Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We took a "break" from our grim reality and flew to see the grands in Amsterdam for a week.

Our eldest decided at the last moment to join us for the week-end (working anyhow from home Thursdays and Sundays). So he worked from his brother home instead....

We took a late night flight together on Wednesday and DS1 flew back alone Sunday night, just in time to sleep 3 hours and be at the office at 9am on Monday.

We "brought" with us a very cold spell of weather, instead of warm... And, of course, a rare event of snow in Amsterdam, where the grands got to "experiment" ice for the first time.

Bundled up.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e19ff0bffad919498ec88fd46e65ace.jpeg

DS1 playing football with his nephews.

image.thumb.jpeg.c970036c0d02ee90b5ab5851dd54e69c.jpeg

Look!! Snow AND ice...

image.thumb.jpeg.6e59f916f8a33ae19e212c90724a94c7.jpeg

I’m so happy you were able to get away and spend time with your precious family. I love Amsterdam. Such a beautiful city.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We took a "break" from our grim reality and flew to see the grands in Amsterdam for a week.

Our eldest decided at the last moment to join us for the week-end (working anyhow from home Thursdays and Sundays). So he worked from his brother home instead....

We took a late night flight together on Wednesday and DS1 flew back alone Sunday night, just in time to sleep 3 hours and be at the office at 9am on Monday.

We "brought" with us a very cold spell of weather, instead of warm... And, of course, a rare event of snow in Amsterdam, where the grands got to "experiment" ice for the first time.

Bundled up.

Look!! Snow AND ice...

I am so glad you had a break and with family.  Hope you get more breaks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for sharing Dani.  This type of get away is what you need both need.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2024 at 8:29 PM, Lionesss said:

I wanted the Lyons to win and glad they did!!!!!

Oops. I mean. Lions. 

😁

Mike’s godfather has the same last name . Mike Lions lives in Kentucky and always had horses. Maybe a distant relative? You never know. He used to fly for Pan Am and then Delta. 

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 1/21/2024 at 11:00 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We celebrated GS’s 5th birthday today.  This cake was made by his other grandma.  GS couldn’t decide which part of the car he wanted to eat.

IMG_6921.thumb.jpeg.c3c502fbdcd7262a558f684df3c2f9d9.jpeg

IMG_6923.thumb.jpeg.35792dd21cbc84316db5c0a2929714ce.jpeg

IMG_6927.thumb.jpeg.3dd41e3138e7a418bddeb84f23e0d613.jpeg

IMG_6932.thumb.jpeg.1d79dcd2674b0387533b27abf4f09f90.jpeg

IMG_6933.thumb.jpeg.b8017983eec27732c87346e6b0d89be3.jpeg

IMG_6934.thumb.jpeg.020d062a73a5c29b1a44d44b3a06f0f3.jpeg

IMG_6935.thumb.jpeg.d457907ebb68fb9d4ac13cb954a55ed0.jpeg

Very cute cake. Happy birthday to your GS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 7:02 AM, h20skibum said:

Cute cake.   It must be something about boys, and their 5th birthdays.  

My California grandson had a truck cake for his 5th.  I may have posted these before. 

IMG_1495.thumb.jpeg.76a55878b3ad9ed2e3e6a599d3cf5cc7.jpeg

The lady who did this, did a lot of special baked, decorated items for George Lucas.  

IMG_1494.thumb.jpeg.01baa36bea8b21e5a0b8b2620fa13c06.jpeg

Very talented. Everything was edible, including the checkerboard base and tires

IMG_1493.thumb.jpeg.5984fd8b4bbdabda8be75e89146a8f37.jpeg

My job was to balance that, as we drove 10 miles from the baker to the birthday venue.  Not an easy task. 

Very cool cake. I know how time consuming and very heavy they can be.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Bundled up.

Look!! Snow AND ice...

I'm glad you could find some peace and happiness with your family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Bundled up.

Look!! Snow AND ice...

So happy to hear you were able to get away and have your family together in Amsterdam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Bundled up.

Look!! Snow AND ice...

So wonderful to see you and DH spending much needed time with your family.  How much those handsome grands of yours grew!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

There’s no cut off age for surgeons? Is he actually still doing surgery? 

Apparently not.In addition I have a cousin who will be 82 next month who is an Opthalmologist in PA who performs surgery as part of his practice.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Momof3gurlz  Happy Birthday wishes to Ellie and to your SIL also.

What a fun weekend you had!!  I haven't bowled in many, many, years.  I used to love it and was on several leagues many Moons ago.

Toby and I were in a Couples League in 1986.It was the first time we bowled in 18 years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Bundled up.

Look!! Snow AND ice...

This warms my heart to see you reunited for several days with your grandsons, as well as having S1 and S2 altogether.  I am so glad to see some happiness in your life here, Dani!❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bundled up.

Look!! Snow AND ice...

Adding my happy feelings 💖 along with the rest of the gang. So nice to see you post & to get away from the griminess. Hopefully there will be more getaways like this in the future, for longer periods of time too.  Like 12 or 18+ months, if that's possible & something you'd want. 🙂

Glad the kids got to enjoy ice & snow. After all, who doesn't? 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bundled up.

Look!! Snow AND ice...

This warms my heart, too.  How joyous it was for your family to be reunited.  I hope you get to plan another “break” in the near future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dani-So very pleased for you and your husband that you were able to visit with your “boys” and daughter in law. The look on your face in the photo says it all. ❤️ 

Hoping there will be many more of your family get togethers in the future.

Shalom

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have just returned home from a brunch at a diner with friends from HS.

I have been in constant touch with one all through college up till now. The other one reached out this past Christmas after almost 40 years of just connecting with  an occasional Christmas card.

It was as if we left each other yesterday!

The conversation flowed, reliving memories of school days and weddings to catching up with our present lives. 
We plan to arrange for an overnight hotel stay  in the Spring with, possibly, two more HS friends.

Old friends are the best as we share so much of our early lives with each other.

As we get older, there are fewer people who remember us in our youth.

My friend reaching out was a true blessing!

Hoping everyone is having a pleasant day-feeling safe and loved!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

I have just returned home from a brunch at a diner with friends from HS.

I have been in constant touch with one all through college up till now. The other one reached out this past Christmas after almost 40 years of just connecting with  an occasional Christmas card.

It was as if we left each other yesterday!

The conversation flowed, reliving memories of school days and weddings to catching up with our present lives. 
We plan to arrange for an overnight hotel stay  in the Spring with, possibly, two more HS friends.

Old friends are the best as we share so much of our early lives with each other.

As we get older, there are fewer people who remember us in our youth.

My friend reaching out was a true blessing!

Hoping everyone is having a pleasant day-feeling safe and loved!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

There is nothing better than good friends .I have two friends who I have known since I was 4 .I am in contact with HS and college friends.

• Like 3