Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

34 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@TravelGirlinDallas can you leave a note on your bed, asking your steward to make up the bunk with a top sheet for the rest of the cruise?

Agree that this should be the norm but your steward seems to have forgotten your son is actually sleeping in there…. 

Dave and I don’t like duvets, they’re too hot for us.  We always ask for a blanket instead and they are always happy to help.  Our last cruise on Mariner he took the duvet and gave us a blanket.  But he didn’t give us a sheet, that’s the first time we’ve had that happen.  He seemed very confused the next day when I asked for a top sheet.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

It was the number on the business card the steward gave us. Brian waited on hold so long because it was late and he was hoping to avoid an in-person trip. After the shower flood, he just went directly down again and didn’t bother with the phone.

This morning, we returned after the ship tour and our room had been serviced. The bunk was again not “made up”. The duvet was removed, roughly folded, and tossed on top. No top sheet. I guess this is just how he does it? In the past when we’ve had the bunk that lowers from the ceiling, the stewards always made it up nice like a regular bed. Not impressed with this. But oh well. We are still having a good time.

This is shoddy service Bethany especially when you are expected to Tip Tip hooray.

I would tell the steward what you require not leave it to how he does it.

Go to reception and tell them about the dirty duvet and how your precious son's bunk is not being serviced.

Pleased to hear the rest of the cruise is great.

Graham.

• Like 4

I have enjoyed photography for a long time.  I also have used Photoshop since the 90s to retouch.  I have been going through old pics which I may overshare.  In 2006 a friend wanted me to retouch some of the photos he took while visiting Cambodia.  Here is one of the originals.

1_FAV100_0786.thumb.jpeg.ef9c2bbd595a36949a1f69346106abfc.jpeg

I wanted to surprise him by removing all the people from his temple picture.  Back then it was not an easy task but once started I would be determined to get it done.  It took hours to get it right.  Here was the finished product from 2006.

2_FAV100_0786.thumb.jpeg.0713206e3b6fbd97e63b3788d536d37b.jpeg

I was curious how long it would take me with Photoshop now.  A reminder, a lot is new to me now so if I try this a few months from now it would probably take half the time but I spent about 30 minutes on the original today and this is how it came put.  So fun.

1_FAV100_0786Cambodiafinal.thumb.jpeg.cf3f29686c89b82249155879937d58ab.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have enjoyed photography for a long time.  I also have used Photoshop since the 90s to retouch.  I have been going through old pics which I may overshare.  In 2006 a friend wanted me to retouch some of the photos he took while visiting Cambodia.  Here is one of the originals.

1_FAV100_0786.thumb.jpeg.ef9c2bbd595a36949a1f69346106abfc.jpeg

I wanted to surprise him by removing all the people from his temple picture.  Back then it was not an easy task but once started I would be determined to get it done.  It took hours to get it right.  Here was the finished product from 2006.

2_FAV100_0786.thumb.jpeg.0713206e3b6fbd97e63b3788d536d37b.jpeg

I was curious how long it would take me with Photoshop now.  A reminder, a lot is new to me now so if I try this a few months from now it would probably take half the time but I spent about 30 minutes on the original today and this is how it came put.  So fun.

1_FAV100_0786Cambodiafinal.thumb.jpeg.cf3f29686c89b82249155879937d58ab.jpeg

Great Job John! Did you remove the people using the clone tool?

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

BD Down Under begins...

Are you going to watch BD Sailing reunion tonight too? I’ll watch Friday for our Cruising with Cocktails night.

Edited by Sea Dog

17 hours ago, sgmn said:

Well our highlight of the road trip has been the drive through the St Bernard Pass. Gary's bucket list trip every since he first saw The Italian Job.  The scenery was amazing and the pics taken mainly from the moving car don't really do it justice.  It was everything we had hoped.

After we drove onto Montreux. We got a hotel overlooking the lake where I'm sitting now.  It's very much a 'grande dame, turn of last century' type of hotel and I love it. 

There's a lovely path running along the lake which we walked down last night and found a great Italian restaurant overlooking the lake for dinner. This is definitely a place I would like to come back to. 

Today we push onto Germany , to Baden-Baden where Gary spent most of his teenage years when his dad was stationed there with the Canadian Forces. 

Below is a few pics and a short video of the drive yesterday (turn up the sound)

20230716_132034.thumb.jpg.5ce4aeea170216a965fd5a6faa75dc90.jpg

20230716_133327.thumb.jpg.6e2275022ab392e09ba9e85841b8f07e.jpg

20230716_151747.thumb.jpg.eba19552982fae588e0ab5d5f4b6f380.jpg

20230716_154513.thumb.jpg.bb23f648f13769cf8c8046bf4c1f07da.jpg

20230716_190156.thumb.jpg.e82e6e504a507de2a586e17d8c16829e.jpg

Stunning ❣️

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, maggieq said:

Can you get an airlines cc to avoid luggage charges?  Before I flew for business I got United’s card that gives you at least one bag for free and group 2 boarding. 

I wasn't aware the airline credit cards offer free luggage options.   We usually use our platinum amex for travel.   

I will check into...Thank you for the suggestion.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

This is shoddy service Bethany especially when you are expected to Tip Tip hooray.

I would tell the steward what you require not leave it to how he does it.

Go to reception and tell them about the dirty duvet and how your precious son's bunk is not being serviced.

Pleased to hear the rest of the cruise is great.

Graham.

I agree. Set your expectations now. This would not be acceptable for the main bed and it is not acceptable for for your son.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks

Kenzie is in Destin.  I loved this pic of her curly hair!  Caden was really missing us so he was able to FaceTime us last night,

K-A.thumb.jpeg.60b25167b3a274a32021e5729249f506.jpeg

C.thumb.jpeg.d3a065166eda29b45d6124bed93a6b18.jpeg

Beautiful kids.  I love Kenzie's curls and the tie dye dresses.   Adorable❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

thank you! I have decided to do a full trip at the end of the trip.

The Oasis TA is still pending. We’ve had so many unexpected expenses come up lately (insert me accidentally backing into the garage door 😬)!

Ouch, what got the worst of it, your car or the door? Does your car have the beeper signal when getting close to objects behind you when backing up?

Arkansas Police department searching for runaway go-kart driver

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Great Job John! Did you remove the people using the clone tool?

In 2006 I used the clone tool.  This time I mainly used the Remove tool.  It is found along with the Healing tools.  On one spot Content Aware Fill worked.  Any artifacts were easily cleaned up with the Remove tool.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

thank you! I have decided to do a full trip at the end of the trip.

The Oasis TA is still pending. We’ve had so many unexpected expenses come up lately (insert me accidentally backing into the garage door 😬)!

At least insurance should take care of the car and garage door.    Don't beat yourself up, accidents happen.

• Like 4