Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@dani negreanu As others have written, I think of you, your family and friends often.

Hoping that you all stay safe. Wishing that agreements between countries  could be negotiated without so much loss.

I hope it helps, in a small way, to know that many people are thinking of you and praying for a return to normal days where you are with your friends celebrating with a lovely meal. 

+1🙏🏼

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The only trouble I am having now is finding a carrier to haul it around.   The one we tried this week is not working.   The wheelchair is 430 lb and many carriers have a 350 lb limit.

Perhaps you know this, but Braun makes conversion vans that allow one to drive a powered wheelchair right up and in to the van.  The wheelchair is then secured to the floor either via hold-down straps or an automatic device that locks on to the wheelchair frame.  

My son is on his second Braun van.  The first was a Chrysler, the current one is a Toyota Sienna.  Braun has a nice web site showing the possibilities.  There is at least one other company that makes wheelchair conversion vans, VMI.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, George C said:

Congratulations to the Texas Rangers for winning there very first World Series, huge underdog. 

So exciting!! The 7th grader stayed up wayyy past his bedtime to witness this historical moment and all of the hoopla afterward. While we weren't able to swing attending WS game, he did get to see this team play a couple of weeks ago in one of the ALCS games. At the end of last year, he insisted they were going to the WS, back when they were terrible and their manager had just been fired. Of course, I laughed. I should have believed him.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, George C said:

Congratulations to the Texas Rangers for winning there very first World Series, huge underdog. 

13 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So exciting!! The 7th grader stayed up wayyy past his bedtime to witness this historical moment and all of the hoopla afterward. While we weren't able to swing attending WS game, he did get to see this team play a couple of weeks ago in one of the ALCS games. At the end of last year, he insisted they were going to the WS, back when they were terrible and their manager had just been fired. Of course, I laughed. I should have believed him.

Although I admit to not following the Rangers journey, I do have Texas pride!  And what a win!  First time in 63 years.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Sea DogGreg-Wishing you a successful outcome of the knee surgery.

That is interesting that your Dr ordered a bike to use for exercise at home after the surgery.

Hoping it aids in a quick recovery for you.

Yes the bike is new. He did not prescribe one on my other knee.  It basically pedals for me and has different levels of resistance. There is a computer connected to my wi-fi and sends data back to the doctor.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes the bike is new. He did not prescribe one on my other knee.  It basically pedals for me and has different levels of resistance. There is a computer connected to my wi-fi and sends data back to the doctor.

Good luck tomorrow, Greg, on another successful knee replacement.  You've got this, kid!!😉🙏

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure that I've ever seen a unanimous vote before.

As reallymema said, it was a great tribal counsel.  I have to say, I no longer care for that person, most especially after he called Bruce an "old man" and smirked when Bruce got up to vote.

Just now, Luckynana said:

Good luck tomorrow, Greg, on another successful knee replacement.  You've got this, kid!!😉🙏

Thanks Maryann. I’m getting my typical pre surgery anxiety that I always get. Having trouble getting all my prescriptions done. Insurance did not want to pay for the pregabalin so doctor substituted gabipentan. Then because of a stupid new Missouri law I can only get 7 days of Oxycodone. Do the doctor will have to write a new script after that plus one prescription will not be ready until Monday which does me no good when I get home on Sunday. So we will have the script sent over to another CVS. Needless to say CVS pharmacy is all screwed up right now. They have some serious problems on how they treat their pharmacists plus the pharmacy is now closed on weekends which makes things even worse.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Good luck with your knee surgery tomorrow, and with the bike.  How long will they have you use the bike?  I assume it is to help with your range of motion, or to keep things flexible.  

You will probably be shocked at how much they charge your insurance for use of one of those.  I know I was shocked to see they charged 10k for the month I wore a WiFi heart monitor.  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Very interesting.

Hoping you will report about using the bike/technology as people who are facing a TKR will have info about it to discuss with their doctor.

Hoping all goes well tomorrow for you.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Good luck with your knee surgery tomorrow, and with the bike.  How long will they have you use the bike?  I assume it is to help with your range of motion, or to keep things flexible.  

You will probably be shocked at how much they charge your insurance for use of one of those.  I know I was shocked to see they charged 10k for the month I wore a WiFi heart monitor.  

Medicare will pay the the first 3 weeks of the bike. It’s all on a computer program so the bike will do most of the work.

IMG_3683.thumb.jpeg.ec4ad4e3953368d67bff45dba35fdc55.jpeg

1 minute ago, MJSailors said:

Very interesting.

Hoping you will report about using the bike/technology as people who are facing a TKR will have info about it to discuss with their doctor.

Hoping all goes well tomorrow for you.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Yes I will report back. Thanks for your well wishes.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, George C said:

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Although I admit to not following the Rangers journey, I do have Texas pride!  And what a win!  First time in 63 years.

Congratulations and enjoy the celebrations. Since neither of the NY area teams made the playoffs, I've been rootin for the Rangers, mainly because they never won a WS ever in franchise history, even when the team was the old Washington Senators.  Nice to see some new blood in the playoffs.  Plus, 2 of their pitchers - Evoaldi & Montgomery - are ex-Yankees that the team never should have let go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Maryann. I’m getting my typical pre surgery anxiety that I always get. Having trouble getting all my prescriptions done. Insurance did not want to pay for the pregabalin so doctor substituted gabipentan. Then because of a stupid new Missouri law I can only get 7 days of Oxycodone. Do the doctor will have to write a new script after that plus one prescription will not be ready until Monday which does me no good when I get home on Sunday. So we will have the script sent over to another CVS. Needless to say CVS pharmacy is all screwed up right now. They have some serious problems on how they treat their pharmacists plus the pharmacy is now closed on weekends which makes things even worse.

Good luck with the surgery & recovery.

Not that it's any consolation but I've always had issues with my CVS pharmacy are well. At least 50% of the time they claim to not have received my prescription even though the doctors office confirms it was sent.  There are always long lines of people picking up their orders and they seem perpetually understaffed. I wonder if there is a pharmacist shortage in the  country?  At least they have limited hours on Saturday.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Not that it's any consolation but I've always had issues with my CVS pharmacy are well. At least 50% of the time they claim to not have received my prescription even though the doctors office confirms it was sent.  There are always long lines of people picking up their orders and they seem perpetually understaffed. I wonder if there is a pharmacist shortage in the  country?  At least they have limited hours on Saturday.

There is a nationwide shortage of Pharmacists. Combine that with CVS’s working policies and working them to the bone. Apparently Walgreens has the same problem. There is always a line to pick up prescriptions inside and even outside in the drive through. Most of time I only see one pharmacist working along with 2 or 3 techs.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Customer service totally sucks at cvs and Walgreens, I think I will move my prescriptions to Walmart they can’t be worse . 

• Like 3