Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Glad @Jimbo you and your wife are feeling better. We survived the same cruise without incident.

I have only had Covid once, about 9 mos. ago.  I only took the test because my daughter-in-law was pregnant. It was a mild case to the extent I was able to continue my daily run and I just stayed away from everyone until negative. I took no medication, but I have no health issues (knock, knock, knock on wood).

Best to all.

PS We have the Carnival Venezia scheduled for February as I have mentioned before. Will try to squeeze in a cruise if we can before then.

Best to all.

Here is a picture of our door magnet hopefully you didn't walk by our door and pick up the "Vid"

20230926_142058.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Today is our 41st anniversary. I cooked chicken parmesan for our dinner. Just another work day for us we will celebrate again on our cruise in February.

Which ship in February? Oh, and happy anniversary! And... I love chicken parm.🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Here is a picture of our door magnet hopefully you didn't walk by our door and pick up the "Vid"

Ha! Very nice magnet!  We were on deck 7 forward and walked through a few decks getting here and there but never I think on deck 8. 😉

• Thanks 1

@Ourusualbeach We’re sailing Apex in a few weeks.  Pretty familiar with Celebrity and the Edge Class.  Anything specific you’d like to know?

@Ozark_Kid Oh, dear, I’m so sorry you had such a rough start to your cruise!!  I applaud your attitude and by all means enjoy your cruise.  We’re holding positive thoughts!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

RC has made it to the room with a charger that is not made for this wheelchair but may work.  We will see.  

At the worse the Rollator  converts to a transport chair.  The problem with that is someone has to push it.  It will work out.  We are pretty much over it now.  Not going to let it ruin the cruise. 

The world would be a much better place if everyone had your outlook on life.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

After reading the weeks drama threads I have come to the conclusion that a certain poster has too many opinions and just likes arguing.🙂

I’d have a few guesses to whom it could be. 😆

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@Ourusualbeach We’re sailing Apex in a few weeks.  Pretty familiar with Celebrity and the Edge Class.  Anything specific you’d like to know?

@Ozark_Kid Oh, dear, I’m so sorry you had such a rough start to your cruise!!  I applaud your attitude and by all means enjoy your cruise.  We’re holding positive thoughts!!

Nothing specific yet.  Just nice to hear impressions of the infinite verandah...seems to get a lot of negative reviews. 

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

😁Lot of speculation on the scenarios there!🤣

I am reading about the bag o bones malnutrished diners on board some sailings. How dare these companies take their money and not serve them proper 7 course meals at least 9 times a day. So bad!!!😉

Which thread please?  I can’t find this topic when I search the board.

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Looks like you probably drove past my son’s place to get there.  We cross GG every time we visit him.

We saw a lot of nice photos of their outing yesterday in Sonoma.  They were eating at Folktable, near the airstrip for the vintage aircraft.

I thought about you and your son & family when we crossed the bridge to Marine County.  It is really pretty there.  Which town are they in?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

Today is our 41st anniversary. I cooked chicken parmesan for our dinner. Just another work day for us we will celebrate again on our cruise in February.

Happy 41st wished to you.

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing specific yet.  Just nice to hear impressions of the infinite verandah...seems to get a lot of negative reviews. 

We loved it!!  That said, I’m happy I don’t have to choose between S Class and E Class…there are things I love about each.  While I do enjoy having an actual balcony that you can sit on and look at the stars on S Class…I love the infinite veranda on E Class for the other benefits it has.  It really is unfortunate that they were named “infinite verandas.”  There is no “veranda.”  Maybe “panoramic oceanview with a window you can open” would be better…😜  As I’m sure you know, if you aren’t sure about the IV, you could book early and get a SV and have a regular veranda.

For me I enjoy looking at the ocean from air conditioned comfort…don’t have to worry about salt spray or anything on the chairs or floor…or the balcony glass being coated in salt spray on both sides.  Can enjoy the view regardless of sun, lack of breeze or rain.

But mainly the things I like about E Class are the cabins have King size beds!!!  And we love the view from Eden.  And I love the four MDR concept.  The theater on E Class is amazing.  Magic Carpet is a wonderful place to have a drink.  Lots of other things…

I personally like to try different ships…different shows…different menus.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We loved it!!  That said, I’m happy I don’t have to choose between S Class and E Class…there are things I love about each.  While I do enjoy having an actual balcony that you can sit on and look at the stars on S Class…I love the infinite veranda on E Class for the other benefits it has.  It really is unfortunate that they were named “infinite verandas.”  There is no “veranda.”  Maybe “panoramic oceanview with a window you can open” would be better…😜  As I’m sure you know, if you aren’t sure about the IV, you could book early and get a SV and have a regular veranda.

For me I enjoy looking at the ocean from air conditioned comfort…don’t have to worry about salt spray or anything on the chairs or floor…or the balcony glass being coated in salt spray on both sides.  Can enjoy the view regardless of sun, lack of breeze or rain.

But mainly the things I like about E Class are the cabins have King size beds!!!  And we love the view from Eden.  And I love the four MDR concept.  The theater on E Class is amazing.  Magic Carpet is a wonderful place to have a drink.  Lots of other things…

I personally like to try different ships…different shows…different menus.

We are a fan of the bigger Roysl ships so E class would probably be the best fit for us.  We slso rarely use the balcony but like having the natural light and fresh air at times.  For me it gives me a nice space to set up my portable office on board. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We are a fan of the bigger Roysl ships so E class would probably be the best fit for us.  We slso rarely use the balcony but like having the natural light and fresh air at times.  For me it gives me a nice space to set up my portable office on board. 

I really liked the entertainment on E class, if it’s in your budget the suite perks are fantastic but price is ridiculous recently, I booked a grand suite on a oasis class and that was over a thousand less per person. Also if you are diamond on rccl you will be elite on Celebrity and that gives you a bag of laundry each.

We enjoyed dinner in the main dining.  

Started off with the traditional Shrimp. 🍤 

20231002_203509.thumb.jpg.8ecfbb4d451fe938e1bc118b2a0f334c.jpg

They offered fried chicken with mash potatoes and corn on the cob.  They said you could substitute a grilled chicken breast.   I did the grilled chicken breast. 

20231002_204955.thumb.jpg.f1f0fa080bb87f09191f64c83c564bc3.jpg

It came out with different sides.  The waiter was kind enough to take it back and get the original sides! 

20231002_205341.thumb.jpg.4d7d1699171a5f575c79af702e6fb66c.jpg

The sauce in the cup was really good.  Honey with Tabasco sauce.  I loved dipping the chicken and mash potatoes in it.

For dessert I went with the Boston Cream pie. 

20231002_211603.thumb.jpg.daa935ee768d3598a1cd1b77fc16422c.jpg

• Like 13

4 hours ago, maggieq said:

Unfortunately, Covid is still here along with the flu and now rsv.   It’s not specific to cruising. 

I wish that more people would realize this. 

Covid is not The Plague that it was portrayed to be originally for most people.  Yes, some people died from it (and continue to die from it), but some people ALSO die from influenza or RSV or chickenpox or other viruses and bacteria, too.  You're either susceptible / at-risk based on your DNA and/or health conditions, or you're not.  

I'm so frustrated that the hospital organization I work for is continuing to threat coronavirus as something "special".  We have a whole section of the employee website devoted to what hoops we have to jump through if we test positive, and different rules for when we can come back to work, but there are no such accommodations for influenza, RSV, common cold, etc.

Amazing, isn't it, that if our unit is fully staffed, we have to take ten full days off after testing positive for C-19... but if our unit is short-staffed we can come back after five days but we have to wear a mask until the 10-day mark... but if our unit is CRITICALLY short-staffed, we can come to work the same day we test positive, as long as we don't have a fever (and we have to wear a mask for ten days).  

If I test positive for C-19, I have to send in a photo of my employee badge with the positive test result... but if I test positive for influenza, I don't have to send in anything.  ?????

*sigh*

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3