Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

44 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Birthday wishes to Eric! Cheers to you.

42 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Yay for Eric🎂

41 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Well then "Happy Birthday to Eric" wishes follow my Easter greeting.

+ 4  and many happy returns, @Sunshine3601 💐

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A few photos from yesterday’s Easter dinner at the MIL. 

Table is set. 

IMG_4771.thumb.jpeg.f722ee1745de3ce6f78340535a8e4326.jpeg

Pork loin and scalloped potatoes. 

IMG_4774.thumb.jpeg.848e2f29f4fc62a836edbeefddf19389.jpeg

Yet to be cooked beans. 

IMG_4776.thumb.jpeg.319ebc49a1e70fc65ad71350a353806e.jpeg

Homemade instant pickles. 

IMG_4775.thumb.jpeg.0956497ca7e992ede45f53de59b091bb.jpeg

Salad. 

IMG_4777.thumb.jpeg.c3a451070e9478e40babcdebcb8f637c.jpeg

• Like 19

I forgot to get a photo of the meal plate, but I did take pics of dessert. 

Maple syrup pie. That’s right, syrup in the pie filling as well in the homemade whipped cream. I added a scoop to my coffee with cream. 

IMG_4779.thumb.jpeg.b3e6405dd6e8232f99ead0fcbde46840.jpeg

Then added candied pecans. 

IMG_4781.thumb.jpeg.2fff85339f6b16c7d9f5ffead36259db.jpeg

Lucy was like, what about me when we got home. 

IMG_4783.thumb.jpeg.4e949458cc06131fcafbb0807bb8c10c.jpeg

• Like 26

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I forgot to get a photo of the meal plate, but I did take pics of dessert. 

Same thing happened with me.  We took the family to Shakespeare’s Castle for Easter meal. 

IMG_0882.thumb.jpeg.7174309a3c9b3aa0f0a0c255df7df1c4.jpeg

All I took was pictures of the desert tables.  

IMG_0863.thumb.jpeg.aba88d143631e31c03f61affa44a985f.jpeg

The first thing my grandson did was grab a couple pieces of cheesecake, and bring back to the table for himself, before he went for food. 

IMG_0864.thumb.jpeg.2b8c01d4badb52d56723fdf11b6b32f5.jpeg

Granddaughter probably won the desert competition.   She had blueberry pie, cherry pie, Oreo cookie pudding, brownie, chocolate chip cookies, and cheesecake.  That was in addition to a couple plates of food.  Don’t know where that little girl puts it all. 

IMG_0865.thumb.jpeg.75ad9199b2b3c0f31c174a29beeb017e.jpeg

• Like 20

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yikes!!!!! We told our son who is joining us that we were getting him and us the UDP. It had better go down from the $412.99 per person it is now. No way am I going to pay that much. 

Wishing everyone a joyful day ! A very happy birthday to Eric 🎂 !

Greg , that pretty much puts you in a quandary with your son.  I don’t have any business experience but I’m pretty sure RCI will set the final price at what the market will bear. Start out high and let them think they are getting a bargain as they lower the price and they still make a profit.  I’m just wondering if the number of restaurants will affect the set price of UDP.  As far as those cabanas I’m not interested. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few photos from yesterday’s Easter dinner at the MIL. 

Table is set. 

IMG_4771.thumb.jpeg.f722ee1745de3ce6f78340535a8e4326.jpeg

Pork loin and scalloped potatoes. 

IMG_4774.thumb.jpeg.848e2f29f4fc62a836edbeefddf19389.jpeg

Yet to be cooked beans. 

IMG_4776.thumb.jpeg.319ebc49a1e70fc65ad71350a353806e.jpeg

Homemade instant pickles. 

IMG_4775.thumb.jpeg.0956497ca7e992ede45f53de59b091bb.jpeg

Salad. 

IMG_4777.thumb.jpeg.c3a451070e9478e40babcdebcb8f637c.jpeg

34 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Same thing happened with me.  We took the family to Shakespeare’s Castle for Easter meal. 

IMG_0882.thumb.jpeg.7174309a3c9b3aa0f0a0c255df7df1c4.jpeg

All I took was pictures of the desert tables.  

IMG_0863.thumb.jpeg.aba88d143631e31c03f61affa44a985f.jpeg

The first thing my grandson did was grab a couple pieces of cheesecake, and bring back to the table for himself, before he went for food. 

IMG_0864.thumb.jpeg.2b8c01d4badb52d56723fdf11b6b32f5.jpeg

Granddaughter probably won the desert competition.   She had blueberry pie, cherry pie, Oreo cookie pudding, brownie, chocolate chip cookies, and cheesecake.  That was in addition to a couple plates of food.  Don’t know where that little girl puts it all. 

IMG_0865.thumb.jpeg.75ad9199b2b3c0f31c174a29beeb017e.jpeg

Wow you guys are making me hungry. Got the steaks marinated for later on.

2 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Wishing everyone a joyful day ! A very happy birthday to Eric 🎂 !

Greg , that pretty much puts you in a quandary with your son.  I don’t have any business experience but I’m pretty sure RCI will set the final price at what the market will bear. Start out high and let them think they are getting a bargain as they lower the price and they still make a profit.  I’m just wondering if the number of restaurants will affect the set price of UDP.  As far as those cabanas I’m not interested. 

I am confident that I will see a better price at some point. Luckily we have the Labor Day and holiday sales before we sail. The Cabanas don’t interest me either. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Same dinner here tonight. 🤩

IMG_4261.thumb.jpeg.c92b917489bcdf60192b873526ea25fc.jpeg

USDA Prime. Dry rub first for several hours then wet rub of butter, Worcesters, Teriyaki, Soy, sauces and garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, Krazy salt and Krazy pepper.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_4261.thumb.jpeg.c92b917489bcdf60192b873526ea25fc.jpeg

USDA Prime. Dry rub first for several hours then wet rub of butter, Worcesters, Teriyaki, Soy, sauces and garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, Krazy salt and Krazy pepper.

When can we drop bye for dinner?😉

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Fantastic idea!  Speaking of bourbon… There’s a free app called OnlyDrams.  I just downloaded this morning.  You can scan all your bottles and track your collection as well as what others have in their collections.  I thinks there’s reviews and other stuff in there too.  

Thank you!  Just downloaded that…great way to track!  I follow the guys who made the app, SLB, on Youtube.

• Like 4

Happy Easter to all here who celebrate! 

Finally sitting down after the family has left and while Andy handles cleanup duty.  It was warm enough ( barely) for Abby & Ellie to hunt Easter eggs outside.  Dinner was glazed spiral ham, mashed potatoes, carrots and roasted asparagus with Andy’s famous carrot cake for dessert.  I tried a new appetizer today, Greek olive medley baked in olive oil with garlic & rosemary. When it comes out of the oven, I nestled in some burrata cheese to get melty and served it with toasted baguette slices.  It was a definite hit.  No food pictures - I always forget as I’m trying to get everything served.  

@Luckynana Maryann, I meant to say this the other day. I’m so sorry about your dear friend Lois. Thankfully you have many wonderful memories. 

We recently finished The Gentlemen which was great and are currently watching Bodies on Netflix.  It’s interesting but not really what I expected, specifically the almost Sci-Fi aspect.  We only have a couple more episodes so we’ll be on the hunt for something new to watch.  Maybe something a little more lighthearted after those two lol. It might be time to rewatch Schitt’s Creek.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 4  and many happy returns, @Sunshine3601 💐

Eric says Thank you Everyone for all the Birthday wishes.

He is officially 65 years old today.    For those wondering, I am 7 yrs 3 months younger than him (but who's counting).😁

He did really well with the smoked ham.  Was delicious.  Sorry no pictures (he hates if I take pictures of food - not really sure why).   Donna and Chris are so cute together, young love!   She fits perfect with our family.    Big help in the kitchen too.   We all ate too much then a nice walk around the neighborhood.   

They are heading up to NH next week for the eclipse.   They are really excited to explore / hike and watch the eclipse from the hot tub on the deck of the home they are renting with another couple.    This Mom cannot remember the name of the town (oh no I'm showing my age - LOL).      

I hope everyone else is having a nice Holiday

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

lol. It might be time to rewatch Schitt’s Creek.  

Love that show. It’s so funny. We really enjoyed 3 Body Problem. Unfortunately going to have to wait at least a year for season 2.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Indeed a  "bargain" ! 😆😉🤣
At $219 for club day pass.....No thanks.
UDP price ha ha ha. No thanks.

Cabanas 😆.....I will save that money to go on another cruise.😆

What is Royal thinking!

Some one may still find the price appealing but not for us.

I looked at the price for Beach Club, but $219 is not what I would be willing to pay.  I was able to book it for a great price.......but lost that cruise r/t Covid.   I will keep a watch on the price.

Pat

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

i followed you .. My username is “FiveOClockSomewhere”  on there.  Very nice collection 👍🏻

Just followed!  I just realized you can label your bottles opened, unopened, and empty as well.  

My wife just shakes her head at me with this 🙂  I've got a few open bottles that are my mixers, about 10 nice bottles that are open and I drink neat occasionally, and about 30 unopened.  I'm kinda following a self-imposed rule now that I can't open one until I've emptied one (I'm about one pour away from emptying my Smoke Wagon, and debating which I'll open next), and I SHOULD have a rule that I can't buy one unless I empty one...but what are ya gonna do 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Just followed!  I just realized you can label your bottles opened, unopened, and empty as well.  

My wife just shakes her head at me with this 🙂  I've got a few open bottles that are my mixers, about 10 nice bottles that are open and I drink neat occasionally, and about 30 unopened.  I'm kinda following a self-imposed rule now that I can't open one until I've emptied one (I'm about one pour away from emptying my Smoke Wagon, and debating which I'll open next), and I SHOULD have a rule that I can't buy one unless I empty one...but what are ya gonna do 🤷‍♂️

Yah it’s a neat app!  I totally understand!  I   love whiskey/bourbon but I am also a big beer/craft beer guy so I don’t always drink whiskey but I will NOT hesitate to buy any whiskies if I see something interesting.  Doesn’t help that the wine & Spirits is literally next door to the beer shop I go to most of the time.  At some

point I will have to limit due to space.

DW likes her old fashioned with BT so I can at least justify 5 bottles of that in hand since it’s not easy to find in my area.

• Like 2