Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, singinalot said:

It’s a DJI mavic mini 2. I love how small it is. Easy to travel with and allowed in most places because of its weight. You’d think I’d be better at it by now, but I’m still so jerky with the controls 🤣😬

I highly recommend it, though. It gets such great camera quality.

I can’t remember if I posted this here, but this was on the lake on Friday.

IMG_8420.MOV 116.58 MB · 1 download  

Cool video.  

When traveling with the drone do you take along a laptop to edit the videos?

Conversation for the android folks. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, we  on Staten Island are not too happy with this.

I am sure there are lots of unhappy people.   From what I read it would be cheaper to lease a cruise ship than setting up a tent city for them and shelters are already at full capacity.   It's a no win for anybody🥺

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am sure there are lots of unhappy people.   From what I read it would be cheaper to lease a cruise ship than setting up a tent city for them and shelters are already at full capacity.   It's a no win for anybody🥺

So much for being the forgotten borough. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby and I are dependent on our daughter and her husband who live 5 minutes from us.They shop for us ,yesterday they were here to tie up our deck furniture because it was very windy.My daughter calls every day on her way home from work and usually stops off here .She just called me to see how I am doing .I just told her what I did yesterday but I probably told her the exact same thing yesterday.My daughter who lives in Manhattan but works about 30 minutes from us sleeps over here between 1 and 3 days a week.She will be here later.

That is great that you have such a wonderful loving support system.  🥰

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yes he did, Debbie, thank you!

Where do you get your lobstuh roll in LBI?

There are a couple places.  One opened up in 2020 called Quincy's next to Fantasy Island.

Spray Beach Hotel that we can walk too also serves them but they have new owners and been making a lot of changes so not sure if they will still serve it.

Blue Water Cafe and Black Whale also have good ones.   Shall see who is still open.

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

tonight’s sunset

image.jpg

Still think I would try to buy that lot across the street from the guy that currently owns it so you don't lose that view. 🙂

The lot right next to us that someone bought last year and has been mowing  this summer is now back up for sale. I guess the couple now decided not to build on it  and sell it.

So I guess we are going to have new neighbors AGAIN.  lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is great that you have such a wonderful loving support system.  🥰

Yes,it is.We also have some wonderful neighbors.Our next house neighbor watches our house when we go on cruises or other vacations.A neighbor who lives across the street buys food for us when he goes shopping .I have a very good friend who lives 3 houses away from us who has taken me to doctors when Toby has not been able to.

• Like 3

Just now, singinalot said:

It’s a DJI mavic mini 2. I love how small it is. Easy to travel with and allowed in most places because of its weight. You’d think I’d be better at it by now, but I’m still so jerky with the controls 🤣😬

I highly recommend it, though. It gets such great camera quality.

I can’t remember if I posted this here, but this was on the lake on Friday.

Your piloting skills definitely look good! I really need to play with mine more. 

Have you tried any of the follow modes with a jet ski?  I wonder if the jet skis are too fast for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

The reason I don't do live reviews is because I don't do anything exciting. 

My FB posts the last couple days are just pics of my view from my Solarium Lounger,  my virgin peach daiquiri, or Lahar, the extraordinary bartender at the Explorer Solarium bar who remembered my order from back in May as soon as he saw me!

310300244_10158958458141905_6554294354559172756_n.thumb.jpg.9ab4e7264867b72b41ebd32f47071836.jpg

310176685_10158957127421905_4508941409892881960_n.thumb.jpg.fd32bf4aae6e1d7fc0430bdc293e5fe5.jpg

310050041_10158955271596905_7787610679730988276_n.thumb.jpg.7afd71c748571d6847df6f24d9e87da4.jpg

I am always amazed how some crew members remember us months later.  Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling😍

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am always amazed how some crew members remember us months later.  Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling😍

Same here. A bartender working Allure's solarium in January remembered me when I was aboard again in April. 

• Like 7

We have been remembered by a few concierge and other workers on several different lines , last year wife had a big birthday on edge while in the penthouse, concierge and entire concierge staff came to our suite with a birthday cake and sang happy birthday, then this year on summit he is now manager in charge of concierge, we had fun talking to him again. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

In 2015 I was on a cruise and got into a conversation with a Lounge singer

The following year I was on a cruise on the same ship and I read that the singer was still on the ship.I went to see him on the first night.He saw me enter and said “Hi Lenny from New York”.

(I have this written down in my cruise notebook.I would not have remembered it)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is our go to drink now. It used to be a Miami  Vice but we are hooked on the Peach so much now that we often make them at home. 

Do you make them from scratch (as in real fruit), or do you use a mix like Royal does?

Royal's mix is absolutely divine in the peach flavor, IMO -- I know it's pure sugar, but I just don't care because it's so delish!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Have a great time!!!!!  We cruised on Brilliance on our 1st Mediterranean cruise back in 2011.

Bon Voyage!🛳️

+1. I totally agree @Lenquixote66

We did a 12 day cruise from Barcelona in 2016 on Brilliance, loved it , our first European cruise was on Renaissance in 2001 Athens to Rome.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 4:35 PM, dbancroft said:

Today is our 40th wedding 💑 anniversary.  Very dreary day here in Maryland esp since ravens lost again 😢 and the rain.

Happy Anniversary.

On 10/2/2022 at 9:57 PM, ownedbypets said:

The last week has been very tiring and emotional.  My daughter, that lives in Ft Myers, helped evacuate her hospital on Friday and then drove home to Tampa with 6 coworkers, 2 cats and 4 dogs. None of them had power or water for 3+ days so all they wanted was a hot shower, home cooked meal and AC.

The stories I heard were unbelievable. Having to use plastic bags as toilets, doors being blown open, roofs being ripped off, cars floating away and homes completely flooded.

They were all hoping for a few days off but they got the call to start back tomorrow so we followed our daughter down to Ft Myers. I had to smile along the drive as so many were driving down to help. It wasn't just the businesses and workers but everyday people. Out of state license plates on pick up trucks and trailers filled with water, generators and other supplies was a wonderful sight.

I can only describe driving to her apartment like driving through a war zone. Total destruction. The national guard and Law enforcement presence was very heavy. Helicopters constantly overhead and never ending emergency vehicle sirens.

Her actual apartment suffered no damaged but the buildings are not livable. The first floors flooded and are caked with mud. Dead fish are covering the parking lot, the smell is awful. Dumpsters are full so the sidewalks are piled high with garbage. The community is working hard but they are overwhelmed.

She will now be going from house to house, sleeping on co workers sofas, but they are all safe.

Many tears have been shed and I'm sure there will be many more but once again I had to smile when she called me tonight to tell me that the neighbor, that we met this afternoon, brought her a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

Glad you daughter and her friends are safe. Sorry to hear she can’t live in her apartment, but good she has great friends that are helping.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:59 PM, George C said:

I talked to my brother earlier today , not only did he have two ft of water in his house in Ft Myer, two of his cars were destroyed. His son is flying in to help repairs , also he has a nephew who is in the army and army is letting any active members to fly to Florida to help and will pay them , I thought that was very cool.

I want to thank everyone kind words about the passing of my Mom . I talked to her daily and definitely miss the calls , she is missing one of her grandchildren wedding in less than two weeks. 

Sorry to hear about your brothers house and cars. That is really cool that the military is doing that.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I heard an interesting news story today.   The Mayor of NY is working out a deal with Norwegian Cruise line to lease one of their ships for at least 6 months to house migrants at dock at Staten Island's homeport.

They are also working out another deal with an Estonian company, Tallink, for a ship to house Ukrainian refugees that fled during their war.    

I found this very interesting and wandering how it would work.    

I’m happy they are doing that for the Ukrainian refugees. I had really hoped the US and other countries would give Ukraine all they needed to finish this in a couple of months if not sooner. Sad what’s happening over there.

8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I (almost) feel guilty posting this, with all of the talk of Ian’s destruction.

I am currently sitting in LAX waiting on my flight to Venice, Italy.  I’m spending five nights there, then boarding Brilliance OTS for Greece, Croatia, Italy and ending with the TA to Tampa.  
Bucket list trip that was moved from 2020 , and again from 2021.

@Sea DogI plan to try most of the cocktails you mentioned in your review. 🍹

Stay well and safe everyone!

No need to feel guilty. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Congrats. But then we will be in two different C&A levels. I hope you can stilll talk to a D+.

700 just means a few extra freebies. Most importantly the extra drink 😁 and internet. Other than that we will still be the same ol’ us.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

thank you! and yes, you should fly! i still remember a video you shot with the helix mode I believe 🤔 a couple years ago and posted here….unless I’m crazy and imagining things which could also be very true 🤣

the minis don’t have tracking modes unfortunately but my dad has the mini 2 and an air 2 and he’s good enough to follow speed boats with both! 

You’re not crazy. I think I posted a helix shot of my SILs house??

Then again, that just means that your memory is good. You still may be crazy. I’ll leave that to Nate to decide. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 7

12 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I am currently sitting in LAX waiting on my flight to Venice, Italy.  I’m spending five nights there, then boarding Brilliance OTS for Greece, Croatia, Italy and ending with the TA to Tampa.  

Have a wonderful holiday in beautiful Venice. 

And  brilliant cruise on Brilliance. 

We did a similar cruise out of Venice a few years ago. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, taznremmy said:

That sounds awesome. How many days cruising? Buon viaggio!

• Thanks 1