Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

57 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Hold on sec, is that really Bella's mom posting? This whole time I thought it was Bella's dad in disguise, wearing a wig and evening gown, trying to stay on his best behavior. lol

😏 smh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Arzeena & @LuckynanaThank you for asking.  DD was prepped and ready for surgery but due to emergencies coming in, the orthopaedic surgeon did not operate on her until close to midnight (her time).  Can’t believe she was operated on that late.   Operation went well and she has had no pain since.  She had a screw inserted in her fracture.  She sent me the surgeon’s report yesterday.  I said wow that is very detailed. She said yes, only problem is he has stated the wrong ankle.

She originally planned to come home post operation but she is re-considering.  

Her friends are reporting that the path that she slipped on has been perfectly cleared and salted  at 6.30am everyday since.

Why wouldn’t they wait until the next day since I’m assuming the dr worked all day? I would think he would be tired.

58 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That’s the problem. It’s really minor but I keep feeling like I’m getting the runaround. This shouldn’t be that hard. It certainly never has in the past.

I pre-ordered an extension cord for my CPAP machine via special needs. Received confirmation via email 2 months ago. 

it wasn’t in the room when we arrived. However, there was a QR code that you could scan for ordering things to the room. So of course I tried that and the app said it would be delivered in half an hour. Of course it wasn’t. I asked my stateroom attendant and he said he would get it for me. When it hadn’t arrived in the evening, I asked him again and he said he was waiting on his supervisor to bring it. He called this supervisor again and requested it. I could hear one half of this conversation so I expected to see it shortly. It never showed up  went down to guest services and asked them about it. They got on the phone told me that someone was on the way to the room now to deliver it. So I went to a show when I came back from the show still no extension cord. Went back to guest services. Different representative gets on the phone and ask this mystery person about my extension cord and then tells me they are on the way right now to my room.

I ask, are you sure, that’s what they said three hours ago. I was assured yes they are on their way now. So off to my room I go. Of course nobody showed up by 11:30 when I went to bed.

So, in order to get a to work, I have it strung from the outlet at the desk to a chair near the bed. However, the cord is now waste height spanning the room because if I try and laid it on the ground, I don’t have enough cable to reach close enough to the bed.

it’s a tripping hazard, I could knock the machine over and break it, the whole set up looks hillbilly.

again, it’s a minor thing, but for me to get a decent night sleep I need that machine in the evening. 

I don't see anything that is related to a medical issue as minor. You are well within your rights to escalate this issue as high, and as quickly, as necessary.

And I'll tell you what. I think with the prices that RCI is charging these days, they should not be surprised if they find that people are going to be less and less tolerant of even truly minor issues. If they are going to charge a premium price they better be ready when people expect a premium product even though RCI is far from a premium cruise line.

• Like 13

57 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That’s the problem. It’s really minor but I keep feeling like I’m getting the runaround. This shouldn’t be that hard. It certainly never has in the past.

I pre-ordered an extension cord for my CPAP machine via special needs. Received confirmation via email 2 months ago. 

it wasn’t in the room when we arrived. However, there was a QR code that you could scan for ordering things to the room. So of course I tried that and the app said it would be delivered in half an hour. Of course it wasn’t. I asked my stateroom attendant and he said he would get it for me. When it hadn’t arrived in the evening, I asked him again and he said he was waiting on his supervisor to bring it. He called this supervisor again and requested it. I could hear one half of this conversation so I expected to see it shortly. It never showed up  went down to guest services and asked them about it. They got on the phone told me that someone was on the way to the room now to deliver it. So I went to a show when I came back from the show still no extension cord. Went back to guest services. Different representative gets on the phone and ask this mystery person about my extension cord and then tells me they are on the way right now to my room.

I ask, are you sure, that’s what they said three hours ago. I was assured yes they are on their way now. So off to my room I go. Of course nobody showed up by 11:30 when I went to bed.

So, in order to get a to work, I have it strung from the outlet at the desk to a chair near the bed. However, the cord is now waste height spanning the room because if I try and laid it on the ground, I don’t have enough cable to reach close enough to the bed.

it’s a tripping hazard, I could knock the machine over and break it, the whole set up looks hillbilly.

again, it’s a minor thing, but for me to get a decent night sleep I need that machine in the evening. 

It’s not minor when they’re dragging their feet with something so simple and it’s affects your sleep. I’d be pissed after the chances you gave them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

There was a discussion on the WC thread about the volume level of the shows on Royal.  VV are next level.  I haven’t been to a full show yet, but the Bingo with Diva was at full volume including a song performance by Diva.  I walked out of Bingo with a pulsing headache and had to skip the slot pull organised by our roll call that was scheduled immediately after as a result.  I have a show booked for tonight but I am worried about how loud it will be in a small venue.  It  runs for an hour and it’s a standing only for the audience.

I’m glad you mentioned the noise level. We have the Diva Bingo booked on VV in 2 weeks and I hate music that loud. We will give it a try with earplugs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your prostate is causing you problems Greg.

I hope your urologist can give you good news.

Graham,my Therapist left for Switzerland on Thursday.She asked me to thank you for the chocolate suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't want to say it when I asked "the question" a couple of days ago.

Yes. I believe I mentioned it to my surgeon but I was hopeful that it wouldn’t be an issue this time.

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

OK...confirming my suspicions of who owns it! You're pulling my leg on the "invitations" though 😁   LOL on the "football boy toy". See how long it lasts. I've decided to not watch the KC Chiefs anymore. Tired of them, and now even worse that the focus is on Swift.  Speaking of her, though, just came across this:  https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/02/18/teen-girl-dies-in-horror-crash-on-drive-to-taylor-swift-concert/

Are you tired of them because they keep winning Championships? I guess it’s the Tom Brady and the Patriots syndrome which isn’t a bad problem as most teams would love to be in the same situation. I’m tired of all the Taylor hate. Give her a break. Did you see where she sent $100,000 to the family of the slain victim after the parade that she wasn’t even at?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

There was a discussion on the WC thread about the volume level of the shows on Royal.  VV are next level.  I haven’t been to a full show yet, but the Bingo with Diva was at full volume including a song performance by Diva.  I walked out of Bingo with a pulsing headache and had to skip the slot pull organised by our roll call that was scheduled immediately after as a result.  I have a show booked for tonight but I am worried about how loud it will be in a small venue.  It  runs for an hour and it’s a standing only for the audience.

I'm glad you brought this up. I need to start my email to RCI about the hearing issue I developed from a show volume on Odyssey last week.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why wouldn’t they wait until the next day since I’m assuming the dr worked all day? I would think he would be tired.

You have to grab OR time when you can. Sometimes it is hard to get onto the schedule.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I guess it’s the Tom Brady and the Patriots syndrome which isn’t a bad problem as most teams would love to be in the same situation. 

KC also didn’t have “deflate gate”, leading to a Super Bowl Win. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes. I believe I mentioned it to my surgeon but I was hopeful that it wouldn’t be an issue this time.

I would have been more inclined to prepare for it to happen again. Keep that in mind if there is a next time. There is no reason to believe that your body will react differently.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I would have been more inclined to prepare for it to happen again. Keep that in mind if there is a next time. There is no reason to believe that your body will react differently.

Need to have a serious conversation with my urologist to solve this. I know there are a lot of options. I just need to get something done. It’s not like I will never have another surgery again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

No but they were involved in deflate gate 2.0 in December. 

it affected both teams and there was no blame associated with it to either team. The kickers are not allowed to warm up with game balls where they could have noticed it. Both kickers on each team missed field goals and the problem was fixed by the second half not affecting the outcome. No conspiracy here.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went to the loyalty ambassador. However, his hours didn’t start till 430 so I was out of luck there. So I had a couple drinks and felt much better about things and then went to the figure skating show.

The figure skating show is my favorite Royal entertainment (ssshhh don’t tell my rugby buddies). 

And lo and behold, I came back to the room after the show to an extension cord lying on my bed. 

Upon seeing my state room attendant, he was very apologetic thanked me for my patience, and said he was glad he found one. Apparently there is a ridiculous number of people on the ship who need them, and there were a number of people who still have not yet gotten them who had requested them in advance just like I had. 

I thanked him! I appreciate that he didn’t give up on it when there was no response from people who should’ve taken care of it.

image.thumb.jpg.d2cf414eb068669b1644154a9a145efc.jpg

now, full of bad decision juice, I’m off to the Flowrider  

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Are you tired of them because they keep winning Championships? I guess it’s the Tom Brady and the Patriots syndrome which isn’t a bad problem as most teams would love to be in the same situation. I’m tired of all the Taylor hate. Give her a break. Did you see where she sent $100,000 to the family of the slain victim after the parade that she wasn’t even at?

I dislike dynasties in any sport and so typically pull for the underdog. Yep...got tired of Brady too! Glad to see him go. Guess I might not live long enough to see Mahomes exit the game, though I'm tired of him too. I was pulling for the Ravens and Lions to get in the SB. Chiefs and Niners? Same old...boring. Chiefs got there this year thru the mishaps of other teams near the end of a few games.

As for Taylor, I have great respect for her accomplishments and her many acts of benevolence. The thing with her is, she grew up in a town (Wyomissing) only 30 minutes from me and so virtually everything she has ever said or done has been in our local newspaper since she was like 6 years old or whatever. Sort of got pretty old after awhile. I'm admittedly not a fan of her music. Superlative entertainer and gifted songwriter for sure. The actual musical content and quality, not so highly rated in my book. Beatles songs might still play 100 years from now. TS?  Not so sure on that one. Be neat to be around to find out. And, she had EVERY advantage growing up in a very wealthy family. Dad had connections (and money) that could open doors for her. There are likely thousands of kids out there with the talent, personality, and drive but simply not the means, and so will likely never receive great recognition, let alone big time, nor, obviously, TS's level of superstardom. She is a cultural force to be sure, which I find astounding.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went to the loyalty ambassador. However, his hours didn’t start till 430 so I was out of luck there. So I had a couple drinks and felt much better about things and then went to the figure skating show.

The figure skating show is my favorite Royal entertainment (ssshhh don’t tell my rugby buddies). 

And lo and behold, I came back to the room after the show to an extension cord lying on my bed. 

Upon seeing my state room attendant, he was very apologetic thanked me for my patience, and said he was glad he found one. Apparently there is a ridiculous number of people on the ship who need them, and there were a number of people who still have not yet gotten them who had requested them in advance just like I had. 

I thanked him! I appreciate that he didn’t give up on it when there was no response from people who should’ve taken care of it.

image.thumb.jpg.d2cf414eb068669b1644154a9a145efc.jpg

now, full of bad decision juice, I’m off to the Flowrider  

They should have told you from the beginning what was going on. Lying and setting expectations that can't be met is what causes ill will. I bet if they had been honest about the situation from the beginning we might have never heard that there was ever a problem. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1