Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Joke or for real. In the card room where there are library books, a book on rome has a tag saying if you steal this book and take it off the ship a alarm might go off. 

A couple of pinnacle couples saw it and said it's someone putting on tags as a joke, not real. She said she has been on many cruises and never saw other tags like this tourist book on rome. Any possibility it's real and royal put the tag on or someone doing as a joke. 

20241020_173221.jpg

I think I would borrow the book on your next port day.  😇😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Since we were on a Halloween theme morning, we traveled to Ohio to show them the scarecrows I had posted earlier.  There were now pumpkins added to the displays.  

There were literally hundreds of carved pumpkins.  Here are a few. 

IMG_3333.thumb.jpeg.e157a7f7ffe2ff1cacb5bda5d1295225.jpeg

I am not sure who some of them represent, but this looks like Beatlejuice. 

IMG_3330.thumb.jpeg.ab56c93af6995e68c4fcb9917c0a3d21.jpeg

Another mystery one

IMG_3331.thumb.jpeg.708cc54419be11c96397847507f23342.jpeg

I may have to try carving one of these. 

IMG_3329.thumb.jpeg.0ce5a20ce217a96f4b69ce96d1c34244.jpeg

Perhaps a lion?

IMG_3334.thumb.jpeg.1fcfa0710ff465b79c8f6c5c7cbab11f.jpeg

Not a big fan of Halloween but those pumpkin sculptures are amazing 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think I would borrow the book on your next port day.  😇😁

Or on turnaround day. It's a tourist guide to rome. With pull out maps. I tried to read it and too much for me. I just dont think I'm a big planner type. I booked stuff in rome and crossing my fingers and toes it goes off without a hitch. Wouldnt be the first time in my life my planning wasnt perfect. But for me to spend hours pouring over plans and maps feels like work to me. If all else fails I'll call a taxi. I'm more of a let's wing it type. 

But I could being it to the conference room on turn around day. Next sunday they changed the meeting place. Just that particular guide to doing rome is marked like that from what I can see. And here I am doing rome, but man that book had just too too much stuff to read. A vacation is supposed to be fun not work. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

My late mam's sister died of Alzheimer's yesterday morning aged 97.

Our clocks go back 1 hour on Sunday morning and it is my 68th birthday on Sunday so I will have a 25 hour birthday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

IMG_20241025_102434.jpg

I am so sorry to hear of your Aunt's Passing, Graham.  May she Rest in Peace🙏

Do you have plans to celebrate your 68th Birthday on Sunday?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We leave for our cruise tomorrow, sailing on Sunday.  Both days of glorious weather, sunny low 80s.  Three Buc'cees on the way down to Galveston!

We didn't buy an internet package.  Does anyone know if we can  use Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan free wi-fi when in port without roaming charges?  What about airplane mode?

First, make sure your phone is on Airplane Mode anytime you're on the ship to avoid expensive cellular roaming from the ship's cell towers.

Second, confirm if Mexico is included in both Voice and Data plans through your carrier.  MOST (but not all) American companies include all of North America in their plans (Canada and Mexico both), but some only do voice/text and not data.  Some plans also include Roatan/Honduras, but that's more of an exception than a rule.  If your plan includes the port areas, you can turn off Airplane Mode while you are in port in order to be able to connect to the cell service -- just make sure to turn it back on when you get back on the ship.  

I notice that you're not doing any excursions in Roatan -- have you been there before?  If not, I can recommend a tour guide who can show you the island with a private driver for the day.  Very affordable and a reliable, safe driver.  Prefers to get you back to port two hours before All Aboard Time... has never had a customer miss the ship.  He'll customize the tour to include things you do or don't want to include.  

• Like 4

On 10/23/2024 at 4:09 PM, HBE4 said:

I'm still using Samsung Messenging although my phone keeps prompting me to use Google Messages.  Says it's safer & has more features. 

Do you notice any significant difference?

One thing I like about Google Messages is I can sync it with my computer and send/receive messages with my computer instead of my phone.  

I've been using it for several years and never had any problems.

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2024 at 9:19 AM, BonTexasNY said:

As of a few weeks ago, my cell phone is now unable to send picture texts to iPhone users.  Works well sending to Android phones.  4 of my friends and I have been sending daily texts with pictures/images wishing all of us a good morning, letting everyone know what's new in our lives. This has been going on for 4 years with no issue. The 5 of us lived in the same apt. complex for 2 years and are now in different locations.  We've kept our promise to never lose touch.  So now, I have to send word texts, no pictures to the 2 iPhone users.  

I went to two Metro-TMobile phone stores and the clerks were stumped and couldn't help.  

I might have posted this issue previously with no response.  Hopefully someone can help.

Bonnie, it looks like this issue is a problem on the iPhone person's end of things.  

I googled and found this article which has recommendations of things that the iPhone person can tweak on their end to be able to receive photos from Android phones.

I hope that helps!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I am so sorry to hear of your Aunt's Passing, Graham.  May she Rest in Peace🙏

Do you have plans to celebrate your 68th Birthday on Sunday?

Thank you Maryann.

We are taking our Sarah and her boyfriend out for my birthday meal.

• Like 4

On 10/24/2024 at 1:01 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Why are Hawaiian sunsets always so incredible???  I love your framing of the last picture with the masts in the background and the lone SUP paddler...all silhouetted.  Beautiful.

Thank you, Bob.  I was just at the right time at the right place.  But there is definitely something special and beautiful about Hawaiian sunsets.

@xpcdoojk JC, condolences to you & K for the passing of K’s mother.  Sorry we will miss you on the Bella 2 cruise, just as we missed you on the ‘October ‘22 Odyssey Holy Land cruise.

@grapau27 Graham, my sympathies for the loss of your beloved Auntie Jean.  And Happy Birthday to you on Sunday.  

@BonTexasNY Wishing you & Jack a fantastic time on your cruise.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It’s Friday night and you know what that means- more Friday Night Fireworks at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.  But before that, a orangey cloud above a docked NCL cruise ship.

IMG_7757.thumb.jpeg.49416b77e9737c9fd30ce7fff605e700.jpeg

IMG_7850.thumb.jpeg.1a1c2ac50f6fe1f8c4e235da6f71af0d.jpeg

IMG_7856.thumb.jpeg.30ae06f7fe69568895a74a0983edcf18.jpeg

IMG_7860.thumb.jpeg.f0bae4aaa050bc7e19a220fb15eab6ea.jpeg

IMG_7862.thumb.jpeg.0c92afa9add98fa9cbb45d8a84c2ea49.jpeg

IMG_7864.thumb.jpeg.d79c382964734e373400b52746c7470f.jpeg

IMG_7866.thumb.jpeg.5ae26f61d0d360867436e8d32bec1802.jpeg

IMG_7870.thumb.jpeg.9eb4e606437301734da6b6a066310109.jpeg

Thank you and lovely photos.

Pauline is at the hairdresser's so I popped down to a local beach with a coffee and snack.

I hope you and everyone especially Dani @dani negreanu are safe and in good health and y'all have a fabulous day.

Graham xx 

IMG_20241026_094014.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

First, make sure your phone is on Airplane Mode anytime you're on the ship to avoid expensive cellular roaming from the ship's cell towers.

Second, confirm if Mexico is included in both Voice and Data plans through your carrier.  MOST (but not all) American companies include all of North America in their plans (Canada and Mexico both), but some only do voice/text and not data.  Some plans also include Roatan/Honduras, but that's more of an exception than a rule.  If your plan includes the port areas, you can turn off Airplane Mode while you are in port in order to be able to connect to the cell service -- just make sure to turn it back on when you get back on the ship.  

I notice that you're not doing any excursions in Roatan -- have you been there before?  If not, I can recommend a tour guide who can show you the island with a private driver for the day.  Very affordable and a reliable, safe driver.  Prefers to get you back to port two hours before All Aboard Time... has never had a customer miss the ship.  He'll customize the tour to include things you do or don't want to include.  

Thank you for the info Debi.  We've been to Roatan numerous times and toured more than once with Victor Bodden tours.  We're happy this time to just meander around the port area.

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Bonnie, it looks like this issue is a problem on the iPhone person's end of things.  

I googled and found this article which has recommendations of things that the iPhone person can tweak on their end to be able to receive photos from Android phones.

I hope that helps!

Debi, you are the information queen!

Again, thank you for taking the time to help.  Much appreciated. 

It seems the problem is with my phone and not my friend's iPhone since she still is able to send and receive everyone else's Android texts and images, just not mine.

When I text her, I get a red message "cannot load attachment" in spite of the fact that she receives my texts which I now send without images.  

I tested my friends with a group text as we've done for 4 years.  This time I left out images.  My iPhone users didn't get my text BUT get texts when I send them individually.

OK I know people on here are getting sick of my phone issues. 

It's now 4:30am, Jack and I are up one hour already.  Cruise excitement!  Probably won't get much sleep tomorrow night either.  I'm not complaining!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

image.thumb.png.d9e198a5008dd537f0843e31859b36e2.png

Can't wait!

This one bridges the gap between my 7 day last month on Navigator and my S2S on Icon/Oasis leaving at the end of November.

I need everyone's opinion on the upcoming S2S coming up in a month.  On both cruises I have the UDP booked.  DW is encouraging me to cancel the UDP on Icon.  We have friends who were on Icon in April and they have bragged about the food on Icon so much that she thinks it is a waste of money and just wants me to cancel but book lunch on Embarkation at Giovanni's just to avoid the mad crush, We would keep the UDP on the second week when we are on Oasis.

Thoughts?

I agree with Sharron on cancelling the UDP for ICON.  No need to do Specialty dining for both cruises.  The Windjammer on Icon is a whole different setup from other class ships.  The food in there was very good with lots of options to choose from.  I think Icon and Odyssey Windjammer’s are the best.  I guarantee you and Sharron will love it or your money back.  We only did the MDR twice- for formal nights.  And the food was good in there for those two nights also.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

I hope that helps!

I read the article... glad I use android.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I agree with Sharron on cancelling the UDP for ICON.  No need to do Specialty dining for both cruises.  The Windjammer on Icon is a whole different setup from other class ships.  The food in there was very good with lots of options to choose from.  I think Icon and Odyssey Windjammer’s are the best.  I guarantee you and Sharron will love it or your money back.  We only did the MDR twice- for formal nights.  And the food was good in there for those two nights also.

If people are not buying the UDP on Icon then I'm sure RCI will fix the "problem".😉

I agree about Odyssey's Windjammer. It just seems so functional compared to other ships.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I read this article this morning about average spending on Halloween.  

IMG_7474.thumb.jpeg.b7adfa473c0ccd1e1dba0792fabf62f6.jpeg

Honestly, where do they get these figures?   Has anyone looked at candy prices lately?  We spent over $100 just for these for our granddaughter to hand out at her dance class. 

IMG_3299.thumb.jpeg.0691e602743a4814503bb922ea82a44d.jpeg

Then, there is our candy to hand out on Halloween.  Around $300 for these. 

IMG_3182.thumb.jpeg.62ca4ffde44734ae730b4526a12cfe60.jpeg

Told Susan maybe we should just get the “fun size”.  I guess we are known as “that house” that hands out the big candy.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wow.  I'd like to live in your neighborhood!

This was the first year we didn’t buy snickers bars.  The good news was that in years past, that was what was left over and I would get to eat them.  

But the bad news was that was what was left over and I would get to eat them.  

I love snickers.  

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This was the first year we didn’t buy snickers bars.  The good news was that in years past, that was what was left over and I would get to eat them.  

But the bad news was that was what was left over and I would get to eat them.  

I love snickers.  

My favorite are peanut butter cups followed by almond joy.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Such a sad picture😪😪😪

20241025_193140.thumb.jpg.ff0025f3a89fc8ab5cd5f9e59b347cad.jpg

A very happy picture🫠🫠🫠

20241025_193204.thumb.jpg.f4d491c4b4a8a4768b7c3c670d9cff3d.jpg

I feel the same way about Kraken, and our favorite tequila as well. 🙌🏼

In my grocery app on the phone, I have a Total Wines list along with the grocery, Home Depot and Costco lists.  I tell myself that’s a good thing. 😬

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I see a lot of new posters buzzing on the roll call.

🙂 I used to be on the thread myself, then CC dumped some subscriptions to threads without me realizing.  I had to go resubscribe.  I think it happened to more than one of us.

I am wondering if a couple on there now are really sailing, or just pretending they are. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We did a NE cruise the fall before the shutdown, and one guy chatted along, was listing plans, etc., then never showed.  Crickets from him after we all started sailing.  He was still posting elsewhere here, so he must have been okay.  Really strange. 

• Like 3