Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea

+ 1 , I had no idea there so many beautiful places in Japan. And the cherry blossom is amazing.

One of our daughters-in-law is from Japan, and our son has lived there a couple times (a year abroad during university, and jobs after university).  My husband has been there to visit (when my son was in university). I hope to get there someday. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, George C said:

Surprised at Buffalo trading Diggs to Houston , I thought they would get more than a second round pick. My brother in law and husband of my wife’s best friend both have season tickets, I am looking forward to discussing this at end  of next month when we visit .

I think his relationship with Josh Allen was strained.  I don’t think it helped him to be acting like a diva demanding the ball and yelling at teammates on the sidelines.  On paper it’s a great pickup for Houston but I’d be worried a bit about his attitude disrupting the team.

• Like 1

I received a survey from Royal about CoCo Cay. Anyone else? Focus was Thrill Waterpark, if you went or not, why, would you go and hang out at pool areas while kids were on slides (only), etc. Also some questions about various types of food and if you would want for lunch, snack or not at all. 

I found it interesting as we have been to CoCo Cay multiple times. My husband and I just do the beach, typically South Beach. The one time we were there with our son and 3 of his little (6 and under kids) we did not go to Thrill Waterpark. 

We have not been there since they added Hideaway, but the survey had nothing about that or anything else for that matter.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We have the Hampton already booked;  however, the free hotel parking for the cruise where our "friend" has blocked rooms ls very enticing.  I'll look into it tomorrow.😉

Let me know what you do.

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I think his relationship with Josh Allen was strained.  I don’t think it helped him to be acting like a diva demanding the ball and yelling at teammates on the sidelines.  On paper it’s a great pickup for Houston but I’d be worried a bit about his attitude disrupting the team.

I definitely question his attitude, this is second team he left because he wasn’t happy , prima Donna. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Did you plan & organise this whole trip yourselves? 

I was reading about brillance out of Australia I think, supposed to leave tomorrow but leaving sunday to one kinda cold port. Lots of nice fcc but what made me laugh is to thank people the bar is 50% off. I bet sea dog and a few would still go. Sea dog and friends could try all the top shelf drinks at half off.

20240403_205024581.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George C said:

Surprised at Buffalo trading Diggs to Houston , I thought they would get more than a second round pick. My brother in law and husband of my wife’s best friend both have season tickets, I am looking forward to discussing this at end  of next month when we visit .

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I think getting a second round draft pick is great for Buffalo. Any time you can get a high draft pick for a player over 30 with a huge contract, you just have to take it. Build a team with cheaper younger players. This is a Salary Cap move for sure. Money to spend elsewhere for sure.

Diggs has a huge salary for 2024, 18.5 million. He is on the down side of 31 years old now and you just have to think his production will really drop off from here on out.

https://overthecap.com/player/stefon-diggs/3994

Eagles only got a 3rd round pick from the Jets for Haason Reddick  linebacker who has had 40 Sacks in the last 4 years. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Day 2 4/2- Kyoto Part 2- 

IMG_0796.thumb.jpeg.c01341317163a25ceeb8dee0d55c1e19.jpeg

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.e544fbe99c03390e33fa3529a759985a.jpeg

IMG_0803.thumb.jpeg.d726f5bd35bec396edb7a277d7fc0350.jpeg

Great photo opportunities for those in kimonos.

IMG_0823.thumb.jpeg.13f8ae81345f63a9274b0c26bc696c8a.jpeg

IMG_0829.thumb.jpeg.1bd15e219ed3a21921353e5b790bfbd4.jpeg

IMG_0844.thumb.jpeg.afe100210dbc22a287700b08e9902079.jpeg

It is getting very crowded so it’s good time to leave. 
IMG_0859.thumb.jpeg.6add1c370e3b0b7895fe677593a5ccf2.jpeg

IMG_0854.thumb.jpeg.a1daa9ff2f6efbb5be39b17fdf079ddb.jpeg

IMG_0858.thumb.jpeg.00afefd9a330366128bbc9112f3d6e44.jpeg

IMG_0846.thumb.jpeg.2bbc929917d39e6d6bfc0b45259431fd.jpeg

We have a Japanese Tea Ceremony at 12 Noon to attend.

IMG_0871.thumb.jpeg.c6763bb6353f8cac16e7ea9f2152810a.jpeg

IMG_0896.thumb.jpeg.54c1b1301bf60939c33d04ee390fe5d3.jpeg

That tea ceremony looks interesting. Was it just tea or what else?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I was reading about brillance out of Australia I think, supposed to leave tomorrow but leaving sunday to one kinda cold port. Lots of nice fcc but what made me laugh is to thank people the bar is 50% off. I bet sea dog and a few would still go. Sea dog and friends could try all the top shelf drinks at half off.

20240403_205024581.jpeg

Yep. Was just chatting to my Loyal to Royal work colleague about this. They weren’t booked on it but if they had been - she and her partner would have been delighted with the 50% off drinks offer (on top of their Diamond free drinks).

Edited by aussielozzie18

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Re:  tonight's Survivor.  I'd have preferred the "other person" would've gotten voted off instead.

So would I. I can't stand the other one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think getting a second round draft pick is great for Buffalo. Any time you can get a high draft pick for a player over 30 with a huge contract, you just have to take it. Build a team with cheaper younger players. This is a Salary Cap move for sure. Money to spend elsewhere for sure.

Diggs has a huge salary for 2024, 18.5 million. He is on the down side of 31 years old now and you just have to think his production will really drop off from here on out.

https://overthecap.com/player/stefon-diggs/3994

Eagles only got a 3rd round pick from the Jets for Haason Reddick  linebacker who has had 40 Sacks in the last 4 years. 

The trade saves the Bills some salary money, but doesn't really help their cap.  They'll still take a $31M dead money cap hit.  I agree though that he's on the downside of his career and that he's a locker room problem.  The Bills are following the Patriots model of letting him go maybe a year early rather than a year late. Like many Bills fans, my first response was shock, and wondering why they could only get a 2nd rounder for next year in return. Seems like the rest of the league doesn't want to pay much for him and other teams probably have similar concerns. 

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  You don't just dump your WR1 for next to nothing without a plan.  I don't know if that's another trade (Tee Higgins?) or maybe moving up in the draft for one of the top WRs (although they don't have much draft capital).  They picked up Curtis Samuel in free agency so at a minimum, he should replace Diggs in the lineup and pair nicely with Shakir. 

This will be a test for Josh.  It never seemed like it mattered to Tom Brady who was at WR...he made them look good.  We'll see if Josh can do the same.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The trade saves the Bills some salary money, but doesn't really help their cap.  They'll still take a $31M dead money cap hit.  I agree though that he's on the downside of his career and that he's a locker room problem.  The Bills are following the Patriots model of letting him go maybe a year early rather than a year late. Like many Bills fans, my first response was shock, and wondering why they could only get a 2nd rounder for next year in return. Seems like the rest of the league doesn't want to pay much for him and other teams probably have similar concerns. 

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  You don't just dump your WR1 for next to nothing without a plan.  I don't know if that's another trade (Tee Higgins?) or maybe moving up in the draft for one of the top WRs (although they don't have much draft capital).  They picked up Curtis Samuel in free agency so at a minimum, he should replace Diggs in the lineup and pair nicely with Shakir. 

This will be a test for Josh.  It never seemed like it mattered to Tom Brady who was at WR...he made them look good.  We'll see if Josh can do the same.

Besides QB's this upcoming draft is loaded with top flight WR's so I'm sure there 1st pick in the draft will be for a Wide Receiver, I would have no worries for Josh.

• Like 1

For those who might want to come down a night earlier, 10 rooms added to the hotel block a night earlier. Bella 2.0

"FYI, I just had 10 rooms added for the night of the 31st if anyone was coming down 2 days early."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

For those who might want to come down a night earlier, 10 rooms added to the hotel block a night earlier. Bella 2.0

"FYI, I just had 10 rooms added for the night of the 31st if anyone was coming down 2 days early."

We are coming down a night earlier.  It is a long drive so it gives us a day to decompress and do something fun.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We are coming down a night earlier.  It is a long drive so it gives us a day to decompress and do something fun.

It's a beautiful beach imo. Have a fish taco at the taco place in cocoa beach. Walk out on the cocoa beach pier. Buy a tee shirt at Ron Jon's. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Where is the info for the night before Bella 02 hotel block?  I got no notification and even asked our in-house TA about it a few days ago.

I had my post surgical appointment with my "hernia" surgeon.  All systems go to return to my usual activities.  I just need to stay away from moving heavy furniture. 🤨 He gave me a tutorial on the pros and cons of laparoscopic vs. open surgery which I had.  So much better than reading about it on the internet.

@FromSea2ShiningSea On a more pleasant note, I cannot tell you how much I'm enjoying your trip photos.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2