Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Braved an upcoming storm yesterday to have a cataract consultation.  Surgery on 1st eye is scheduled for Tuesday. I know most of us "older" folks have had this surgery but I'm still nervous since I'll be "up" and eye just numb. The thought of being aware of someone poking around the inside of my eye fills me with slight dread.  As it is now, I can barely read my computer and very glad I have a touchscreen to tweek everything larger.

I remember years ago, my mother's reaction after cataract surgery.  She said it was like a veil lifted from her eyes and she could see clearly again.  Hope that happens to me.

On the ankle front, feeling slightly less pain when walking.  Yes!

So looking forward to our Feb and Mar cruses, you have no idea!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

Toby had Cataract surgery a few months ago.I am very leery of my eye being probed.I try to avoid any surgeries if I can help it .I have had 3 and that is enough.My father was healthy till age 69 ,only had one surgery in his life and lived to 86.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As a test while on Samsung I am uploading a photo of Sparky sleeping in a small box last night.   He barely fits but he slept in extra bedroom in this box for several hours.   Goofball😀

20221104_222725.jpg

One of my grand dogs is going to be staying with Toby and I for a few days in January.Toby bought him a very nice comfy looking dog bed.

He was here last week and we took it out for him to try.Instead of going in the bed he preferred crawling into the box it came in.That seems to be something that many dogs like .

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow Greg.  Very smart move getting the hotel room.  The VIP list alone could be deadly.  If you want to deviate from Whiskey, try the Appleton Estate 15 year rum.  I've been using the 8 year in drinks and it's really good.  Never had the 15 year though.  You'll have a hard enough timing pacing yourself though with just whiskey.

I think the samples should be about a half an ounce but even if I did all the VIP selections, that's a lot of whiskey. Luckily I know my tolerance level and when to shut it down. I will try the Appleton 15.

34 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Braved an upcoming storm yesterday to have a cataract consultation.  Surgery on 1st eye is scheduled for Tuesday. I know most of us "older" folks have had this surgery but I'm still nervous since I'll be "up" and eye just numb. The thought of being aware of someone poking around the inside of my eye fills me with slight dread.  As it is now, I can barely read my computer and very glad I have a touchscreen to tweek everything larger.

I remember years ago, my mother's reaction after cataract surgery.  She said it was like a veil lifted from her eyes and she could see clearly again.  Hope that happens to me.

Wishing you all the best in your upcoming surgery. I still have no idea how they can poke in there but they can. I hoping you can get relief and be able to see more clearly.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no problem using Chrome. Could you try quoting me using your Samsung browser and see what happens?

Seems okay, let's see if this goes through.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I feel for you. It must be frustrating. I feel the same way sometimes about where I live. I am thinking of you and hoping things get better.

That is frightening. Meth does some pretty scary things. Sorry this happened to you.

It happened to my friend.  What really scared her was that she realized how closely she came to killing someone.  Her line in the sand was if he had started to come in the window.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nov 3. Android 13 One UI 5. When I try to quote someone the window opens, the quoted text becomes highlighted as if I was going to edit it, then the keyboard closes and I can do nothing.

I am quoting you now using the Samsung browser, to see if it works. I did not get the update you have.  I have Oct 3 Android 12 One UI 4.1 on an S21.  I usually use the computer. I don't know how people can type on these phones, it drives me nuts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Nov 3. Android 13 One UI 5. When I try to quote someone the window opens, the quoted text becomes highlighted as if I was going to edit it, then the keyboard closes and I can do nothing.

I had a weird experience right after I posted a couple of hours ago.  As I went to "like" someone's post, CC just totally stopped working for me!  I could no longer get on, so I knew it was time for me to go outside and begin the outside work that was waiting for me.  After coming back in, I was hoping the wonkiness was over, and happily, here I am again!😁  I still can't log in to my phone, though..🤷‍♀️

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't recall if I was planning to tie someone up or what. I had a brand-new bundle of clothesline and a whole package of clothes pins. Maybe I was thinking of a crafty project. 🤷‍♀️

Mrs. Dexter, is that you? 

*** reference to TV show "Dexter" on Showtime ***

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bonnie, I understand your anxiety about the surgery.  I felt the same way.  Can your dr prescribe something for the day of surgery?  I have anxieties at times, and the dr gave me something to take.  I've had both eyes done...truly, it's a piece of cake!  (not really cake, but you'll be amazed at how painless it is)  The biggest bonus is...wait for it....no more eyeglasses!!!!  It's a win-win!  You'll do great!

Great news about your ankle!!!!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As a test while on Samsung I am uploading a photo of Sparky sleeping in a small box last night.   He barely fits but he slept in extra bedroom in this box for several hours.   Goofball😀

20221104_222725.jpg

LOL--Jim uses the word knucklehead!!

It's so crazy that cats go into small objects;  I saw where a cat actually climbed into an empty fish bowl and fit!  (or was it here on our thread, that I saw it??🤷‍♀️)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think the samples should be about a half an ounce but even if I did all the VIP selections, that's a lot of whiskey. Luckily I know my tolerance level and when to shut it down. 

Enjoy your special evening with your many samples.  Slainte!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

It happened to my friend.  What really scared her was that she realized how closely she came to killing someone.  Her line in the sand was if he had started to come in the window.

Scary.  Thank goodness your friend was okay in the end. I can't even imagine...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I don’t remember who it was that posted the short clip of Sebastian Maniscalo, but thanks for that.

We just finished watching the third of his specials on Netflix, and they were all excellent.  I can’t remember the last time we both laughed so much.  If someone needs a good laugh, I highly recommend.  

Going to recommend these to my daughter today.  

Glad you enjoyed it.  Brian Regan & Jim Gaffigan are also some of my favorites, especially their early  Netflix specials.

Recently watched Jo Koy. If you don't mind a few naughty words sprinkled in to enhance a joke, he's hilarious.  Another up and coming young comedian is Taylor Tomislion although she does "get dark" in some of her skits as she has struggled with mental health issues and the passing of her mom, all of which she speaks openly and frankly. Might not be for everyone.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I just found that s21 phones  will not upgrade to Android 13 until sometime next month. And that is a website guess.  It surprised me they don't update closer together.  Not much difference in the 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:
23 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Isn’t AA eliminating first class?  Soon only Biz will be available.  We mostly fly coach because I am cheap, and my wife even cheaper.  🤣

I believe the word is frugal. At least that is the word I use when referring to myself. Of course, the reality if it is that I am cheap too.

I prefer to use the word budget-minded or economical.  They make being cheap & frugal sound like it's a skill.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Last night, our granddaughter Meghan and her team became  the CCC North Champs in Girls Field Hockey.  Meghan is also a Captain on her team.

Luckily for us, we're able to watch our grandchildren on YouTube for most of their games.

On Thursday evening, we were watching Meghan's game.  They were ahead 1 to nothing for most of the game, and just toward the end of the game, the other team scored, tying up the game.  They were going into overtime, and whichever team scored first, they would win the game.  The clock was set for 10 minutes, and both teams went onto the field.  I looked down at my phone, and Meghan's team scored, winning the game!  So exciting for the girls...I can't believe I missed the shot...they couldn't have been on the field for an entire minute when I looked away.

• Like 14