Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I had the opportunity of walking Miss Zoey today the first time she sat sitting forward. So instead of talking about squirrels, we —I talked about what we saw. 

IMG_1351.thumb.jpeg.b1a4eb5d7efe1b85101791fdb5ca48f1.jpeg

To start the neighborhood has an ongoing tribute to our country thru display of flags. So we stopped and talked about the Stars and Stripes. And I shared with her that both of her great grandfathers served the country, my father was drafted and was honorably discharged  from WW2, my husbands father was an Air Force academy graduate and never made it home from Vietnam. 

IMG_1354.thumb.jpeg.6dfd1e1ede53da3efb01c8d2e93b7635.jpeg

The area near their house has a large population of Asian residents whose children go to Miami of Ohio (University). 
The whole family moved in and some apartments have 6-10 family’s in a 2-3 bedroom apartment. . Few have cars. They leave their Kroger buggies everywhere. Kroger has the night shift comb the area and return to the store. 

IMG_1352.thumb.jpeg.c3256307a09cab018c70d5e69da6c115.jpeg

Now  some people are just litter bugs. 

Straws

IMG_1358.thumb.jpeg.9c54f9b7ee006bfbca197d2c99a81e4e.jpeg

Cigarette packs 

IMG_1357.thumb.jpeg.ce5963f94344b8ddb818368234a63d0e.jpeg

Kroger receipt 

IMG_1355.thumb.jpeg.c793f347d48392ec8b5da55e965d10f5.jpeg

Store bag 

IMG_1353.thumb.jpeg.c5ab4e242d46ee6ecd7b70765f975578.jpeg

Dog outhouse 

IMG_1356.thumb.jpeg.2b5879c1de93ac3216282235927173ae.jpeg

Now too many piles of dog remnants. Picture not necessary. BIG DOG..  Owners to lazy to pick up. 

Tomorrow we attack the park. Beautiful, shaded. I was able to walk 2 1/2 miles. 

Hopefully the scenery will be more of beautiful nature. 

Be safe. 

She is adorable. Love this pic.

Boy do I hate liter bugs. Also we always clean up after our pets. Especially with a new artificial grass backyard.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

And, IMHO, worth every penny!

Normal Katz's order....I go stand in line at a cutter to get pastrami on rye.  Wife grabs a couple hot dogs (mustard only for me) and Matzoh Ball Soup.  Add a plate of potato latkes. Top it off with Dr Brown's Cream Soda.

And then recreate Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally....or not.

IMG_0183.jpg.1b967c025fcf7187044155a98fddca06.jpg

YES worth every penny.  As far as "the sign" goes, I'll have whatever she's having.  🤣

My TX friend ordered 2 pastrami sandwiches from Katz's deli delivered to her home.   She asked me over for lunch and surprised me!  I thought I was getting tuna. 😋She also orders NY bagels, $54 for 12 bagels, not even a baker's dozen.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never went to Katz’ Deli.The last time I was in a Kosher Deli,it was $10.50 for a sandwich and $2.75 for a can of soda.

I've only been to Katz's once.  I'm sure local neighborhood delis have lower prices than Katz's. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm already subscribed.  I thought I would be notified when you post a new video?

Pastrami on rye at Katz's deli is now $25.95.  A can of soda is $2.95.

Isn’t that insane for a sandwich? Is this a single serving size? Maybe I’m out of touch with reality, but I would never pay that much. No sandwich would taste that good to me.

5 hours ago, George C said:

We replaced our Bosch with a new Bosch because my wife wanted new appliances with new kitchen, mistake was we went with three drawer , two drawer was a better option for fitting things.

Our Bosch also has the third rack. At first I thought it would be nice, but since it doesn’t have it’s own spray bar I’m reluctant to put stuff up there.

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Beautiful! And awesome. It looks like they have most of the jumper nets almost completed. That project should have been done a very long time ago. The weather was nice yesterday, but it's been very windy. Have fun on your cruise! 

I’m surprised it took that long to do something about it. When we lived there in the late ‘80’s one of those years had the highest suicide jumper rates. It seemed like it was monthly. My mom came and visited and we took a bus to the bridge. The bus driver asked why we were going there. He was concerned because of so many jumpers. We reassured him we were just going to see it. It was a terrible time with so many suicides in SF.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just looked up the Golden Gate Bridge and what was happening in the late ‘80’s was nothing compared to what was going on more recently. It’s heart breaking. 💔

On another note I have contact dermatitis from mango sap again. It seems to be a yearly event. Ugh! Last week we picked 360 mangos in one day. I have a guy from the Sarasota area that buys from me every year. Last year I was going to have the tree trimmed back as much as possible, but never got around to it. This year I won’t be making that mistake.

I would be happy if it’s about 1/4 or less of it’s size with just enough for Mike (who doesn’t really eat them) and me. I love to dry them in the fruit dryer. Dried as is with no sugar or sweetener. They aren’t pretty like the dried ones in the store, but they taste so good. Actually, they are kind of ugly and I think taste better than store bought. 😁

• Like 12

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

I just looked up the Golden Gate Bridge and what was happening in the late ‘80’s was nothing compared to what was going on more recently. It’s heart breaking. 💔

I don't really want to get into it Renee. But one of the people I used to inspect at a plant nursery was going through a divorce. He killed his wife. Which was horrible enough. But then he took his 5-year-old daughter to the GG Bridge and threw her off before he jumped himself. It just gives me nightmares and nets would have helped. I am a big proponent of the nets. That was the first thing I noticed about the Sydney Bridge. 

Our family has been greatly impacted by Bill's brother's suicide. It was not a bridge thing. No matter the method, it just so affects the people that are left behind. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I had the opportunity of walking Miss Zoey today the first time she sat sitting forward. So instead of talking about squirrels, we —I talked about what we saw. 

IMG_1351.thumb.jpeg.b1a4eb5d7efe1b85101791fdb5ca48f1.jpeg

She's cute! Zoey looks like a doll!☺️

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just got done doing the MRI. I thought I was literally going to freak out. I did not think I was claustrophobic but apparently I am.

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Now I have to hope I haven’t become claustrophobic. I already could never do caves!

MRI tip:  Ask them to give you oxygen tubing, taped to your chest so the air blows across your face.  It can make a HUGE difference, feeling that air movement.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've known her since she was 4 and married her mother when she was 12. She's now 40 so yeah, she'll introduce me as her step father but then tell people she considers me to be her "real" dad vs her biological dad.  Warms my heart every time I hear it. Her relationship with biological dad is a bit complicated.  Let's just say he has a lot of demons, was distant (emotionally as well as geographically) and wasn't the most reliable person.

She also says that when it came to picking a 2nd husband, her mom choice well! 😅  While I consider it a complement, I wonder that the menu selection was like? 🤣🤣

okay, enough patting myself on the back.

My son's GF had a similar experience with her bio-father.  After she turned 18yo, she did an Adult Adoption and became the legal child of her mother's current husband, including taking his last name as her own.

Before finding my birthfather this year, I was considering doing an Adult Adoption with my "surrogate parents" -- the friends who I now call Mom and Dad. I'm already their Patient Advocate when they go into the hospital, and the executor of their estate, so I would have done it mainly to honor them, for stepping up and accepting me when my actual adoptive parents abandoned me. 

But since finding my birthfather Bill, I have given up on that idea... it would seem disrespectful to choose someone other than him to be my parent at this point.  He has stepped into the parent (and grandparent) role wholeheartedly, and now I just feel amazingly blessed to have THREE parents who love me after so many years without.  Love doesn't need paperwork to make it official... love is official all on its own.

• Like 22

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Isn’t that insane for a sandwich? Is this a single serving size? Maybe I’m out of touch with reality, but I would never pay that much. No sandwich would taste that good to me.

Funny, that was exactly my thought when I read that post. I probably would not enjoy one bite of that sandwich knowing what it cost.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

My son's GF had a similar experience with her bio-father.  After she turned 18yo, she did an Adult Adoption and became the legal child of her mother's current husband, including taking his last name as her own.

Before finding my birthfather this year, I was considering doing an Adult Adoption with my "surrogate parents" -- the friends who I now call Mom and Dad. I'm already their Patient Advocate when they go into the hospital, and the executor of their estate, so I would have done it mainly to honor them, for stepping up and accepting me when my actual adoptive parents abandoned me. 

But since finding my birthfather Bill, I have given up on that idea... it would seem disrespectful to choose someone other than him to be my parent at this point.  He has stepped into the parent (and grandparent) role wholeheartedly, and now I just feel amazingly blessed to have THREE parents who love me after so many years without.  Love doesn't need paperwork to make it official... love is official all on its own.

I was thinking of you yesterday. A patient was in the office who was adopted as an infant. For a Christmas present someone gave him one of those Ancestry things. He is in the process of discovering his family. It has been quite an emotional rollercoaster for him. I related some of your story to him. So I guess even on CC I can find ways to help patients. So I'm just letting you know that telling your story here has actually been beneficial to at least one person who you will probably never meet in this lifetime.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm also an anti-Samsung fridge guy.  Last two we've had both had big ice maker issues.  No reliability issues with the fridge itself though.  The ice maker in our current Samsung fridge is toast, but we still like the 4-door model with an adjustable section, since we don't need much freezer space.  We're back to manually filling ice trays with water and dumping cubes into a bin in the freezer.

I've done research on what new fridge to get and no brand with an ice make in the refrigerator section seems to do well.  That's the weakest point in today's models.  If you can survive with an ice maker in the freezer, you'll do better from a reliability standpoint.  Here's a video that I found that supposedly discusses which brands are most preferred by appliance technicians who repair them:

We're probably going to choose a model with a large side by side fridge section on top, an adjustable drawer section below that, and a freezer section with ice maker in the bottom.  Not sure what brand yet.  We're also considering doing a minor remodel to our bar/coffee area to install a stand alone undercounter ice maker.  If we do that, we'll skip the ice maker in the fridge completely.  

Thank you. Very informative video. We saw the 4 door ones with extra ice compartments in the freezer drawers. Some were Samsung but everyone is keeping away from that brand. The Bespoke, which they claim comes with the most warranties is very fancy and nice, but it is a "Samsung". I like the LG brand also. GE is also on my list. So is Kitchenaid.

• Like 2

Dishwashers - We recently purchased the 3 rack KitchenAid.  Absolutely love it.  Very easy to load all 3 racks, including glasses in the top rack which frees up middle rack space.  We previously had a Bosch and liked it as well.

Appliances in general - If you can find the Miele brand, I'd highly consider it.  It's a European brand that has mostly made its way to the US, so our European (and UK 😉) friends here can better comment on the brand than I can.  We have a Miele vacuum cleaner and it's far and away the best vacuum cleaner we've ever had.  No comparison.  If their dishwashers and refrigerators are half as good, they are still great.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Dishwashers - We recently purchased the 3 rack KitchenAid.  Absolutely love it.  Very easy to load all 3 racks, including glasses in the top rack which frees up middle rack space.  We previously had a Bosch and liked it as well.

Appliances in general - If you can find the Miele brand, I'd highly consider it.  It's a European brand that has mostly made its way to the US, so our European (and UK 😉) friends here can better comment on the brand than I can.  We have a Miele vacuum cleaner and it's far and away the best vacuum cleaner we've ever had.  No comparison.  If their dishwashers and refrigerators are half as good, they are still great.

My mom has a Miele dishwasher and loves it. It is very quiet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Apparently a sonar buoy has detected some sort of banging sound. They have no idea if it is truly the submersible that went to the Titanic or not.

This is the first ray of hope if it is the TITAN. 

I have been following this event and praying for a safe outcome. 

But what amazes me is when you watch TV for updates and different channels use different “ experts “ to try and suggest theories as to what happened. Some are quite grim and dim. 

But, I can only hope and pray that crew survives and tell their story……..

Praying. 

Here’s to Hope. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

MRI tip:  Ask them to give you oxygen tubing, taped to your chest so the air blows across your face.  It can make a HUGE difference, feeling that air movement.  

Great advice!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 7:42 PM, QueSeraSera said:

I want to thank those who clarified that my dear wife's birthday wishes were NOT don't get me anything.  Said event happened yesterday, gave her a box of Godiva chocolates and tickets to

AIN’T TOO PROUD: THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE TEMPTATIONS! 

playing in Richmond in July w/ a promise of dinner with the show.

She is happy.  

Never underestimate the emotions that may arise on your spouse's 65th birthday and do get them a present or two!

On 6/19/2023 at 9:48 PM, Coralc said:

Huh! I just turned 65 too. June 11th. Bill gave me a B&N gift card. Which is my most favorite gift. But yours sounds good too. This birthday age was a little tough, so I understand what your wife was feeling. It is one of those transitional birthdays. 😊

Happy 65th birthday wishes.   That was probably my favorite one, because I retired then.  

My least favorite was probably 50, but only because …… well, let’s just say it was ok till the hospital trip.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't really want to get into it Renee. But one of the people I used to inspect at a plant nursery was going through a divorce. He killed his wife. Which was horrible enough. But then he took his 5-year-old daughter to the GG Bridge and threw her off before he jumped himself. It just gives me nightmares and nets would have helped. I am a big proponent of the nets. That was the first thing I noticed about the Sydney Bridge. 

Our family has been greatly impacted by Bill's brother's suicide. It was not a bridge thing. No matter the method, it just so affects the people that are left behind. 

OMG what a sad story. All of those bridges should have those nets.

Btw, Happy belated Birthday Patti!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Arzeena said:

While on new homes and remodels, we are going to get a second fridge. Will move the current one that came with the house into the garage. Researching . LG? Kitchen Aid? Whirlpool? Samsung? Any suggestions/concerns with any brand?
Any model that will plan and cook dinner too?🤣

Adding to the fridge discussion.   My daughter has one of those dreaded Samsung fridges, with all those extra things that can go wrong, including the iPad in the door. 

IMG_7641.thumb.jpeg.5d6bbf2b5e4f824bc156abf50249ccef.jpeg

I know I never would but one. 

We have had our Whirlpool for 11 years now, and like most, the ice maker is the thing that needs attention most often.  I have had to replace the water supply valve a couple times, and just this week had to thaw out a frozen line. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Adding to the fridge discussion.   My daughter has one of those dreaded Samsung fridges, with all those extra things that can go wrong, including the iPad in the door. 

IMG_7641.thumb.jpeg.5d6bbf2b5e4f824bc156abf50249ccef.jpeg

I know I never would but one. 

We have had our Whirlpool for 11 years now, and like most, the ice maker is the thing that needs attention most often.  I have had to replace the water supply valve a couple times, and just this week had to thaw out a frozen line. 

That’s the same one we have.  The only problems with the iPad/computer are user errors 😉, but the ice maker randomly stops working a couple of times a year. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

This is the first ray of hope if it is the TITAN. 

I have been following this event and praying for a safe outcome. 

But what amazes me is when you watch TV for updates and different channels use different “ experts “ to try and suggest theories as to what happened. Some are quite grim and dim. 

But, I can only hope and pray that crew survives and tell their story……..

Praying. 

Here’s to Hope. 

I saw an interview with a person who has been on a dive in this very vehicle. And as he said, thus is not a ride at Disney...

• Like 2