Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

the Airport breakfast view. 

IMG_3297.thumb.jpeg.aeb769b4618e80fcb523e8ac08a3fc79.jpeg

Good choice.  

Somehow, our grandkids were hungry after the big crab lunch yesterday, so they went to Air Margaritaville at Ft. Lauderdale airport, before their flight last night. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are doing good.   Looking forward to our trip to Ft Myers mid January then we hop on my Boss's boat for a couple days and dock at Gasparillo Island.    Have you ever been there?  Looks beautiful from what we've seen online.

Your trip to Ft. Myers sounds exciting.  How big is the boat you will be staying on?  Will we be seeing you on a Below Deck episode?  (Lol..jk😁). I've never heard of Gasparillo Island, but Jim said that he has, but knows nothing about it.  I'll have to Google it.

Actually, anywhere in and around Florida is beautiful.iMO.

Will you be getting the snow that's being forecast?  My grandchildren would love to have a snowstorm, but I don't believe our part of Jersey will be getting any, but it's anyone's guess.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 43°F and sunny here.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Good morning Graham!  We had rain for perhaps 20 minutes this morning.  We're supposed to have rain today, as well as the next couple of days, but the weather people don't always get it right😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Exactly! I get it but I would wish they would make things to last.

I regret getting rid of the washer and dryer when we bought our home 7 years ago, and bought Samsung washer and dryer since they hold bigger loads.  The dryer never gets everything dry.  So very frustrating.

• Like 3

Speaking of flights…..

Our daughter and her family did not have the best end to their vacation.  I dropped them off for their direct flight on SW to Pittsburgh last night.  So I go to the flight aware website later, to check on their progress home, and the flight had disappeared from the screen.  

I did some more searching, and found that their flight had been diverted to Nashville.  That is not exactly on a direct line between Ft. Lauderdale and Pittsburgh.  

The official explanation for diverting the flight was that Pittsburgh was experiencing icing, and the engine anti-icing system was not working.  Who schedules a plane going to Pittsburgh in January, with a non working system?

They did get on another SW plane, but didn’t get home till 2am.  So now, grandkids are back to school this morning, probably falling asleep.  Daughter had to get up early, and is already in Cleveland for her second cancer vaccine shot. And, Susan and I are tired from being awake most of the night and early this morning, checking to see if they made it everywhere they needed to be.  

• Like 17

40 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Will you be getting the snow that's being forecast?  My grandchildren would love to have a snowstorm, but I don't believe our part of Jersey will be getting any, but it's anyone's guess.

NJ is welcome to any snow that is targeting RI.

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The official explanation for diverting the flight was that Pittsburgh was experiencing icing, and the engine anti-icing system was not working.  Who schedules a plane going to Pittsburgh in January, with a non working system?

Apparently...Southwest.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I've seen them on a few Royal ships. Here are the 4 that I have. Three of them came with long straps. I prefer shorter straps so I made the ones with the beads.

20240102_120457.thumb.jpg.b157187fd7afd3024b5f971c3faf068a.jpg

Love these!  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I regret getting rid of the washer and dryer when we bought our home 7 years ago, and bought Samsung washer and dryer since they hold bigger loads.  The dryer never gets everything dry.  So very frustrating.

Every Samsung product I’ve ever owned was horrible and never lasted. I know others who love Samsung but I will never own any of their products. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Every Samsung product I’ve ever owned was horrible and never lasted. I know others who love Samsung but I will never own any of their products. 

I like their phones and ear buds a lot. I don't care for their TVs or other appliances 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree.  I hated my Samsung phone and Samsung pad.  I stopped using both for quite some time now.

Our internet is back on!!!  We finally got a Service guy who knew what he was doing!!  Here's hoping🫰 it stays working for the Season!😊

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I agree.  I hated my Samsung phone and Samsung pad.  I stopped using both for quite some time now.

Our internet is back on!!!  We finally got a Service guy who knew what he was doing!!  Here's hoping🫰 it stays working for the Season!😊

Which Samsung phone did you have and what did you not like about it?

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had an Andrea TV that lasted 45 years.It was known as the Cadillac of Televisions .

I never knew anyone else who had an Andrea.

Now replaced by Alexa. 😁

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Thank you this helps a lot.  Do you know which of the three coves of Chill Island have good snorkeling or do all three?

Well, I don't even bother taking my mask and snorkel off the ship at Coco Cay anymore.  You might see the occasional fish along the edges where the rocks are, but there's really not any "good snorkeling" at Coco Cay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

415765593_10159835432841905_7455133738227975832_n.jpg.5c208cd004fb9ba658a9fa29bdeb935f.jpg

I do my best work under pressure.

I get more house cleaning done 30 minutes before guests are to arrive than I do in an entire month. 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Their Flat Screen Tv's are great, appliances is another story.

• Like 1