Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Food options on this ship aren't that great,we may not going back to the MDR the rest of the cruise.

Drinks are good though.

20230923_140806.jpg

20230923_134202.jpg

20230923_131915.jpg

We have not been happy with the food since January.  We just eat less now. It’s not all bad but certainly not memorable.  Now it’s just eat to sustain not something to look forward to.  At least they haven’t messed up the cheese bread.

• Like 1

I don’t even know how far behind I am. I just read back a page or so and @Jimbo I have to say those pictures are amazing.  
I’ve been busy with final packing, we had our pool closed for the winter and got all the furniture  put away. Andy did all the fall trimming back of shrubs, etc so we are ready to go!  Our flight is scheduled for 7:15 pm tomorrow night and hoping no major delays because of this tropical storm.  We fly out of Philadelphia, it was the only nonstop flight I could find to Venice, not even from JFK or Newark. We’ll drive down early tomorrow morning, spend the day with our oldest and her family, then they’ll take us to the airport.  So bonus - free parking at their house 🙂
We ended up with one checked bag, one carry on and we each have a backpack.  I could’ve done it with just two carryons and the backpacks but we’d have no room for any purchases.  
I plan to post some updates and photos here and I may do a post vacation Trip Report in the form of a comparison between RC and Celebrity. 
It’ll tough to sleep tonight! 

• Like 19

18 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I don’t even know how far behind I am. I just read back a page or so and @Jimbo I have to say those pictures are amazing.  
I’ve been busy with final packing, we had our pool closed for the winter and got all the furniture  put away. Andy did all the fall trimming back of shrubs, etc so we are ready to go!  Our flight is scheduled for 7:15 pm tomorrow night and hoping no major delays because of this tropical storm.  We fly out of Philadelphia, it was the only nonstop flight I could find to Venice, not even from JFK or Newark. We’ll drive down early tomorrow morning, spend the day with our oldest and her family, then they’ll take us to the airport.  So bonus - free parking at their house 🙂
We ended up with one checked bag, one carry on and we each have a backpack.  I could’ve done it with just two carryons and the backpacks but we’d have no room for any purchases.  
I plan to post some updates and photos here and I may do a post vacation Trip Report in the form of a comparison between RC and Celebrity. 

Have a safe flight and a wonderful cruise! Looking forward to your pictures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Have a great cruise. I look forward to any updates and pictures you do. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy you enjoyed your trip!  We always get aisle seats also.  Bathroom trips much easier!!

I used to chose aisle seats for that reason. Now, I’m back to window seats for the view.  My recent domestic flight home , I got the best of both worlds - a window seat and the row to myself.

@Luckynana welcome back. Glad you had a nice trip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We all are said to have people in this world who resemble us.

When my daughter was a teenager, she said I looked like every other middle-aged woman - especially in summer..She would send photos in the family chat of the ladies in the supermarket, the bank, on a cruise etc that apparently dressed looked identical to me…

blonde Bob hairstyle

floral top

white or blue shorts

open toe leather sandals with a small wedge heel

Pandora charm bracelet

cross-over handbag

and for as long as I known DH,   His brothers and  friends send each other photos of people in crowds that look like Australian actors and musicians.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We're back in town, and I see that I am 25 pages behind.  Jim and I had a nice time visiting my oldest sister in Scottsdale for 5 days.  Our flights both going to and coming from were good.  It helps that we sit on opposite aisle seats instead of being scrunched in middle seats like I was in last year🤨

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with family!  And sitting in aisle seats sounds like a great idea.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sue and I finally met this morning in lounge.   Our guys were both sleeping due rough seas last night.   

She is a lovely person🥰  Wish we has met sooner but was really nice to meet today.  We chatted for a while.

I'm glad you two finally met and had a lovely time chatting.  Safe travels home to the four of you.

@Momof3gurlz Deb, have a safe flight and a wonderful smooth cruise.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Have a wonderful trip, looking forward to pictures.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Say it ain’t so!!   @Sunshine3601 or @sgmn or @Jimbo, or anyone else sailing now.  Has Royal completely done away with the Apple blossom desert?   After they switched from that raisin filled apple pie to the Apple blossom, that was one of Susan’s favorite deserts.  She can’t eat anything with raisins in, because she is highly allergic to them.

Her sister and BIL are on Liberty this week, and she told her that was one of her favorites.  They haven’t seen it on their menu (not even the kid menu).  Sure enough, I pulled up their sailing on the app, and I don’t see it any night.  I also looked at our December Symphony sailing, and I don’t see it there either, although the menu wouldn’t be correct this far out.

I may have to sweet talk our waiters to bring some pie from JRs.  They have done that before when their pies had raisins, and JRs didn’t. 

I'm sorry to say No Apple Blossom in MDR.  

I think it may have been in Chops but we both had the cheesecake.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I'm excited to hear about your trip.   Safe travels tomorrow.   

Looks like flights to and from Phl should be okay tomorrow.

It is pouring rain and very windy onboard Serenade tonight.   Seas had calmed down a bit this afternoon but really rocking now.

Since this was a 12 night sailing we had some new menus.  I think they are trying out some new and oldie but goodies for us to prepare for the world cruisers.    We have been very happy with our food this whole trip.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Has Royal completely done away with the Apple blossom desert?   After they switched from that raisin filled apple pie to the Apple blossom, that was one of Susan’s favorite deserts.  She can’t eat anything with raisins in, because she is highly allergic to them.

Her sister and BIL are on Liberty this week, and she told her that was one of her favorites.  They haven’t seen it on their menu (not even the kid menu).  Sure enough, I pulled up their sailing on the app, and I don’t see it any night.  I also looked at our December Symphony sailing, and I don’t see it there either, although the menu wouldn’t be correct this far out.

I may have to sweet talk our waiters to bring some pie from JRs.  They have done that before when their pies had raisins, and JRs didn’t. 

Apple Blossom is only available at lunch in the MDR.  And maybe only offered one time on a cruise.  You’d have to look out for it on each sea day’s lunch menu.  We had ours on the Arctic Crossing Day.

I had the Fish & Chips of Icelandic Cod.  This one is for @grapau27

784B5047-491E-4BBA-B57F-2DCABAC8AD47.thumb.jpeg.22ab1e28cbdfca028d59fb6805dcd46d.jpeg

And of course, the Apple Blossom.  This one is for @Tree_skier and everyone else who loves this.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.65d4ac976619ed984cdee57da207e568.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was at Labadee once when they landed a helicopter for a med evac. No idea where they took the patient. A Hatian hospital would not be too appealing to me.

I would hope they took them the DR. A Haitian hospital would terrify me. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Have a great trip and safe travels.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have had a pretty windy and rainy gray day. I went down the the beach around 7 tonight. The North Atlantic is a bit angry. Pictures don't really capture it well.

20230923_190231.thumb.jpg.1c8ad93d9fc779753e6f1a0807806376.jpg

20230923_190250.thumb.jpg.30b869b8202d5c4d2338350a0640f7bb.jpg

I can vouch the sea is angry tonight.  We are off the coast of Nantucket now.   High winds, heavy rain and rocking and rolling.   Quiet night onboard, lots of folks in their cabins.

Screenshot_20230923_221922_Chrome.thumb.jpg.16d1fd890e1338f98a9ca3c5b5282dea.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

My grandson Daniel’s 11th birthday was Friday, so we were at our daughter’s house for his party yesterday. 

IMG_9007.thumb.jpeg.af54e4155b32406403a4da0e5e8e73c0.jpeg

Football theme party, they had a cake decorated as a Patrick Mahomes trading card. 

IMG_8998.thumb.jpeg.05c5843f02ea6ac5d797e7b26cb4a715.jpeg

All of the boys at the party got several packs of trading cards to open for one of the games.  Those with the best cards would win prizes. 

IMG_8997.thumb.jpeg.ab0bcdec90c2c76eaa67fe97cd5df7db.jpeg

• Like 21

47 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My grandson Daniel’s 11th birthday was Friday, so we were at our daughter’s house for his party yesterday. 

IMG_9007.thumb.jpeg.af54e4155b32406403a4da0e5e8e73c0.jpeg

Football theme party, they had a cake decorated as a Patrick Mahomes trading card. 

IMG_8998.thumb.jpeg.05c5843f02ea6ac5d797e7b26cb4a715.jpeg

All of the boys at the party got several packs of trading cards to open for one of the games.  Those with the best cards would win prizes. 

IMG_8997.thumb.jpeg.ab0bcdec90c2c76eaa67fe97cd5df7db.jpeg

Happy belated 11th birthday Daniel.

61cmK-llCqL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Like 2