Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Regarding Samsung phones, the Galaxy "S" series is their flagship product & probably their best. The problem, or more accurately, the confusion is that now Samsung attaches the Galaxy name to just about everything they make.   I've know a few people that owned the Galaxy "A" series (A50, A23, etc) which is their budget model. It seems to be fine for phone calls & texting but they are always running out of space to download apps & it seems to run slow and somewhat clunky. Mid-range camera so not great but not awful.  Of course, these people are now complaining how awful the Samsung Galaxy phone is, which is only applies to the "A" series, not the "S" series.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e which I love, it's almost indestructible.  If you could see how many cracks it has, you'd be surprised it still works.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Regarding Samsung phones, the Galaxy "S" series is their flagship product & probably their best. The problem, or more accurately, the confusion is that now Samsung attaches the Galaxy name to just about everything they make.   I've know a few people that owned the Galaxy "A" series (A50, A23, etc) which is their budget model. It seems to be fine for phone calls & texting but they are always running out of space to download apps & it seems to run slow and somewhat clunky. Mid-range camera so not great but not awful.  Of course, these people are now complaining how awful the Samsung Galaxy phone is, which is only applies to the "A" series, not the "S" series.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e which I love, it's almost indestructible.  If you could see how many cracks it has, you'd be surprised it still works.

I agree. Samsung should have reserved the Galaxy name for the S line. I don't think people are as adept at making distinctions based on the letter. I also think some may inadvertently assume that A is better than S. It is great that your S10e is still meeting your needs. I used to pull out my S8 once in awhile to charge and update the apps but that has fallen by the wayside. I live in my S22 now.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally getting around to it to let y’all know.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.1095b7e8bf7eb7bf2b2539685e2664b2.jpeg

DS1 is expecting their first 3/15/2024

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

Congratulations! Wonderful news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm with Jimbo on this one.  We have several of their TVs and have had good luck with them.  Refrigerators are a completely different story.  Never again.  Add us to the list of Maytag users when it comes to washers and dryers.

We love their TVs, and that’s all we have. 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Edit: I wish more Meile appliances were more broadly available in the US.  Love our Meile vacuum cleaner. 

My mom has their dishwasher for over 10 years and vacuum.  One of the quietest washers I’ve ever heard. Sharon has their vacuum as well.  Both have complained that they have to use them though. 😂

• Haha 10

50 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

it's a 13 night on Vision.  We visit San Juan, St. Croix, Martinique (first time there), Barbados, St. Lucia & St. Kitts.  Have a great time on Wonder.  Safe travels.

Enjoy your cruise.We went to Martinique the first time in 1994 .To us we felt it was Paradise and have always enjoyed going back there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally getting around to it to let y’all know.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.1095b7e8bf7eb7bf2b2539685e2664b2.jpeg

DS1 is expecting their first 3/15/2024

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

Congratulations to you and the family.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm the furthest from a Southwest cheerleader (they're my last-resort of the airlines I'd consider), but since there was a diversion, my guess is the equipment broke after the flight was already in the air.

How is your cat doing?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm the furthest from a Southwest cheerleader (they're my last-resort of the airlines I'd consider), but since there was a diversion, my guess is the equipment broke after the flight was already in the air.

I hope your cat is feeling better.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have an LG OLED television. I can't remember how old it is now but I really like it and no regrets about the purchase.

I have an LG OLED TV and love it.  We got ours when the government was sending out all that money a couple years ago.   I have never heard a negative thing about them from an owner of one.  The only negative I've heard is from others that have never owned a LG OLED.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Much better! We saw the vet yesterday evening and it seems she just had a bit of a bug. She's eating more each day, so that's a plus! Thank goodness!!

Great! Thanks for the update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m finally getting caught up after a busy week, well actually a few weeks including the holidays. I got all the Christmas decorations put away this week. Why does it seem to take twice as long to put them away as it does to bring them out and decorate? Different mindset, I guess.
We are on our second Samsung TV and have been pretty happy with both. The first one lasted nearly 10 years, we only replaced it for a bigger one when we moved to this house in 2017.  Our Samsung refrigerator is fine but has that mysterious ice maker issue, where it just randomly stops working.  Andy wanted the one with the electronics and computer screen, supposedly we’re going to watch TV on it or listen to music. We’ve had the fridge about 3 years now and neither of those things has happened.  We also have a Samsung dishwasher, it’s just okay.

Tomorrow morning we fly to Orlando to spend 3 nights at Walt Disney World.  Our daughters are running in the marathon Sunday morning, so we’re all going to show our support.  In actuality, only Cristina has a chance to finish as she’s the only one who’s actually trained for it.  Jessica will be at a very slow pace, mostly fast walking, due to her pregnancy.  Ali hasn’t really trained at all but she has completed half marathons before so she will also end up a combination of walking and running.  It sounded like a great idea many months ago when they registered, LOL.  

When we get home, I need to buckle down and figure what we’re doing next month prior to our two cruises. We’re on Allure 4 night, 2/26 then right onto Adventure 8 night, 3/1.  We want to spend several days before somewhere in FL and probably a few days after as well. We’re driving so we have plenty of flexibility.  
Safe travels to everyone flying or driving this weekend and Bon Voyage to those cruising!

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope your cat is feeling better.

Thanks! She is. We saw the vet and she seems to have just had a bug - or possibly overate, puked, and had the cat equivalent of fear of puking. She's eating a bit more each day and got a clean bill of health.

• Like 8

@Ozark_Kid

I just opened up a big fat envelope for my birthday. It had  no name on it so I was wondering who sent it. Till I opened it and a ton of rice fell out.....I knew at once it was from my Uncle Ben!

You always put a smile on my face with your dad jokes so here is one from me for you.

Copied from a corny (and free) news letter I picked up in Florida.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m finally getting caught up after a busy week, well actually a few weeks including the holidays. I got all the Christmas decorations put away this week. Why does it seem to take twice as long to put them away as it does to bring them out and decorate? Different mindset, I guess.
We are on our second Samsung TV and have been pretty happy with both. The first one lasted nearly 10 years, we only replaced it for a bigger one when we moved to this house in 2017.  Our Samsung refrigerator is fine but has that mysterious ice maker issue, where it just randomly stops working.  Andy wanted the one with the electronics and computer screen, supposedly we’re going to watch TV on it or listen to music. We’ve had the fridge about 3 years now and neither of those things has happened.  We also have a Samsung dishwasher, it’s just okay.

Tomorrow morning we fly to Orlando to spend 3 nights at Walt Disney World.  Our daughters are running in the marathon Sunday morning, so we’re all going to show our support.  In actuality, only Cristina has a chance to finish as she’s the only one who’s actually trained for it.  Jessica will be at a very slow pace, mostly fast walking, due to her pregnancy.  Ali hasn’t really trained at all but she has completed half marathons before so she will also end up a combination of walking and running.  It sounded like a great idea many months ago when they registered, LOL.  

When we get home, I need to buckle down and figure what we’re doing next month prior to our two cruises. We’re on Allure 4 night, 2/26 then right onto Adventure 8 night, 3/1.  We want to spend several days before somewhere in FL and probably a few days after as well. We’re driving so we have plenty of flexibility.  
Safe travels to everyone flying or driving this weekend and Bon Voyage to those cruising!

Have a safe flight to Orlando and enjoy your stay.

Post pictures, please?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Ozark_Kid

I just opened up a big fat envelope for my birthday. It had  no name on it so I was wondering who sent it. Till I opened it and a ton of rice fell out.....I knew at once it was from my Uncle Ben!

You always put a smile on my face with your dad jokes so here is one from me for you.

😆 That is going into my Dada base .  Love it! 

I try to hold back so I don't overwhelm.

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks! She is. We saw the vet and she seems to have just had a bug - or possibly overate, puked, and had the cat equivalent of fear of puking. She's eating a bit more each day and got a clean bill of health.

Very glad to hear it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Saw the movie "The Iron Claw" last night. A true story about the Von Erich wrestling family - Dad & 4 sons, set in 1980's Texas.  I've never heard of them but apparently they are very famous in the wrestling world. It's not really a wrestling sport movie but more of a story of how the 4 brothers interact with each other & their Dad. My friend told me not to look anything up about the family before watching the movie & I'm glad I didn't as it would spoil the full impact.

Von Erich’s were big in Dallas area when I moved here in 1982 , I will most likely watch the movie, I believe I saw one or two in a local bar after moving here , tragic story. 
  Haven’t flown southwest in a decade , they don’t have first class . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have an LG OLED TV and love it.  We got ours when the government was sending out all that money a couple years ago.   I have never heard a negative thing about them from an owner of one.  The only negative I've heard is from others that have never owned a LG OLED.  

Never had or wanted an LG Oled,still afraid of the burn in some of the sets can get.

Watch to much ESPN and news channels  that have those   bars on bottom of shows.

Edited by Jimbo

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Ozark_Kid

Copied from a corny (and free) news letter I picked up in Florida.

35 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😆 That is going into my Dada base .  Love it! 

I try to hold back so I don't overwhelm.

If you're looking for more Dad jokes to add to your dada base, try this YouTube channel.  He's also on Instagram here.

I also follow this Instagram account for daily+ dad jokes

image.thumb.png.8c01ee440bb83a87649bf0799609de74.png

• Haha 13