Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

step 1 of replacing all the samsung electronics in our kitchen….sold the dishwasher tonight and ordering a new one to be delivered when we get back from NYC

ps One More Day!!!! ✈️ 

Weather is looking pretty good for this weekend. That is, assuming you have a bit of Colorado left in you and are not 100% Floridian yet😉😇

High 60's to low 70's, plenty of sunshine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

step 1 of replacing all the samsung electronics in our kitchen….sold the dishwasher tonight and ordering a new one to be delivered when we get back from NYC

ps One More Day!!!! ✈️ 

Have great time in the city. I love going there.

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Weather is looking pretty good for this weekend. That is, assuming you have a bit of Colorado left in you and are not 100% Floridian yet😉😇

High 60's to low 70's, plenty of sunshine.

We are having some amazing November weather.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You forgot to add in there  cost for a septic system , if you live it that house long enough, the leach fields may need to be dug up and hauled away and replace with a new field (sand, etc) because the grey water will no longer drain down through it.

Good point.  I had the old, rusty 750 gallon tank replaced about 20 years ago with a 1000 gallon fiberglass. I think it was around $2,500, including rerouting some of the piping since they couldn't remove the old tank as it was under the deck. The deck was off the 2nd floor of the house but they were afraid of compromising the structural integrity of the posts. 

I shudder to think of replacing the leech fields. My next door neighbor had it done a few years ago. I'm sure I can't be far behind as all the houses were built at the same time / same construction company.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@HBE4 our tank sucker/cleaner always leaves a few inches of slurry on the bottom of the tank to keep the tank’s,”health working”. Think about it like a started dough for bread, but just a different type of yeast. 🫣🤢

We have something similar to what Jim suggested that we buy it at TSC.  I like the product Jim posted. 

Hope everyone had their dinner by now...Before we sold our house in NJ we had to have the elbow type fitting replaced that goes to the Grey water tank.

The guy actually had to climb down into the tank with a ladder and make the fix.

Also he had no mask on, I don't know if he held his breathe or what.

What a shitty job.

20210106_133605.jpg

IMG_1609961643665.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Good point.  I had the old, rusty 750 gallon tank replaced about 20 years ago with a 1000 gallon fiberglass. I think it was around $2,500, including rerouting some of the piping since they couldn't remove the old tank as it was under the deck. The deck was off the 2nd floor of the house but they were afraid of compromising the structural integrity of the posts. 

I shudder to think of replacing the leech fields. My next door neighbor had it done a few years ago. I'm sure I can't be far behind as all the houses were built at the same time / same construction company.

The design plan for ours was around 3K. I‘ve done my best to forget how much the system cost, but it was a lot. 🤯

I guess it is better than an outhouse and leaves. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Guess this wasn't inspected work then, deck over(or near) the septic tank is a no-no for sure.

Edited by Jimbo

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

No, a neighbour.  Since then I have always been careful in watching. 

We have city sewer, not septic, but we have had a backup of our main sewer line twice.  Luckily, if there can be a luckily, it was contained in the shower pan.  We have since found out that our main sewer line has a repair in it, about 54 feet out from the foundation, which was not declared to us when we purchased the house.  There is root intrusion into the pipe in that area, which is very common.  We now have a drain company come about every two years to auger the line to clear it.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have city sewer, not septic, but we have had a backup of our main sewer line twice.  Luckily, if there can be a luckily, it was contained in the shower pan.  We have since found out that our main sewer line has a repair in it, about 54 feet out from the foundation, which was not declared to us when we purchased the house.  There is root intrusion into the pipe in that area, which is very common.  We now have a drain company come about every two years to auger the line to clear it.  

Any thoughts of getting the tree cut down?

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My parents depended on a septic system until the town ran sewers down their road. When I bought land for my house I only considered lots that had sewer and natural gas lines in the street.

I grew up in Manhattan and never heard of a septic tank until my married friend bought a house that had one.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Have a great trip to my favorite city and please give us updates. Can’t believe it been a few years since our last visit . 

Ditto on all counts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Nice offer. Just pass it off to someone else. I can wait for mine.

I get a monthly update from Goodreads with all the upcoming mysteries/detective type books coming out. Those keep me very busy. 

A guy who posts in the Floataway Lounge reviews books for Goodreads and regularly posts reviews on the CC thread about books.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I might actually check it out. I saw part of one old episode a few years ago. Looks interesting. With The Walking Dead wrapping up in a few weeks, I'll have an extra hour to fill in my TV schedule. Plus, I can join the conversations!

In 2023 there will be 4 new shows with members of the Walking Dead cast.

One will star the characters Negan and Maggie.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess this wasn't inspected work then, deck over(or near) the septic tank is a no-no for sure.

The guy that owned the house before me was the original owner when the house was built in 1964.

Let's just say he thought building codes were a suggested guidelines, kinda like Royals chair hog policy.😆

Back then, everyone knew everyone in town, played in the same dart & bowling leagues, kids played on the same football team, etc. You get the idea. There was a lot of looking the other way, one-hand-washes-the-other kinds of thing. Took forever for us to close on the house while brought all the permits & Certificate of Occupancy's, etc somewhat up-to-date.  Or paid off a few town employees. I can't wait to see what road blocks I hit when I sell the house.

BTW, the new tank is mostly out in the open.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The guy that owned the house before me was the original owner when the house was built in 1964.

Let's just say he thought building codes were a suggested guidelines, kinda like Royals chair hog policy.😆

Back then, everyone knew everyone in town, played in the same dart & bowling leagues, kids played on the same football team, etc. You get the idea. There was a lot of looking the other way, one-hand-washes-the-other kinds of thing. Took forever for us to close on the house while brought all the permits & Certificate of Occupancy's, etc somewhat up-to-date.  Or paid off a few town employees. I can't wait to see what road blocks I hit when I sell the house.

BTW, the new tank is mostly out in the open.

One of my daughters and her husband have a house in a town that has a population of 257.They know every person .There are more 4 legged residents than 2 legged.

• Like 4