Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Arzeena said:

You are perfect Mr. Bear! 😁. I am sure Mrs Bear (Linda) is as affectionate.

I am looking forward to meeting the two of you so much.

And if it helps, RJ always has teary eyes at the end of a sentimental movie especially when people come together in the end!

Yeah I am a sap. Any happy ending at a movie, a touching commercial or even a great emotionally powerful song. I get teary eyed easily.

• Like 8

@brillohead One of the shows I really enjoyed was House.  There was a website run by an MD who critiqued each episode and pointed out medical inaccuracies or clever plot twists.  Reading it was a lot of fun.

As a retired pilot my DH is always commenting on wildly improbable scenarios involving planes in movies or TV…

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@brillohead One of the shows I really enjoyed was House.  There was a website run by an MD who critiqued each episode and pointed out medical inaccuracies or clever plot twists.  Reading it was a lot of fun.

As a retired pilot my DH is always commenting on wildly improbable scenarios involving planes in movies or TV…

I know what you mean. When the tv "news" show '60 minutes' first appeared, was a must watch show very Sunday night, till they aired a segment om general aviation. a subject that i have  experience with, and I started to realize that it was pure BS, and would never watch it again. Even worse , it continued winning awards for some reason. as is if it was reporting something real .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Wow, that is BALLSY!!!!

Yes, it was Ballsy to ask.    The Realtor gave this whole song and dance about how we should help these first time homebuyers with funds for closing costs.  She stopped her pleading when Eric replied "they are not first time homebuyers they just sold their townhome in a nearby town".   When the buyers signed the contract I had looked online their current address and info on their FB and Linkedin pages.     Did she forget the internet existed or maybe she figured since it was an Estate Sale we would just be happy to close.😁     

Eric drove by this morning and said they have begun demo and have all the carpet from the bedrooms and window blinds in the driveway for trash as well as wood stakes for their fencing.    Guess they really didn't need that $2,000 credit😇

• Like 12

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Anyone notice the thread about Taylor Swift cruise went poof.  No agency was mentioned and it is on an RC ship, so it seemed suiting for the boards.

The magical gold dust keeps flying. That must be why I keep sneezing.😜

• Haha 7

40 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I enjoyed it too. Hugh Laury was my favorite.

The actual Princeton Plainsboro was/is in my neighborhood in my old hometown. Although PP was mostly conceptual at that time and a lot of it was shot off location.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, it was Ballsy to ask.    The Realtor gave this whole song and dance about how we should help these first time homebuyers with funds for closing costs.  

Sounds like that realtor could be a frequent poster on the tipping theads.

• Haha 8

Had a nice Veterans Day, went to a nice restaurant and had a free prime rib dinner was surprised they also comped my key lime pie. Then went to a Michael Finestein concert singing Judy Garland songs , stayed at a hotel across the street. Sailing on Harmony in two weeks 😁.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yeah I am a sap. Any happy ending at a movie, a touching commercial or even a great emotionally powerful song. I get teary eyed easily.

But it's okay if we poke gentle fun at Hallmark Christmas movies?

My sister and sis-in-law love those movies. In fact, I'm pretty sure SIL never changes the channel all  of Nov & Dec and has it on constantly as background noise. Of course, being the jerk-face than I am, I'll point out that they are not real Christmas movies but love stories that just happen to have a Christmas tree in the background. To be a REAL Christmas movie you need Santa or Jesus or Elf's or an angel. Or at least a talking snowman or flying reindeer.

Although I do have to say the houses are beautifully decorated as are the downtowns.  I always marvel that the cars are showroom shiny despite the snowy road conditons & people clothing never get dirty or wet, not a hair out of place despite the long walks thru the slushy snowstorms. Now that is some Christmas magic right there!  I might have come full circle in my thinking. 😅

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

But it's okay if we poke gentle fun at Hallmark Christmas movies?

My sister and sis-in-law love those movies. In fact, I'm pretty sure SIL never changes the channel all  of Nov & Dec and has it on constantly as background noise. Of course, being the jerk-face than I am, I'll point out that they are not real Christmas movies but love stories that just happen to have a Christmas tree in the background. To be a REAL Christmas movie you need Santa or Jesus or Elf's or an angel. Or at least a talking snowman or flying reindeer.

Although I do have to say the houses are beautifully decorated as are the downtowns.  I always marvel that the cars are showroom shiny despite the snowy road conditons & people clothing never get dirty or wet, not a hair out of place despite the long walks thru the slushy snowstorms. Now that is some Christmas magic right there!  I might have come full circle in my thinking. 😅

Sure it’s ok to poke fun. Trust me those movies can’t be taken too seriously. They are for fun only. Now if you want take your Hallmark Christmas Movie watching to a new level. Try playing the Hallmark Christmas Movie Drinking Game.

IMG_3811.thumb.jpeg.1b709d543f4e9d55c3560d9d5f9598b7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The magical gold dust keeps flying. That must be why I keep sneezing.😜

I’m sure there’s a swab test for this.  Just be thankful that it is expulsion from the upper torso and not the bottom end. 😂

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Most likely it was filmed in Canada where all of them are filmed. Lower productions costs for Hallmark who cranks out the formula driven movies for 30 movies each season. Yes the plots are predictable but I like them and watch them. I’m not expecting Gone with the Wind. They are what they are a Christmas spirit feel good movie. No sad endings and all is right in the end. Call me stupid if you like but they obviously have their viewers as it’s a huge cash cow for my local town business Hallmark. I’m happy to support them.

My late cousin Helen worked many years for Hallmark writing the words in their cards..I cannot recall how she got the job but we occasionally watch the Hallmark Chanel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sounds good. Where do you like to go to eat and drink in Cozumel?

Pancho’s Backyard is our favorite restaurant, will most likely stop at Seniors Frogs , must stop at margaritaville to honor the late great Jimmy Buffet. Tend to drink anyplace with live music.

• Like 3