Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

A techie question.  Went to print out luggage tags for a Celebrity cruise.  Same laptop and printer and printer cartridges I’ve always used.  The picture of the tags on my laptop was pink, orange, red and yellow.  What my printer printed out was two shades of mauve.  The cartridge isn’t getting low…all the words printed fine…and the colors it printed were clear and vivid.  (I know what a dying cartridge looks like…)  But what could cause the printer to print something totally different, color wise, than what was on the screen?

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So here is my daughter's newest family member.

Meet Leah, a sweet 9-month old rescue.  Part Lab, part something else.

Leah gets along quite well with her siblings, kitties Luca and Sam.  At least that's what my daughter claims!

Kids are over the moon.

image.png.655743cc6f5696066575793ad97f4933.png

Leah looks so regal!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

A techie question.  Went to print out luggage tags for a Celebrity cruise.  Same laptop and printer and printer cartridges I’ve always used.  The picture of the tags on my laptop was pink, orange, red and yellow.  What my printer printed out was two shades of mauve.  The cartridge isn’t getting low…all the words printed fine…and the colors it printed were clear and vivid.  (I know what a dying cartridge looks like…)  But what could cause the printer to print something totally different, color wise, than what was on the screen?

It is likely that one of the color nozzles is clogged.  If you run a printer test page, it should print the color bars and let you know which one isn’t printing.

You can run a cleaning cycle to see if that clears it.  If it is a printer with individual ink tanks, the clog would be in the print head, since those don’t have individual cartridges.

You can search for You Tube videos for your printer if you don’t know how to clean them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/12/2024 at 3:43 PM, grapau27 said:

I was wondering where Lenny @lenquixote66 was and I sincerely hope everything is well with him,Toby and his family.

I have a growth on my left hand that may be malignant.I am under the care of a hand surgeon.He is sending me for a diagnostic test on Wednesday and possibly an MRI afterward.If it is malignant he will surgically remove it in a hospital.Everyone else is fine.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I am very behind on posting and reading posts.I hope that all those who live in Florida and other states where Helene and Milton hit are okay.

The daughter of one of my friends lives in St.Petersburg and lost electricity 

———.      ——- 

I want to share some interesting news.I read on line recently that a Documentary film maker is in the process of making a film about a park in Brooklyn,NY that was frequented by many people in the 1960’s.He was looking for people who went there at the time that he wanted to interview for his film.I spent a lot of time there playing tennis,basketball,handball and softball in the 1950’s and 1960’s.I googled the filmmaker and saw that he has made over 20 films on various subjects.I e-mailed him which led to many back and forth e-mails.This past Thursday he came to my house and spent three hours interviewing and filming me.

Coincidentally one of the Photographers working for him is a guy that I have known over forty years.

On Friday he e-mailed me and said that I will be in the film which he hopes to finish by the end of the year.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2024 at 7:14 AM, A&L_Ont said:

My picks

• Mets - moving to the next round
  • Detroit - still playing
  • Padres - out
  • Kansas City - out

I would have liked Yankees and LA not to have won.  I dislike Garett Cole from NY - just wanted to state that aloud.  I don’t like LA for the contract they signed with Shohei. Just the business part, not the player who is great.

World Series though will come next round. 😂

I have been a Mets fan since 1962.A childhood friend of mine played for the Yankees in the 60’s and I rooted for the team when he played for them.

Randy Levine who is the current President of the Yankees and I had a business relationship from 1988 to 1992.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

———.      ——- 

I want to share some interesting news.I read on line recently that a Documentary film maker is in the process of making a film about a park in Brooklyn,NY that was frequented by many people in the 1960’s.He was looking for people who went there at the time that he wanted to interview for his film.I spent a lot of time there playing tennis,basketball,handball and softball in the 1950’s and 1960’s.I googled the filmmaker and saw that he has made over 20 films on various subjects.I e-mailed him which led to many back and forth e-mails.This past Thursday he came to my house and spent three hours interviewing and filming me.

Coincidentally one of the Photographers working for him is a guy that I have known over forty years.

On Friday he e-mailed me and said that I will be in the film which he hopes to finish by the end of the year.

Very interesting.  Love these type of documentaries.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

Loved the cowgirl game , feel sorry for the fans who will never see a Super Bowl while Jerry controls everything, must be totally embarrassing to lose 47-9 at home . Tomorrow my Yankees are playing In American League finals and Buffalo Bills will be playing in their third straight road game . 

• Like 5

We had an absolutely gorgeous weekend.   Temps 75 to 80 with lots of sun.   We got lots done.   Trimmed our crape myrtle that is getting really tall at back patio, trimmed our hydrangeas, rose bushes and others.    Washed our cars, shampooed rug in family room, only room in the house with carpet and a little fun...took the convertible out for a ride.

I'm exhausted.  Good night😊

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am very behind on posting and reading posts.I hope that all those who live in Florida and other states where Helene and Milton hit are okay.

———.      ——- 

Hi Lenny, good to see you checking in. What a cool story about the park and being in the movie. It is not looking good for the Mets right now but I hope the next game is better.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a growth on my left hand that may be malignant.I am under the care of a hand surgeon.He is sending me for a diagnostic test on Wednesday and possibly an MRI afterward.If it is malignant he will surgically remove it in a hospital.Everyone else is fine.

Thanks for checking in Lenny! Wishing you healing and comfort.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2024 at 1:42 PM, Luckynana said:

I heard from Graham aka Schooner, that he and Nikki are fine, just no electric.  Crystal (singinalot )is fine too.  I have been in contact with my several relatives who live all over the State, same message.  All good, all safe, no electric. One of my cousins just has a broken window and screen.   I can only assume that my Condo is okay, since it looks like Naples didn't sustain much from what I can see on tv, and our friends who live about a mile or so from us are with electric.

I hope all of our Dani friends are all safe.  John and Lala are also good.😉  

Is Crystal still cruising/traveling? I used to love reading her posts.🩷

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

———.      ——- 

Lenny, I’m not from Brooklyn but my DH is and was growing up there in the 50’s. I don’t know Brooklyn very well but I wonder if you ever crossed paths growing up. I don’t remember exactly where he lived growing up although he showed me a number of times buy I do know he wend to Sheepshead Bay High School. I know he would love to see that documentary when it comes out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Best wishes and good luck on Wednesday Lenny.