Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Good job, Renee! The bag looks familiar. Did we see that on Jewel? I think there was one that you were interested in but then it was gone because someone had bought it.

Yes, that is John’s list. No matter how I try, I cannot make any headways. I am a total lightweight. We’ll see how we do on Icon.

Yes, they had it on the Jewel. They are having new drinks on the Icon so I’ll be making a list of the ones I can find beforehand. I’ll make several extra copies.

• Like 1

A couple of things about my mom's rotator cuff surgery. Unique, to only my mom. Apparently, she had bone spurs somewhere that severed both of them. She realized that she could no longer lift her arms up high. She told me that her whole side had turned purple. (Probably from blood draining down) 🙄 My reaction was OMG. She said it didn't hurt. And didn't go to the doctor. 

She had shoulder surgery on one shoulder and they removed the bone spur and tried to re-attach it. It didn't really work. And then when she moved up to the mountains, she found a new doctor who wanted to try replacing it with pig cartilage 🙄 After I don't know how many hours, he came out and said, "Your mom said you are a biologist, and I wanted to show you photos of the surgery!" He was all very excited. I said, "Okay. Fascinating." 

It didn't work either. About 2 days later she went into afib, and fainted. (Ambulance) And she spent a few more days in the hospital. (In her 80's). The shelf grabber was a helpful thing. I just thought the whole thing was weird. 

Best wishes for a wonderful recovery for Linda. @Sea Dog  And I am glad that Mike is doing so well after his. @ReneeFLL

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

A couple of things about my mom's rotator cuff surgery. Unique, to only my mom. Apparently, she had bone spurs somewhere that severed both of them. She realized that she could no longer lift her arms up high. She told me that her whole side had turned purple. (Probably from blood draining down) 🙄 My reaction was OMG. She said it didn't hurt. And didn't go to the doctor. 

She had shoulder surgery on one shoulder and they removed the bone spur and tried to re-attach it. It didn't really work. And then when she moved up to the mountains, she found a new doctor who wanted to try replacing it with pig cartilage 🙄 After I don't know how many hours, he came out and said, "Your mom said you are a biologist, and I wanted to show you photos of the surgery!" He was all very excited. I said, "Okay. Fascinating." 

It didn't work either. About 2 days later she went into afib, and fainted. (Ambulance) And she spent a few more days in the hospital. (In her 80's). The shelf grabber was a helpful thing. I just thought the whole thing was weird. 

Best wishes for a wonderful recovery for Linda. @Sea Dog  And I am glad that Mike is doing so well after his. @ReneeFLL

Thanks for sharing your story. I had no idea about using pig cartilage. Linda also had bone spurs but I’m not sure how bad they were. The surgeon said her rotator cuff was a medium size tear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, h20skibum said:

You know you have been at your rental long enough, when your wife starts getting Amazon deliveries here. 

IMG_0260.thumb.jpeg.a2edb03a5f64dc2b586ab9b95799a1ca.jpeg

Reminds me of when I was on my ten-week stint of cruises... the chlorine from the pools/hot tubs was making my swimsuits disintegrate, so I ordered replacements online and had them delivered to the Airbnb where I was staying for an overnight between ships.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I cannot help but wonder, if I had been on a 9 month world cruise, and what if I had discovered the lump in my neck at 5 months, at what point do you leave the ship to get home to seek treatment. Who and when does that decision get made? 

You would have to decide.  It's your neck on the line.

• Like 2

I walked around the buffet this morning. The smaller buffet for Diamond guests. 

IMG_2961.thumb.jpeg.7942773e43bde968b817c7479e4d3915.jpeg

You can walk over to the larger buffet area from our side. The photo below is their  yoghurt, cheese and cold cuts area. They have all the other regulars spots like omlet, crepes, and smoothie stations. 

IMG_2963.thumb.jpeg.aa0ac1f12fec5611263baef5b2fa5153.jpeg

This was the most interesting find for breakfast. 

IMG_2962.thumb.jpeg.103bfb63a67dcfaac40bb6bdca9c6eb0.jpeg

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I walked around the buffet this morning. The smaller buffet for Diamond guests. 

IMG_2961.thumb.jpeg.7942773e43bde968b817c7479e4d3915.jpeg

You can walk over to the larger buffet area from our side. The photo below is their  yoghurt, cheese and cold cuts area. They have all the other regulars spots like omlet, crepes, and smoothie stations. 

IMG_2963.thumb.jpeg.aa0ac1f12fec5611263baef5b2fa5153.jpeg

This was the most interesting find for breakfast. 

IMG_2962.thumb.jpeg.103bfb63a67dcfaac40bb6bdca9c6eb0.jpeg

I like the proteins that they have for breakfast. Mornings on RCI are such a carb fest. And plenty of those carbs are poor choice ones.

• Like 1

Almost had a sunrise. 

IMG_2966.thumb.jpeg.1ff29d54d3b67ffb9cf2d730f393c3eb.jpeg

This is the most sun we have had the last few days. Unfortunately it has been cool, and if the sun was out it would be warmer. Currently it is overcast. 

IMG_2968.thumb.jpeg.c3478a99770fb066d69e4c1a9c4c2a70.jpeg

Still hanging by the pool. Thankfully it is heated. 

IMG_2969.thumb.jpeg.8b65e9f367f99467337f54475ae8c7ff.jpeg

With the empty pool Owen and I decided to throw the football. 

IMG_0187.thumb.jpeg.4543bc47d974d569411530b2e2a89083.jpeg

Lucy, is that you?

IMG_2965.thumb.jpeg.5fb648e9bece4a22a12d473fb6d12853.jpeg

No, this is her at home. 

IMG_0191.thumb.png.0d097eebec49f12a0d69083c1af70b14.png

• Like 22

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I have seen them on the Allure, Jewel and now the Adventure. I’ll check the Icon and Odyssey next month and February. I don’t remember seeing them on the Odyssey last month, but I didn’t look. I’ll post a picture after we get home.

I guess I didn’t see it.

You can find it on page 7 under the title of March 15,1960 The Greatest Ever Basketball Game Played.

• Like 1