Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I was pleasantly surprised with the Wicked trailer.

I just wish they'd just do the full thing this year with an intermission like the show rather than the studio money grab of breaking it into 2 movies. At least they're ending the first movie in the same place Act 1 ends.

I didn't even realize they were making a movie, much less two. I loved the play, one of my favorites.

25 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I think Super Bowl commercials peaked in the 1990's & 2000's and have set a very high bar that is tough to live up to. The past few years have been underwhelming & this year was no exception.

A few that gave me a chuckle was the Uber Eats ad with Jelly Roll, Usher and Jennifer Aniston and being a fan of "Arrested Development", enjoyed the Reese Peanut Butter Cup (one of my favorite snacks) with Will Arnett doing the voice over & CeraVa moisturizer with Micheal Cera.

The worst were Home.com with Daniel Levy (even though I'm also a big fan of Schitts Creek) & the weird alien commercial with Martin Scorsese.  I guess advertisers figure all they need to do is just put a big name in a commercial and it'll be a hit.

The actual best commercial was the one that was NOT shown in it's entirety, Cardi B's Duck Plumper ad. CBS did not show the second half of the ad, too risque I guess. Here is the full, uncut version. I personally find it hilarious & think it's safe for work but I have a twisted mind.

That is hilarious.  

3 hours ago, ATG said:

We were there on Tuesday.  And I guess Wednesday since the ship couldn’t get away from the dock until 2:00 am.  It certainly wasn’t a normal perfect day!

My only issue was how they handled refunds.  We had gotten a fairly good deal on the Beach Club.  We’d just sat down for lunch when they announced the closing.  The waitress rushed our lunch out and we gobbled it down.  The trek back to the ship was “interesting “.  I really didn’t expect a refund since we had been there for a few hours and did eat.  I overheard someone saying they got a refund.  So I went to guest services and they refunded the whole amount!  I had expected a small refund.  My issue is that I only got it because I overheard someone.  I think they should have done something for everybody.

What did it close, must have missed that? why so  late to sail away?

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I forgot about the State Farm ad with Arnold & Danny, that was also enjoyable. And I was surprised by the Scientology ad too, wondered how come they didn't feature their ship, The Freewind.

It seemed like Temu had the most airtime. They sure are spending big and your friend is right, it's a Chinese owned company that is a direct competitor to Amazon & Walmart selling low cost goods direct from factories & warehouses in China.  They are a legit company although a few people have had the usual concerns when dealing with overseas companies - unsafe products, skirting labor laws, etc.  Not sure if any of that it true.

The fact that it is a Chinese company is enough to get a hard pass from me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I didn't even realize they were making a movie, much less two. I loved the play, one of my favorites.

Yeah, I knew they were doing it. Initially it was going to be all one, but they didn't want to cut things. And while they could have done it with intermission like the Broadway musical, obviously the studio makes more money with 2 separate releases. 

Cynthia Erivo is Elphaba; Ariana Grande is G(a)linda; Michelle Yeoh is Madame Morrible; Jeff Goldblum is the Wizard.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Congrats to the KC Chiefs on the win and I know @Sea Dog is very happy tonight.

Jack and I aren't football fans but we kept the tv on just...because.  

Very exciting win.  SF had it in their grasp until..........

Reba did a great job on our anthem.

Although Usher is very talented, I didn't much care for halftime but wished Alicia Keys was on longer.

Media was well trained on the long congratulatory hug OB's dear friend gave her bf.

@lenquixote66 Lenny, does your granddog write or talk?  How does he make predictions? 🤔

Yesterday Toby’s sister came to my house so that we could Zoom a program with her from her synagogue about the Lower East Side of Manhattan from the mid 19th.to current days .I thought of you when I was watching.

Re my granddog I read the names of the cast of Survivor and when I said Bam Bam he barked.I tried saying the names several times and he only barked at Bam Bam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

All I can say Usher sure can dance, don't think we needed those woman on the poles though.

I think they are part of Cirque Du Soleil as they beginning of the halftime show acknowledged Vegas show culture including the traditional showgirls with the big feathers & headdresses. Or maybe a nod to the exotic dance clubs.

• Like 1

My prediction of the Chiefs winning 28-24 was pretty close.

Lenquixote trivia:

My wife and I have the following in common with Taylor and Travis:

Taylor and my wife are both 5’11

Travis and I are both 6’5

Both women are singers

Travis plays Pro Football .I worked for a company that had a football team and I was on the team.

Taylor and I both own homes in NY .She has a residence in RI and I know someone living in the same town.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday Toby’s sister came to my house so that we could Zoom a program with her from her synagogue about the Lower East Side of Manhattan from the mid 19th.to current days .I thought of you when I was watching.

Re my granddog I read the names of the cast of Survivor and when I said Bam Bam he barked.I tried saying the names several times and he only barked at Bam Bam.

Did you ever think his barking means "NO"? 🤔

Just now, BonTexasNY said:

Did you ever think his barking means "NO"? 🤔

No ,especially because Bam Bam won . My granddog also understands commands in Hebrew because both my daughter and her husband speak it at home.
If you are interested in checking out the video of Lower East Side Synagogues and retail stores the Narrator is Bradley Shaw.You can Google him and read about the video.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What did it close, must have missed that? why so  late to sail away?

It was very windy when we docked. About 12:30 they announced the weather was deteriorating and they were going to leave asap.  We returned and the waves were splashing over the pier.  We were on Oasis and were on the wind side.  Freedom was on the other side.  Captain said we would let them go first and block the wind for them.  They left.  My understanding is that our captain tried to use the thrusters to pull away from the pier.  But the wind was stronger and the ship didn’t move.  We waited until the wind shifted direction or let up.  Captain said we finally got off at 2:00.  We had a sea day before Labadee, so they just went faster and we were on time.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’ve never hated any other team. All teams have great players and great fans. I respect that. This game could have gone either way. I feel lucky that my home town team won. I have great respect for the 49’ers their team and organization. 

Congrats on the win.  What an exciting game. 

I suggest you don't look at the comments on social media today about the game.  All the flat earthers are posting about "the script" to the game.  Where have these fools come from?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My granddog also understands commands in Hebrew because both my daughter and her husband speak it at home.

Can your grand dog do winning Power Ball numbers?  Asking for a friend.😉😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

The actual best commercial was the one that was NOT shown in it's entirety, Cardi B's Duck Plumper ad. CBS did not show the second half of the ad, too risque I guess. Here is the full, uncut version. I personally find it hilarious & think it's safe for work but I have a twisted mind.

This was hilarious. 

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congrats on the win.  What an exciting game. 

I suggest you don't look at the comments on social media today about the game.  All the flat earthers are posting about "the script" to the game.  Where have these fools come from?

Thanks Andrew! Still on cloud 9. I’ve seen some of the social media. I just shake my head. Just when I hope the human species is advancing I get reminded how stupid people can be. The haters will always hate, the doubters will always doubt. I’m not going to argue with them. I’m proud of the team and the city they play for. 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Andrew! Still on cloud 9. I’ve seen some of the social media. I just shake my head. Just when I hope the human species is advancing I get reminded how stupid people can be. The haters will always hate, the doubters will always doubt. I’m not going to argue with them. I’m proud of the team and the city they play for. 

I am one of those people who can go to a super bowl watching and wear that T shirt saying "Here for the Wings Only!" because I am not a sports fan at all, but I am so happy for you! When I heard the news I told DH that Greg will be VERY happy! And I got a "Is this also one of your Cruise Critic boy friends? and how is your Lighthouse guy? and your Sister Debie" 🤣🤣🤣 And Marietta and Lenny, he remembers you and asks about you often.

So he does listen when I read some stuff out to him!!!!!!! He does not read the boards!

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

I am one of those people who can go to a super bowl watching and wear that T shirt saying "Here for the Wings Only!" because I am not a sports fan at all, but I am so happy for you! When I heard the news I told DH that Greg will be VERY happy! And I got a "Is this also one of your Cruise Critic boy friends? and how is your Lighthouse guy? and your Sister Debie" 🤣🤣🤣 And Marietta and Lenny, he remembers you and asks about you often.

So he does listen when I read some stuff out to him!!!!!!! He does not read the boards!

I’m honored to be one of your CC Boy Friends!😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

49 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I remember you and RJ very much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I only liked one commercial.The Dunkin Donuts one with Jennifer Lopez ,Matt Damon ,Ben Afleck and some obscure former football player.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I only liked one commercial.The Dunkin Donuts one with Jennifer Lopez ,Matt Damon ,Ben Afleck and some obscure former football player.

It seemed like Brady made an appearance in several commercials.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ATG said:

I loved that commercial!  It was unexpected and creative.  I was disappointed with the Clydesdale commercial, I expected more.  I’m not a football fan (we watch soccer), but since we’re in Miami between cruises we had it on.  Off Oasis yesterday and board Freedom today.  I hope our stop at Coco Cay is less exciting this week.

I head read about your stay at Coco Cay.  That was some wind!!!  I sure hope your time there this week will be uneventful with calm seas and lots of sunshine.  Bon Voyage!!🛳️

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m honored to be one of your CC Boy Friends!😉

Congrats on your team's big win last night, Greg!  Of course, we all thought of you last night!

I'm sure you must be wishing that it was this coming Thursday(15) already, when your surgery will be all over for you!

• Like 3