Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Here's a bit of an airplane rant:  The one thing DW and I are noticing that we absolutely hate is that with the advent of free wifi whereby everyone can connect with their devices to watch movies, etc. what’s happening is that hardly anyone opens their window sliders anymore. It’s not only depressing, and surely more than mildly claustrophobic for some people, but also like being in a dark cave for a few hours. No issue, of course, with overnight flights, but all 4 flights we had (during daylight) were exactly the same way. I think we were among the few that had the window open (I like to see the scenery anyway). I suspect it’s due to people wanting to better see their screens or else sleep. It’s also nice to look out of windows on the other side. What I like best about flying is seeing what we’re flying over unless cloud cover. Oh well…nothing stays the same. Was also surprised to see that we had seat-back movie screens on both longer flights and yet less than 4 hours each, so that part was most enjoyable. I was sitting at a window and can still easily see the screen but it starts to feel like we shouldn't even have it open cause others may feel bothered by the extra light coming in. I guess for some folks they equate it to riding on the subway where you can't see anything? It's just a bit...strange…but then our society has gotten that way in general. 

Anybody else notice what I feel is a rather depressing trend? 

I love looking out, so I always have a window seat. I like total control over the little window slider! 😁

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I think they started the filming of the Negan & Maggie show. It's going to be set in NYC so that'll be interesting.  I wonder if there will be any on location filming?

The Darryl show is going to be set in Paris!!  Be interesting to see how he gets there and why he goes. I imagine he'll be a fish out of water in that setting.

The Rick and Michonne spin-off is still just a concept. Probably waiting for Andrew Lincoln (Rick) to come back from his time off with family. Hopefully it'll show what he's been doing while his character was away.

There was also supposed to be at least 3 full length movies but i think they shelved those plans in favor of the spin-offs. 

Honestly, I think they are going to kill the brand with so many shows but I guess there are enough hard-core fans out there to fulfill the need.

His Partner is a German actress who does most of her movies in France .

I think that she and Norman Reedus have a residence there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Mema, I have an android, and I access CC by going through Google's "collections".  I have been unable to download the CC app, so I just go through Google.  I went on to the CC again through Google, and I have no idea how to delete cookies.  I appreciate your suggestion, but it's all "Greek" to me.

I have been trying numerous times to sign in, but only get the red login issues.🤷‍♀️  Right now, I'm 😉 glad to be able to get on and respond on my Chromebook.  Thank you again!

Does Cruise Critic still have an app that works?  I thought they gave up on that a while ago.  I use Safari on my iphone to access CC when I am not on my laptop.  Hopefully, someone who speaks android can help you out!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I will never understand how people type lengthy posts on their phones with those little keys.

Maryann, how is Jim doing?

When I respond to CC posts on my phone, I seem to have difficulty leaving a symbol..i.e...smiley face, heart, etc.  It seems to screw up my response most times.

Jim is doing well, thank you, Bonnie.  Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since his surgery!  He does have lots of doctor visits, dentist appts, etc.  I look at the calendar and am trying to get one in for me!  We have only one car, so it's difficult lately...thank you so much for asking!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I agree, unless I am napping or there is a glare on a 😃screen we will leave our shade open at least half way up as I always enjoy looking out.   Kinda like watching the ocean while sitting on your balcony

On our flight home from Halifax, the young man next to me kept his shade open, as did the people across the aisle.😊

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Mema, I have an android, and I access CC by going through Google's "collections".  I have been unable to download the CC app, so I just go through Google.  I went on to the CC again through Google, and I have no idea how to delete cookies.  I appreciate your suggestion, but it's all "Greek" to me.

I have been trying numerous times to sign in, but only get the red login issues.🤷‍♀️  Right now, I'm 😉 glad to be able to get on and respond on my Chromebook.  Thank you again!

I always use my Android phone.

I Google Cruise Critic Forum and click on it.

It takes me straight through to the forum's.

To clear all cookies I click on delete history which does this.

When I next click on Cruise Critic Forum I have to log back in to Cruise Critic.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I always use my Android phone.

I Google Cruise Critic Forum and click on it.

It takes me straight through to the forum's.

To clear all cookies I click on delete history which does this.

When I next click on Cruise Critic Forum I have to log back in to Cruise Critic.

Graham.

Graham, I am trying to delete history, but can't seem to find it.  CC will not let me log in

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

+1 @Sea Dog

I just realized that Jim and I both retired 23 years ago!!  I don't know where the time has gone, although I can look at our grandchildren and see where it has gone!💕

I began collecting pension in 1998 but worked until 2004.A friend of mine owned an Advertising business and tried over the years to get me and other friends to leave our jobs and work at his company .After retiring and being unable to find anything to occupy my time I went to work at his company and worked there till 2004.Toby retired in 2008.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Maybe this will help.

image.png.72c7206ac8b3ef741b0e6f1ea6ceb3c4.png

Thank you for going to all of trouble for me, Mema!  I followed all of the above, and it still just gives me the same notice.  This is so frustrating!  Hopefully one day soon, it will just correct itself, like Debbie's work computer did for her.  Grrrr!!  Thank you again.🥰

• Like 2

Just now, Luckynana said:

Thank you for going to all of trouble for me, Mema!  I followed all of the above, and it still just gives me the same notice.  This is so frustrating!  Hopefully one day soon, it will just correct itself, like Debbie's work computer did for her.  Grrrr!!  Thank you again.🥰

No trouble at all.  Have you turned your phone off and on too?  I would delete cookies and then turn phone off and on to see if that helps. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I began collecting pension in 1998 but worked until 2004.A friend of mine owned an Advertising business and tried over the years to get me and other friends to leave our jobs and work at his company .After retiring and being unable to find anything to occupy my time I went to work at his company and worked there till 2004.Toby retired in 2008.

Jim was able to begin collecting his Pension right after retiring, since he had already put in 30 years in the New York Fire Dept.  I was unable to begin collecting until I turned 55.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

No trouble at all.  Have you turned your phone off and on too?  I would delete cookies and then turn phone off and on to see if that helps. 🙂 

Hmmm.  I will have to try that.  I had turned off my phone last night, hoping that would've helped me out.  I will turn my phone off and see what happens.  Thank you!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hmmm.  I will have to try that.  I had turned off my phone last night, hoping that would've helped me out.  I will turn my phone off and see what happens.  Thank you!

@reallyitsmemaAaarggghhhh!  Still won't work!  Luckily I'm not a hair puller, or I would've been pulling it out in frustration! JK!😁  At this point, I'm just glad that I can get on and respond on my chrome book.  Thank you for all of your help.🌺

• Like 2