Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Graham-Question for you-have you and Pauline cruised with Cunard out of Southampton?

If so recently could you give us some tips to enjoy the cruise?

Thank you!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Sorry we have never sailed on Cunard but you will get excellent advice on their threads including from their cc host Hattie.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sadly the last of our shipyards closed in 1988.

Screenshot_20240512_194453.jpg

Graham - This is very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I took a look at Sunderland on Google Maps and between the Sunderland docks area and the banks of the River Wear, I can guess where many of these shipyards were likely located.  You can still some of the remnants.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Costco different colors but like these.

I like how the first thing listed on Costco is this. 

Warning: Not for Human or Animal Consumption

I wonder how many were eaten to warrant the warning?

• Haha 5

Captain Kate changed command with Captain Leo today. Will miss her. Have sailed with Captain Leo many times on the Summit. He used to be the youngest Captain of the fleet.....don't know if he still is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Graham - This is very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  I took a look at Sunderland on Google Maps and between the Sunderland docks area and the banks of the River Wear, I can guess where many of these shipyards were likely located.  You can still some of the remnants.

Thank you.

Austin and Pickersgill.

Shorts.

Bartram's.

Laings.

JL Thomson's.

These were some of the big shipyards that my dad, brother and uncles worked in.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I still get Micheline flowers and a card for Mother's Day.  She gets me a card for Father's Day.  Same for Valentine's Day.  Hallmark makes a lot of money from people like us. 

Like John and others, we don't get each other gifts any more for birthday's, Christmas, etc.  My birthday is next month and "she" will be buying a new putter for me. I know it will be the exact model that I want. 😁

7 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Happy Mother's Day to all!  We have a sunny blue sky day here in SE Michigan and my tee time is at 1pm!  @bobmacliberty I did buy myself a new putter for Mother's Day! 😁

We went out at 11 this morning, have been looking at my golf shoes the last few times out, told Jim today I am getting new ones for Mother's Day, the creases in the front are totally splitting now.  Beautiful day on the course.

20240512_115103.thumb.jpg.faf08f1c093bdac6967ae46a57ea80a2.jpg

Afterwards went to a new spot on  the intracoastal for a drink and some apps.  

20240512_141432.thumb.jpg.d0b0150534f1d91aae018786bec64bbe.jpg

And to wrap it up back to the community pool to cool off and enjoy some music.  Great day overall.

Happy Mother's Day to all

• Like 17

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you , Graham.

I have looked at their threads, but I will definitely give attention to those posted by Hattie the CC host!

Several of our P&O regulars have sailed on Cunard and the Cunard host Hattie is an active poster on their threads.

Edited by grapau27

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Graham-Question for you-have you and Pauline cruised with Cunard out of Southampton?

If so recently could you give us some tips to enjoy the cruise?

Thank you!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

I’m very sorry for your loss .  

I am neither Pauline or Graham however we have sailed on the QM2 out of Southampton and stayed on the QM in Long Beach, CA . 

The ship is too formal for me .  The library is extremely nice . I didn’t attend any of the lectures.  The buffet was not to my liking. I didn’t want to dress for dinner so never made it to the dining room .  The staff was polite and helpful. 

it was just not my cup of tea . I mentioned this years ago and Lady Hudson replied she enjoyed the ship . 

So whatever rocks your boat. 

I’ve begun watching Murder and Other Options and the series takes place on an art deco ship which reminds me of the QM . 

Enjoy your cruise on Cunard. We very much liked our repositioning cruise from Québec to Florida on the Serenade. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Good Evening from the Beyond.

Martini shenanigans have begun. Martini Artists are showing their glass and bottle acrobatics.

20240512_170329.jpg

Love all celebrity martini bars but Beyond is definitely my favorite. 

• Like 2

The meaning of Mother’s Day to me. 

Being a career woman I got married when I was 35. So time was a priority in starting a family. 

However;

My first pregnancy ended in a disaster when I started let’s just say losing massive quantities of blood.  They were unable to save the baby. Being of the medical profession and also being stupid at times. I refused blood transfusions because I did not want any antibodies interfering with a future pregnancy. So I was discharged on iron 4 x a day and not permitted to drive till my Hgb was above 10 ( um it was 6.5). 
This emergency happened on Mother’s Day 1992.  

We were given the go ahead late summer to start our family. 
Then in September I was pregnant. And had a miscarriage on Sweetest day in October. 

I hated holidays. And Mothers Day was very emotional for me. We gave up trying. It wasn’t to be. 

But on St Patrick’s day 1994. The spouse was sick as a dog. And I suggested we give it one last attempt to work on the job of getting pregnant. Not just a time for us to bond. ( I was looking at cycles on my calendar. I thought I could be ovulating). 
He goes. “ I can’t breathe… and you want to………”

I go if we get pregnant we will call the child Ampicillin. 

I found out I was pregnant on Good Friday and went into labor on Christmas Eve. 
Meet our ampicillin ( Christina). Soon to be 30. 

Now. Life happens for a reason. 
Had I had those first two children chances are we would have never known Christina. 

Meet Ampicillin (Christina)

IMG_0983.thumb.jpeg.fc65212f2e933991632b81cf00a9b8b2.jpeg

IMG_0984.thumb.jpeg.fb55db4b2e73791d647c55e3ab074af1.jpeg

I am blessed. 

I LOVE MOTHERS DAY. 

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY -

To all who have any role in raising children. 

💕

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Bon voyage Arzeena!

I was disappointed we couldn’t see anything  last night either. 

I couldn’t see a thing either night.  Thanks to all those that posted pics and thought!  Everyone’s pics were amazing 🤩 

• Like 4

IMG_3206.thumb.jpeg.72b2149db821e3d5877570d1012a1005.jpeg

Oliver is enjoying the outdoors today.  It finally stopped storming here so we can spend some time outside.  He’s got a case of pneumonia we are fighting along with degenerative myelopathy and laryngeal paralysis.   He will be 13 in September.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

IMG_3206.thumb.jpeg.72b2149db821e3d5877570d1012a1005.jpeg

Oliver is enjoying the outdoors today.  It finally stopped storming here so we can spend some time outside.  He’s got a case of pneumonia we are fighting along with degenerative myelopathy and laryngeal paralysis.   He will be 13 in September.  

Oliver looks like he is enjoying the day.  Sorry he has health problems. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Martini shenanigans have begun. Martini Artists are showing their glass and bottle acrobatics.

20240512_170329.jpg

Have a great time. I am so bummed that we had to cancel our April Beyond sailing. We will get back to her some day.

23 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

The meaning of Mother’s Day to me. 

Being a career woman I got married when I was 35. So time was a priority in starting a family. 

However;

My first pregnancy ended in a disaster when I started let’s just say losing massive quantities of blood.  They were unable to save the baby. Being of the medical profession and also being stupid at times. I refused blood transfusions because I did not want any antibodies interfering with a future pregnancy. So I was discharged on iron 4 x a day and not permitted to drive till my Hgb was above 10 ( um it was 6.5). 
This emergency happened on Mother’s Day 1992.  

We were given the go ahead late summer to start our family. 
Then in September I was pregnant. And had a miscarriage on Sweetest day in October. 

I hated holidays. And Mothers Day was very emotional for me. We gave up trying. It wasn’t to be. 

But on St Patrick’s day 1994. The spouse was sick as a dog. And I suggested we give it one last attempt to work on the job of getting pregnant. Not just a time for us to bond. ( I was looking at cycles on my calendar. I thought I could be ovulating). 
He goes. “ I can’t breathe… and you want to………”

I go if we get pregnant we will call the child Ampicillin. 

I found out I was pregnant on Good Friday and went into labor on Christmas Eve. 
Meet our ampicillin ( Christina). Soon to be 30. 

Now. Life happens for a reason. 
Had I had those first two children chances are we would have never known Christina. 

Meet Ampicillin (Christina)

IMG_0983.thumb.jpeg.fc65212f2e933991632b81cf00a9b8b2.jpeg

IMG_0984.thumb.jpeg.fb55db4b2e73791d647c55e3ab074af1.jpeg

I am blessed. 

I LOVE MOTHERS DAY. 

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY -

To all who have any role in raising children. 

💕

What heartbreaking story but thank god for the happy ending. Your daughter is beautiful and I am sure the joy she brings you is priceless.

Linda had similar problems. We lost our first child with a miscarriage and then the second time Jonathan was born but right after delivery she went into post eclampsia and at one point her stitches broke where they did the c section and she almost bled to death. They were able to get her in for emergency surgery and I can’t tell you how relieved I was when the doctor said she got repaired good. Needless to say the doctor advised against having any more children so Jonathan is our only child.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

20240512_170329.jpg

I love the Martini Bar on X.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

20240512_170329.jpg

Have the best time on Beyond and have a snowflake martini for @Luckynana and me!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a great time. I am so bummed that we had to cancel our April Beyond sailing. We will get back to her some day.

What heartbreaking story but thank god for the happy ending. Your daughter is beautiful and I am sure the joy she brings you is priceless.

Linda had similar problems. We lost our first child with a miscarriage and then the second time Jonathan was born but right after delivery she went into post eclampsia and at one point her stitches broke where they did the c section and she almost bled to death. They were able to get her in for emergency surgery and I can’t tell you how relieved I was when the doctor said she got repaired good. Needless to say the doctor advised against having any more children so Jonathan is our only child.

I also have an only child. And a miracle. Some one up there was looking out for us both.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Have the best time on Beyond and have a snowflake martini for @Luckynana and me!!

Thanks Jen!  You beat me to it!  A big thanks to you and Graham for introducing me to the Snowflake martini!  So good!!!

• Like 2