Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Never had a burnt Basque cheesecake before.  

This cake looks amazing. I googled it right away.... no wonder it tastes heavenly -- 7 eggs, plenty of sugar, a huge amount of cream cheese and "heavy cream" [had to google it too ☹️].

OTOH, very very easy to make, so I'll try it at least once...

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

I'm sorry about your washing. But I find it amazing that Australians are so enamored with clotheslines. When our friends from Sydney came to visit, we had to rig up a clothesline in the backyard.

I find these different customs absolutely fascinating. ☺️

We have a dryer, but at the most we use it 2-3 times during the winter. I absolutely like to dry my washing in the sunshine [which I imagine you have plenty in California].

This is ours now..... 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.6eab76b188e0495b02987ad3790fb250.jpeg

• Like 13

The only time we see clothes hanging outside here, is when we drive through the Amish community.  

It always seems strange to see them hanging outside in the winter.  I know that is one time I would not want to put on anything that was just taken down from the line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

It is already 61° this morning, and will be in the 70’s today for playoff football for our grandson’s team.

Had to buy an actual newspaper yesterday, because our granddaughter’s picture was in it, in her cheerleading outfit.  We have had only digital subscriptions for years now.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

We have controlled burns here all the time. But they don't seem to help much.

I'm sorry about your washing. But I find it amazing that Australians are so enamored with clotheslines. When our friends from Sydney came to visit, we had to rig up a clothesline in the backyard. (Not a problem ☺️) I just found it different...

The majority of folks here. (At least locally) use gas or electric clothes dryers. 

I think it is probably like your dislike of washcloths, although really, most people use them on faces and not bums. ☺️

I find these different customs absolutely fascinating. ☺️

Yep we love our clothes lines.  Guess because we have such long hot summers.

Love washcloths.  Most families I know have them in their bathrooms including us.

• Like 7

@dani negreanu no dinner for me tonight after our lunch

+ that cheesecake.  DH was happy to have baked beans for tea, so instead of cooking dinner tonight I went for a very long walk across several suburbs to attempt to walk off all that deliciousness.

When you or you DH make the burnt cheesecake, please post a photo here.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It is already 61° this morning, and will be in the 70’s today for playoff football for our grandson’s team.

Had to buy an actual newspaper yesterday, because our granddaughter’s picture was in it, in her cheerleading outfit.  We have had only digital subscriptions for years now.

How lovely that your granddaughter is featured in the paper.

• Like 1

I don’t remember who it was that posted the short clip of Sebastian Maniscalo, but thanks for that.

We just finished watching the third of his specials on Netflix, and they were all excellent.  I can’t remember the last time we both laughed so much.  If someone needs a good laugh, I highly recommend.  

Going to recommend these to my daughter today.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

This cake looks amazing. I googled it right away.... no wonder it tastes heavenly -- 7 eggs, plenty of sugar, a huge amount of cream cheese and "heavy cream" [had to google it too ☹️].

I just did the same as you and googled burnt basque cheesecake.   Cheesecakes are a favorite in our house so I will try making one too.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Oh, boy, that nickname is going to get some mileage around here!  LOL

12 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Hey, what happens in Dani's thread, STAYS in Dani's thread.  Your secret is safe with us!  😉

@brillohead I’m happy to see you wifi is better. You nailed these. 😝

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Hey, what happens in Dani's thread, STAYS in Dani's thread.  Your secret is safe with us!  😉

@Coralc, Patti, your "I had a clothesline" for my visitors ... [just in case 😉] was hilarious

+ 

"Brillo", thank you so much for a good laugh 😘 I really needed it, right on time.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@brillohead I’m happy to see you wifi is better. You nailed these. 😝

Yeah, a month on Explorer was KILLING me!  At least in early 2023 Explorer will have Starlink up and running.  

Symphony this past week, and Oasis the next three weeks, SUCH an improvement, and so much easier to keep up with this thread on a daily basis.  

• Like 9

It’s almost midnight on a Sat night in our usually very quiet suburb and this just happened - short version - male driver high on meth & ice - crashed his car into the telegraph  pole out the front of our house - got out of the car and staggered up the road.  Resisted arrest and got tazered.  He is currently surrounded by four police while they wait for the ambulance.

His smashed up car is littered with drugs….

I hate that people like this are on our roads.

• Like 17

Ok, Samsung users, are you having any problems using the Samsung browser on this site? I cannot quote anyone using the browser but I can using Chrome. I don't know if the issue is with CC or with the recent Android update. I prefer using the Samsung browser on this site as I can get dark mode whereas I can't using Chrome.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Isn’t AA eliminating first class?  Soon only Biz will be available.  We mostly fly coach because I am cheap, and my wife even cheaper.  🤣

I believe the word is frugal. At least that is the word I use when referring to myself. Of course, the reality if it is that I am cheap too.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

My office was downtown, I think it was on Maiden Lane.  (long time ago!!😁)

I was in 2 Broadway, such fun times!

okay, dryer is fixed, 130.00, new rollers.  He said dryer was In good shape otherwise, didn’t push for a new one as he said they are all garbage now🥴. Couldn’t believe he showed up at 8:45!!!! And he cleaned out the dryer vent and tubing, so relieved.  Now poor Charlie is off to the de twist for emergency work, it never ends.  At least I can do laundry😃

• Like 10

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lovely sunny Saturday in Sydney. Had a long Christmas lunch with a group on friends on the verandah of a lovely cafe.  Food was superb.  Never had a burnt Basque cheesecake before.  Very nice. (Not the best photo).

FFE9B436-8D1D-42D6-8544-6988444D7D3E.thumb.jpeg.9967c14e5fc16f7a8fe73764f27a6cd7.jpeg

Drove back  through a smoke haze.  Unfortunately there was unannounced hazard reduction on this afternoon  (normally we get advance notice) so  all the dried washing including sheets & towels has a smoky smell.

*hazard reduction - controlled burning of the bush*

That looks delicious.  I also had to look up a recipe, very different cooking instructions.  I make a chocolate marbled cheesecake with a ginger snap crust that I got out of a Bon Appetit magazine probably 25 years ago.  It cooks for 10 minutes at 400 degrees and then almost two hours at 200 where this one cooks at 400 for an hour.  The sugar and cream cheese amounts are similar but I was surprised that there is two cups of heavy cream.  Must be what makes it soufflé so much.  Definitely will have to give this one a shot.  Thanks for sharing the picture!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

It’s almost midnight on a Sat night in our usually very quiet suburb and this just happened - short version - male driver high on meth & ice - crashed his car into the telegraph  pole out the front of our house - got out of the car and staggered up the road.  Resisted arrest and got tazered.  He is currently surrounded by four police while they wait for the ambulance.

😯

47 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Several years ago there was a guy high on meth, 2 days out on parole, who car jacked a person in town at 2 a.m.  He proceeded to wreck the car into a tree in front of my friend's house which was located 10 min. from town.  The police came, could not find the driver and towed the car away.  At 7 a.m. the guy woke up from wherever he had passed out and started to bang on my friend's door.  She did not open the door and called the cops after getting her gun from the bedside table.  The guy then came around to the back porch which was all windows and a door leading into her kitchen.  He was yelling at her and breaking the glass on the windows and door, she had set the gun on the counter on speaker so the police and he could hear her tell them that if he came inside she would shoot him.  He stopped cleaning the glass from around a window he had broken and wandered over to the neighbor's house to try to break their windows.  The sheriffs arrived, took him into custody, put him in the back of the car.  While they were talking with my friend he somehow got into the front of the car and tried to drive off.  Having all the deputies pointing guns at him convinced him to stop and they took him off to jail.  6 months later he learned he would have 25 years of 3 hots and a cot.  My friend is notified every time he comes up for parole and so far he is still incarcerated.   

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I was in 2 Broadway, such fun times!

okay, dryer is fixed, 130.00, new rollers.  He said dryer was In good shape otherwise, didn’t push for a new one as he said they are all garbage now🥴. Couldn’t believe he showed up at 8:45!!!! And he cleaned out the dryer vent and tubing, so relieved.  Now poor Charlie is off to the de twist for emergency work, it never ends.  At least I can do laundry😃

6 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dentist

Glad your dryer was able to be fixed.  Hope Charlie gets all fixed up too.  That was definitely a weird autocorrect!

• Like 3

Good morning

For a few days I was affected by the login issues of RCI

To fix it I finally have access to CC using our other internet carrier.  (Chrome)

To begin yesterday I received my first of two Shingles vaccines, as well as the flu vaccine.

Now I was told the site would become red and inflamed as well as arm soreness and possible body aches.

The only side effects were body aches and my elbow hurt. Even with the shots given in upper arm.

I do not know if I lucked out or if Ibuprofen worked its wonders.

Went to bed at 11pm, woke up at 9am.  Still feel tired.

Mass today, and chill enjoying the time change.

I had already had the curse of Shingles when I had a  miscarriage years ago.   And never want that to happen again.

Even though I could read everyone's post on all our threads, I was unable to comment on any.....so, I just want everyone to know that you are and have been in my thoughts.

Time for a nap

Take care 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1