hopefully it will be harder for them and they can just travel through the zippered walls like us.

If anyone is bored by my updates, please just let me know and I can stop.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Typically what ever the color is at 4 months is what they are going to be. But if you would like to supply the eye color of the parents and grandparents I'd be happy to supply the genetic probabilities and possibilities. Include great grandparents for improved accuracy.😊

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And why are ya'all not asking for the eye color of the FeEx guy?😇😁

Fine print: Only to be taken as a joke. Not intended for hurt or insult.

• Haha 9

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here's one for you.

I am blue, Eric is bright blue, my Dad was Blue, my Mom light green/Hazel. Her Mom light brown, hazelish.

Eric's Dad blue and his Mom green/hazel.

Why does my oldest son have dark brown eyes?

Youngest has blue

There you go...the UPS guy?😁😇

🥰

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here's one for you.

I am blue, Eric is bright blue, my Dad was Blue, my Mom light green/Hazel. Her Mom light brown, hazelish.

Eric's Dad blue and his Mom green/hazel.

Why does my oldest son have dark brown eyes?

Youngest has blue

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

There you go...the UPS guy?😁😇

🥰

I have to go with Arzeena on this one.😯😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

If anyone is bored by my updates, please just let me know and I can stop

I am enviously enjoying living vicariously through your renovations!  Last July, meaning July 2021, I contacted three contractors to try to get four bathrooms remodeled.  Of the three, two called me back…one said he would come by the next week…never saw him…the other did come look…when I hadn’t heard back from him in three months I texted him that we were still interested in having the bathrooms done.  He came back with a shower insert guy and they took measurements.  That was September 2021 and haven’t heard anything from him since.  Sigh.  

Another contractor was recommended to me by a friend; he did come look at the jobs but I think really only as a favor to her.  He sent me a cryptic text saying “I’m trying to decide if I need to try to help you.”  😵💫  Currently I feel about contractors they way I feel about attorneys.  (No offense to any attorneys reading this…)

I’ve just accepted that this isn’t going to happen.  It’s been a learning experience to discover that it doesn’t matter if you have plenty of money; there are some tangible things you can’t buy.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

He sent me a cryptic text saying “I’m trying to decide if I need to try to help you.”  😵💫  

Even more cryptic than "42".... I'm sigh-ing with you....

@brillohead quite a handsome boy you've got there 😘

@Jimbo -- we were there right from the beginning, we'll stick until the very end 👍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

His is a lot like mine... in some light it looks blond, in others it looks reddish, and in other settings it looks browner.  

He is beautiful !

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

My view today in the Solariun. Sea day on Symphony.

C510D6BC-60E9-4FF1-A854-2A1B83203C79.thumb.jpeg.192e11272e11924b829c27d74f893abb.jpeg

Nice!  So tranquil!  Enjoy your day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, I come from a very large family.  My dad was one of 9, my mom, one of 5.  I've never met half of my dad's siblings, they spread out in the states.  I have/had 7 siblings, 2 of my brothers are now deceased.  Anyway, my mom had light brown eyes, my dad had green.  My oldest sister and I have green eyes. 2 sisters have brown, two brothers had brown, and my twin brothers both had blue.  One of the twins' eyes turned green/hazel as an adult.

Jim has brown eyes, as did his mom.  His  dad had blue 

Our 3 daughters all have brown eyes..our oldest, very dark brown;. Our twins have a light brown, almost a little hazel.

Four of my grandchildren have brown, two are blue, and one has my eyes.. both in color and shape.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I am enviously enjoying living vicariously through your renovations!  Last July, meaning July 2021, I contacted three contractors to try to get four bathrooms remodeled.  Of the three, two called me back…one said he would come by the next week…never saw him…the other did come look…when I hadn’t heard back from him in three months I texted him that we were still interested in having the bathrooms done.  He came back with a shower insert guy and they took measurements.  That was September 2021 and haven’t heard anything from him since.  Sigh.  

Another contractor was recommended to me by a friend; he did come look at the jobs but I think really only as a favor to her.  He sent me a cryptic text saying “I’m trying to decide if I need to try to help you.”  😵💫  Currently I feel about contractors they way I feel about attorneys.  (No offense to any attorneys reading this…)

I’ve just accepted that this isn’t going to happen.  It’s been a learning experience to discover that it doesn’t matter if you have plenty of money; there are some tangible things you can’t buy.

I know your pain, we contacted a few contractors also for this job, had about 4 of them actually come out..........Some were like an hour away from us, gave us prices but really got the feeling they didn't want to do the job because of the driving distance back and forth to our house.

Finally went we a contractor that is more local only about 15 minutes from us on the other side of Interstate #81.

Only issue we have had with him is, we lost our original designer, she left the company for another job closer to her home.........What was a little dis concerning though we didn't find out she left until right after the contract was signed..............but really we had the total design  done by then, but my Wife still wasn't happy about it. She said we need her here to over see things, I told her what do you mean, I'm going to be here watching them like a hawk!!!  🙂

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Even more cryptic than "42".... I'm sigh-ing with you....

@brillohead quite a handsome boy you've got there 😘

@Jimbo -- we were there right from the beginning, we'll stick until the very end 👍

You guys have more patience then me, I was almost ready to throw in the towel a few times on this project. First started out just wanting to get  the Fireplace  redone, that was March 2021. Then maybe around November 2021 we decided to redo the kitchen and tie in the price of the Fireplace into the  reno.

Then the fun began trying to find the design we wanted and here we are 12 months later finally going to get it done.

All the Contractors are so backed up with work it was hard to find someone that had time to do the job.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our youngest daughter has red hair. Neither of us do, nor do any of our parents or any of our siblings. Yet my sister also has a red headed son. There’s a recessive gene in there somewhere. 

Brian's identical twin has a daughter with gorgeous red hair. I was hoping that Andrew would have it, too, but the brown hair genes won. 😄

• Like 5

My son’s son has red hair.  We suspect the mailman😳My other son’s son has beautiful blue eyes, both parents have brown.  However my mom’s family is from northern Italy so we have a few blondes and blue eyes among cousins etc.   Three of my kids have brown and the youngest has hazel.  They tell her she was found on the curb! We both have brown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

His is a lot like mine... in some light it looks blond, in others it looks reddish, and in other settings it looks browner.  

So what color is it in cruise ship light.  It will give me an idea what color to look for in January.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And why are ya'all not asking for the eye color of the FeEx guy?😇😁

Fine print: Only to be taken as a joke. Not intended for hurt or insult.

Looks like the milkman days are over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our youngest daughter has red hair. Neither of us do, nor do any of our parents or any of our siblings. Yet my sister also has a red headed son. There’s a recessive gene in there somewhere. 

My friend has 3 grandkids. Hair color all different.  One is red, one is blond and one brown. Both sets of the kids grandparents have/had brown hair, kids parents both brown hair, kids aunts/uncles brown hair although one aunt has a slight reddish tint in her mostly brown hair so we thought 1) fed ex guy, 2) plumber, 3) mailman.  They really are a beautiful family.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

If anyone is bored by my updates, please just let me know and I can stop.

I am NOT bored.  Please carry on to completion.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you ever go to see the Hudson Valley Renegades ?

I have not but friends have told me the games are really fun & family friendly. There is always some kind of entertainment between innings  to keep the kids entertained.

Now this is a proper birthday breakfast for our Pennsylvania grandson today before school. 

F186A149-A752-43EC-A192-1CDE95B3AF09.thumb.jpeg.4940b63eccb35e06aed10f955f3a6939.jpeg

We are taking him out to dinner after school to celebrate.  His choice, so we don’t know where we will end up yet. The big party will be on the weekend. 

• Like 25