Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you,Graham.

Besides PT sessions, I have made a habit of walking  for thirty minutes a day on our treadmill. I used to take aerobic classes at our local library for seniors (ahem,!) until Covid concerns shut down that activity.

When I first had an issue with herniated discs, the orthopedist and PT recommended daily walking. So far,I think it has helped me get to 70 (almost) without surgery.

Just a thought once Sarah is feeling much better.

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you MJ.

She has also been diagnosed with Cauda equina syndrome as well as the slipped disc.

Screenshot_20230112_141901.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I didn't.  I gave up watching Hollywood award shows a long time ago. Unless Ricky Gervais is hosting. 

Every year I say that I will not watch the following year but I do.

Justin and Eric Stengel who were the head writers for the David Letterman show were nominated many times for Emmy’s .I went to HS with their mother and my wife and I are friends with their parents.They attended every Emmy show and I watched hoping to see them.

One of my closest friends in HS became a movie Director and I watch the SAG awards show and the Oscars looking to see him.One of my daughters and her husband are friends of one of the sons of John Lithgow.Whenever he is nominated we all watch the shows.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

@Tree_skier That slide near Fresno is pretty amazing! I'm sorry. I am getting so tired of this constant rain. I never thought I had SAD, but this is getting kind of depressing. I had to go into neighboring town of Castro Valley today for an appointment, and I forgot the f*** road was washed out and closed. I hate being late. 

Dungeness crab season finally opened on Dec. 31st and we can buy them directly on the dock in Half Moon Bay. I told Bill I wanted to go over and get some. Today he asked when I wanted go, because Hwy 35 is closed. I said where is 35?  (Only I used the f word again) He said, the road that goes over the pass to HFB. I only know roads in my own county. 

So, I am starting to get a little tense and annoyed by the weather situation, even though we haven't had the horrible flooding and damage that others have experienced. I know that others are always worse off than we are. 

Yeah, I'm feeling your pain too.  When I got stuck the other day I was so angry.  That's a rookie mistake that someone like me should never make.  I know others are worse off but this just gets old after a while. A friend of mine who lives over in Coalinga sent me this.  He doesn't know the context only the result. 

image.thumb.jpeg.025036809061a5caa0848657ddb5d78f.jpeg

We've got sun and cloud today but the forecast for the next week, starting tomorrow, is rain or showers through next Wednesday.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

We wanted to order Airtags before our next cruise.  I looked at Amazon Prime and it said I wouldn't get them until the 25th.  To late.  I then checked out Walmart.  I ordered them Monday and they cam in yesterday! Same price.  Glad I checked there.  

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah, I'm feeling your pain too.  When I got stuck the other day I was so angry.  That's a rookie mistake that someone like me should never make.  I know others are worse off but this just gets old after a while. A friend of mine who lives over in Coalinga sent me this.  He doesn't know the context only the result. 

image.thumb.jpeg.025036809061a5caa0848657ddb5d78f.jpeg

We've got sun and cloud today but the forecast for the next week, starting tomorrow, is rain or showers through next Wednesday.

Sorry you having to deal with all that. Hang in there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Before leaving for Christmas I covered my garlic with concerns with the temperature dropping below zero.  Yesterday the temperature was 75°.  With the warm weather the garlic is popping out.  They are actually looking to big.  Now we have another cold front rolling through. 

20230111_161205.thumb.jpg.9b3a6975dbff28f535ade5c8a6d13b0a.jpg

20230111_161219.thumb.jpg.aafacf910e33c27ade475c1bc2d759ff.jpg

20230111_161234.thumb.jpg.20b789638c43766427ce484f817f7633.jpg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 12

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We wanted to order Airtags before our next cruise.  I looked at Amazon Prime and it said I wouldn't get them until the 25th.  To late.  I then checked out Walmart.  I ordered them Monday and they cam in yesterday! Same price.  Glad I checked there.  

I ordered mine  about a little over a week ago.  4 of the 8 I ordered arrived yesterday. The others are supposed to come by Monday.  We don't board Navigator until Jan 30 so I'll have mine in time.  I was surprised by the delay from Amazon. I've got enough for my wallet, both of our sets of keys, my truck and all our luggage.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I ordered mine  about a little over a week ago.  4 of the 8 I ordered arrived yesterday. The others are supposed to come by Monday.  We don't board Navigator until Jan 30 so I'll have mine in time.  I was surprised by the delay from Amazon. I've got enough for my wallet, both of our sets of keys, my truck and all our luggage.

I wonder why Amazon has the delay.  We just got ours set up.  I was wondering were to keep them and then thought, I guess we can put them anywhere.  It's not like we are going to lose them. 😂 

I now need to figure out how long the batteries last and if we should take them out between trips. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Christmas 2023 is finally put to bed. I’m getting too old for all of this stuff but I will persevere.

EF316DF8-2878-4CAD-B831-8BA0D87DFBCB.thumb.jpeg.97b62dc8062912694bd044936acda66e.jpeg

The other stuff is packed in the basement.

That looks well organized.  Maybe next year have a young one to help you put them up.  After a couple of years training and building trust you could pay the one to put them up on their own. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

My Wife has given up on Amazon. Not sure if it has something to do with where we live or what. Pays for Amazon Prime but still takes a week or longer for most items to get here. Now she is ordering more and more stuff from Walmart and it gets here super fast.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Now she is ordering more and more stuff from Walmart and it gets here super fast.

I need to check out Walmart more.  They are quick.  We often do the grocery pickup.  We have had times when they did not have an item so they mailed it to us by the next day with no extra charge. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That looks well organized.  Maybe next year have a young one to help you put them up.  After a couple of years training and building trust you could pay the one to put them up on their own. 

Yes I should since one day he will inherit all of it. I don't know if he will want all of it. But there is some rare, old and expensive stuff in there.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Christmas 2023 is finally put to bed. I’m getting too old for all of this stuff but I will persevere.

We got our Christmas decorations put away last weekend.  Well, almost all.  

We had bought a pencil tree to put in our family room this Christmas, because our main tree was in the living room.  Susan really liked that pencil tree and didn’t want to take it down.  

So this showed up yesterday. 

9DA6AA76-E1BE-42BA-B39E-4A6B27B86EC3.thumb.jpeg.68a8467bf6af558cbfa0136ccb8000dd.jpeg

Now, it is a Valentine’s Tree, decorated with hearts. 

6FCA0FC2-9974-4FB3-9144-80D1C0B7B1AB.thumb.jpeg.3ad57275f33029d86779b9ddb87184d6.jpeg

I can see this staying up for other holidays. Just ignore the snow on the branches. 

• Like 16

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening it is 23.09pm.

We have been at 2 hospitals today with our Sarah for over 11 hours.

Her diagnosis is a slipped disc in her spine pressing on a nerve with fluid leaking.

She had an x-ray at one hospital and the doctor sent us to the regional Major hospital where she had a CT scan and MRI scan.

@grapau27Oh my Goodness, Graham, I am so sorry to read about your dear Sarah's illness. You and Pauline and Sarah will be in my thoughts and prayers. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani would know better but if purchased in the Middle East, it looks like a Passover seder plate to be filled with traditional items and displayed on the dinner table during Passover.. 6th item is usually salt water.

Seder plate

Arrange five items on the plate: a hard-boiled egg; a roasted shank bone; a spring vegetable such as parsley, called karpas; a mixture of fruit, wine, and nuts, called charoset; and either prepared or fresh horseradish, called maror.

Learn About the 6 Elements of a Traditional Seder Plate | Kitchn

Thank you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That it looks like a "Seder" plate was my initial thinking too, but then, it usually says in the middle: "Passover" --   "פסח", which gave me "second thoughts". 

But then my DH "took over", magnified it, and you can definitely see IT IS a "Seder" plate -- we can definitely identify "Karpas" (כרפס), "Charoset" (חרוסת), "Beytza" (ביצה) and "Maror" (מרור)....

Here's a plate I've found on google....

Karpas at the Pesach Seder | Ohr Torah Stone

Thank you so much. Now the design and writing makes sense. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have an app that tries to find stuff by searching for similar pics.  I found the following.  I tried to find it on the Walmart website but it is not there anymore. 

1537195744_Screenshot_20230112_083006_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1e5adf25e51ba83ced203328d4a7ab69.jpg

I'm gonna have to download that app. It will come in handy for a lot of stuff I have laying around the house!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife has given up on Amazon. Not sure if it has something to do with where we live or what. Pays for Amazon Prime but still takes a week or longer for most items to get here. Now she is ordering more and more stuff from Walmart and it gets here super fast.

We get most things from Amazon prime in a day , I also like many of the shows on Amazon . We ( meaning my wife) will put all our Christmas stuff down this weekend, we were late putting the tree up due to cruise 😁😁

• Like 6

11 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Wishing Sarah a  resolution to her back problems.  I had never realised that epilepsy could have that sort of complication. 

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham, Rory also asked me to rely his best wishes for your Sarah xxx

@grapau27

Same here...

Epilepsy is so bad as it is, without the "adds on". So sorry, and hoping for the best 🙏.

6 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Graham- I am sending healing wishes to your Sarah.

If it were me, I would opt for the injections and rest . I can empathize with Sarah as I have had intermittent back issues for years. I avoided surgery by getting physical therapy  a few times.

Hoping each day gets better for her,you and Pauline.💐

MJ🙋🏻

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you,Graham.

Besides PT sessions, I have made a habit of walking  for thirty minutes a day on our treadmill. I used to take aerobic classes at our local library for seniors (ahem,!) until Covid concerns shut down that activity.

When I first had an issue with herniated discs, the orthopedist and PT recommended daily walking. So far,I think it has helped me get to 70 (almost) without surgery.

Just a thought once Sarah is feeling much better.

MJ🙋🏻

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@grapau27 I’m so sorry to hear about your Sarah and all that the three of you are going through.  I hope the injections and rest allow her to avoid surgery.  You’ll all be in my thoughts. 

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Graham- That diagnosis sounds complicated.

Wishing Sarah relief and a good outcome with the planned treatment.

MJ🙋🏻

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@grapau27

All my thoughts and prayers for safety and quick healing.

To Sarah, I hope you feel better quick.

Take care

17 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

@grapau27Oh my Goodness, Graham, I am so sorry to read about your dear Sarah's illness. You and Pauline and Sarah will be in my thoughts and prayers. 🙏

Thank you everyone for your kind words of compassion and good wishes.

Sarah was admitted into hospital this morning and when the surgeon saw her he gave her options for a dangerous operation or injections.

She has opted for the injections which he said will be done in 1 weeks time as an emergency instead of 16 weeks normal.

As well as the slipped disc she has Cauda equina syndrome.

IMG_20230112_195942.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We got our Christmas decorations put away last weekend.  Well, almost all.  

We had bought a pencil tree to put in our family room this Christmas, because our main tree was in the living room.  Susan really liked that pencil tree and didn’t want to take it down.  

So this showed up yesterday. 

Now, it is a Valentine’s Tree, decorated with hearts. 

6FCA0FC2-9974-4FB3-9144-80D1C0B7B1AB.thumb.jpeg.3ad57275f33029d86779b9ddb87184d6.jpeg

I can see this staying up for other holidays. Just ignore the snow on the branches. 

I love Pencil trees because they don’t take up space. I used to have one but wore it out. I love the idea of always having a tree up and changing out the theme for the holidays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We had the same problem last fall.  Ended up ordering ours from Target and they came in a couple of days.  Target and Walmart are both good options.  We still use Amazon a lot.  Just ordered a couple of USB C to USB A cables to charge a portable handwarmer that didn't come with a charging cable.  It was about $5 for two 3 foot cables and got delivered in 2 days.  Can't beat that.  

• Like 3