Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

Almost finished with ornaments I am making for the ladies I play mahjongg with.  Had to order the red fabric, had hoped the tiles would be a bit smaller print sp you could see more. Oh well.

Still have a few more non mahjongg ones to make but have more time for those.

20231211_153616.thumb.jpg.4f4312a0ee8b9ae02f06091c751e92bc.jpg

Very nice...I love the creativity.   

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I had diarrhea after that one!😖

Seriously glad you had a clean bill of health. 

The guy was clearly lined up off sides, no idea why both Mahomes and Reid were whining on the sidelines and during the press conference after the game.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The guy was clearly lined up off sides, no idea why both Mahomes and Reid were whining on the sidelines and during the press conference after the game.

Loads of sports reporters were saying the same thing , still will not count out Chiefs . Buffalo against Dallas should be good this Sunday. 

We loved Timmy. He hung out with us for about a year and half before he was apparently hit by a car. There was a minor car accident on our street, and the firemen/paramedics showed up. Timmy loved trucks and he was standing in between us, gobbling the whole time they were working. A couple of the firemen walked over and asked if he was a pet, and did we feed him? We said no. They asked if we could pet him, we said no. He is a wild turkey. He used to sleep on the neighbor's upstairs balcony railing. 

Timmy. Thinking the garbage truck is chasing him down the sidewalk. It is pretty funny. Make sure your sound is on, if you want to hear him gobble: https://video.nest.com/clip/1863cf05ea7a4f8283f18e0e42aaa5b4.mp4

Timmy on New Car.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You obviously think that my comment was that I think it wasn’t a penalty . It was, the Bills did everything to win and the Chiefs did everything to lose. I didn’t cry or whine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sea Dog said:

You obviously think that my comment was that I think it wasn’t a penalty . It was, the Bills did everything to win and the Chiefs did everything to lose. I didn’t cry or whine.

There's no crying in football.... somebody tell Mahomes that.

image.thumb.png.e59d11ca3f54193e587a62a9fe3188f5.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The turkeys used to fly up onto the trees in my Mom's yard in Rosebank years ago.  I never knew that turkeys could fly, until they started going in Mom's trees.

I just asked Jim if he saw any turkeys while at the doctor's in South Beach, but he said he didn't see any.  Isn't that unusual?  Or have they somehow alleviated them near the hospital there?

About 25 years ago, I was playing golf at the club I belonged to at the time.  The left side of the hole had a forest, and it was all out of bounds off the tee, the right side, had some small cedars, and a road, also, out of bounds.  At that time my golf ball flight was a hook from right to left…. So, I always aimed at the cedars on the right, they were not tall, maybe 25 feet.  So, I hit, it without any hook, and I was a bit on top of the ball, so it didn’t go high maybe 20 feet high.  Right thru one of the cedars.  Instantly a dozen juvenile turkeys came out of the tree.  

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I think we are READING the same one.  The couple travelled around the US in a RV for 3 years prior to this world cruise and have packing and living in a small space down to an art form.  Their use of magnetic items on the cabins walls is particularly impressive.  The ticket off the countries wall poster that RC supplied is cute.

The one with the forward cabin with little extra room to use for a closet is genius to keep the cabin uncluttered.

The RV folks with everything on the walls including shoes gave me angst.  I do use hooks for hats and papers but I don’t cover every inch of wall with them.  I’m not trying to be critical, it just wouldn’t work for me.  I’m considering getting a hanging jewelry bag for inside the closet. 

I’m waiting for one more couple to show us their room.  They said they had previously cruised in the same cabin, took measurements etc to figure how to get it all in. 

We actually use a lot of organizational things every time we cruise.  We do not pack light.  

• Like 5

Greetings from Harmony!

IMG_6199.thumb.jpeg.5bd87b056cdfeac194929201134068cc.jpeg

IMG_6232.thumb.jpeg.59f975b846309ff57a6defde56987a71.jpeg

Adult Comedy in The Attic

IMG_6252.thumb.jpeg.792b17d01fe8fea85bb07fe22eeb6865.jpeg

Balloon drop at midnight

IMG_6263.thumb.jpeg.779506234c474b9129833398815c1f7b.jpeg

IMG_6265.thumb.jpeg.dabfa5394b86aee2f7eb332b57099ef0.jpeg

And of course a sunrise 

IMG_6274.thumb.jpeg.3c9cbf84eff3c83dd5086a06a995701a.jpeg

IMG_6280.thumb.jpeg.42e69a4908aa0139bfdeae1c3f8c2bb7.jpeg

The gym this morning.  It was actually pretty crowded.

IMG_6293.thumb.jpeg.e10dc72a0ffddd00208201baddde77af.jpeg

Menorah to celebrate Hanukkah 

IMG_6323.thumb.jpeg.d503defc4d3d68f875c4ba193238f493.jpeg

We observed the Menorah lighting for the 5th day of Hanukkah by Rabbi Gary Gans

IMG_6326.thumb.jpeg.8046bd4379d3f2dcf705ab5bc371e80c.jpeg

Then we attended the Hanukkah Service in the Windjammer.  We learned a little bit of the Jewish history and culture.

IMG_6330.thumb.jpeg.60bbf0313b2a10af4f49b03f8c23f0f7.jpeg

The Windjammer prepared some food for the service- potato latkes and donuts.  So we shared this after the service.  Rabbi Gary said the latkes are not like his grandma’s.  He said the greasier and crispier the better. The first thing I looked out for was whether they were like the ones that Dani @dani negreanu made.  These did not look like hers.  

IMG_6331.thumb.jpeg.0e10600aa3d06b0d9cd893a230a1cd11.jpeg

IMG_6332.thumb.jpeg.260fb370311447c41152b8a19df5774d.jpeg

Tonight’s 90’s Party in the Royal Promenade
IMG_6334.thumb.jpeg.50232e9a2f8173721923a61cf2e48645.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@DaniDanielle  we have lots of wild turkeys here in Southeast Michigan!

Same for Southwest Michigan!

It's not unusual to see a whole bunch of them beside the road across the street from a pharmaceutical plant.  Makes me wonder if they're getting "turkey superpowers" from chemical contamination!  🤣

• Haha 9

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

We loved Timmy. He hung out with us for about a year and half before he was apparently hit by a car. There was a minor car accident on our street, and the firemen/paramedics showed up. Timmy loved trucks and he was standing in between us, gobbling the whole time they were working. A couple of the firemen walked over and asked if he was a pet, and did we feed him? We said no. They asked if we could pet him, we said no. He is a wild turkey. He used to sleep on the neighbor's upstairs balcony railing. 

Timmy. Thinking the garbage truck is chasing him down the sidewalk. It is pretty funny. Make sure your sound is on, if you want to hear him gobble: https://video.nest.com/clip/1863cf05ea7a4f8283f18e0e42aaa5b4.mp4

Timmy on New Car.JPG

Timmy is a beauty but wouldn't want those sharp nails on my car.

That's cute how Timmy stood between you watching.   Sad he was hit by a car.😪

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is wet and 46°F here in north east England.

Tomorrow will be 7 years since I joined Cruise Critic and it has been lovely to chat with so many nice people during this time.

I hope everyone is safe and well and prayers 🙏 uplifted to one of the best people on here Dani @dani negreanu and her family and country.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2