Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey if your interested Colin has a YouTube channel called “Sailing Parlay Revival.” It’s series of videos about him buying a hurricane damaged sailboat and his effort to rebuild it and sail it around the world. I’ve watched a couple of episodes and it’s really interesting. You should check it out.

I have watched some of his series.   It is really interesting.   He really worked hard on rebuilding/restoring The Parlay.    Looks great!       

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I forgot Below Deck Down Under was back but I caught it last night.  I have to catch up a bit but noticed Culver is back.  I also wonder if Captain Jason is not as adorable as last season😳

Oh He is definitely as adorable as last season😇

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

She's doing better every day but it's often 2 steps forward, one step back.  She's off pain meds and as of today, off muscle relaxers (even though she still gets an occasional muscle spasm).  She was able to walk to the end of our street today.  Her 2 week post-op appointment is in 8 days and she's hoping that she'll be feeling "normal" by then, even though the doctor said no serious activity for a month.  Patience isn't exactly one of her best qualities. 😁

Thanks for the update. Wish her well from us.

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Hoping all posting here on Dani’s thread are able to stay cool as so many parts of the US and the world are experiencing high temperatures this Summer. 😎 

@Sea Dog Hoping your second surgery/recovery is easier than what you experienced with the first surgery. At least you will know how the procedure works as you have been through it.
A good friend of mine had knee replacement surgery two weeks ago. She is recuperating  at home, but she is having great difficulty.

She uses a cold compression machine to help with the inflammation. Still, her range of motion is at 60% , but the Dr is looking for 90% .

We keep

in touch wilt daily texts as she is not comfortable

to chat on the phone now.

As to the Christmas decorations. In our area, some landscape companies put up decorations for clients as the gardening/mowing season is over and they have found a market to help people install their holiday decorations.

Do you have such a service offered by landscapers in your area?

Maybe something to look into.

Take care everyone !

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️ 

Tell her that it will be a slow road for awhile but stay patient and positive. It will get better. Range of motion only comes with therapy. She will get there.

haven’t decided if I’ll get lights on the house this year or not.

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Your 2nd knee replacement might surprise you by allowing you to recuperate quicker than the first and with less pain.  This is my wish for you!

Thank you so much Bonnie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When you receive offers from Celebrity for inside cabins do they allow you to pay the difference to upgrade?

It sure but I think so , but we already have arise in November and another in March the offer was for some in October and November from California, hopefully we will get another offer later . In two years wife will retire so more time but less money 😢😢😢

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sue, Charlie is feeling better.  They are just trying to get his medication right. Thanks for asking😊

Glad he's feeling better!  He certainly had you (and us) worried.

I hope 🙏🏼  they get those meds straightened out soon. 

Take care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

We leave on the Oasis Aug 4th and we are combining many celebrations into one week. Wife's birthday, my birthday, our 41st anniversary and the 45th anniversary of our first cruise.

Congratulations on the birthday and anniversary celebrations.  Cruising Oasis is the way to do it.  

• Like 1

Totally unrelated to any recent posts, but they are starting on the new flooring installation tomorrow. 😊 It seems really exciting, until you consider the reality of how much stuff needs to be moved/put somewhere else. The loveseat is gone. Two cabinet end tables are gone. The sofa is on the front porch and will remain there until we have enough stuff for a bulky waste pickup. We're not even doing the bedrooms. We are going to keep them carpeted. Living room, kitchen, and hall. It has been 3 weeks of moving stuff, packing stuff and getting rid of stuff. Bobby and I will hang out in the master bedroom. 🙄

• Like 13

8 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We were onboard last week. Windjammer was typical. MDR was good; food was always hot and the service was fairly speedy. We really missed the daily "classics" choices they used to offer. 150 was really great. But hibachi was the best! I think it was the giant heaping spoonfuls of garlic butter that the chef added to everything that made it all so delicious. 😂

I am curious how different things are this week on the president's cruise. During our all-access tour, we saw stacks of boxes of champagne and other supplies tucked away in corners with labels indicating they were being saved for the president's cruise.

Those were probably the Moet Chandon “Garden Spritz”.  They hosted a garden party in the Central Park for P’s today, D+ later in the week.  It is a new product for them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

We leave on the Oasis Aug 4th and we are combining many celebrations into one week. Wife's birthday, my birthday, our 41st anniversary and the 45th anniversary of our first cruise.

Happy Anniversaries and Birthday's to both of you.   Cruising is the perfect place to celebrate.  Enjoy🥂🌻⚘️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

Habatchi was great , I really liked Giovanni on allure , I am definitely in the minority but I tried 150cp on oasis and allure and didn’t care for it .

Giovanni’s is my favorite on Allure.  Lunch and dinner.   And I join you on 150cp.  It was a one and done for us.  I don't remember which ships we were on but we tried Jamie's a couple times and are done with it too.  UDPs are getting to high for us. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Until I saw this next post

2023 Royal's President Weeks cruise.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/presidents-cruise

I'm surprised I haven't seen any Live review threads on it or complaints about Pins taking over the Suite Lounge😄

P’s haven’t ‘taken over’ the Suite Lounge.  They are using one of the venues (Blaze) for the HH.  If we want coffee or snacks during the day, we have access to the D lounge.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Giovanni’s is my favorite on Allure.  Lunch and dinner.   And I join you on 150cp.  It was a one and done for us.  I don't remember which ships we were on but we tried Jamie's a couple times and are done with it too.  UDPs are getting to high for us. 

What kind of menu does 150 have? We're new to this class ship.

So if it's July, it must be time to consider buying Halloween costumes and winter jackets, right? Well, at least Costco thinks so as they have Halloween costumes out for sale along with leather jackets. 

Y'all ready to say, Treat or Treat? 

20230722_103536.thumb.jpg.983e7ef4dc470240c0d041854fc2480e.jpg

20230722_111411.thumb.jpg.9a690180086dcaea5ff876f87ff1e697.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11