Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Last night I got the phone call that I unfortunately was expecting.  My dear friend Lois had fallen about a month ago and fractured her pelvis, and had been in the hospital since then.  I called her son when I returned from our cruise last week to see how she was doing, and he told me she was now in Hospice, and didn't have much longer to live.

Lois has been mine and Jim's friend since 2002, when she and her husband bought their Condo two months after we had bought ours.  Lois turned 92 this past November, and had the sharpest mind and memory of anyone I have ever known.  I will miss her phone calls, and our yearly visits down the New Jersey Shore.  

Maryann, I am so sorry for your heartache. I remember your previous posts about your dear friend Lois.  How lucky you both were to have shared a wonderful friendship.  Let those special memories help to comfort you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Last night I got the phone call that I unfortunately was expecting.  My dear friend Lois had fallen about a month ago and fractured her pelvis, and had been in the hospital since then.  I called her son when I returned from our cruise last week to see how she was doing, and he told me she was now in Hospice, and didn't have much longer to live.

Lois has been mine and Jim's friend since 2002, when she and her husband bought their Condo two months after we had bought ours.  Lois turned 92 this past November, and had the sharpest mind and memory of anyone I have ever known.  I will miss her phone calls, and our yearly visits down the New Jersey Shore.  

I’m so sorry Maryann to hear of your dear friends passing. May she rest in peace and you have peace and comfort in the many memories you had together.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here...

@ReneeFLL

+ 1 

************************************************************************************************************

.... and I'm still sick as a cat/dog. Must be a wild type of flu.

Very frustrating.

Sorry to hear this flu strain is hitting you hard.   I hope you get some good rest and wake up feeling better💐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For dinner tonight we celebrated Easter dinner, only because I’ll be traveling tomorrow and wanted to share this holiday with my husband. 

So:

turkey

mash potatoes 

stuffing

gravy

green bean casserole 

IMG_0564.thumb.jpeg.dcd4d0a692fb97addd716474c0c95120.jpeg

Now tomorrow Easter dinner with Christina, Brandon and Zoey. 
Baggies to go. 

IMG_0565.thumb.jpeg.938d6c3dbe62c0205da8fb265be18d73.jpeg

💕

• Like 16

Sorry to hear about your dear friend Lois.    🙏

• Thanks 1

I called her son when I returned from our cruise last week to see how she was doing, and he told me she was now in Hospice, and didn't have much longer to live.

Maryann, I am so sorry to hear about your friend.  Would it be possible to go see her one last time if she’s still in hospice?  Hugs.

@dani negreanu Feel better soon.  Lots of chicken soup. 🫕

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

So sorry for your friend. 

@dani negreanu  I hope you get rid of that nasty bug real soon. 

Edited by #55worktoplay
  • Thanks 2

Day 5- 3/30 Today we say goodbye to Miyajima and board the bullet train for Okayama for 2 days.

The sun is arising…most definitely 

IMG_2202.thumb.jpeg.8944c79bbd84d4e439799312832d9f8b.jpeg

IMG_2213.thumb.jpeg.55f35eee602cb67f2570e8797f415a7b.jpeg

In Okayama

IMG_9812.thumb.jpeg.932d14c759076fac2693baab73151d27.jpeg

Visit to the Okayama Castle 

IMG_9828.thumb.jpeg.1cbcbb428ff3d8f15de5c426af422478.jpeg

IMG_9829.thumb.jpeg.af34be001f84312983aca3b83fcd669b.jpeg

IMG_9853.thumb.jpeg.27345f0a01ea39be068488452c6634bf.jpeg

Visit to the Koraku-en Gardens

IMG_9868.thumb.jpeg.bdf6590a6594ff809eb683e20b90bec7.jpeg

IMG_9889.thumb.jpeg.6235926cf433966dae405c3583e6a000.jpeg

IMG_9900.thumb.jpeg.fc184340a6ce848a073abba8a24c8649.jpeg

IMG_9910.thumb.jpeg.f925687864764991e67a762c4dd22e1d.jpeg

Sunset- A view from our hotel room balcony 

IMG_0036.thumb.jpeg.4dcf55994cc995645f610fa9fe28588c.jpeg

Right outside our hotel 

IMG_0042.thumb.jpeg.0ea0a98c05f81ad08f16a0cb39fcc24d.jpeg

IMG_0043.thumb.jpeg.45926582a84ceae35448c78285888962.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

and I'm still sick as a cat/dog. Must be a wild type of flu.

Very frustrating.

That’s awful Dani. Rest and hydrate!  

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just thought I'd post about something that always makes me feel happy....

When I open the RCI app and I see that I have a reservation in it... no matter how long it is to sailaway day.😀

Oooooh, will you share with us???

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Work, work, work

IMG_0861.thumb.jpeg.a7a83a54788eb8efc402fc34e73beb09.jpeg

Ah, the sacrifices we make for our grandchildren 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Had a nice afternoon went to the movies to see Dune pt 2 which we enjoyed but didn’t realize there will be a Dune pt 3 to finish or a possible pt4 after that , a couple margaritas for me and a couple wines for better half helped to enjoy this long movie . Went to a seafood restaurant where we had oysters then trout for my wife and lobster roll for me . 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Love the Wilderness Trail.

I haven’t tried it before but this is a barrel pick so I figured it would be a great place to start!

I'm not a huge fan of the 90 proof off the shelf Woodinville, but it’s local and this one is a cask strength group barrel pick that I’ve heard really good things about so I figured I’d pick that one up as well.  

• Like 1

Just now, Husky1987 said:

I haven’t tried it before but this is a barrel pick so I figured it would be a great place to start!

I'm not a huge fan of the 90 proof off the shelf Woodinville, but it’s local and this one is a cask strength group barrel pick that I’ve heard really good things about so I figured I’d pick that one up as well.  

I will be curious to hear your impressions of the WT. Cheers my friend!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I will be curious to hear your impressions of the WT. Cheers my friend!

We were in Lexington Kentucky right before our cruise for a relatives 80 birthday, nice weekend and we had Monday free I really wanted yo visit the Wild Turkey distillery but it and many other things on our list was closed , did have some nice bourbons beers.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've flipped houses for 50 years and agree I have a eye and a 6th sense for deals. I do think looking back later the ones I'm posting will be seen as deals. I have that entrepreneur push and have done all kinds of stuff, vending machines you name it to make a living outside a office. I somehow know what area will be picking up. .. this house being the exception. My dad wanted me within 5 minutes and I complied. I would have bought much further north had I been buying to make money. I have seen some great deals, which is why imo I said the market is kinda soft. Besides my MBA I've also done some PhD and MS work in taxes and various. I'm a numbers sequence type. Not sociable .. I need more social skills. I admit it. 

I've started on eye drops for the left eye 2 for 4 X a day. Right eye, 2 X 3 a day. Trying to space them out lol. On the down slope. 

You share with us wonderfully on here! To me, that makes you delightfully sociable.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, NHProud said:

The UDP and the cabanas at CoCo Cay are on sale for the 2/2/2025 Wonder of the Seas sailing . What a bargain 😊

I wasn't sure if you were serious or joking, so I checked out our upcoming Wonder cruise.  Still $4100 for a Coco Beach Club overwater cabana. 😵🥴🤣

Happy Easter everyone!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wasn't sure if you were serious or joking, so I checked out our upcoming Wonder cruise.  Still $4100 for a Coco Beach Club overwater cabana. 😵🥴🤣

Happy Easter everyone!

Yikes that makes $1999 seem like such a bargain.  🤔 

• Haha 6